IGNORED

Duggar World Tour

Kitten

Although there were many disgusting moments on the Israel special, I still can't believe Grandma Duggar scooped up Dead Sea mud to try and take home in water bottles. Blech.

Ive been in the Dead Sea (from Jordan, not Isreal) - the mud makes your skin so soft, but yes that is a stupid idea. Buy some of the nice Dead Sea products that can be bought in every hotel, don't do that!

FYI the Dead Sea is awesome, so wierd to float on it. never go in if you have a cut or wound of any sort, it will hurt like hell!

I love how the camel guy walked away, did Jim Bob pay him or try and get it cheap? Im in the UK so havn't seen it - I just hope they didn't do their usual and try and pay as little as possible to locals who earn teir living off tourists

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't their someone on this board claiming that she had friends in Israel who heard JimBob admit to having Jewish ancestors and saw him putting on tefillin?

Although there were many disgusting moments on the Israel special, I still can't believe Grandma Duggar scooped up Dead Sea mud to try and take home in water bottles. Blech.

I can't believe it made it through customs.

Hi all - I'm new here though have been lurking a while. Happy to snark with all of you!

Just watched this (it's on YT now) - love this thread. My favorite moment though was the "Josh in the shower line" shot - did anyone catch that? As Michelle is busy explaining about their modesty customs, we see a shot of Josh in line behind like 7 or 8 women in bikinis at the beach shower. LOVE IT. The camel guide walking away while JimBob was doing his name thing was amazing too, though.

Also - I understand Hebrew - the camel's name was "Lila" (pronounced LIE-lah) which means night. This is what the camel guide was trying to impart, as Cousin Amy was busy saying Layla (like in the song).

Any ideas what Michelle, Jill and Josie did for almost a week there? Hmmm.

Thanks again for this forum which always puts a smile on my face! :)

Yeah that will get through Isreali airport security with no problems *rolls eyes"

Just watched these on youtube..

Wow, the amount that Jill is the real mama to Josie really came through when the three of them stayed behind ! If you didn't know better you would think Michelle was the Grandma along to give her daughter and grandbaby moral support at the Dr.'s office.

I thought it was really funny when they were at the market place and JB was haggling over the price of the shoes .. you could tell Michelle was ready to pop him one to get him to shut up and just pay for the damn shoes. Gotta love the pregnancy hormones, the smiley /sweet mask really comes down !

That guy was sure defrauding me! Yowza!

:clap: me, too!

yeah, poor girls. how embarrassing. and during the mud bath bit, one of the older girls had this look on her face like, "oh, no, are those guys watching? embarrassing." (or "we're defrauding them" instead of "embarrassing". lol)

I just finished watching that episode on youtube.

It'd be too long to list the many things that annoyed me, but what was the most bizarre wasn't that JB swam to introduce himself as "I'M Daddy" to the flirty guy in the Dead Sea...No, I found it much more stranger that two of the howlers put themselves in between Jessa, Jill and the guy, like a "human fence" of sorts (a few seconds before JB arrives), with JD nonchalentely looking at the guy while in the back ("don't speak to my sis"). I rewinded it a few times.

As if a 25 year-old Isreali man who most likely did 3 yrs in the Tsahal (the Israeli army) would be terrified of two boys aged 11 and 8, plus the 21 year-old "slow looking" redneck big brother in the back :roll: :lol: !

Why can't JB let his daughters have a normal convo with a guy while they're traveling?? Strange.

Oh, and did anyone notice that Jessa and Jinger don't seem to hang out as much together as before (Jill is most often with Jinger or Jessa in the interviews) ?? I hope that it's the not JB and M that decided to separate them. "Rebellious spirit à deux", you know! Annoying and very paranoid.

When I watched it I kind of got the idea that all of the kids were there when the guy started talking to them... and probably TLC focused on the conversation with the girls because it was more interesting. And then of course JB came up and made it more dramatic.

I don't watch the show that frequently .. but I thought they always paired Jinger and Jessa in the talking head portions ? It did seem odd that it was Jessa and Jill instead, especially since Jill had a different experience than the rest because she was taking care of Josie.

• 4 months later...

To clear up some things concerning the pub. I used to live down the road from this pub and have had a few (or sometimes more ;-) ) drinks and food there. It's called The Wheatsheaf (http://wheatsheaflowerwoodford.co.uk/)

It does sell alcohol and has a printed menu including a special's board that changes regularly. The layout of the pub would allow for them to sit out of sight of the bar. They were filmed walking through the main entrance which opens up to the main bar area. They would have seen people drinking alcohol unless they opened up early or especially for them. Which would make sense because at a typical English pub you order your drinks and food at the bar and pay directly for it. You then carry your own drinks to the table. Food will be brought to the table when it's ready. In the episode they were brought pitchers of squash and got the menue explained at the table.

As Stonehenge is close by the whole area is quite touristy so 'traditional pub food' can be found at most places and the pub is used to tourists from all over the world. In summer it has quite a nice beer garden, too.

• 4 weeks later...

The World Tours are airing again this week just an FYI.

That reminded me I have to watch the 2 I taped. So right now I am watching the Duggars pack for the trip- I can't believe I watched Jim Bob buy new underwear!

The World Tours are airing again this week just an FYI.

That reminded me I have to watch the 2 I taped. So right now I am watching the Duggars pack for the trip- I can't believe I watched Jim Bob buy new underwear!

I'll have to catch them. It makes me LOL that JB was evangelizing to a Scot. He's lucky he didn't get a Glasgow Kiss!

I'll have to catch them. It makes me LOL that JB was evangelizing to a Scot. He's lucky he didn't get a Glasgow Kiss!

Now that would have been worth watching!

Just a note re tea at The Ritz; I went last year and it was just the most perfect afternoon tea that anyone could wish for. Not that expensive either when you consider the food is second to none and the service is fit for a queen. You do have to book several weeks in advance though as they get booked up really quickly.

I also had lunch on the Orient Express in 2010, words alone cannot describe how fabulous that was :clap:

Archived