IGNORED

Bittners/By Grace Alone

haveapicniclife

Are you one of her Priscilla's sisters?

I'm not certain if you are lying about knowing her or not but I am suspicious. Nothing against you personally, just that there is no way for us to verify your information.

a sister??????? hell no!!

and i'm not lying about what i told you guys, and again you don't have to believe me. there's obviously no way to prove what i've said since it was a conversation between us. unless i had recorded it or something but only a creep would have done that!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is really amusing when people focus on grammar/spelling/editing instead of the topic at hand. It shows a very limited capacity to think outside their own narrow box. Many, many people have become accustomed to writing using informal text shorthand. Presumably this will only become more common. It doesn't mean they aren't intelligent and can't write formally if required - but it isn't necessary for day to day communication and it is kind of silly to pretend that it is.

Anyway, on the original topic - that Christmas blog post is really, really creepy. I can understand the family wanting to try to still have fun and keep things stable - but my God ! The girl had only been arrested on the 23rd and they are having photo shoots and acting happy ????? :shock:

I am wondering if the girl was possibly under the influence of prescribed medication or street drug that could have caused the sexual acting out ? I don't recall which medication it was, but I read about an anti-depressant that sometimes caused hyper sexuality as a side effect and meth also can do that at times. Just on the tiny little bit of information that has been posted it seems like she might possibly be medicated or trying to self-medicate. Such a sad situation all the way around.

I think it is really amusing when people focus on grammar/spelling/editing instead of the topic at hand. It shows a very limited capacity to think outside their own narrow box.

Why, thank you.

Judgmental much?

Why, thank you.

Judgmental much?

just as much as people trying to disprove that a person goes to college through a couple of posts on a public forum lol

I agree with you. I don't know if she was set up, but there are definitely many, many red flags. I just meant if I truly felt my daughter (or any child of mine) were guilty I wouldn't be funding her defense. I don't think anyone is being all that truthful about this case.

Your sentence about working for justice really resonates. It certainly doesn't appear that anyone has been working for justice for this young woman instead the focus has been on getting her right with God. Why not both at the same time?

The sad reality is that even if she is found innocent where does she go after this? What kind of support system does she have? She'll be as lost as she ever was if not more so. To return to her family and that culture she'd be shunned and an outcast for the rest of her life. She'd just be trading one prison for another.

The entire story is just horrific all around.

i know it's off topic, but why wouldn't you fund your child's defense? It's not about proving they're not guilty, it's about having a fair trial too, and ensure that there is therapy down the way. I dunno I find it very very harsh on your own child, especially if you have money for it. Ensuring a fair trial is not condoning any criminal acts.

"i know it's off topic, but why wouldn't you fund your child's defense? It's not about proving they're not guilty, it's about having a fair trial too, and ensure that there is therapy down the way. I dunno I find it very very harsh on your own child, especially if you have money for it. Ensuring a fair trial is not condoning any criminal acts."

It's harsh, I admit. But as a parent (I have 3 kids) to me there are some acts that are indefensible. Child abuse and child sexual abuse top that list. You're right, they are legally entitled to a fair trial but it's not going to be with a lawyer I pay for. There are just some things I could never, and would never, defend. If my child sexually molested someone I would pay for their therapy and professional help, but I would not pay for their criminal defense. I would offer to help the victim's family pay for their child's therapy. You do the crime you do the time. If I knew my child were innocent then yes I would pay for legal defense, but if I were presented photos of my child sexually molesting a child, then no I would not pay for their defense. There is no defense against that. There just isn't.

If this young girl did in fact sexually assault these young children while she was a minor then I truly believe her parents should help fund the victims therapy and any other professional medical treatment they receive.

Honestly as horrible as it is to say the gang rape seems dishonest and untruthful to me. It sounds more like a young girl who became sexually active behind her parents back and was found out when she contracted an STD and required medical treatment and could no longer hide the condition. I think this is the more likely scenario than gang rape. It seems more likely that perhaps she herself was molested as a child and became promiscuous as a teen and got caught by her parents who them sent her to this abusive place because they were more focused on getting her "right with God" instead of getting her real help. The cycle begets the cycle. I wouldn't be surprised if this young woman has lost any and all faith she ever had in God. Regardless of the truth of the situation she is obviously in desperate need of serious psychological help. It will take her years to become even remotely mentally healthy again.

Mugpie - If it was my kid I would still fund their defense if possible.. just because it's my kid and I can't see NOT doing so. If they were truly guilty, which of course is possible - every serial killer and rapist is somebody's baby- I wouldn't want them out roaming about, but I wouldn't want them in some hell hole either. I know that isn't particularly rational, but he/she would still be my child and I would at least want them in a place that was decent, where they could get help if needed, and where I could visit.

I kind of agree with you about the gang rape story. It does sound like something a young girl might say when cornered in a tough situation. If people aren't finding any crime reports locally, when it would be such a high profile type crime, it does seem unlikely to have happened in that way. It might even be that she was raped - but not while jogging but out at a party and/or while under the influence - a situation that the family might blame her for.

Of course this is all just internet speculation, the entire molest charge could turn out to be completely unfounded.

Guest Anonymous
"i know it's off topic, but why wouldn't you fund your child's defense? It's not about proving they're not guilty, it's about having a fair trial too, and ensure that there is therapy down the way. I dunno I find it very very harsh on your own child, especially if you have money for it. Ensuring a fair trial is not condoning any criminal acts."

It's harsh, I admit. But as a parent (I have 3 kids) to me there are some acts that are indefensible. Child abuse and child sexual abuse top that list. You're right, they are legally entitled to a fair trial but it's not going to be with a lawyer I pay for. There are just some things I could never, and would never, defend. If my child sexually molested someone I would pay for their therapy and professional help, but I would not pay for their criminal defense. I would offer to help the victim's family pay for their child's therapy. You do the crime you do the time. If I knew my child were innocent then yes I would pay for legal defense, but if I were presented photos of my child sexually molesting a child, then no I would not pay for their defense. There is no defense against that. There just isn't.

If this young girl did in fact sexually assault these young children while she was a minor then I truly believe her parents should help fund the victims therapy and any other professional medical treatment they receive.

Honestly as horrible as it is to say the gang rape seems dishonest and untruthful to me. It sounds more like a young girl who became sexually active behind her parents back and was found out when she contracted an STD and required medical treatment and could no longer hide the condition. I think this is the more likely scenario than gang rape. It seems more likely that perhaps she herself was molested as a child and became promiscuous as a teen and got caught by her parents who them sent her to this abusive place because they were more focused on getting her "right with God" instead of getting her real help. The cycle begets the cycle. I wouldn't be surprised if this young woman has lost any and all faith she ever had in God. Regardless of the truth of the situation she is obviously in desperate need of serious psychological help. It will take her years to become even remotely mentally healthy again.

Wow. So you agree people are entitled to a fair trial, but then judge this girl based on what 'seems' to you to be 'more likely'.

No, I'm really not trying to judge her. If anything my heart breaks for her.

I was mixing my thoughts about what I imagine I would do with my own child and then rambling on about what I was thinking about this girl. It's definitely not meant as judgement. This case is thought provoking in that it's made me think about things from a perspective I've never really entertained before.

It's all just random speculation and I suppose I'm rambling in my posts.

I will say I hope she gets the help she needs both legal and psychological and that she has an adequate support system in place regardless of the outcome of her case.

Does anyone know how high in the ATI hierarchy this family is? Do the pictures with Gothard indicate they are in some kind of inner circle, or can anyone waltz into ATI HQ and get their picture taken with Goatherd?

Guest Anonymous

Jacqueline has posted again, a new entry about 'taming the tongue'. Again, it shows a huge discord with the situation at hand:

As I pondered these words the Lord gently prompted me and brought a few verses to mind. he reminded me of Jeremiah 17:9, "The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. Who can know it?" and "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh." I was reminded that whatever is in my heart will eventually come out of my mouth. We can paste on good words and a cheery smile for a little while, but if the condition of our heart is in a state of disaster we will eventually be found out. Our mouth will overflow with whatever ungodly or unkind words, thoughts, unforgiveness, bitterness, or hatred has been festering inside of our hearts.

Absolutely no awareness that her family is being 'found out' through the ridiculous facade they are putting on, in the face of Priscilla's arrest and imprisonment.

Jacqueline did take a comment about Priscilla in the comments section of the Christmas post:

Where's Priscilla? Did I just miss her in the pictures?

It's great to hear from you again!

January 14, 2012 11:21 AM

Jacqueline said...

Priscilla wasn't with us. Please pray for her.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

The Bittners must not have liked the attention FJ garnered them... thus the private blogs now. Sad... I guess they must be sharing some details about Priscilla that they don't want us to know :cry: :cry: :cry:

I found this picture on Jacqueline's FB that she posted in December 2011. Fairly recent and Priscilla was with them.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/381235_2747073753093_1145018127_33177049_879603343_n.jpg

Jacqueline's FB: http://www.facebook.com/jacquelinembittner

Jacqueline's blog as well as the Bittner family blog are now set to private and invited readers only. I wonder what happened.

Considering what the family is facing in regards to Priscilla, I can't say I blame her.

I am glad they've gone private too. Whether they're sharing what is going on or continuing to ignore it and play pretty, happy family doesn't matter. People DO know what's going on to some extent and they probably cause more harm than good by pretending otherwise. And, if they're talking about it - for Priscilla's sake, private is the only acceptable way to go.

I found this picture on Jacqueline's FB that she posted in December 2011. Fairly recent and Priscilla was with them.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/381235_2747073753093_1145018127_33177049_879603343_n.jpg

Jacqueline's FB: http://www.facebook.com/jacquelinembittner

I right-clicked on the image, looked at the image info, and the last time this image was modified was Dec. 31, 2009. So it's nowhere near recent.

And while I'm at it, here's what creeps me out about Jacqueline: she always has the exact same frozen smile on her face in just about every single picture. She always gives the exact same face to the camera, without variation. Very strange.

sheesh, i never claimed to be her bff i said i kno her. i thought you guys wanted answers and i was trying to help. i do care about her and i'm not her enemy. and what kind of evidence do you want? a signed statement?

You came here and gave a lot of detailed insider information. It's the kind of stuff that someone in Priscilla Bittner's situation wouldn't tell just anyone they happen to "kno [sic]"--it's the kind of stuff that would only be shared with a close family member or one of their best, most trusted friends.

I don't believe for a second that you came here to "help." Nor do I think it's "weird," or in any way a coincidence, that you found this site.

Maybe you know Priscilla Bittner well, maybe you don't. But why would you be so eager to give us--a bunch of online strangers who are highly critical of the Bittner family, and who have nothing to do with this case beyond our opinions and speculations--"insider" information? Why would you give a rats ass about providing the likes of us with answers? If you really cared about her, as you claim you do, why would you do this?

So, given that, I question your motives, and I have every reason to believe they suck. Honestly, I don't believe you're a friend of Priscilla's at all. I think you're just here to stir the pot.

I think it is really amusing when people focus on grammar/spelling/editing instead of the topic at hand. It shows a very limited capacity to think outside their own narrow box.

Such a cute little handslap! I want to pinch its chubby little cheeks!

Look, when someone comes onto a forum for the very first time, claiming to have important information--yet can't be bothered to present it in the clear, coherent fashion such important information surely warrants? Oh yeah, I'm going to pick on them.

In this case, we have someone who, for the most part, spells everything correctly--and yet has dispensed with paragraph breaks, proper capitalization, or sufficient punctuation. So that tells me right away we've got someone who really does "kno" how to communicate in reasonably good written English, but for some reason they're choosing not to.

Now, if they're deliberately trying to come across as a complete fucking airhead, they're doing a fine job of it. But if they're trying to set the record straight and give the impression they actually know what they're writing about, and should be taken seriously? They're failing mightily. If you want to be taken seriously on a forum where nearly all the regulars at least try to write in clear, correct English, and it's obvious that is the norm, then it stands to reason that you would follow suit. Unless, of course, you're a complete fucking airhead, or someone with an agenda who is here to intentionally mess with us.

I don't give two shits for the fact that other people on other forums use sloppy shortcuts when they post. It's not done here, as you should know by now.

Uh.. yeah, actually I would be hand slapping YOUR hand slap. Who knows why they were writing poorly.. a simple explanation would be they are posting from a "non-smart" phone. It just comes across as silly and pretentious to pretend you can't make out what someone is saying when of course you can.

I am wondering now if the "gang-rape" story was made up as a cover for abuse by a family member or trusted friend of the family. Should be fairly easy to check if we knew the name of the town they lived in then.

yes. this is what i meant in my rather unelegent post.

Why, thank you.

Judgmental much?

No...pointing out the truth. My sister is a year 1 teacher (and 26) yet her text msgs to me and emails look similar to RL246's and only slowly, slowly are in 'better' English.

And she attended a private high-school with a great Yr 12 score and a 4 year university.

Don't judge someone because the grammar isn't as good as yours. They may be smarter than you. Or not. But it's the more informal way a lot of young people communicate these days (god making myself sound old at 28!) with little indication of their actual IQ.

I do know what you mean, but it is a courtesy to adapt your style to the place you are.

I cannot spell and have to repeatedly check what I wrote (and I swear a lot). My text messages are sometimes so incoherent people call me and go "WTF, no clue what you meant." It is laziness...I know I have difficulty spelling so I try and fix it for FJ and I try a LOT at work.

Don't want to condemn the poster, she had interesting stuff to say. However it must also be OK to challenge a well educated non ESL poster if their posts are hard to read?

Archived