IGNORED

Zach & Whitney 9: What about that Pregnancy Shoot?

Coconut Flan

Ladies! Pretending to drink champagne in a photo shoot makes Jesus and Bill Gothard cry!

image.png.63594e65f56f693cf83d0168c838472e.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 14

14 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I’m no fashionista, but those dresses are really unflattering on both of them.

The elastic waistbands look especially cheap.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

I’m fat so I do wear dresses with a stretchy waistband. But I wouldn’t wear those. I just think they are not very cute. I guess I’m not a sequin person. I just bought this dress off Amazon with an elastic waist and it was cheap. But I like it way better than those dresses. 

DCBA363D-99DE-4431-B25F-6EDA616A888A.jpeg

• Upvote 16

15 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Zach has been cooking , since he married. He started  doing casseroles, chicken.... I'm sure he felt great giving his children a full plate of real food, and not he misery Kelly and Gil served.

At least till Alyssa and Michael were old enough that they were pretty much cooking all the meals and may have had better qaulity of food to work with because more money was coming in. I have heard the siblings talk about how Michael and Alyssa were great cooks. I don't think I have ever heard them say that about Kelly.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m fat so I do wear dresses with a stretchy waistband. But I wouldn’t wear those. I just think they are not very cute. I guess I’m not a sequin person. I just bought this dress off Amazon with an elastic waist and it was cheap. But I like it way better than those dresses. 

DCBA363D-99DE-4431-B25F-6EDA616A888A.jpeg

Super cute dress, and I love the color!

As for Whitney and Carlin, it takes a special level of heinousness to make them look bad, and yet they managed to find it.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

The elastic waistbands look especially cheap.

I've seen better made inexpensive doll clothing.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

In real life, do they even wear the clothes they sell?  For some reason I recall Whitney clothes shopping at Belk, or at the very least wearing items from Belk in pictures. 

• Upvote 7

Are those dresses supposed to be for Valentine's day? I guess when I see sequins and the flutes I'm like shouldn't this be for New Years? (obvi not saying you can't wear them for Vday but just was like oh?)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Looks like Valentine's Day to me. I think that is what Carlin said in last week's video that they were gearing up for the V Day drop. I think sequins are super popular right now.... but I don't like those particular dresses. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

If they refer to Valentine's Day as VD, I will happily chortle into my gin martini.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 16

8 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

At least till Alyssa and Michael were old enough that they were pretty much cooking all the meals and may have had better qaulity of food to work with because more money was coming in. I have heard the siblings talk about how Michael and Alyssa were great cooks. I don't think I have ever heard them say that about Kelly.

I followed them back on the day and Michael was in charge of the younger kids, but the cook was basically Alyssa. The food was very very poor. TV money started flowing when the older children were about to marry. No good, healthy meals on their entire childhood and teen years. I'm sure the younger kids are eating more and better ( I doubt they are eating healthy, though).

I don't recall siblings saying Alyssa was a great cook. They may have said it, but she was not. Poor girl had a ton of work and did her best, but recipes were awful (Kelly teached her). It is possible she improved at age 16-17, but they were still poor then, so no good quality food at all.

When I think about her cooking for a dozen people at age 10, every day.... while her sister looked after siblings, while other sisters cleaned, and mother did what? And young teenagers worked cutting trees instead of being at school... And all that children had white bread with ketchup and cheese for diner. 

5 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

In real life, do they even wear the clothes they sell?  For some reason I recall Whitney clothes shopping at Belk, or at the very least wearing items from Belk in pictures. 

No they don't. Maybe have done it once in a while, but very rarely. Which shows how much they looove their products.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I followed them back on the day and Michael was in charge of the younger kids, but the cook was basically Alyssa. The food was very very poor. TV money started flowing when the older children were about to marry. No good, healthy meals on their entire childhood and teen years. I'm sure the younger kids are eating more and better ( I doubt they are eating healthy, though).

I don't recall siblings saying Alyssa was a great cook. They may have said it, but she was not. Poor girl had a ton of work and did her best, but recipes were awful (Kelly teached her). It is possible she improved at age 16-17, but they were still poor then, so no good quality food at all.

When I think about her cooking for a dozen people at age 10, every day.... while her sister looked after siblings, while other sisters cleaned, and mother did what? And young teenagers worked cutting trees instead of being at school... And all that children had white bread with ketchup and cheese for diner. 

No they don't. Maybe have done it once in a while, but very rarely. Which shows how much they looove their products.

This all makes me so fucking sad. I've read a lot about food and recipes and food prep (as a vegetarian and a humanitarian and just someone who wants kids fed and no one to fucking EVER go hungry). It's not super hard nor super pricey to make heathy meals. Beans, greens, etc. But the education isn't out there. Anyone who wants healthy, low cost, easy recipes, I am happy to help. Hit me up! Hugs, you guys!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

I seem to remember a few years back Carlin would wear items from BSB, mainly tops and sweaters iirc and some dresses too, I think not so much anymore.  I don't think Whitney did though, the stuff isn't her style imo.  I think perhaps Michael and Kelly probably wear the dresses, and I've seen Katie wear the tops/sweaters, and Addee and Ellie wear some of the stuff.  I stopped looking at all Bates' social media, so maybe this is no longer the case.

I agree that shilling stuff one doesn't or wouldn't actually wear or use no es bueno.🙄😑

• Upvote 8

On 1/27/2024 at 10:52 AM, 0 kids n not countin said:

I seem to remember a few years back Carlin would wear items from BSB, mainly tops and sweaters iirc and some dresses too, I think not so much anymore.  I don't think Whitney did though, the stuff isn't her style imo.  I think perhaps Michael and Kelly probably wear the dresses, and I've seen Katie wear the tops/sweaters, and Addee and Ellie wear some of the stuff.  I stopped looking at all Bates' social media, so maybe this is no longer the case.

I agree that shilling stuff one doesn't or wouldn't actually wear or use no es bueno.🙄😑

You can watch the Stewarts video from this weekend where she is taking home things from the boutique to wear. Maybe she read your comment!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/27/2024 at 12:16 PM, Kiki03910 said:

Anyone who wants healthy, low cost, easy recipes, I am happy to help. Hit me up! Hugs, you guys!

Have you seen the “Feed your blessings instead of your ego” thread? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

I appreciate that Zach likes to cook and isn't hiding behind the "gender roles" that Kelly Jo Bates and Michelle Duggar seem to think are science-based and not taught. The bar is pretty low in the family though. Michaela fed the Bates and Duggars what they called quesadillas. They were tortillas with refried beans. Kelly apparently only made fried chicken and tv dinners because she was only seen teaching the girls about fried chicken on a few occasions. 

I'm not sure I want lessons from Zach on cooking. Good for him, but I would prefer someone a little more skilled and educated to teach me than a reality show personality who is on his fourth or fifth career? 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 1:21 PM, HereticHick said:

Ladies! Pretending to drink champagne in a photo shoot makes Jesus and Bill Gothard cry!

image.png.63594e65f56f693cf83d0168c838472e.png

Not only is this not good fashion sense, it is also not good business sense. There’s a reason clothing is styled for photographs, whether for editorial shots or adds. The point is to transform the item to make it more unique. 

These dresses need waist belts, sashes, bold tights, big drapey necklaces, updos with earrings, lipstick, a denim or bomber jacket or cardigan or shrug. It’s not that hard people!

I currently wear leggings and sweatshirts daily bc idgaf, but I had a brief stint working in fashion magazines. It’s amazing what professional stylists can do. But at least put some effort into being amateur stylists if you’re going to try to sell boxy, cheaply made dresses as your profession. And maybe try to sell clothes that don’t completely suck? This looks like children playing dress up. 

Also, I kind of love that at first glance, the way they’re posed in this Vday photo makes them look like they’re potentially a couple. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Johannah said:

Not only is this not good fashion sense, it is also not good business sense. There’s a reason clothing is styled for photographs, whether for editorial shots or adds. The point is to transform the item to make it more unique. 

These dresses need waist belts, sashes, bold tights, big drapey necklaces, updos with earrings, lipstick, a denim or bomber jacket or cardigan or shrug. It’s not that hard people!

I currently wear leggings and sweatshirts daily bc idgaf, but I had a brief stint working in fashion magazines. It’s amazing what professional stylists can do. But at least put some effort into being amateur stylists if you’re going to try to sell boxy, cheaply made dresses as your profession. And maybe try to sell clothes that don’t completely suck? This looks like children playing dress up. 

Also, I kind of love that at first glance, the way they’re posed in this Vday photo makes them look like they’re potentially a couple. 

This boutique exists for them to play dress up and take pictures. They sell products based on name recognition. I'm not saying they don't work hard, but they used to model their dresses on white backdrops with almost all their sisters and a handful of friends, all with different coloring and body shapes. Now the effort is the two of them having fun with ever more elaborate photo shoots as often as possible.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, EmiSue said:

This boutique exists for them to play dress up and take pictures. They sell products based on name recognition. I'm not saying they don't work hard, but they used to model their dresses on white backdrops with almost all their sisters and a handful of friends, all with different coloring and body shapes. Now the effort is the two of them having fun with ever more elaborate photo shoots as often as possible.

And Carlin doing her flamingo leg stand and hair flip. 

• Upvote 3

On 1/29/2024 at 9:03 AM, nolongerIFBx said:

You can watch the Stewarts video from this weekend where she is taking home things from the boutique to wear. Maybe she read your comment!

Every time Carlin and Evan put in an appearance at the boutique, Carlin always “goes shopping” and leaves with a big bag of clothes. She seems to view the boutique as her personal free clothing store and a place to play dress up for photo shoots. She rarely seems to wear any of the clothes away from the boutique. At home, it seems like she and the kids wear mostly pajamas. 

• Upvote 5

Activities update........ Bradley has two more weeks of basketball. Then he and Kaci start spring soccer. They asked Khloe if she wanted to play soccer, but she said no. She just wants to just do the tumbling. Whitney says Khloe really loves tumbling. Kaci like it too, but she is really excited about soccer starting again.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Imagine that? Letting children decide which activities they like.

• Upvote 11

• 4 weeks later...

Z launched his YouTube cooking channel on IG today. Bates Kitchen. First episode comes out this weekend. Looks like chicken Alfredo. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, gobucks said:

Z launched his YouTube cooking channel on IG today. Bates Kitchen. First episode comes out this weekend. Looks like chicken Alfredo. 

Fundie Brooklyn Beckham.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2