IGNORED

Maxwell Christmas 2011

Marian the Librarian

Can we do a Jingerbread blast from the past- Emily? A Jingerbread 700 square foot apartment, with tiny jingerbread children sleeping on peed-up jingerbread mattresses, with tons of jingerbread boxes about to fall on them?

And a gingerbread dollar store, stocked with tube meat!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to contribute the Gingerbread Plantation House for the re-enactors of the War of Ginger Agression. Also the hoop skirts. I'm thinking about fruit roll-ups for those.

I want to do the purity ballroom,so I may need to copy the hoop skirts. Or maybe a small jungle with anacondas...

Oh, a jingerbread floating forest to carry all the dinosaurs, animals, and plants from building to building...

The Victorian cottage and store are cute. I hope they had some fun making them.

If it hasn't been taken already, I volunteer for the jingerbread convenience store that sells alcohol and cigatettes.

I have absolutely no talent with jingerbread-based-architecture, but if someone is stuck for ideas and can't think of anything in a whole year :lol: I think that jingerville ought to have a FreeJinger halfway house for escaping fundies (maybe even jingerJinger herself!). Hey, we might not be able to do much to help them IRL, but our oppressed stay-at-home-jingerdaughters might just have a chance at freedom yet.

If it hasn't been taken already, I volunteer for the jingerbread convenience store that sells alcohol and cigatettes.

And lottery tickets!

Don't forget you'll need to make a Michelle figure picketing that store!

I just got home with my Jinger house kit! $4.50 at WalMart (any fundies favorite store!) Go get yours now while they are cheap-buy out of season and save the difference!

Angri-la - I would love to have a competing house of ill-repute! defrauding is a serious business! I can have some girls who specialize in "The Virgin Bride Experience."

It will either be a competing house of ill-repute, or Madame Angri-la's House of Burlesque, complete with Jingerbread neon sign of a "peeler". I will also be opening at least one saloon in Jingerville's Red light district.

I'm out of town and only have a short time on line at the public library. If it hasn't been mentioned yet someone needs to do an ebil publik skool. And a beach with frumper swim suits.

I'm out of town and only have a short time on line at the public library. If it hasn't been mentioned yet someone needs to do an ebil publik skool. And a beach with frumper swim suits.

An publik skool should be have been made with ginger Sarah in a ginger car feeling sorry for those kids inside.

I'm out of town and only have a short time on line at the public library.

That reminds me -- do we need a gingerbread public library to shock the fundies?

How about someone making a gingerbread Trish (of Fish With . . .), with vanilla icing streaks in her hair, accosting normally scantily-clad women or tossing tracts at the fast-food drive-through?

• 2 weeks later...

This really makes me want to make Gingerbread houses with my nieces and nephews. I don't know if my sisters would take it seriously, though. It looks like a lot of fun. I bet hubby (ever the artist!) would make a masterpiece. He's quite impressive with Play-Doh and Legos when we're playing with the kids.

• 10 months later...

I think we should each ice a jingerbread person to represent ourselves and have an FJ line-up.

Alternatively, we could do a set of gingerbread fundies, one for each of the people we snark on.

OT: There was a grocery store near where I was growing up that did a chocolate village. They even sold chocolate houses instead of gingerbread. I can still taste them. Mmm

Well I have to give it to them, they've done a ton better than I could have done :lol:

I think that the FreeJingerbread Jinger village will be more fun though.

I still can't imagine being 30 or even in my 20's and having the making of gingerbread houses be such a huge production. Sure, I've done it and under a few different circumstances. But, I always had...more. The big thing of my life the week before Christmas was not spending hours in the kitchen making a gingerbread village with my parents and siblings.

It seems such a waste of life to me.

I disagree, almost everything else they do is a waste of life, this sounds pretty fun. I'd enjoy doing something like that and consider it an achievement (though not every year). Around holiday times most people spend time with their family anyway and I don't think it's worse to choose that as your way to hang out together than something else.

Yes, what happened? Nothing about gingerbread creations, just their thankful lists. Steve - did you get offended by the comments?

I just went to the blog to see the village and can't find the post. Has it been taken down?

No, it's still up. This thread was about their Jingerville from last Christmas. Here's the post with the photos:

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2011/12/23/the-finished-products/

Archived