IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 16

Coconut Flan

Just now, tabitha2 said:

Meghan’s hair let down her wedding look. It looked like hair to run errands or walk the dog in. 

Her hair wasn’t what I expected but she had kind of copyrighted the “messy bun” look so I’m not surprised she chose that style. At least it gave the focus to her veil, which was stunning. 

Kate’s hair was unfortunate. Those tight curls wore her and overshadowed her tiara.

Eugenie’s wedding look was just… *chefs kiss*

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I‘ll defend the scarf in summer look today because I‘ve been ill this past week and doing that myself. When I have a sore throat / cold thingy, keeping my body extra warm feels comforting and helps me to get better. I probably need it because I almost never have a temperature.

You'd be risking heat stroke in a winter coat and double wrapped scarf in Southern California right now.  There's staying warm and putting on a pap display and risking yourself.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, moreorlessnu said:

I disliked Kate's veil. I thought it looked too much like a death shroud. The rest of her dress was lovely.

Lol! I never thought death shroud before but it’s all I can see now. I do wish the entire skirt had also been covered in lace, not just the bodice. But I’m a sucker for lace.

6 hours ago, Manda said:

Meghan's dress was made of the wrong fabric for the style.  It looked like it could stand up on its own.  I didn't like the bust line on Kate's either.  Surely they didn't design it to turn out like that.  I loved Princess Beatrice's rewear.  It was perfect for the wedding she had and such a tribute to her Grandma.  I think it was my favorite of the four.  

Why oh why and what was wrong with Meghan this week?

https://pagesix.com/2023/08/11/meghan-markle-wears-coat-cashmere-shawl-in-70-degree-california/

It's summer in Southern California.  No one needs a winter coat much less a scarf.  

On the note of why Charles doesn't do more for people, why doesn't Meghan quit buying designer everything and give that money to the unsheltered herself?  She and Harry could do so much more for people with their supposed millions if only they would.  (Waves at she who shall not be named.}

Generally I get concerned if someone wears cold weather gear that covers lot of skin in warm weather. I’ve had an eating disorder and survived domestic violence and both times used that trick. I’m not saying Meghan is experiencing either of those things, and I certainly hope she isn’t, but the look raises concerns.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

No wonder the Sussexes felt security was so vital.

The kooks discussed below were planning go to Montecito and march around the Sussexes home with signs and megaphones, shouting "We want Privacy." 
https://www.newsweek.com/prince-harry-meghan-markle-restraining-order-youtube-stunt-andy-signore-1817895

Actually, they were going to fly to LA and then charter a bus to Montecito. They were selling tickets on the bus. They were crowdfunding this trip on youtube.

They hoped to interact with security and really hoped to meet Harry and Meghan. One of these nuts live in the US, and one in England. The English one was planning to fly to the US to carry out this "plan." While the two youtubers were kind enough to say "we aren't going to harass them,"  who really knows what a busload of haters will do?

Newsweek reported on this story, and the nutters quickly backtracked, saying it was a "joke." Which is people always say, when called on bad behavior. I'm sure they'd have done it happily, if only to promote their youtube channels. 

The guy in the crown, Andy Signore, has been fired from jobs because of sexual abuse. He admits he harasses Harry and Meghan because it makes him money. He stated, "I've got kids to feed." The English lady seems to do it because she hates Meghan.

Two very dangerous individuals, crowdfunding a trip to Montecito to harass the Sussexes. Yeah, I'd want security too.

Edited by Jackie3

15 hours ago, Manda said:

Meghan's dress was made of the wrong fabric for the style.  It looked like it could stand up on its own.  I didn't like the bust line on Kate's either.  Surely they didn't design it to turn out like that.  I loved Princess Beatrice's rewear.  It was perfect for the wedding she had and such a tribute to her Grandma.  I think it was my favorite of the four.  

Why oh why and what was wrong with Meghan this week?

https://pagesix.com/2023/08/11/meghan-markle-wears-coat-cashmere-shawl-in-70-degree-california/

It's summer in Southern California.  No one needs a winter coat much less a scarf.  

On the note of why Charles doesn't do more for people, why doesn't Meghan quit buying designer everything and give that money to the unsheltered herself?  She and Harry could do so much more for people with their supposed millions if only they would.  (Waves at she who shall not be named.}

1. 70 degrees isn’t hot 2. You can tell in the video it’s overcast. They probably hit a high of 70, but it was likely much chillier in the morning and evening. 
I rarely wear coats, but wore a warm sweater out that day early in the morning, and I’m in a similar area weather wise. 

I liked all their wedding dresses very much. I don’t understand the snark on the fit of Meghan’s as I think it looked much better and more modern a little loose. I really liked that Kate brought back ( or repopularized ) lace and sleeves. Eugenie was just stunning and the story of wanting to show off her scar was very powerful. Beatrice looked very sweet and fairy tale like and it was a lovely way to make the best of a pandemic wedding, 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Lol! I never thought death shroud before but it’s all I can see now. I do wish the entire skirt had also been covered in lace, not just the bodice. But I’m a sucker for lace.

When the carriage pulled up and we saw the first glimpse of her (on TV), my initial thought was that the veil looked like a death shroud, and as you mentioned, once you see it, you can't unsee it. Maybe it was the way the light was hitting the inside of the carriage, etc.?

5 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

When you criticize a US private citizen for reasons like this, it can only be racism and jealousy. Otherwise, who cares what this lady wears?

I mean, there are women out there committing violent crimes--but this is the issue that bothers you?

She can't breathe right for some people. It's the melatonin in her skin.

Edited by Jackie3

I’m curious to see what kind of original wedding Beatrice would have had if the pandemic had never happened. Her wedding was delayed twice and so I think that’s why she went with a repurposed old gown of the Queen’s. I’d like to know if that dress was always her first choice and if she was always going to wear the fringe tiara. I feel like without the pandemic, her whole wedding wouldn’t have been so scaled down. 

• Upvote 2

I think Beatrice LOVED that dress. I know I did. She looked incredible in it, and she got something her Granny wore, although not as a bride.

I'd have worn that dress in a heartbeat. Norman Hartnell was an incredibly talented dress designer of the time. Not only that, Beatrice got to wear the tiara her grandmother wore to her own wedding. I think Beatrice was well satisfied to wear the dress, which was re-worked for her, and the tiara, which she really loved.

Maybe Beatrice is the RF's introvert.

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I think Beatrice LOVED that dress. I know I did. She looked incredible in it, and she got something her Granny wore, although not as a bride.

I'd have worn that dress in a heartbeat. Norman Hartnell was an incredibly talented dress designer of the time. Not only that, Beatrice got to wear the tiara her grandmother wore to her own wedding. I think Beatrice was well satisfied to wear the dress, which was re-worked for her, and the tiara, which she really loved.

Maybe Beatrice is the RF's introvert.

I actually like her overall look the best. I thought the tiara and the dress went perfectly together.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Yes, she looked amazing and it was a nice wedding but I’m doubting any of it was her first option pre-pandemic and I wish we could have seen what would have been. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

70 degrees isn’t hot 2. You can tell in the video it’s overcast. They probably hit a high of 70, but it was likely much chillier in the morning and evening. 
I rarely wear coats, but wore a warm sweater out that day early in the morning, and I’m in a similar area weather wise. 

70 degrees and overcast is downright chilly in LA in the summer! I know people who wear hoodies in LA in that weather. I definitely tease them about it, but they insist it’s cold for LA. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Exactly. People need to calm down. Meghan is born and raised in California. 70 to her IS chilly, even if 70 is warm for a lot of other countries. 

Again, there is so much to criticize Meghan for, but this? This isn’t it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

42 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

70 degrees and overcast is downright chilly in LA in the summer! I know people who wear hoodies in LA in that weather. I definitely tease them about it, but they insist it’s cold for LA. 

For sure. And the fog /overcast in coastal areas in the morning is definitely colder.  People on line were giving them crap because their little girl was in socks and long sleeves for a morning parade on 4th of July , like the photos were staged or she’d expire from heat stroke!  

The morning of her now infamous dentist photos was the 1st day of school where I live, also coastal California,  and the kids were mostly in sweaters or hoodies at the start of the day. T’s by the end of it.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

I live in SoCal.  70 and overcast isn't chilly and is very common.  I was out in high 60s and fog this morning doing yard work in shorts and short sleeves.  The walkers going by were in shorts and many had on tank tops.  If it's breezy a light weight sweater or hoodie may feel more comfortable, but it's August and not very breezy.   The days warm up fairly quickly.  Wool winter coats and double wrapped scarves are not in the least common outdoors.  People frequently carry a sweater for the super air conditioned places and some people especially elderly may want a jacket, but we aren't bundled up like it's mid-winter.  In fact I don't dress in a full length winter coat and fully wrapped scarf most winters unless I'm in the mountains.   

A full winter coat is going to stand out and be unusual where Meghan lives. She wasn't in downtown San Francisco where one can need winter clothes mid-summer when the fog er marine layer rolls in.

My grandkids live halfway up a mountain where it gets chillier overnight and they had lightweight sweaters or jackets over short sleeves and shorts because it was going to be 80s within a few hours.  

Is it the worst thing ever?  Far from it, but let's face it she wasn't going to look like the rest of the shoppers out on the street especially not with that scarf.  It's her body and her choice, but trying to pretend we're mostly huddled in coats outside at 73 degrees in SoCal is also ridiculous.  The guy next to her was in short sleeves as were probably most of the people around her.  

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 1

The weird thing is, she's probably dressing like that so she won't be recognized. But in so doing, she's drawing attention to herself because it's just too much. Even for summer in San Francisco (I live there, so I know). 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I have roasted in San Francisco and gotten very cold there, too.  All in August.  You have to pack for all possibilities..  

It's sad.  My favorite Mark Twain "quote" is said to be false "quote" by Snopes.

Mark Twain once asserted "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

• Upvote 3

Definitely need to dress in layers. But the full length winter coat and bulky scarf is overkill when it's maybe 60 degrees. It's warmer the further south you go, but the marine layer and cool mornings persist all the way down to San Diego. But again, not requiring what Meghan wore. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I live in SoCal. 

Cool, but you don’t speak for everyone. Plenty of other people from SoCal have commented on these pictures of Meghan and opinions varied, plenty said they were chilled that day. Everybody has different body temperatures. This is such a BEC moment. 

• Upvote 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Indeed.  But as almost all of us have said, she will stand out dressed like that.  It's fully her choice,  but to act like all of SoCal dresses like mid-winter in August  AUGUST is again I say totally ridiculous..  If people are "chilled" at 60s until 10 AM, they put on a sweater or a thin jacket or hoodie not a full length winter coat.  That's the point.  My next door neighbor runs cold and she's in a hoodie in weather like that.  

I saw a woman a couple of weeks ago in a puffy jacket at around 8 am..  I remember her because it was SO unusual.  I think Meghan was out trying to get shots for product placement to be used later and someone released the photos early if you want what I really think happened.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

If people are "chilled" at 60s until 10 AM, they put on a sweater or a thin jacket or hoodie not a full length winter coat. 

True. I do agree the winter coat is weird but I also agree it‘s not a crime. The product placement explanation is interesting to me and way less concerning than some others brought up.

Edited by prayawaythefundie

The coat is currently sold out. But maybe soon to be restocked? That would be the only way the product placement angle works.

The scarf is Hermes, over $1000.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

The product placcement would be the patch on her left wrist.  

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

The scarf is Hermes, over $1000.

Wow! Such disgusting displays of wealth when there are starving children living right in LA! The working class people are so sick of these ostentatious displays of wealth from American Royalty when they are struggling just to pay for rent and food. Not everyone has access to a vast inheritance from their husbands mother to pay for such superfluous fripperies. It isn’t nice to show off when there are so many less fortunate people who didn’t get millions in inheritance money. /s

Edited by treehugger
  • Haha 12
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, treehugger said:

Wow! Such disgusting displays of wealth when there are starving children living right in LA! The working class people are so sick of these ostentatious displays of wealth from American Royalty when they are struggling just to pay for rent and food. Not everyone has access to a vast inheritance from their husbands mother to pay for such superfluous fripperies. It isn’t nice to show off when there are so many less fortunate people who didn’t get millions in inheritance money. /s

Lollllll she gonna come back with her “Meghan made millions before marriage” excuse again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic