IGNORED

The Peanut butter war

BlondeAgent007

Well we've done peanut butter to death, shoes on /shoes off (I prefer off in my own home), how about TP? Over or under or as long as it's on the roll I'm good?

TP must go over the roll.

And how about dark chocolate (YES!) vs milk chocolate, and don't mention that abomination white chocolate.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My favorite part of that PB thread continues to be someone's mention of "a pet rabbit triggering you repeatedly".

It's nice to feel appreciated! :) :oops:

I just ate a peanut butter and pirate's booty sandwich. I realize how weird that is but it was crunchy and salty and delicious.

My favorite lunch one year in grade school was velveeta with fritos. Similar textures.

I think it is a snow and mud thing. I ask if we need to take off our shoes when we walk in a home here in Central Washington, especially when they have carpet. It's common courtesy here because the floors would get ruined otherwise. Many people have a nice shoe rack in their entryway.

I think shoes off is pretty much universal in the PNW due to weather.

What terrible and sad country is this? (Please tell me it's one where you eat Marmite...please! :lol: )

I live in Spain. And what the heck is Marmite?

Nevermind, Google images tells me it looks like molasses.

Well I ate a peanut butter sandwich on the way to a wedding wearing a black dress and then I took my shoes off at the reception. AND I homeschooled my oldest daughter for preschool by letting her watch Noggin (It's like preschool on tv!). Or maybe I radically unschooled her by letting her choose if she wanted to watch? Who knows.

And I am pretty sure I was a drama queen on the wedding dress/shoes thread.

Well I ate a peanut butter sandwich on the way to a wedding wearing a black dress and then I took my shoes off at the reception. AND I homeschooled my oldest daughter for preschool by letting her watch Noggin (It's like preschool on tv!). Or maybe I radically unschooled her by letting her choose if she wanted to watch? Who knows.

And I am pretty sure I was a drama queen on the wedding dress/shoes thread.

Doesn't it seem strange when you go back and look at stuff you wrote a year or two ago? Looking at the PB thread today, I just wondered, "What was going on that day with me?" lol I was uncharacteristically kumbaya-ey (except for CJ, I think that's when I finally told CJ she needed to shut up about being poor if she was going to keep popping out babies willy-nilly). Strange.

Let's go all-out!

Vaccines

Breastfeeding vs bottle feeding by choice instead of medical reasons

Spanking

Backstreet Boys vs N*SYNC

Discuss. ;)

I live in Spain. And what the heck is Marmite?

Nevermind, Google images tells me it looks like molasses.

Nectar from heaven. It's a savoury yeast spread. There are two kinds, British and New Zealand. NZ is better!

I carried a jar around all day yesterday to have with my lunch bread :p

Let's go all-out!

Vaccines

Spanking

Discuss. ;)

:o :violence-blades:

I am still not over the shoes topic, its best I don't discuss it. (grumble,grumble,shoes OFF :dance: )

I didn't even finish reading the homeschooling thread . I am trying not to get bent out of shape about stupid things. Its not working, but I AM trying. :clap:

Let's go all-out!

Vaccines

Spanking

Discuss. ;)

You forgot circumcision for the non-Jewish.

ConfusedJezebel

I'm pretty sure my first ever post on FJ was directed at some bit of WTFery from CJ. She did have a remarkable knack for arguing against her own self-interest :?

I very deliberately avoided the PB thread entirely...

Forget PB&J sandwiches. How about PB and potato sandwiches? It's a family thing.

Never mind wearing black dress to a wedding. I wore a red dress to a funeral ... and danced. The RCMP broke up the funeral. It's a family thing; the community expects it.

When I step inside my front door I take off my outside shoes and put on my inside shoes. I have a foot deformity and can't go barefoot. It's a family thing.

My homes have always been near schools; does that count?

I'm particularly proud of the fact I was the first response to the OP on the Peanut Butter Wars thread. I like to feel like I was in on the ground floor of something really important. (Actually, I'd totally forgotten that I was and just realized it while looking back on the memories.)

Nectar from heaven. It's a savoury yeast spread. There are two kinds, British and New Zealand. NZ is better!

I carried a jar around all day yesterday to have with my lunch bread :p

Actually, it's totally nasty stuff that ruthlessly deceived my innocent Canadian 3 yr old by daring to look like chocolate spread and then tasting like shit. Should have taken a video of her reaction.

Ok, I am desperately searching for the shoes-indoors-or-not thread and I just can't seem to find it... can anybody help me out with a link?

It's not a shoes-indoors-or-not issue, but a "The only people who answer the door to their own home without shoes on are low class/boorish" issue.

It's not a shoes-indoors-or-not issue, but a "The only people who answer the door to their own home without shoes on are low class/boorish" issue.

Really? I guess I'm low class then. I never wear shoes inside and I'm certainly not about to put them on just to answer the door. Do you have the link to the thread? Now, I'm curious.

Really? I guess I'm low class then. I never wear shoes inside and I'm certainly not about to put them on just to answer the door. Do you have the link to the thread? Now, I'm curious.

I go barefoot even in the winter, so I'm right there with you. I'll see what I can dig up.

If I lived in a hot, dry climate, maybe I'd wear shoes indoors like my Australian friends.

However, I live in Canada, I wore my boots today through a gross combination of snow and muddy slush, and you bet the footwear came off the moment I stepped inside. The other thing is that once I do step inside, we have central heating so it's possible to go barefoot without freezing.

Archived