IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 16

Coconut Flan

That dress is… yikes. Meghan is a beautiful woman and that dress doesn’t do anything for her. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

That dress is… yikes. Meghan is a beautiful woman and that dress doesn’t do anything for her. 

I don't think we should shame women for the way they dress. 

I've done it myself (with Camilla) and I think it's wrong.

Women have a tough enough road without jumping all over each other.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Bless Your Heart 1

5 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

It would look a little better with more volume on the bottom half to balance out her shoulders. The very tight bodycon fit isn’t really the most flattering, but if she feels good in it, that’s what matters the most.

I think it needs heels rather than those very flat sandals, but I'm not wearing it so what I think doesn't really matter. I hope they had a nice evening.

• Upvote 1

How can she walk?  Is that CP Victoria in the other picture?  At least she had some fullness at the bottom.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, viii said:

I wish it was knee length. 

You’re right. The length and how narrow the skirt is seems uncomfortable and off.  There was a black and white striped dress in the Barbie movie that was similar but short and super cute.  I could never pull either of those dresses off because I don’t have the figure for it. 

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

How can she walk?  Is that CP Victoria in the other picture?  At least she had some fullness at the bottom.

Yes. That’s CP Victoria and unlike Meghan the cut of her  dress emphasizes what needs to emphasized and de emphasizes what needs to de emphasized. And the sheen is lovely. 

• Upvote 3

I like that she can wear what she wants on her birthday, without the Queen telling her what do do. I bet she likes it too.

Plus, at least she bought the dress with her own money. 

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Yes. That’s CP Victoria and unlike Meghan the cut of her  dress emphasizes what needs to emphasized and de emphasizes what needs to de emphasized. And the sheen is lovely. 

It's fun to bully women on their birthday!

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

It's so much fun to compare women to each other. Body shaming is even better. Body shaming a biracial woman on her birthday is the best.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

CP Victoria's looks like an elegant evening dress. Meghan's looks more like a beach cover-up. Which is fine if she was at the beach or an extremely casual event. Do we know where she was while wearing this dress?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

CP Victoria's looks like an elegant evening dress. Meghan's looks more like a beach cover-up. Which is fine if she was at the beach or an extremely casual event. Do we know where she was while wearing this dress?

She was at an Italian restaurant in Montecito

https://www.trelunesb.com/

Apparently this is the dress

https://possethelabel.com/collections/dresses-1/products/theo-strapless-dress

I agree with the poster who said it would look better if it was shorter.  With the long length it looks awkward to walk in.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

59 minutes ago, VGL said:

I agree with the poster who said it would look better if it was shorter.  With the long length it looks awkward to walk in.

Thank you! Yeah, shorter would have been better. And that restaurant looks like the type of place a dress like that would be perfectly appropriate. It just doesn't quite suit her, but hey, if she liked it and felt good in it, why not, eh?8-)

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, VGL said:

I do like it with the loose fitting overcoat, the movement nicely contrasts the tight dress. And yes, it would look better shorter.

20 hours ago, Loveday said:

I admire people who don't follow the rules ("too casual for a night out. . .") and wear what they want. That's true confidence.

She could have chosen something conservative or quiet, but that dress says, "I dress to please myself." 

There's nothing she could've chosen that would have avoided criticism. Because it's really not about her dress. You don't stalk a woman for three years because she dresses wrong. That's not why those photographers are in Montecito.

On 8/4/2023 at 10:48 PM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

This can be said about almost everything she puts on. She baffles me. How did she reach 42 without figuring out what suits her and what doesn't?? 

I also don't find her beautiful. She's celebrity version of beautiful which is when they are carefully done up, have some procedures and then we are told they are beautiful and must accept it because famous people are beautiful. And I've thought that since it first came out that Harry was dating her. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Love 1

Sometimes a person seems to be considered beautiful by so many and I just don‘t get it (Cristiano Ronaldo comes to mind) but not Meghan. She is beautiful and you don‘t have to particularly like her to see it IMO.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

31 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Sometimes a person seems to be considered beautiful by so many and I just don‘t get it (Cristiano Ronaldo comes to mind) but not Meghan. She is beautiful and you don‘t have to particularly like her to see it IMO.

I genuinely believe that majority of the people who call Meghan ugly are haters, pure and simple. Like you said, you don’t have to like her to acknowledge that she’s good looking. And while I know personality dictates how attractive some people are, nobody here actually knows Meghan enough for that to happen. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

I don’t think she has the best taste and the clothes she wears often don’t fit well or look that great on her but She is physically attractive and Has a great body. But then so does almost every actress or wanna be actress in Hollywood. She is not special  that way. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Many people may not consider Meghan beautiful, but that doesn't mean they think she's ugly.  There is a huge area of very good looking through passable in between the two.  So many Hollywood types have had a bit of surgery and help and access to the best make up techniques to make the most of what they have.  I've watched a fair few make up tutorials that take people from average looks to quite attractive.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, viii said:

I genuinely believe that majority of the people who call Meghan ugly are haters, pure and simple. Like you said, you don’t have to like her to acknowledge that she’s good looking. And while I know personality dictates how attractive some people are, nobody here actually knows Meghan enough for that to happen. 

I didn't say she's ugly. There's a huge space between beautiful and ugly. 

It's interesting to me that people assume "not beautiful" means ugly. That's a huge leap. Do you all actually categorize people only at those two polars? Not very many people are beautiful. And the Hollywood standard where people are professionally made up, airbrushed, wigged or extended, filled and botoxed then declared beautiful is harmful. I see it up close and personal working with teens and even with adult women. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

It’s just entertaining to me that the only people in here calling Meghan not beautiful or attractive are the ones who criticize her over every single thing she does. But yes, I’m sure the two things aren’t related at all. 😂

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 2

19 minutes ago, viii said:

It’s just entertaining to me that the only people in here calling Meghan not beautiful or attractive are the ones who criticize her over every single thing she does. But yes, I’m sure the two things aren’t related at all. 😂

I don’t think she’s unattractive. I just think she picks unattractive clothing. Honestly the dress could be cute if it was shorter or had a slit or had different shoes. She just needs a better stylist. On the other hand, I kind of love that she doesn’t give a fuck and wears what she wants. 

• Upvote 9

She needs a stylist.  She's very proud that she doesn't use one.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, viii said:

I‘m guilty of judging from afar though: Cristiano and I never had a chat but I‘m convinced he‘s full of himself. 😅Probably just because he has been so hyped. 

• Haha 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic