IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 9: What about that Pregnancy Shoot?

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

I think I remember that after Erin married and moved out, Carlin taught the youngest kids to play piano. But that could be a completely false memory. 

Carlin did teach them piano... as well as getting paid to homeschool them. 

• Upvote 3

It’s great that the children can pursue activities outside their family. Now let’s hope they actually are into it. I find it a bit suspicious that all the girls do the same stuff, Stranger things have happen I guess. 

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

It’s great that the children can pursue activities outside their family. Now let’s hope they actually are into it. I find it a bit suspicious that all the girls do the same stuff, Stranger things have happen I guess. 

It’s probably because they are still young and they can’t take them all to different activities. That’s a big problem with large families. It’s impossible got all of them to pursue different activities. So they have to like the same ones or nothing at all. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

On 1/10/2024 at 10:48 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s probably because they are still young and they can’t take them all to different activities. That’s a big problem with large families. It’s impossible got all of them to pursue different activities. So they have to like the same ones or nothing at all. 

I have a feeling in a year or so we'll hear that Kaci and Khloe didn't like soccer any longer and will be concentrating on school. Tumbling, like the previous dog, will never be mentioned again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

Zach got his real estate license and is also going to start a YouTube cooking show. They hired a manager at BSB and he doesn’t have enough work to keep busy there.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

going to start a YouTube cooking show

It's about time.  The masses have been clamoring for this for years.

• Haha 27
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Zach got his real estate license and is also going to start a YouTube cooking show. They hired a manager at BSB and he doesn’t have enough work to keep busy there.

So they have enough money/work for a manager but not for Zach? I don't get it. Why not keep Zach and he can still do his other stuff on the side. Zach can not manage?

Bloody stretch on the cooking, I mean they barely push that. Its more Kelton's groove. 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

So they have enough money/work for a manager but not for Zach? I don't get it. Why not keep Zach and he can still do his other stuff on the side. Zach can not manage?

Bloody stretch on the cooking, I mean they barely push that. Its more Kelton's groove. 

My guess is that they hired someone to work a 40 hour week at their warehouse/office, something that Zach/Whitney and Carlin/Evan don’t want to commit to. It appears that Zach does like to cook, but I don’t think he’ll make many videos before he gets tired of it. He might do well selling real estate. I wonder if things are done differently in the churchy South, but up in the Midwest, Sunday is open house day for real estate. I wonder if Zach will b able to get out of working on Sundays. I think that schedule flexibility is key to Zach and Whitney, but Zach will have to put in some hours to make the sales. It’s interesting that they no longer pretend that Zach is helping Gil with the tree business which doesn’t seem like anyone is working at anymore.

• Upvote 12

And I’ll talk about this here because today Whitney used the latest social media phrase that sets me on edge: “core memories.” It was bad enough that influencers were all about making memories, now it’s extra special core memories.

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5

46 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

And I’ll talk about this here because today Whitney used the latest social media phrase that sets me on edge: “core memories.” It was bad enough that influencers were all about making memories, now it’s extra special core memories.

Oh my fucking god. 🤮

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Does Zach cook? What does he cook, anyone know? Does it look good?

• Upvote 4

Zach has been cooking for several years. His stuff looks tasty, but not anything YouTube worthy. 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, JDuggs said:

That phrase drives me up a wall. People act like it's some sort of established neuroscience but it's literally from the (delightful and heartfelt) movie "Inside Out." You have no control over what memories your kids carry with them or what they get out an experience. What it often translates to on Instagram is "I worked so hard to pull this off and make it perfect--how could it NOT make a huge impression on you, my darling for whom I HAPPILY exhausted myself?!?"

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

Does Zach cook? What does he cook, anyone know? Does it look good?

Cooks fine, but I doubt he knows enough recipes to keep an interesting channel, plus there are thousands of cooking channels. He will post 4 or 5 videos and become tired of it.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

10 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Cooks fine, but I doubt he knows enough recipes to keep an interesting channel, plus there are thousands of cooking channels. He will post 4 or 5 videos and become tired of it.

Exactly. And he lacks the education/training/intellectual curiosity to explain the science behind WHY you should add the ingredients in X order, how a rainy day affects the recipe, etc. Or to tell us anything having to do with history or geography of dishes or ingredients.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Does Jinger Duggar still have a cooking channel?  I watched it once when someone here posted a link to her cooking tatter tot casserole.  I was not impressed. 😅

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Does Jinger Duggar still have a cooking channel?  I watched it once when someone here posted a link to her cooking tatter tot casserole.  I was not impressed. 😅

Lmfao. Cooking well, at least in my opinion, requires a certain amount of curiosity and willingness to experiment. Not really Bates or Duggar traits.

/skips off to make strawberry-serrano salsa

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Kiki03910 said:

Lmfao. Cooking well, at least in my opinion, requires a certain amount of curiosity and willingness to experiment. Not really Bates or Duggar traits.

/skips off to make strawberry-serrano salsa

Sounds 😋 yummy!!!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Sounds 😋 yummy!!!

Strawberries, serrano peppers, cilantro, and green onions! Super easy.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 1/15/2024 at 11:20 PM, JDuggs said:

My guess is that they hired someone to work a 40 hour week at their warehouse/office, something that Zach/Whitney and Carlin/Evan don’t want to commit to. It appears that Zach does like to cook, but I don’t think he’ll make many videos before he gets tired of it. He might do well selling real estate. I wonder if things are done differently in the churchy South, but up in the Midwest, Sunday is open house day for real estate. I wonder if Zach will b able to get out of working on Sundays. I think that schedule flexibility is key to Zach and Whitney, but Zach will have to put in some hours to make the sales. It’s interesting that they no longer pretend that Zach is helping Gil with the tree business which doesn’t seem like anyone is working at anymore.

I believe the woman they hired had a ton of retail experience. She worked at Buckle in Nashville. When they hired her, I assumed they were considering adding a full time store to their online boutique. I think it was a good business decision to bring in someone with retail management experience. 

• Upvote 7

@Kiki03910 You had me until cilantro.  I am part of the population that tastes soap when they eat it.  I made a red plum serrano salasa topping for chicken once and it was delightful.  Also had white onion and red bell pepper in it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

On 1/16/2024 at 12:04 PM, EmiSue said:

That phrase drives me up a wall. People act like it's some sort of established neuroscience but it's literally from the (delightful and heartfelt) movie "Inside Out." You have no control over what memories your kids carry with them or what they get out an experience. What it often translates to on Instagram is "I worked so hard to pull this off and make it perfect--how could it NOT make a huge impression on you, my darling for whom I HAPPILY exhausted myself?!?"

Even I knew “core memory” was from Inside Out and I’ve never seen it! I also find it odd when people go “core memory unlocked” or whatever. There’s loads of weird pop psychology type stuff that doesn’t really make any sense to me.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Zack posted a reel of him baking bread. Given this crowd's obsession with gender roles, its going to be pretty funny if he evolves into being a stay-at-home dad, doing most of the cooking & shuttling the kids to their various sports.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 1/21/2024 at 5:22 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

@Kiki03910 You had me until cilantro.  I am part of the population that tastes soap when they eat it.  I made a red plum serrano salasa topping for chicken once and it was delightful.  Also had white onion and red bell pepper in it.

I am a very strange unicorn who can taste the soapiness in cilantro but I like it anyway! You could swap it out for basil or parsley; I do that sometimes if there's no cilantro in the fridge. Any homemade salsa is good salsa!

Edited by Kiki03910
  • Upvote 5

Zach was cooking before Kelton was. Not sure how long before, but Zach was definitely cooking 1st.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Zach was cooking before Kelton was. Not sure how long before, but Zach was definitely cooking 1st.

Zach has been cooking , since he married. He started  doing casseroles, chicken.... I'm sure he felt great giving his children a full plate of real food, and not he misery Kelly and Gil served.

• Upvote 8