IGNORED

Erin and Chad 11: How Does Anyone Sleep?

Coconut Flan

I really think these gender stereotypes are interesting.

We assume a man wouldn't like a pink bedroom.

We assume a man wouldn't care how the bedroom is decorated.

I know, from personal experience, that this is not true. My husband cared a lot about how our bedroom looked, and functioned. He enjoys decorating. 

Remember, there are all different types of people out there. 

• Upvote 3

In support of the unacknowledged feud between Erin and Bates Sisters Boutique, she is promoting another modest boutique on instagram.  Siblings are your built in best friends, guys.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

In support of the unacknowledged feud between Erin and Bates Sisters Boutique, she is promoting another modest boutique on instagram.  Siblings are your built in best friends, guys.

Erin is a member of the Tori/Michael clique. She doesn't need Carlin or Whitney.

• Upvote 4

Randomly posting this here, because the one thing I give Erin credit for is learning to cook. Tonight I made (for the first time) homemade Irish soda bread and a side of apple butter. Yum!

https://www.recipetineats.com/no-yeast-bread-irish-soda-bread/

https://www.destinationdelish.com/quick-easy-apple-butter/

I may have added a dash of brandy to the apple butter with my usual slutty, drunken insouciance. And I will toss some serrano peppers and cheese into the bread next time!

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

On 12/10/2023 at 10:09 PM, marmalade said:

Erin is a member of the Tori/Michael clique. She doesn't need Carlin or Whitney.

I bet she's be surprised to hear that!

• Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

Erin posted that she and Chad went to Nashville for a Collingsworth concert. Based on her tags, Lawson/Tiffany, Tori/Bobby, Nathan/Esther and her parents were there too. Good way to only see who she wants to see, although I’m guessing Michael would have like to see her too.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.800a64860f112a0db05ad3e749bb016e.png

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Erin posted that she and Chad went to Nashville for a Collingsworth concert. Based on her tags, Lawson/Tiffany, Tori/Bobby, Nathan/Esther and her parents were there too. Good way to only see who she wants to see, although I’m guessing Michael would have like to see her too.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.800a64860f112a0db05ad3e749bb016e.png

I wonder what Erin will do if Tiff and Lawson eventually divorce. Erin comes off quite judgy so I wonder if that would hurt their seemingly close relationship. 

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder what Erin will do if Tiff and Lawson eventually divorce. Erin comes off quite judgy so I wonder if that would hurt their seemingly close relationship. 

There are a number of families on FJ that I'm curious to see how they handle their first divorces. Bates, and Rods are the ones I'm most curious about. At this point a number of the Duggars are private enough that I think a divorce could fly under the radar for a while. With the number of children each of these families has each of them is bound to have at least a few. 

• Upvote 8

Since it looks like the rest of the kids aren't in Nashville with Chad & Erin, Michael is probably watching them in FL. I think Chad  & Erin just brought the baby. 

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 8

On 1/27/2024 at 1:25 PM, Giraffe said:

There are a number of families on FJ that I'm curious to see how they handle their first divorces. Bates, and Rods are the ones I'm most curious about. At this point a number of the Duggars are private enough that I think a divorce could fly under the radar for a while. With the number of children each of these families has each of them is bound to have at least a few. 

Plus the Duggars are no longer on that shiny, white, pure as the driven snow, fundie pedestal. A divorce would be nothing as compared to a pedophile son in jail and a daughter dishing the dirt on the family and cult.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did Erin say what happened to her arm? It’s in a sling.

She said she broke it but not how. I’m super curious but not sure why it’s a secret. Maybe sex games gone wrong??  😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Tdoc72 said:

She said she broke it but not how. I’m super curious but not sure why it’s a secret. Maybe sex games gone wrong??  😂

My bet is that she tripped and fell on one of her ugly beige pieces of furniture. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Plus the Duggars are no longer on that shiny, white, pure as the driven snow, fundie pedestal. A divorce would be nothing as compared to a pedophile son in jail and a daughter dishing the dirt on the family and cult.

Exactly.  Imo when it finally happens I think it will be treated as a non-issue. The only exception I could see are the ones who still have a public persona. But even in that case I doubt there'd be much more than "we're sad, please respect our the couple's privacy during this difficult time" from JB & M. 

• Upvote 7

I imagine that the Bates family will deal with a divorce the same way they have responded to the many ways their children have diverged from the beliefs that made them famous (e.g., skirts only, no kissing before marriage, modest bathing suits, overall modest attire, no preventing preventing pregnancy, etc.) which is … radio silence. 

• Upvote 12

8 hours ago, Seeking said:

I imagine that the Bates family will deal with a divorce the same way they have responded to the many ways their children have diverged from the beliefs that made them famous (e.g., skirts only, no kissing before marriage, modest bathing suits, overall modest attire, no preventing preventing pregnancy, etc.) which is … radio silence. 

That’s their MO. Pretend it didn’t happen. But that’s actually pretty common amongst fundies. The Pearls never seem to say anything about their 2 children who are divorced.

• Upvote 7

Chad and Aaron posted a video today. Exceedingly briefly, Aaron fell while watering a plants the top of a high shelf. And it sounds like she didn’t break her arm technically. She tore a muscle in her upper arm and bruised the bone in her forearm, she will not be allowed to play the piano for something like three months And Kelly, Joe and Callie were down for a delayed Christmas celebration but also helping out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Callie’s arm was also in a cast after a snowboarding mishap in Colorado. I wonder how helpful she could be.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, JDuggs said:

Callie’s arm was also in a cast after a snowboarding mishap in Colorado. I wonder how helpful she could be.

More help than her useless mother. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Chad and Aaron posted a video today. Exceedingly briefly, Aaron fell while watering a plants the top of a high shelf. And it sounds like she didn’t break her arm technically. She tore a muscle in her upper arm and bruised the bone in her forearm, she will not be allowed to play the piano for something like three months And Kelly, Joe and Callie were down for a delayed Christmas celebration but also helping out. 

Why are you spelling her name that way?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I don't know about the poster but when I use the microphone function to post from my phone rather than type, Erin becomes Aaron. 

I just tested it now by saying Erin Bates. It pulled up a baseball player named Aaron Bates. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

11 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Voice to text, sorry.

• Upvote 3

On 11/4/2023 at 12:06 AM, Jackie3 said:

They're medical bills must be astonishing. I think William's care as a premie is covered by some government program. But all the rest, plus all Erin's surgeries. . . do we know what health insurance they have (if any)?

Chad only has one set of hands. How is he earning enough to pay for six kids, a frequently sick wife, rent, taxes, food, Abeka schoolbooks, utilities, gas, and everything else? I know he said there was "plenty of work" in Florida. Even if that's true, he's just one guy, and there's a limit to how much he can do in a day.  Especially since he takes time off each time Erin is sick.

This family, more than most of the others, is a slow-moving train wreck.

Late to the party but no, William was not a fragile micro preemie and is not covered by any program unless the whole family or kids are on public assistance 

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 7

On 1/29/2024 at 6:54 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

I don't know about the poster but when I use the microphone function to post from my phone rather than type, Erin becomes Aaron. 

I just tested it now by saying Erin Bates. It pulled up a baseball player named Aaron Bates. 

That's hilarious! He only played 5 games in MLB; surely Erin is more famous than that!

(Yes, I'm a nerd baseball fan.)

• Upvote 3