IGNORED

Maxwell Christmas 2011

Marian the Librarian

Nurse Nell since you already claimed the graveyard I want to claim the church. I would rather do the graveyard but doing an old fashioned church with far better stained glass would be so cool.

I really hope someone can remember this so we can do this and remind everyone mid Nov.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We celebrated tonight and when I got to my moms there were two gingerbread house kits for all the kids to do. My kids did them with their fundie cousins and I got pictures. You know I was thinking of this thread as soon as I saw them. :dance

Next year I'll make the gingerbread Philly Art Museum with the steps and a tiny Rocky running up them because we are completely hooked on Rocky right now. (We saw all 6 movies now)

Nurse Nell since you already claimed the graveyard I want to claim the church. I would rather do the graveyard but doing an old fashioned church with far better stained glass would be so cool.

I really hope someone can remember this so we can do this and remind everyone mid Nov.

OK, sounds good. I don't want to do a church. I'm going to make a list once this thread is finished.

Dibs on the library. Stocked with a collection designed to drive fundies wild: Darwin and Rowling and Hitchens, oh my!

Dibs on the library. Stocked with a collection designed to drive fundies wild: Darwin and Rowling and Hitchens, oh my!

I was think the library in honor of my mother but knew there were several librarians on FJ.

I changed my mind.... I don't know if i want to do a church now. I'm thinking a steeple would be hard. Let me think about it, ok?

I want to do a horse farm for Miss Raquel's poor horse. It'll have good fencing, maybe some trees, another horse to keep him company, and nothing toxic for him to munch on! When Christmas is over, I'll give it to my own horsie for a snack.

I was think the library in honor of my mother but knew there were several librarians on FJ.

I changed my mind.... I don't know if i want to do a church now. I'm thinking a steeple would be hard. Let me think about it, ok?

I know you said you wanted to do a cemetery but I'd taken it already. Why couldn't we do two, or even 3? I'll do a Catholic cemetery. That could still leave a fundie one, also Jewish.

Oh, oh, and we gotta have an Elderly Care Home just like the one where the Maxwells do church.

Or maybe the one where Steve's mother is, wondering why her son doesn't see her more than twice a year.

I am in! Can I make a jingerbread brothel complete with beer bottles (I love those gummy root beer bottles) and a flag of edible underwear hanging from the front porch? I will use chocolate body butter as the mortar and tequila candies (with worm) for the bricks!

You beat me to it! Jingerville needs a red light district! If we can have several cemetaries, we can have several brothels. We can make picketers, too, with jingerbread signs: "Stop the JINGERBREADSPLOITATION!"

You beat me to it! Jingerville needs a red light district! If we can have several cemetaries, we can have several brothels. We can make picketers, too, with jingerbread signs: "Stop the JINGERBREADSPLOITATION!"

You need some outside of the Gingerbread Planned Parenthood office, holding up posters showing little blobs of cookie dough...

Jingerville needs a PFLAG branch office or something similar too. With rainbow flags, and same-sex couples, and little gingerbread men in dresses.

I'd be tempted to recreated the grinning picture from Jubilee's political rally memorial service, but I don't think I have the skill.

Here are some more ideas:

- a swimming pool mikveh.

- a supermarket with Duggars pushing overflowing carts full of prepared crappy food.

- Uriah (I know someone mentioned that the Maxwell's forgot to make one).

- Wiccan or Pagan places of worship.

- a lovely house, with a sweet family standing in front, which is multi-racial, and in which both parents are the same gender.

I want to do the Duggar caravan--you know, "how many vehicles will it take us to get to ATI homeschool camp?" The big RV, the smaller cars towing trailers... it'll be like camels on the way to see the baby Jesus, except, you know, not. (Growing up, our ceramic nativity set had really dramatic camels. I was a little kid and they made a big impression.)

I'm tempted to do up the big bus with all the signs they had on it for their entry in the local Christmas parade, that one year. Or is that too meta?

I don't know about you all, but I'm gonna buy a Jingerbread House kit for this little project tomorrow when they are half-price. Fundies like to save money, right? Nevermind that it'll be a year old, it was ON SALE!!!

I don't know about you all, but I'm gonna buy a Jingerbread House kit for this little project tomorrow when they are half-price. Fundies like to save money, right? Nevermind that it'll be a year old, it was ON SALE!!!

God idea. It's not like anyone eats their gingerbread houses, right? Do they? I don't know.

Well, like I said I feed mine to my horses. I throw it out into their paddock, anyway. As long as there's no mold it should be fine. If they don't want it, it'll biodegrade into the soil-no worries. Someone else said they feed theirs to their chickens, I imagine chickens could eat an elderly Jingerbread house without any issues, too.

So many lights, decorations and fun things in their pretend village. Yet, none at all in their own lives. So much time and effort into a gingerbread village, yet none in their own lives.

My nephews made a gingerbread house and brought it to our celebration last night. They used every and anything edible you could imagine to decorate it and it was obvious from the onset that they used their own home as a model. Same lights. Same porch garland, bows and candy canes. Same fence garland. There was a snowman for the pretend house and we have no snow and my younger nephew (who is 10) made sure we all knew that it was pretend, but he would build a snowman as soon as he can.

It was broken apart and eaten before the night was out. It was enjoyed. Not only in the making of it, but in the eating of it.

You need some outside of the Gingerbread Planned Parenthood office, holding up posters showing little blobs of cookie dough...

This cracks me up.

As for my contribution to the Free Jingerbread Village, I'd like to do a gingerbread strip mall church, complete with a gingerbread Steven Anderson looking at Manhunt on a gingerbread computer in the back room. (No jokes about white frosting, please.)

As for my contribution to the Free Jingerbread Village, I'd like to do a gingerbread strip mall church, complete with a gingerbread Steven Anderson looking at Manhunt on a gingerbread computer in the back room. (No jokes about white frosting, please.)

With a peeing wall. 8-)

Angri-la - I would love to have a competing house of ill-repute! defrauding is a serious business! I can have some girls who specialize in "The Virgin Bride Experience."

God idea. It's not like anyone eats their gingerbread houses, right? Do they? I don't know.

I do, or at least I pick of the important parts like candy, and icing.

Can we do a Jingerbread blast from the past- Emily? A Jingerbread 700 square foot apartment, with tiny jingerbread children sleeping on peed-up jingerbread mattresses, with tons of jingerbread boxes about to fall on them?

I would like to contribute the Gingerbread Plantation House for the re-enactors of the War of Ginger Agression. Also the hoop skirts. I'm thinking about fruit roll-ups for those.

Archived