IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 16

Coconut Flan

On 8/6/2023 at 5:42 PM, tabitha2 said:

I don’t think she has the best taste and the clothes she wears often don’t fit well or look that great on her but She is physically attractive and Has a great body. But then so does almost every actress or wanna be actress in Hollywood. She is not special  that way. 

She's not working as an actress at all. Why bring up actresses? 

Why not just say she's beautiful? Does it hurt that much to say that? If so, ask yourself why.

I don't think anyone is saying she's more beautiful than 20-year old actresses, or top. models or beauty contestants. That's crazy. She's a middle-aged mother of two, after all. But she still looks great.

On 8/6/2023 at 10:07 PM, viii said:

It’s just entertaining to me that the only people in here calling Meghan not beautiful or attractive are the ones who criticize her over every single thing she does. But yes, I’m sure the two things aren’t related at all. 😂

Those people calling her ugly should post some selfies! I imagine they are pretty gorgeous if they can criticize MM's looks.

One of the great things about cyber-stalking MM, is that it detracts from the royal family's excesses. It's kind of like Animal Farm--distract the masses so that no one notices the people at the top who are enjoying unearned wealth.

Like last week, when Princess Anne took a private helicopter to the Isle of Wight. So that she could watch yacht racing.It would have taken 3 hours to drive there from her home.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/princess-anne-takes-salute-royal-183656827.html

Can you imagine if Meghan Markle had done such a thing while she was with the royal family?

On 8/6/2023 at 10:30 PM, Coconut Flan said:

She needs a stylist.  She's very proud that she doesn't use one.  

As she should be!   She dresses to please herself, not others.

16 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Seven figures! Harry's raking it in!

22 hours ago, viii said:

There’s a part of me that agrees, but then there’s a voice in the back of my head that thinks this sounds a lot like policing. It’s become unacceptable to tell fat women that they shouldn’t wear bikinis or crop tops because it’s none of our business how someone dresses themselves. As long as they’re not hurting anyone, then people should be able to dress however they feel comfortable and this should extend to Meghan as well, even if we believe we know differently what would suit her. 

It sounds like policing because it is policing. It's none of our business how anyone dresses. This is coming pretty close to body-shaming, and it's certainly bullying.

19 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

And does anybody want them on royal properties if they'd film it and sell it to Netflix?

There are lots of people on royal properties all the time, who could film things. Did you think they live there alone? Besides, what's going on there,  that's so interesting that Netflix would buy it?

11 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I better hope he has zero responsibilities because he should not coach anyone. He‘s the one who needs the coaching.

Actually, he has an enviable life.

12 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

She needs a stylist.  She's very proud that she doesn't use one.  

I agree.  I believe that if she used one so many of her poor fitting outfit choices, visible undergarments, and just the wrong style for her body would not happen.  She really doesn't dress for her body type - she has to stay away from belts/belted outfits. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

There’s a part of me that agrees, but then there’s a voice in the back of my head that thinks this sounds a lot like policing. It’s become unacceptable to tell fat women that they shouldn’t wear bikinis or crop tops because it’s none of our business how someone dresses themselves. As long as they’re not hurting anyone, then people should be able to dress however they feel comfortable and this should extend to Meghan as well, even if we believe we know differently what would suit her. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I have a hard time believing this.  How would you just go back after such a spectacular public flounce, without losing face? And does anybody want them on royal properties if they'd film it and sell it to Netflix?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/meghan-harry-make-huge-peace-30644310

Smells like tabloid BS.

• I Agree 1

1 minute ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Smells like tabloid BS.

Yeah.  There is so much wrong in that article, for one it's not the 1400's when somebody can be held prisoner in the palace.  And are there apartments in the palace that are for rent?  I'm assuming they are talking about Kensington.

And back to Meghan, I don't see where it's hating on her or criticizing her looks to ask how she walked in that dress that was so tight at the bottom.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SoSoNosy said:

And are there apartments in the palace that are for rent?  I'm assuming they are talking about Kensington.

according to wiki, yes.

Kensington Palace contains many public and private apartments and residences within the building and its grounds. The palace houses fifty total residents. Aside from royals, it also hosts members of the military, courtiers, staff, and citizens who pay market rent.[45]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensington_Palace

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Oops, somebody gave Harry a job.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12376965/US-life-coaching-company-staff-slam-Prince-Harry-100-employees-let-Duke-rakes-seven-figure-salary-chief-impact-officer.html

https://www.betterup.com/about-us/leadership-team

Is he an innovator, a behavioral scientist, a talent management strategist or a consumer product expert?

Meet the leadership team driving our mission to create a world where people are supported to do the best work of their lives. We’re innovators, behavioral scientists, talent management strategists, and consumer product experts that aim to make everlasting change for our members, Coaches, and partners.

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

That's interesting.  I wasn't quite sure what kind of emoticon to use, I wonder why this job hasn't been made public, if the company wanted to trade on Harry's presence.

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

He has been employed by BetterUp since they left the UK. The company is falling apart and he was paid a ton for a few speeches.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I better hope he has zero responsibilities because he should not coach anyone. He‘s the one who needs the coaching.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

21 hours ago, viii said:

There’s a part of me that agrees, but then there’s a voice in the back of my head that thinks this sounds a lot like policing.

No one is "policing" Meghan.  Let's face it.  We're basically a gossip site.  Talking about people is what we do..  Meghan is a public figure so what she does and wears is fair game.  We talk about what the Sister Wives wear, what the Duggars and in-laws wear, Jrod gets a discussion with practically every outfit, and so on.  Meghan does not get a special privilege to be exempt.

I do police what the granddaughter wears because I'm buying part of her clothes and tell her I won't take her out wearing x or looking like that.  

No one here is or at least should not be talking to directly to Meghan about what she wears in the name of FJ.  If Meghan sashays by here, it's on her, but I doubt she knows we exist.  

This kind of discussion is how I learned as a teen that just for example opposite of Meghan I have a long neck so can wear stand up collars and turtlenecks, but should never wear even medium v-necks much less deep ones unless I want to look like a lollypop head or a giraffe.  These aren't faults or flaws just the way our bodies are made and the people with so called perfect proportions are few, but most people eventually figure out how not to draw attention to things like the lack of a well defined waist.  

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 5

Most young girls, the lucky ones, have girlfriends or at least a sister who will not hesitate to tell them an  outfit or type of cut looks fugly on you or that color makes you look like death and this one over here is way cuter And so you learn that way. Maybe Meghan did not have that kind of experience or just not care to listen. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Most young girls, the lucky ones, have girlfriends or at least a sister who will not hesitate to tell them an  outfit or type of cut looks fugly on you or that color makes you look like death and this one over here is way cuter And so you learn that way. Maybe Meghan did not have that kind of experience or just not care to listen. 

Good friends say, "Wear it if you love it!, dont' worry about what others think."

Frenemies say, "You look fugly in that, wear this instead."

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

No one is "policing" Meghan.  Let's face it.  We're basically a gossip site.  Talking about people is what we do..  Meghan is a public figure so what she does and wears is fair game.  We talk about what the Sister Wives wear, what the Duggars and in-laws wear, Jrod gets a discussion with practically every outfit, and so on.  Meghan does not get a special privilege to be exempt.

I agree. It's unlikely that Meghan ever comes by here, and if she ever chooses to that's on her. She knows people talk about every outfit she goes out in public in, just like they do for literally ALL the royals, and everyone in Hollywood, and politicians, and everyone else who is a public figure. It comes with their job. 

37 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I read my mother's finishing school textbooks (from the late 60s) as a kid, and one whole book was all about building a wardrobe and dressing to flatter your figure and stuff like that. So that helped. Also had my "colors done" by one of grandma's friends who was a "color me beautiful" rep, but even as I kid I knew she got mine wrong (I am not a spring. I have cool undertones! I am for sure a winter... this lady just didn't like the idea of kids wearing black and other strong colors apparently.).

I feel like it's a thing many people pick up on their own, by trying things on and realizing "oh, that color washes me out" or "that color makes me look jaundiced" or "wow that cut of dress makes me look lumpy". Some people find out by being told by others. And some people listen to people who tell them the absolute wrong advice. (Case in point - my uncle's mother was very short-waisted. She apparently misunderstood someone once and decided that because of that she HAD to tuck in all shirts. All of them. Even sweatshirts that are not meant to be tucked in. That's the total opposite of what would have flattered her body... it made her look like she was 3/4 legs and hips and then her boobs started with no torso below them.)

IDK what Meghan's doing or why. But we are a snark site and if someone with a thread here dresses in an unflattering way, chances are we're going to snark on it. Right along with Michelle Duggar's clip-on curls and toddler-style maternity dresses, and Jrod's skintight chevron skirts that she thinks are super-modest because they cover her knees. 

I do think if Meghan ever comes here and reads back through, she might be looking for an anti-troll restraining order, LOL!

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

I have no issues with snarking on Meghan’s clothing, but it’s when people say “she shouldn’t wear that because of x” then that’s policing to me. Meghan will wear whatever she wants to wear, and she’s entitled to do that, and we’re entitled to say it’s ugly or unflattering, etc. What we’re not entitled to say is she shouldn’t wear something, imo. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

It's the same difference IMO... if people say something is ugly and unflattering, "you shouldn't wear that" is sort of implied.

And either way you can wear whatever the hell you like.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

I'd rather say she shouldn't wear that than say the outfit is ugly (on her).  It seems softer to me.  As an example of learning by doing and listening granddaughter can already sort through clothes and pick out her best colors.  She's a whopping 8.  She also already knows some of the styles that are more flattering than others.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

Who is to say what’s a best colour on someone?? Even if someone doesn’t have the complexion to pull sunshine yellow off but wears it anyway because they like it… who cares? This seems like such a BEC thing to complain about when it comes to Meghan. I’d rather focus on the multiple lies she spins rather than the fact she wore an oversized turtleneck. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1

I have plenty, plenty of time to spare for the lies.  I just think it's sad she spends thousands of dollars on clothes to get the look she does because she won't either look in the mirror or listen to anyone else.  You don't have to care.  You can let the clothing posts just drift by you if they are that disturbing.  People aren't going to stop talking about what the people we follow wear any time soon.  It's too entertaining to a lot of people.  

How about the apparent "collusion" or intersection of WME and Netflix?  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

Meghan owns a mirror and she must like the way she looks. She’s been dressing this way for years, I don’t see it changing anytime. 

Between H&M’s work ethic and the strike, I don’t see their Netflix collab going anywhere. 

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I have plenty, plenty of time to spare for the lies.  I just think it's sad she People aren't going to stop talking about what the people we follow wear any time soon.  It's too entertaining to a lot of people.  

Entertaining? Wow. 

Princess Eugenie is not the snappiest dresser, yet I have never seen anyone “entertain” themselves by snarking on her clothes.

Do you just “entertain” yourself by snarking on ex-royals who rarely speak or appear in public?

2 hours ago, viii said:

Between H&M’s work ethic and the strike, I don’t see their Netflix collab going anywhere. 

Well, in 3 years, they’ve written a book, participated in a documentary series, created 12-episode celebrated  podcast series, supported the invictus games, flown back and forth to England, filed suit against Murdoch and set up a nonprofit. Oh, and cared for two babies.

Other royals have a better work ethic? Which ones? Surely not the Cambridges. Kate has 2 engagements this summer and has never held a full-time job.

Are you sure this isn’t about race? Think hard on that. Because that’s quite a ridiculous narrative.

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

And some of us have teen daughters that give those honest opinions. I was told my outfit the other day gave "pilgrim vibes". I ended up switching out the top with a different one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

And some of us have teen daughters that give those honest opinions. I was told my outfit the other day gave "pilgrim vibes". I ended up switching out the top with a different one. 

The best thing you can teach teen girls is to dress to please themselves. 

28 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

We say that about a hat for our baby boy that my mom made. We think it‘s cute on him though, so we call him „little pilgrim“ when he wears it. However, I see how you wouldn‘t want that look. 😄

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Haha 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic