IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 16

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, viii said:

I’ll let a lot of things slide but Harry is not an author; a ghostwriter is. 

Of course! He hasn't pretended he wrote it without help. The ghostwriter lived in a guest house on his property. 

10 hours ago, VGL said:

The white haired guy with the sunglasses is the personal assistant of Zak Bagans from Ghost Adventures

The Daily Mail got something wrong? I am shaken to the core.

(/Sarcasm, in case you hadn't guessed).

• Haha 8

What happened: Security person did their job and turned an uninvited stranger away,  and there's no indication whether Harry and Meghan were even aware of the incident.

How it's headlined:  "Meghan Markle and Prince Harry snubbed elderly veteran neighbour"

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/the-gate-guy-turned-me-away-meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-snubbed-elderly-veteran-neighbour/news-story/17b5c64f4f429a12feb0ebc55a956d56

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s elderly neighbour has spoken out after revealing his attempts to be neighbourly were rudely rebuffed by the Duke and Duchess.

The gate guy may or may not have been rude but what would even be the point of having someone at the gate if they let all the neighbors in.

And their unsolicited packages that could contain anything whatsoever.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

So gate guy did his job. A case of nothing to see here. Surprising that this elderly veteran (interesting how the article used those terms--was it to garner more sympathy for him?) went right up to the gate expecting a positive response and an open-armed welcome inside; I can't imagine doing that myself. Hell, I don't even go to my own neighbors' doors unless I've already met them when I've first seen them working in their yard or walking to their mailbox and we've said hello and introduced ourselves. Which, after two years in my new place, has only happened with the people on either side of me and right across the street. And so far, no door-knocking has ensued!

Elderly veteran had very unrealistic expectations. 

• Upvote 11

There’s clearly an agenda to this story and it’s so annoying. Harry and Meghan shoot themselves in the foot enough, they don’t need bogus headlines like this. 

• Upvote 10

Looks like part of Harry's suit will go forward. The other parts are dismissed because the statute of limitations has passed.

8 minutes ago, rosamundi said:

The judge in Harry's case has ruled that part of it can proceed.

It will not include the allegations of phone hacking or the alleged "secret agreement between the media and Royal Family."

Mr Justice Fancourt said Harry's amended case submitted earlier this year - which was reliant on the existence of the "secret agreement" - did not "reach the necessary threshold of plausibility and cogency".

From the article, it appears that Prince Harry may still be time barred on the lawsuit if at the later hearings it can be shown that he knew that PIs were being used to gather the information. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, TN-peach said:

From the article, it appears that Prince Harry may still be time barred on the lawsuit if at the later hearings it can be shown that he knew that PIs were being used to gather the information. 

Well, you can hope for that. I'm not going to root for Murdoch, a known corrupt billionaire. You can.

I'll bet they are dancing for joy in Montecito.

5 hours ago, TN-peach said:

It will not include the allegations of phone hacking or the alleged "secret agreement between the media and Royal Family."

The important thing is, the case will go to trial in January. Those media billionaires must be shaking in their expensive boots.

Suits is breaking streaming records. Those residuals must be enormous!

https://people.com/meghan-markle-series-suits-sets-streaming-record-4-years-after-finale-7567058

I wonder why? It couldn't be because of that irrelevant actress who plays Rachel Zane? I didn't know being irrelevant drove up sales and broke records.

A second piece of good news for the Sussexes.

Oh God here we go. Trollpacabra is positively creaming herself in her Candle lit Sparkle  Markle shrine. 

Please Please  ignore her for the love of all our remaining sanity. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Oh God here we go. Trollpacabra is positively creaming herself in her Candle lit Sparkle  Markle shrine. 

Please Please  ignore her for the love of all our remaining sanity. 

My new favorite phrase! :laughing-rolling:

• I Agree 1

Oh You silly! You’ve  heard of the oracle of Delphi?  Well the Madonna of Montecito, our Lady of the  Heavenly suitcase communes with her obedient followers and so they know everything about everything!!

Edited by tabitha2
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Suits is breaking streaming records. Those residuals must be enormous!

https://people.com/meghan-markle-series-suits-sets-streaming-record-4-years-after-finale-7567058

I wonder why? It couldn't be because of that irrelevant actress who plays Rachel Zane? I didn't know being irrelevant drove up sales and broke records.

A second piece of good news for the Sussexes.

Residuals for streaming are next to nothing. That’s literally an issue in the SAG-AFTRA and WGA strikes. Meghan will get a nice check for 81 cents or so. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

You should hear the Sussex squadies going on about Suits like it’s Shakespearean theater and Meghan is Meryl Streep. They sure trippen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

She wasn't even in the top 3 on the call sheet.  Goodness.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Residuals for streaming are next to nothing. That’s literally an issue in the SAG-AFTRA and WGA strikes. Meghan will get a nice check for 81 cents or so. 

People are tuning in to see Meghan. That's why it's #1. 

So irrelevant!

I really can’t imagine an elderly veteran is direct neighbours to H&M? Or is the term used differently in the US and the UK? Same postcode? Same neighbourhood (which could be everything from 2 to 2000 houses)? Same street? In my country a neighbour lives either directly next to your plot or in the same building. Same street only if it’s a smaller street (up to ten houses). If you have a massive property with lots of land around you, you basically have no neighbours. No quick chats on the street, no ringing the door to ask for an egg, no children playing together because the see each other every day, no accepting parcels when your neighbours are away…. I guess the guy tried to say hello to Oprah, Ellen, Katy, Brad, Ariana, Gwyneth, Ashton, Orlando and Mila as well……. Yeah. I call BS on that. Or he most definitely did it in the knowledge that he would be turned away.

Suits was a popular enough series before MM got together with H. Rachel was a popular character but never got to the same popularity as Mike, Harvey, Donna and Louis. Which was, to a big extent, due to a shitty character development after season two. Not M’s fault. Non of the actors are brilliant Oscar worthy though. They are good which is good enough in my books. I absolutely enjoyed watching it. Including M. I can absolutely see H&Ms constant media presence be of help to make people watch it again. The actors won’t get much money for it though. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

The actors won’t get much money for it though. 

That's great you've seen their contract.

It seems sad to spend a summer Saturday hoping a stranger gets small residual checks, so she'll be really really sad and regret she had the nerve to leave the royal family.

There's plenty of information online about how much actors get for residuals. I've also read a number of memoirs by secondary actors in shows and it seem like they do quite well. Not enough to buy another Montecito mansion, but nice-sized checks each quarter. (though it probably isn't checks anymore)

I've seen a few episodes of Suits and I thought MM did pretty well, for a fairly inexperienced actress. I watched Season 1, so perhaps she got more relaxed. Or maybe she didn't. Either way, she looked gorgeous, probably had a lot of fun, and made a ton of money towards the end. 

The show itself actually seemed pretty good and fairly accurate, compared to other legal dramas. (they must have had good legal consultants). 

15 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

She wasn't even in the top 3 on the call sheet.  Goodness.

She was higher on the call sheet than everyone at FJ

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

The actors won’t get much money for it though. 

No, they won't, which is sad. Streaming has absolutely broken the model of how actors get paid in Hollywood. I'm horrified at some of the stories coming out of Netflix in particular about people being on HUGE shows and still having to keep their day job. It's a big part of the reason for the strike, which I wholeheartedly support.

ETA: I'm actually in the middle of listening to this podcast episode on the topic:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/sag-aftra-strike-special/id1511456063?i=1000622063876

It's honestly even worse than I thought was, and I already had a pretty low opinion of the studios.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

People are tuning in to see Meghan. That's why it's #1. 

So irrelevant!

You literally were crowing about her residuals. That was a quick change. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

Humor for today:  I've seen this at least three places so far.  Harry and Meghan are thinking of leaving California to move to Malibu.  I hope articles and videos are copying each other, still how can you read or say that without realizing what you're saying?

image.png.d8e43a78768b0df768f48beef1cd56cb.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Humor for today:  I've seen this at least three places so far.  Harry and Meghan are thinking of leaving California to move to Malibu.  I hope articles and videos are copying each other, still how can you read or say that without realizing what you're saying?

image.png.d8e43a78768b0df768f48beef1cd56cb.png

Oh yeah, Malibu. The 51st state  🙄

• Haha 11

8 hours ago, louisa05 said:

You literally were crowing about her residuals. That was a quick change. 

Exactly! They are tuning in to see her on Suits, so she gets a lot of residuals. 

No change at all! Same topic.

• Haha 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic