IGNORED

Duggar World Tour

Kitten

Y'know, I get that not all people would be familiar with food and customs of another country. There's no shame or lack of education in that. If someone asked me about traditional foods of Brazil, for example, I'd be clueless.

BUT...if someone handed you an all-expenses paid vacation to Scotland, Ireland, and England, and you "loved" learning, what would be YOUR first reaction?

Me, I'd be reading everything I could in preparation, learning everything I could, so I could better appreciate the wonderful opportunity I had been given. I'd know about the weather, the food, the language, the history and significance of the places I was going to see, etc., etc., etc.

But then, I actually do love learning; I don't just spout that as a truism for a tv audience.

BTW, some of the popular foods of Brazil include feijoada (bean and meat stew), moqueca capixaba, (fish, tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro), pão de queijo (cheese bun) and pamonha (dessert made with corn and milk).

Now, that wasn't so hard, was it? :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On renting hats, don't some people rent them for weddings too? I went to a wedding in Ireland and you could rent women's hats at the local dress shop. Meanwhile, my husband, who was a groomsman, didn't bring any dressy shoes because he thought they would come with the rented suit (like they do in the USA) and everyone there was like, rent shoes? Ooooh, yuck.

On renting hats, don't some people rent them for weddings too? I went to a wedding in Ireland and you could rent women's hats at the local dress shop. Meanwhile, my husband, who was a groomsman, didn't bring any dressy shoes because he thought they would come with the rented suit (like they do in the USA) and everyone there was like, rent shoes? Ooooh, yuck.

You can rent shoes in the US? That's something new I've learned today.

Sure can. From the Mens Wearhouse web site:

Why should I rent formalwear shoes?

Do you really want to leave it to chance that everyone in the wedding party will have the appropriate shoes to wear with their tuxedo? Make sure your wedding photos turn out perfectly by having every man in the wedding party wear matching shoes.

Please, please, PLEASE tell me that Boob didn't do what I'm thinking he did.......

:crying-yellow: BOO HOO HOO....

:D He just squeezed the tit, with his mouth open, and the milk squirted all over his face.

:D He just squeezed the tit, with his mouth open, and the milk squirted all over his face.

It's not that kind of movie.

Usually, the only shoes that are rented are patent leather men's shoes to go with tuxedos for weddings or other similar events. Women don't typically rent shoes, nor do men for occasions when they need to wear normal dress shoes.

Sure can. From the Mens Wearhouse web site:

Why should I rent formalwear shoes?

Do you really want to leave it to chance that everyone in the wedding party will have the appropriate shoes to wear with their tuxedo? Make sure your wedding photos turn out perfectly by having every man in the wedding party wear matching shoes.

I'm not sure which is more terrifying - the idea of a groom micromanaging to the point of dictating the style of shoe, or the idea of someone not owning a pair of smart black shoes. It must be a transatlantic thing: what kind of shoes would you expect someone to wear to work?

Depends on where they work and they do, but unless they attend a lot of formal events, most men I know don't have a pair of shiny, patent leather shoes in their closet. Here are the choices, shiny black, shiny brown, white, cream or, should the wedding have a Boardwalk Empire theme, Spectator.

http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/wcs ... -1z141q6__

The last thing most grooms I've ever known cared about was whether everyone's shoes matched in the wedding photos, so I suspect the comment is directed more to the bride-to-be or her wedding planner.

Thank God! (oh, the irony of those two words....) I was extremely worried there. :oops:

Yes, my mind is usually in the gutter.

Though, CanadianHippie, you say it isn't that type of movie, but this is the man who talked about cervical softening!

Thank God! (oh, the irony of those two words....) I was extremely worried there. :oops:

Yes, my mind is usually in the gutter.

Though, CanadianHippie, you say it isn't that type of movie, but this is the man who talked about cervical softening!

Yeah, the same man who joked that the soundman could sit in the cameraman's lap in the back of the car. The soundman was the one who originally proclaimed "it's not that kind of movie". It's when Boob was getting ready to learn how to drive on the "wrong" side of the road.

I've seen my fair share of cows and that never even occurred to me to do that. I would be so damn embarrassed if Boob was related to me and I had to witness his cringe worthy antics.

Guest Anonymous

I've seen my fair share of cows and that never even occurred to me to do that. I would be so damn embarrassed if Boob was related to me and I had to witness his cringe worthy antics.

You and me both. I'd be scanning my birth certificate for loopholes.

Not everyday shoes, just when you rent a tuxedo. The shoes are usually black and not very comfortable according to my sons.

Late to the party, as usual.

Totally cute when Kynzie tried to pull the suitcase at the airport.

Totally embarassing when they all color-coordinated (beginning shot).

How many rooms did they get for everyone?? Where they being cheap again?

I would REALLY like to see more of Jordyn. For once.

OH dear god, they color coordinated AGAIN.

First it was blue and brown, then red. Do they pack this way?? I guess they have to??

Josiah looks pissed constantly.

I wish Jennifer would talk for once. Also, I really wish Josie and Michael didn't have to make this trip. Josie even more than Michael.

Ugh, JB pointing out scrubbing toilets soon. Also, "we have been to almost every major city in the US, but London is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen"... yes JB, there is a world outside the US.

Also, Jackson talking British- hilarious!

First it was blue and brown, then red. Do they pack this way?? I guess they have to??

Josiah looks pissed constantly.

I wish Jennifer would talk for once. Also, I really wish Josie and Michael didn't have to make this trip. Josie even more than Michael.

I really don't understand why Josh and Anna didn't stay at home and watch Josie while the rest of the Duggars went on this BIG trip. I just can't imagine that Anna really wanted to travel all over with a newborn. But I guess if it's your only chance to ever leave the country you're not going to volunteer to do the responsible thing.

In all fairness to them, they have a somewhat decent reason for color coordinating - it's so they can easily keep track of all the kids since they're wearing the same color shirt...lots of school groups do the same thing.

ET fix quote tags.

The wikipedia article on fascinators (one of those semi-hats that Kenley was so fond of wearing in season 5 of Project Runway) had a link the page on dress requirements for the Royal Enclosure at Ascot. There are pictures of what is acceptable and what is not. I got a kick out of one of the unacceptable pics: it's a baby with one of those damn flower headbands on. Ok, so kids under 10 aren't allowed in the Royal Enclosure, but I still think it's funny.

http://www.ascot.co.uk/?page=Royal_Encl ... alTemplate

The wikipedia article on fascinators (one of those semi-hats that Kenley was so fond of wearing in season 5 of Project Runway) had a link the page on dress requirements for the Royal Enclosure at Ascot. There are pictures of what is acceptable and what is not. I got a kick out of one of the unacceptable pics: it's a baby with one of those damn flower headbands on. Ok, so kids under 10 aren't allowed in the Royal Enclosure, but I still think it's funny.

http://www.ascot.co.uk/?page=Royal_Encl ... alTemplate

OK, the flowered headbands not allowed but that turquoise hat is> :?: I don't get it.

Archived