IGNORED

Erin and Chad 11: How Does Anyone Sleep?

Coconut Flan

The goats had babies. Do they own this property? Or is it another rental?

• Upvote 1

On 2/4/2024 at 2:50 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

The goats had babies. Do they own this property? Or is it another rental?

Rental

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

So per their new video of their Nashville trip, it was 17 year old Addee who stayed in FL with the other 5 kids. 🙄Jeb was there, too also as "help." I am just wondering if Addee has done that before for her siblings or was it a test run because she was going to be 18 in a few weeks at that point. She turns 18 on Saturday, so I am sure she will now be viewed as old enough to AuntMom on her own while her siblings go away for trips.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 6

My niece is 17 and I would never trust her to watch my 2 kids over night. And my kids are older than Erin’s kids. 

• Upvote 7

57 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My niece is 17 and I would never trust her to watch my 2 kids over night. And my kids are older than Erin’s kids. 

In some ways I feel like a 10 year old would be a more trustworthy babysitter than a teenager. I certainly had more sense at 9 or 10 than 17 lol. Possibly more than now, even.

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

17 year old Addee who stayed in FL with the other 5 kids. 🙄Jeb was there, too also as "help."

This is crazy, I am an adult and there’s no way I’d be watching 5 kids overnight while the parents are traveling in another state! It’s an insane amount of responsibility for a teenager. Imagine there was a fire or an accident with one of the kids - would she be able to pack up all 5 kids and drive to the emergency room?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

This is crazy, I am an adult and there’s no way I’d be watching 5 kids overnight while the parents are traveling in another state! It’s an insane amount of responsibility for a teenager. Imagine there was a fire or an accident with one of the kids - would she be able to pack up all 5 kids and drive to the emergency room?

My bff has three children. I rarely (only in cases of an emergency) would watch all three. It was too much for me since her youngest is neurodivergent, the second oldest is the most grown sounding but young acting child ever, and the oldest wants to help so much that she can put herself and the rest of us in danger. My bestie is a teacher of the year for the state, but as I tell her, I'm not equipped. 

• Upvote 6

Erin and Chad had Jed and Addallee take care of the kids while they went to a Collingsworth show in Nashville.

So yep. The younger Bates do come to babysit for Erin too!

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Erin and Chad had Jed and Addallee take care of the kids while they went to a Collingsworth show in Nashville.

So yep. The younger Bates do come to babysit for Erin too!

Couldn’t the grandparents pony up for that assignment? There are 4 of them, right???? Children are like flowers and such a blessing, even to grandparents, right???? We LOVE unfettered reproduction and all the babies, until they interfere with our adult fun!!!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Couldn’t the grandparents pony up for that assignment? There are 4 of them, right???? Children are like flowers and such a blessing, even to grandparents, right???? We LOVE unfettered reproduction and all the babies, until they interfere with our adult fun!!!

Kelly and Gill got to go to the concert too.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 1

35 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Kelly and Gill got to go to the concert too.

Of course they did. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

I don’t doubt that Addee is competent but looking after 6 kids (Jed is what, 11, 12?) is a huge ask for a 17 year old. Is this even legal in Florida? Until her 18th birthday, is Addee considered a child herself and unable to live on her own? 

• Upvote 6

I really thought it was going to be Michael, since Michael watched all the kids when Erin had William. Now I wonder if Michael may have been watching Tori and Bobby's kids. Stupid if that's how they did it. Adddee watching Tori's kids would less of a big deal because she would be close to other family. Tori and Bobby only live like a couple of minutes away from the big house, I think.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 4

I think it really depends on the teenager. When my oldest was 16 she was a nanny for 2 doctors who worked overnight shifts at the hospital. She would sleepover at their house and get the kids off to school (a before school program) before going to school herself. The first several times she watched them it was just during the day, but after a couple months it progressed to the overnight shifts when they fell on weekends and over the summer.

But she also graduated hig school just a couple months after turning 17 and was almost finished with her first year of college before 18.  I think my son could probably handle that same responsibility currently, he is 18 and a senior in high school. I very much doubt my youngest would be able to though, she is only 14 now so it is possible for her to mature of course, but I don't see her being ready for something like that at 17/18 years old. 

3 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I don’t doubt that Addee is competent but looking after 6 kids (Jed is what, 11, 12?) is a huge ask for a 17 year old. Is this even legal in Florida? Until her 18th birthday, is Addee considered a child herself and unable to live on her own? 

In most states it is legal for a teen to be home alone or watching younger kids for a few nights. I don't know Florida specifically, but I would guess it is legal for a 17 year old. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

I think it really depends on the teenager. When my oldest was 16 she was a nanny for 2 doctors who worked overnight shifts at the hospital. She would sleepover at their house and get the kids off to school (a before school program) before going to school herself. The first several times she watched them it was just during the day, but after a couple months it progressed to the overnight shifts when they fell on weekends and over the summer.

But she also graduated hig school just a couple months after turning 17 and was almost finished with her first year of college before 18.  I think my son could probably handle that same responsibility currently, he is 18 and a senior in high school. I very much doubt my youngest would be able to though, she is only 14 now so it is possible for her to mature of course, but I don't see her being ready for something like that at 17/18 years old. 

In most states it is legal for a teen to be home alone or watching younger kids for a few nights. I don't know Florida specifically, but I would guess it is legal for a 17 year old. 

My sister at 15 -16  had a job at watching a single mom nurses 3 children for overnight shifts.  It’s actually a good arrangement for a responsible teen. A couple of hours of actual work in the evening before bed, but otherwise she was just hanging out and sleeping. She made good money, but I’m sure it was much more affordable and manageable for the mom than trying to find outside care or a live-in nanny. 

Watching 5 kids, many of them very young, is a lot. But I’m sure Addee has more experience than most. And teens are often hired as day camp counselors in charge of large groups of kids. My main concerns would be if she had a way to get them all somewhere else in an emergency. Hopefully they have a neighbor or someone she could call in for help if needed.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

The thing is, Addee probably was not paid. If my 17 year old niece babysat for me, she would get paid. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

Also do the Paines have family geographically nearby in FL in case of an emergency? I know that Alyssa is an hour away, but that’s too far- This seems like a job better suited for an adult. Like others have said, if Erin was local that would be an entirely different situation.

• Upvote 4

On 12/13/2023 at 7:49 AM, Kiki03910 said:

Randomly posting this here, because the one thing I give Erin credit for is learning to cook. Tonight I made (for the first time) homemade Irish soda bread and a side of apple butter. Yum!

https://www.recipetineats.com/no-yeast-bread-irish-soda-bread/

https://www.destinationdelish.com/quick-easy-apple-butter/

I may have added a dash of brandy to the apple butter with my usual slutty, drunken insouciance. And I will toss some serrano peppers and cheese into the bread next time!

Please could you do the catering for the FJ prayer closet? 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

22 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Please could you do the catering for the FJ prayer closet? 

Absolutely lol. Lots of vegetarian dishes and lots of spice!

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Also do the Paines have family geographically nearby in FL in case of an emergency? I know that Alyssa is an hour away, but that’s too far- This seems like a job better suited for an adult. Like others have said, if Erin was local that would be an entirely different situation.

I found what looks to be their address online. The place they live is north of Orlando. Not sure how long it would take them to reach the northern suburbs.  Maybe like half of what it would take to Alyssa's, who is in a western suburb of Orlando. In William's birth video, Erin did say she was giving birth in a hospital in Orlando. Probably one in a northen suburb.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 1

Not sure if this has already been discussed here, but I was watching Erin’s recent new years Q&A video where she describes each sibling in one word. Carlin is “animated,” and then she pauses awkwardly before moving to the next sibling. Most of the others get additional descriptions like Tori is sincere, she’s one of the most genuine people I know, or Josie is encouraging, she always has a kind word to say about everyone.

Even if I didn’t already know about the feud/tension, animated stands out as the kind of descriptor you give when you have nothing positive to say and you’re trying to pass off something only mildly negative instead. Especially for fundies who promote quiet and meek proverbs 31 women, animated is definitely not a positive trait. I think what she means is phony, dramatic, and annoying, which, hard to argue much with that. 

A few others stood out as likely not super positive judgments, like Ellie being ambitious, also not a desirable quality by fundie female standards. 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Johannah said:

Not sure if this has already been discussed here, but I was watching Erin’s recent new years Q&A video where she describes each sibling in one word. Carlin is “animated,” and then she pauses awkwardly before moving to the next sibling. Most of the others get additional descriptions like Tori is sincere, she’s one of the most genuine people I know, or Josie is encouraging, she always has a kind word to say about everyone.

Even if I didn’t already know about the feud/tension, animated stands out as the kind of descriptor you give when you have nothing positive to say and you’re trying to pass off something only mildly negative instead. Especially for fundies who promote quiet and meek proverbs 31 women, animated is definitely not a positive trait. I think what she means is phony, dramatic, and annoying, which, hard to argue much with that. 

A few others stood out as likely not super positive judgments, like Ellie being ambitious, also not a desirable quality by fundie female standards. 

Erin is not as good of a liar/performer as she probably thinks that she is at this point. She doesn't like certain siblings (sisters in particular). For whatever reason that might be (a feud over business, some deep dark secret or simply a personality mismatch), she would do well to own and accept it. Most of us have family or people in our lives we "put up with" to get through things. 

Another note on one of the Q&A answers was when Erin was asked who was in her wedding party. She said Tori was MOH and that she wanted Michaela in it but Michaela didn't feel comfortable. She then explains she had her "sister Alyssa." Then she throws in Carlin with no explanation and finally lists some friends. Chad does the same with his groomsmen, sort of mentioning Zach with no explanation.  

In the more recent Q&A where she describes each sibling in one word, you'll also note she offers explanations on the ones she likes. Carlin - is animated and just moves on. The other thing to watch there is Chad's expressions. He goes from smile to frown and back again pretty quickly. 

• Upvote 10

It’s so obvious to anyone who has followed the family. Erin had Carlin in her wedding, Carlin had Erin in her wedding. They were so close they started a business together. And now she won’t even take a picture together with Carlin at a large family get together. 

• Upvote 15

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s so obvious to anyone who has followed the family. Erin had Carlin in her wedding, Carlin had Erin in her wedding. They were so close they started a business together. And now she won’t even take a picture together with Carlin at a large family get together. 

Carlin had every person she was related to, Evan was related to, and a few who may have been wandering past that day.

To me it was just an odd way that Erin was wording it (and then Chad did the same with mentioning Zach). She offered an ID and explanation on each of her attendants. She said my sister ahead of each sister except Carlin who was just named and then on to the next person. I thought that was odd because the YouTubing siblings go out of their way to identify people. Carlin is Katie's sister and best friend. Whitney is Carlin's business partner and sister-in-law. Zach is Carlin's brother when Evan talks about him. I always get flashbacks of Bob Newhart and, "I'm Larry, this is my brother, Darryl, and this is my other brother, Darryl." 

Erin and Carlin are both well within their rights to be angry, hold grudges, etc. It just seems quite disingenuous for a woman claiming to be this devout Christian to blatantly try to gaslight her audience by selling the family narrative that they were and are all happy and love each other. Erin doesn't have to give an explanation but could say something to the effect of as family's grow, expand, etc. that there will be siblings that you don't connect with as much as you used to when you all live under the same roof. She could say her relationship with Carlin (or Katie or Whitney) isn't where she hoped it would be but that she has nothing but love for them and wishes them a great new year. Even a genuine explanation of her leaving BSB by saying her health and other commitments just didn't let her continue. She doesn't have to spill the tea or tell all, but an acknowledgment would be worthwhile to her audience. 

Why Erin and not Carlin? I have higher expectations of Erin that she shouldn't be so shady. I have zero expectations of Carlin. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Carlin had every person she was related to, Evan was related to, and a few who may have been wandering past that day.

To me it was just an odd way that Erin was wording it (and then Chad did the same with mentioning Zach). She offered an ID and explanation on each of her attendants. She said my sister ahead of each sister except Carlin who was just named and then on to the next person. I thought that was odd because the YouTubing siblings go out of their way to identify people. Carlin is Katie's sister and best friend. Whitney is Carlin's business partner and sister-in-law. Zach is Carlin's brother when Evan talks about him. I always get flashbacks of Bob Newhart and, "I'm Larry, this is my brother, Darryl, and this is my other brother, Darryl." 

Erin and Carlin are both well within their rights to be angry, hold grudges, etc. It just seems quite disingenuous for a woman claiming to be this devout Christian to blatantly try to gaslight her audience by selling the family narrative that they were and are all happy and love each other. Erin doesn't have to give an explanation but could say something to the effect of as family's grow, expand, etc. that there will be siblings that you don't connect with as much as you used to when you all live under the same roof. She could say her relationship with Carlin (or Katie or Whitney) isn't where she hoped it would be but that she has nothing but love for them and wishes them a great new year. Even a genuine explanation of her leaving BSB by saying her health and other commitments just didn't let her continue. She doesn't have to spill the tea or tell all, but an acknowledgment would be worthwhile to her audience. 

Why Erin and not Carlin? I have higher expectations of Erin that she shouldn't be so shady. I have zero expectations of Carlin. 

My thing is that these people sell their lives online for money. It’s just that simple. And because they sell their lives for money online, it’s strange to completely leave out this one very obvious thing in their lives. 

• Upvote 6