IGNORED

MakaziVille is Live!

Boogalou

I just ignored the video, 'cause I figured it would piss me off (turned the sound down and flipped to another window to work while it was playing). The whole game is racist, but I'm trying to ignore the serious implications for now.

I went in the kitchen and washed dishes while the video was playing!

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That mosquito-swatting challenge is ridiculous. Swatting a few mosquitoes won't stop malaria. WTF? Like people really don't know how to swat mosquitoes and need Mighty Christian Whitey to come do it for them? Really?

Yeah, I built a church, a farm, and a few tents connected by a road for the poor heathens.

You must be on level 2 now, I am only on level one and can't even get a crappy TENT, so I bought more trees!

It should be called Farmpeliest! Where under the guiese of a facebook-ripoff farm game, your child can now learn how to be a virtual internet imperalist by bribing citizens culture with technological needs (washing machines, air-conditioners, and laptops, etc.) are also given with alternative religious "needs"! Persuade your villagers to become Christians by offering them to reject their religion in favor of better house-hold technology! And of course, every house in the country is not equipped with modern technology, which you will provide them with through the Lord's will!

Guest Anonymous

Awesome, I just added you too. Question: Why is JoyAnna's avatar wearing pants!?!

Because she'll never have the opportunity in real life.

Just out of curiosity... did anyone choose to get back in the cab when the cabdriver was doing that annoying "Are you sure? Last chance!" thing? I want to know what would have happened if you were all "Yeah, screw this. I'm going home."

Just out of curiosity... did anyone choose to get back in the cab when the cabdriver was doing that annoying "Are you sure? Last chance!" thing? I want to know what would have happened if you were all "Yeah, screw this. I'm going home."

I did.

Well, more accurately is to say I tried. After I clicked on the "screw this I'm going home cab icon", the cab driver told me I didn't have enough money for a cab ride back anyway, so I would have to stay.

I'm Bent Arrow.

Did you know that God CAN and WILL send everyone to hell who doesn't believe in Him, even if it's because they can't read the Bible because it's never been translated into their language? Because that's a cheery message I'm watching right now.

I only got 7 mosquitoes.

This game is very slow. It seems like it has a lot of dead time, with no talking. But the pictures they show aren't that exciting, either.

ETA: Oh, hell no, $26 a month? That's $312 a year. Do they know how much Starbucks I can buy with that? Also, WTH, this game is for children--really? Really? They're asking children to guilt their parents into giving money? That is so, so very sketchy.

I did.

Well, more accurately is to say I tried. After I clicked on the "screw this I'm going home cab icon", the cab driver told me I didn't have enough money for a cab ride back anyway, so I would have to stay.

Ha! I figured it would be some kind of bullshit like that. You're doing missions work whether you want to or not!

I'm Bent Arrow.

Did you know that God CAN and WILL send everyone to hell who doesn't believe in Him, even if it's because they can't read the Bible because it's never been translated into their language? Because that's a cheery message I'm watching right now.

I only got 7 mosquitoes.

This game is very slow. It seems like it has a lot of dead time, with no talking. But the pictures they show aren't that exciting, either.

ETA: Oh, hell no, $26 a month? That's $312 a year. Do they know how much Starbucks I can buy with that? Also, WTH, this game is for children--really? Really? They're asking children to guilt their parents into giving money? That is so, so very sketchy.

Wait until you check whatever email address you signed up with... after you watch the video they email your parents to encourage them to ask you about what was in the video.

Once you get past all the introduction stuff, you can click on your character and change your clothes. I don't know if it worked for me, though. I see my character in a modest polo shirt and khaki skirt, but apparently others do not. Do the Duggars realize they are making me sin against my will by defrauding others?

Has anyone made a male character yet? I wonder if their clothing options are any better.

My character is male, and he's actually pretty BA. Black jeans, cowboy boots, sunglasses...and he's "ethnic" as those folks would say. Giant 'fro to boot. I was surprised I could make a character that looked fairly cool.

I did.

Well of course youre out of money! You gave the cab driver a $100 bill (USD? Because they totally take US currency in wherever this is). Silly Duggars! Lets learn about currency exchange!

Oh, and my "parents" had a really good discussion about the video today. Considering my "parents" are my dogs... they were totally into it.

I'm StarrieEyedKat there as well. I'd rather be playing Farmville...

(Also, I only scored 21 points on the mosquito game, and my answer to the devotional was "Multiple Orgasms")

Lol. I am just Boogalou, I should have been more creative.

The goal of the game appears to be to translate the Bible into Kazi or Makazi, it's hard to hear, so the people of Tanzania can read about God's love in their own language, otherwise they have to read in Swahili, Arabic, or English. Many Tanzanians have never heard of Jesus because only one in three are Christian, no word on what everyone else is. They told me some basic facts about the geography of Tanzania and I will have to keep in mind that the game is aimed to ages five and up...

However, the first challenge is killing mosquito so people don't get malaria :roll: the game is hard though, I only got four points :(

I also have to build the entire village. My guess is that the converts will move into my village.

Wow. Is it a coincidence that kazi means "work" in Kiswahili, the lingua franca of Tanzania? What do you think it means? These impoverished Tanzanians will be saved by work once they get to know Jesus? Or, this is not a game, it is work, because fun is ebil.

If they're going to go the missionary route, I wish they'd show local missionaries instead of the stereotypical western person coming in to save the natives. I have a feeling that Tanzanians are a lot better at building a Tanzanian village than I am.

Edit: makazi means habitat

I keep on hoping my character has a chance to go bamboo. Like the total Colonel Kurtz Gamma Project experience...Pastor Mike would have to come in like Colby and he'd join my cause. F'd up shiz would happen...the horror.

Btw...Makazi don't surf.

I gave my character whore eyes*, tight pants, and a red shirt to symbolize the status of her virginity (absent). I would have given her a skirt above the knee or heels, but *somebody* didn't provide those options to me.

*The one with the green eyeshadow. It seems like the Duggers would find it defrauding. I just find it tacky.

. . .

Edit: makazi means habitat

Also means, place of work, jobsite, and homesite.

I gave my character whore eyes*, tight pants, and a red shirt to symbolize the status of her virginity (absent). I would have given her a skirt above the knee or heels, but *somebody* didn't provide those options to me.

*The one with the green eyeshadow. It seems like the Duggers would find it defrauding. I just find it tacky.

I gave myself the same eyes, but choose a nice pair of eye glasses to help in NOT defrauding the local men!

Why on earth are "nightgowns" one of the clothing options?

I saw that too, and after trying one on my avatar was concerned that it might be a (horrific) attempt at 'local' dress, and then sensitively named "nightgowns".

Hopefully I'm wrong.

If you watch the video right on the main page of the site (makaziville.com/) it is a testimonial from the Duggars. It is quite interesting.

At about 30 seconds in there are two women who are most definitely not Duggars. And at 1:26 there is a non-Duggar male beside Joseph. Anyone know who they are?

And I really hope that they are forcing the kids into saying things for the video as Joseph claims the game is "really challenging but a lot of fun" and then that he would definitely recommend it to all his friends and that it's amazing, however his expression indicates otherwise.

I bet it makes more sense too.

Yes, its starting to make sense. I think I would need to be shit faced in order to fully compared this game. No wonder the fundies dont drink, they are so shit faced naturally that their religion makes perfect sense to them.

Archived