IGNORED

Duggar World Tour

Kitten

OK, the flowered headbands not allowed but that turquoise hat is> :?: I don't get it.

The flowered headband would be considered a fascinator, I suppose, but it's not a substantial fascinator or a hat which is what the dress code requires. The turquoise hat is, of course, an actual hat and I think it's very pretty. An unacceptable fascinator is in the photo to the right of the baby headband one.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The flowered headband would be considered a fascinator, I suppose, but it's not a substantial fascinator or a hat which is what the dress code requires. The turquoise hat is, of course, an actual hat and I think it's very pretty. An unacceptable fascinator is in the photo to the right of the baby headband one.

The pink flower? I don't see that much difference between the headband, pink flower, and turquoise hat, other than the turquoise one is definitely a hat.

I suppose the toilet seat hat Beatrice or his sister wore to the wedding is acceptable too, and that was downright ugly.

The pink flower? I don't see that much difference between the headband, pink flower, and turquoise hat, other than the turquoise one is definitely a hat.

I suppose the toilet seat hat Beatrice or his sister wore to the wedding is acceptable too, and that was downright ugly.

I thought the issue with the baby wearing the flowered headband was the baby. Children under the age of ten are not allowed.

If you look at the photos of the fascinators on the wikipedia page, you can see how the substantial fascinators differ from a flower headband or a simple silk flower pinned in the hair. Much more goes into creating these headpieces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascinator

You're right, Chunky Barbie -the issue with the baby is that it's a kid under 10. It just struck me as funny because of how we snark so much on the little girls having to wear those damn bows.

I finally caught the Israel episode after the second runs of Sister Wives and All American Muslim tonight. I have just a couple of quick observations.

About the only person seen who you knew was Jewish was the pediatrician. The Duggars seemed to mostly interact with Christian tour guides. There was one woman from California wearing a headscarf they met in the market and I assume that she was Muslim. There were also no visits to anything related to Jewish history on the show.

When Mullet was talking about having to stay behind in Jerusalem due to Josie's illness, she said something like "Myself, Josie, and Jill are staying behind". Apparently she never learned that she should put herself last in that list. It should be "Josie, Jill and I are staying behind." What bugged me far more, though, is that Josie's putative mother didn't bother to learn anything about health care in Israel before she took a fragile toddler there. It's not that Israeli health care is bad; it's just that she didn't know what to expect.

They took Josie riding on the camel even though she obviously didn't like it. Poor kid was bawling while aboard the camel.

The Jordan water was so dirty! There's no way I would have gone into that water.... not that I would want to be baptized anyway.

Does anyone know what palace they were at when Jim Bob was taunting the guard on the horse? Maybe St. James? He made some remark about the prince, so possibly they were near Clarence House? I could not really tell from watching the show.

He told some of the kids that this was "the original palace", which seemed like a very odd comment. It made me wonder if he thinks that the UK has had only Buckingham Palace and one other palace.

They put Josie on a camel!!!!!!!!! Dear god.

That is all.

I think that JimBoob was holding her, but she still hated it. I can't imagine that holding an unhappy toddler in your arms while you're riding a camel could be safe. Of course, she didn't have to ride the camel at all. There was one family member who safe on the ground.

I think that JimBoob was holding her, but she still hated it. I can't imagine that holding an unhappy toddler in your arms while you're riding a camel could be safe. Of course, she didn't have to ride the camel at all. There was one family member who safe on the ground.

Exactly. Can't risk the lovely Michelle and her unborn spawn, but Josie is totally expendable now.

Also, I recently saw another reality show cast riding camels and one of the camels got spooked and almost bucked the rider off. Can't remember who they were - maybe real housewives of somewhereoranother?

The spooked camels incident happened on The Real Housewives of New York when the women traveled to Morocco. IIRC, it was Countess Luann that was almost thrown.

I got the impression that Jill was more Josie's mom than the uterus.Jill was the one that Josie turned to for comfort.

Does anyone know what palace they were at when Jim Bob was taunting the guard on the horse? Maybe St. James? He made some remark about the prince, so possibly they were near Clarence House? I could not really tell from watching the show.

He told some of the kids that this was "the original palace", which seemed like a very odd comment. It made me wonder if he thinks that the UK has had only Buckingham Palace and one other palace.

Particularly since Buckingham Palace has only really been in use as such since the 19th century: and yet palaces existed before then! Charles I was executed at Whitehall Palace, for a start.

The rats in the water were NASTY!!

Did anybody else catch at the end, the Pedi flew back with them to Newark. I'll bet TLC paid a pretty penny for that!! Also, they seemed to by flying Business or First class. *LOL* The Goodwill shopper has ssuurrreee moved UP in the world!!

The spooked camels incident happened on The Real Housewives of New York when the women traveled to Morocco. IIRC, it was Countess Luann that was almost thrown.

Yep. Should we be embarrassed that we know these things? :?

After seeing those river rats, I would have jumped the rail and gotten the hell out of the Jordan. And being dunked in it? No thanks. :shock:

The camel rides made me nervous. They were near the edge of a pretty steep drop-off with infants and toddlers on those camels. They may be used to it and well-trained but they are still animals and as such are unpredictable. I am not a fan of anyone under at least 5 getting on the backs of large animals (even with an adult), especially kids in a family like this that seems to have no regard for safety.

Jim-Bob was once again playing the obnoxious American trying to wheel and deal for a pair of crocs for Michelle (you go to Israel and the best thing you can find to buy is crocs? seriously?).

Did Michelle even hug her kids goodbye when she had to stay behind? Didn't look like it.

I was embarrassed on behalf of all the kids when Josh suggested singing Amazing Grace at the tomb. (Learn a new song already!)

RIVER RATS!!!!! EWWWWWW! :shock: No way would I go in that water. *shivers at the memory of seeing those ginormous rats*

I Tivo'ed it -- and praise be, the thing malfunctioned about 10 minutes in!!!

it's a sign from heaven!!!! :dance: I am to continue my non-watching forever!!!! :clap:

The rats in the water were NASTY!!

Did anybody else catch at the end, the Pedi flew back with them to Newark. I'll bet TLC paid a pretty penny for that!! Also, they seemed to by flying Business or First class. *LOL* The Goodwill shopper has ssuurrreee moved UP in the world!!

I'm sure TLC insisted on josie being there - perhaps J'chelle and JB were willing, but still, more bucks if all 19 kids are there... so they just deserved to pay that doc to fly with them.

rats in water? and they went in it? EWWWWW. it's so dangerous!!!

I loved Josh's puffery about how "this is the tomb Christ rose from", when even the tour guide said that could have been the area, but noone actually knows.

I got really pissed about the whole Josie thing, she should not have been dragged halfway across the planet when somthing like a cold/respitory infection can still take her down like that. And throughout the whole thing, of course it was all about JChelle and her pregnancy. I also noticed that during the week that they stayed behind, every time they were on camera, it was Jill holding Josie, not prescious JChelle.

Josie was not well...an understatement. She was sick enough that they had to be accompanied by the physician. She was sick enough to require oxygen. She was sick enough that they flew back first/business class....or at least the uterus and Josie did. No sign of the doc or Jill -- probably in the baggage compartment.

The uterus is mentally ill, as has already been said.

If it didn't serve alcohol then it wasn't a true pub. Trust me, NO pub in the land would not serve alcohol; that's their main purpose. Maybe they just went to a pub (that served food, obviously - many pubs don't) where the food area was set apart from the main bar area. That isn't particularly uncommon in larger pubs. What was the place they went to called? If it didn't have a name such as 'The Crown' or 'The Red Lion' then it probably wasn't a pub.

Trifle is wonderful! And there's so many different recipes, too, and arguments regarding ingredients - whether it should contain jelly (jell-o) or not, whether the trifle sponges should be spread with jam, whether it should contain sherry or not, how much fruit to put in...there's many different variations. All of them delicious in my opinion.

If you ever come to England and are prepared to fork out a bit for the experience, then you really should have afternoon tea at somewhere like Fortnum & Mason's or the Ritz. Yes, it will be a bit expensive, but trust me it's well worth it. Most of my MA group had afternoon tea at Fortnum & Mason's once (for free!) because one of my coursemates works there, and wow! It was an amazing experience. There were silver cake-stands with medium-sized pots of the shop's jam and lemon curd on them, and a silver pot of clotted cream on top of each. We shared plates of savoury things like posh cheese straws and sausage rolls, and then cake-stands of sandwiches, scones and assorted little cakes/other sweet things were brought in. I don't like the drink tea or coffee so I had hot chocolate instead, which came in a silver jug on a silver tray with a cup on two saucers and a separate plate with two posh sugar sticks on it. It was the creamiest, most intensely chocolatey hot chocolate I'm ever had my life.

I had tea at the Brown hotel. That was pretty great.

Apparently she never learned that she should put herself last in that list. It should be "Josie, Jill and I are staying behind."

LOL Like narcissistic Michelle puts herself last in anything. Reversed JOY forever!

Hyacinth Bucket would rent a hat, you know, to keep up appearances. :lol:

She would need it to visit her sister with the Mercedes and room for a pony :D

I didn't get the crocs thing either. It sure isn't what I would buy if I were in Jerusalem. My uncles worked for a number of years at the American Embassy in Cairo. My mom visited them several times and she never brought back anything as pedestrian as a pair of crocs. As I type, I can see a copper pot she bought in Cairo sitting on the hearth near the dog beds. It's a good hopper for the dog toys.

Mullet had to make a big spiel about their modest swimsuits when they went to the Dead Sea. The girls were all in those horrid Wholesome Wear suits. A couple of the J'slaves were talking to some guy and Boob had to come over to make sure they weren't giving away pieces of their heart. It's sad that the girls can't have a nice, normal conversation with a guy.

The baptism had me gagging. They're lucky they all didn't pick up something horrid. Between that and Boob biting into fruit when everyone was telling him to wash it, I can't imagine he had a fun night. I thought the rats were cute. They kind of looked like beavers with skinny tails.

If I was traveling with a toddler in Josie's situation, you better believe I would have researched medical care in every single city I was visiting before ever leaving Arkansas. Well hell, I wouldn't have taken her on such a trip in the first place, so why I am surprised Boob and Michelle weren't prepared at all?

And did anyone else notice how upset poor Jennifer was when they were leaving? She did NOT want to leave Jill.

Mullet had to make a big spiel about their modest swimsuits when they went to the Dead Sea. The girls were all in those horrid Wholesome Wear suits. A couple of the J'slaves were talking to some guy and Boob had to come over to make sure they weren't giving away pieces of their heart. It's sad that the girls can't have a nice, normal conversation with a guy.

That guy was sure defrauding me! Yowza!

Archived