IGNORED

Erin and Chad 11: How Does Anyone Sleep?

Coconut Flan

21 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I wonder why the floor leaning on a bed, of all the places you could take a picture?

It needs a "For this child I prayed" caption.🙄

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 2

This isn’t the full truth. God didn’t answer poor Carson’s prayers when his youngest sister was born. And it probably crushed the poor kid. He got lucky this time around. I think it’s shitty to do that to a young kid. 

D9E69820-CF88-4C9E-9221-A140B7A52476.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 6

Good to know that the daughter born the other year wasn't the answer to a prayer, I guess.  She was just a hiccup along the way, like all the sick and dying people whose prayers God is ignoring so he can give Carson a brother.

Give me a fucking break.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 24
  • Love 2

On 11/6/2023 at 7:54 PM, Zebedee said:

@JermajestyDuggarthe bad luck thing is why I was suprised that Charles would go with Charles. Not much more bad luck in “modern” history for a monarch than being a Charles. Especially when half the population reads the Mail or Express and thinks you are the devil incarnate…  Philip is a bit  Catholic, for a monarch, in the same time frame. But everyone loves King Alfred! 

Charles probably went with Charles because he’d been known by that name for almost 74 years at that point. It was likely easier than picking a new regnal name that he may not have for that long. 

And yeah, all this emphasis on William being an answered prayer to Carson just seems so rough on his four younger sisters. I just imagine them coming across those comments when they’re older and thinking that Carson didn’t really care about them since they’re “only” girls. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

I just imagine them coming across those comments when they’re older and thinking that Carson didn’t really care about them since they’re “only” girls. 

Sadly, I fear that growing up in that household, they will already have accepted that as the natural order of things by the time they learn to read. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 4

On 11/6/2023 at 11:28 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Some names in the monarchy are considered bad luck. Like the name John. Everyone knew Will and Kate wouldn’t use John for their kids. I think the last John was Queen Elizabeth’s uncle that died as a child before she was born. He had health problems. But there were other Johns with bad reputations from long ago. 

He had epilepsy but was reported to be a lovely child. There's no real reason not to name a child after him.

Edited by Jackie3

Those are some simpering, saccharine, sweet brother pictures. We all know that Brookie will be feeding William  as well as changing his diaper and making sure he does his Bible lessons!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

20 hours ago, Markie said:

Those are some simpering, saccharine, sweet brother pictures. We all know that Brookie will be feeding William  as well as changing his diaper and making sure he does his Bible lessons!

I feel like it is more likely to be Everly. For an eldest daughter, Brooke seems to manage to not be shown holding or helping with the younger siblings, from pictures and videos it is either Carson or Everly. 

• Upvote 3

I think Erin will push Carson to do the job. Because he will eventually have to share a room with William. And you know once William is a toddler, Carson will be getting up with him in the middle of the night. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 8

On 11/17/2023 at 11:27 PM, Markie said:

Chad does home chores and Carson was allowed to play with purses and dolls (at least when he was younger). I think Erin will push Carson into brotherdad like Abbie-Braggie. He will be praised and everything he will do for William will be sooooooo sweeeeeet, while Everly helping Holland won't be noticed.

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Erin will push Carson to do the job. Because he will eventually have to share a room with William. And you know once William is a toddler, Carson will be getting up with him in the middle of the night. 

Carson seems to do a lot of brother-momming already. I haven't watched all of their family videos, but in the ones I have seen, he seems to be looking after Finley quite a lot. He comes off as a very sweet, sensitive, artistic child, which are not personality traits that fundie culture values in a boy. I expect once Carson reaches a certain age, he will be separated from his sisters the way Joy Duggar was separated from her near-age brothers. I just hope they don't send him to ALERT or anyplace like that to "toughen him up".

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 4

13 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Carson seems to do a lot of brother-momming already. I haven't watched all of their family videos, but in the ones I have seen, he seems to be looking after Finley quite a lot. He comes off as a very sweet, sensitive, artistic child, which are not personality traits that fundie culture values in a boy. I expect once Carson reaches a certain age, he will be separated from his sisters the way Joy Duggar was separated from her near-age brothers. I just hope they don't send him to ALERT or anyplace like that to "toughen him up".

Chad’s brother Nate Paine does an IBLP podcast with Gabe Cleator. So I think the Paines still have ties to IBLP even if Erin and Chad don’t go to Big Sandy. 

• Upvote 4

On 11/18/2023 at 9:23 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chad’s brother Nate Paine does an IBLP podcast with Gabe Cleator. So I think the Paines still have ties to IBLP even if Erin and Chad don’t go to Big Sandy. 

Nate Paine is Chad's brother, who has four kids with one on the way with his wife. They got married in 2018, so I think they are all in with the cult nonsense. And people think the rate that Kendra and Tori are having kids is bad.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 2

4 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Nate Paine is Chad's brother, who has four kids with one on the way with his wife. They got married in 2018, so I think they are all in with the cult nonsense. And people think the rate that Kendra and Tori are having kids is bad.

The fifth is likely born because when she had a photo shoot a few months ago, she looked like she would birth at any moment. 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Yikes! That sounds all-in to me. I don't know who is still IBLP and who isn't, but even the ones that say they aren't are obviously still Quiverfull.

• Upvote 2

Even if they don't attend events, I would say it is probably safe to say that their actions and beliefs are at the very least influenced by growing up within IBLP. It's a given that the majority are going to say someone is wearing pants or they went to watch a regular movie so they must be out of the cult. In general - the way that cults operate - people tend to turn back to their childhood or foundational thinking when in times of stress or crisis. Even if the intention is to distance themselves, it is harder than most will think because that structure is oddly comforting. 

• Upvote 4

Five kids in essentially four years?! That's an insane rate of reproduction! She's a brood mare! In my very cynical and horrified opinion she probably has at least three in diapers and uses the oldest two as runners out of desperation. Even at 3 and 4 years old the oldest ones probably have bizarrely mature expectations placed on them. (I once knew a woman who gave her two year old chores I'd never seen on anyone younger than early school age. I was at her house once and the baby was expected to empty the dishwasher. I was rather horrified)

• Upvote 12

6 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Five kids in essentially four years?! That's an insane rate of reproduction! She's a brood mare! In my very cynical and horrified opinion she probably has at least three in diapers and uses the oldest two as runners out of desperation. Even at 3 and 4 years old the oldest ones probably have bizarrely mature expectations placed on them. (I once knew a woman who gave her two year old chores I'd never seen on anyone younger than early school age. I was at her house once and the baby was expected to empty the dishwasher. I was rather horrified)

This is a family picture taken at the end of 2022. They added another baby this summer. 

2B1C48F9-9358-4225-B783-D1340E85BFAF.jpeg

• Sad 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2

They remind me of my grandparents. On my grandmother's first anniversary, she had a 12 week old and was pregnant with #2. #3 was born the week of their third anniversary, and she was pregnant with #4 before their fourth anniversary. After #4, as my grandfather puts it, they stopped being Catholic.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 20

The only person I know IRL who has had children at anything close to that rate had a housekeeper AND a nanny.  Their group included surprise multiples though.  

• Upvote 6

56 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

They remind me of my grandparents. On my grandmother's first anniversary, she had a 12 week old and was pregnant with #2. #3 was born the week of their third anniversary, and she was pregnant with #4 before their fourth anniversary. After #4, as my grandfather puts it, they stopped being Catholic.

That reminds me of an FJ'ers family member who had 4 in rapid succession and then experienced like a decade of "infertility" before having another 4 in rapid succession. 

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

That reminds me of an FJ'ers family member who had 4 in rapid succession and then experienced like a decade of "infertility" before having another 4 in rapid succession. 

I’m pretty sure that unexplained infertility is called “too fucking tired to fuck.” 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 2

On 11/22/2023 at 12:12 PM, Giraffe said:

My grandmother had 4 in 5 years, waited 6.5 years and had another 4 in 5 years. Apparently she got lonely when my mom went to school. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

My grandmother had 4 in 5 years, waited 6.5 years and had another 4 in 5 years. Apparently she got lonely when my mom went to school. 

If I was that lonely I would just get a cat 😂

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 6

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I was that lonely I would just get a cat 😂

Same. Except I probably would fulfill my dream of having 5 cats 😂

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1