IGNORED

Duggar World Tour

Kitten

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched bits and pieces of it too. When they dunked JB in the river, his hair was so shellacked it barely looked wet when he got back out again :lol:

I can't get over their cavalier treatment of Josie. I think that if she hadn't had that febrile seizure earlier this year, they may not have gotten her treated at all. Having to go back on oxygen after being off it for months was bad enough.

I know we've had multiple conversations about it, but I think Josie's delays are more apparent as we see her on camera more. She was about 20 months old when the episodes were recorded, but her speech seems to be hitting around the 9-12 month mark. At her adjusted age, she should really be trying to string words together instead of just repeating "bye-bye" and clapping her hands. She could very well catch up and be perfectly on track over the next couple of years, but she deserves better care than what she can hope for from JB&M.

I think that JimBoob was holding her, but she still hated it. I can't imagine that holding an unhappy toddler in your arms while you're riding a camel could be safe. Of course, she didn't have to ride the camel at all. There was one family member who safe on the ground.

Camels were uncomfortable to ride for me, and I'm a perfectly healthy adult. Did the youngest children ride camels too? It had to be scary for at least one of them, being that high off the ground near camels that bite and/or kick while you ride them (in my experience). One of them must have not wanted to do it, but of course for the duggars all billion kids and counting have to do something for it to count. it's a very bumpy ride on a camel, so I can't imagine any toddler, especially one as fragile as Josie, really enjoying it.

Why can Jim Boob not understand how to convert money? Both me and my husband were :shock: watching him try to explain it to the kids when he didn't have a grasp on it himself.

I didn't get the crocs thing either. It sure isn't what I would buy if I were in Jerusalem. My uncles worked for a number of years at the American Embassy in Cairo. My mom visited them several times and she never brought back anything as pedestrian as a pair of crocs. As I type, I can see a copper pot she bought in Cairo sitting on the hearth near the dog beds. It's a good hopper for the dog toys.

Mullet had to make a big spiel about their modest swimsuits when they went to the Dead Sea. The girls were all in those horrid Wholesome Wear suits. A couple of the J'slaves were talking to some guy and Boob had to come over to make sure they weren't giving away pieces of their heart. It's sad that the girls can't have a nice, normal conversation with a guy.

Agree with both points here too. The (HOT) guy was just making conversation with the girls, plus two of the older boys were already right there. Boob looked like a fool in the Dead Sea fully clothed too.

Why can Jim Boob not understand how to convert money? Both me and my husband were :shock: watching him try to explain it to the kids when he didn't have a grasp on it himself.

Isn't there an Iphone ap for this??

To be perfectly fair, I think he was trying to caution them to think about the value of certain things that they might want to buy. As in, if something costs 100 shekels, how many $$ is that and is it worth the cost?

That 1:3.6 ratio was definitely throwing him for a loop though. And 100 shekels is not really worth anywhere near $20. I did like Jessa's look through the whole thing, though...it's like, dude, you must be a fucking idiot :lol:

edited for riffles

To be perfectly fair, I think he was trying to caution them to think about the value of certain things that they might want to buy. As in, if something costs 100 shekels, how many $$ is that and is it worth the cost?

That 1:3.6 ration was definitely throwing him for a loop though. And 100 shekels is not really worth anywhere near $20. I did like Jessa's look through the whole thing, though...it's like, dude, you must be a fucking idiot :lol:

It's possible that you're right and I was looking too much into it. I was folding clothes at the same time, so I might have only partially heard what was actually said and thought it was the whole conversation. But we can all agree that the man is an idiot, all shekels aside.

It's possible that you're right and I was looking too much into it. I was folding clothes at the same time, so I might have only partially heard what was actually said and thought it was the whole conversation. But we can all agree that the man is an idiot, all shekels aside.

It's always safe to assume the man is an idiot! :lol:

What bothered me was his assumption that the value of $20US would be the same as the equivalent in shekels. Sure, you always want to avoid being ripped off in a foreign marketplace, but the cost/value of an item in one country is often not going to be equal to that in another.

J'Boob shows his ignorance yet again. I forgot about the ridiculous foreign exchange moment. Had they had to deal with Euros and/or pounds in the UK already?

"So there are 3.6 shekels in a US dollar. So, um, so, you will get um, 3.6 shekels for each dollar." Thanks Captain Obvious.

How about this instead: 3.6 shekels in a US dollar, so a shekel is worth just a little bit more that a US quarter (i.e. 27 cents) so treat shekels like quarters. m'kay?

Exchange like this isn't difficult. It's basic arithmetic.

Favourite moment? The camel guy walking away before Jim Boob could finish reeling off all of the J names. He couldn't have cared less about how many blessings there were.

So I only saw part of this on Sunday and now I see that it's not listed to be repeated anywhere anytime. What gives? No more Duggars? Ever?

Favourite moment? The camel guy walking away before Jim Boob could finish reeling off all of the J names. He couldn't have cared less about how many blessings there were.

Loved that moment.

So I only saw part of this on Sunday and now I see that it's not listed to be repeated anywhere anytime. What gives? No more Duggars? Ever?

One can only hope...

If someone could screencap the guy walking away, I'd use that as my computer wallpaper in a heartbeat. Especially with an appropriate LOL caption. :D

Wow, JimBlob was doing some major cock blocking in this ep. His ADULT daughters can't even have a conversation with a member of the opposite sex without him butting in? Yeah, he's going to marry them off real soon. :roll:

If someone could screencap the guy walking away, I'd use that as my computer wallpaper in a heartbeat. Especially with an appropriate LOL caption. :D

Someone might have better quality.

JJJJJ.jpg

If you can make that caption include the word cameltoe, I will LUV U 4 EVER!!!111!!!11!!

If you can make that caption include the word cameltoe, I will LUV U 4 EVER!!!111!!!11!!

JJJJJcap.jpg

Want something better, you'll have to wait till inspiration hits.

It sounds glorious. In the Irish/Scottish part he went up to the street performer and announced how many kids he had. "Sure, you just swallowed a sword, but the REAL freaks and marvels are in front of you! Pay attention to US!"

I heard he gave the kids a talk on how their treatment on holiday is not normal, and it doens't mean they're more special than others, which is a great speech to give to kids who are taken across the world on TV... but I don't think the Duggars' actions usually act out that humbleness. In their talking heads, you can often tell that because people are CURIOUS about their opinions, they think that their opinions are more WORTHY than others'.

Although there were many disgusting moments on the Israel special, I still can't believe Grandma Duggar scooped up Dead Sea mud to try and take home in water bottles. Blech.

Archived