IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 16

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, louisa05 said:

None of the Queen’s children or grandchildren affected by the law were ever denied. It’s just a formality. 

I was thinking further back than that, Mrs Fitzherbert and George IV, for example.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

There are several young adult heiresses and one heir in the wings in Europe right now plus  all the spares and at least a few are bound to be openly LGBTQ. So we are going to have most or all the scenarios in play and new guidelines applied by the governments sooner rather than later. It’s going to be very interesting to see how it all plays out. 

Possibly, but there is only a small number of direct heirs to European thrones at the moment. I suppose I couldn't name all but it can't be more than 10 or 15 people at present. So it is possible that none of them are LGBTQ. As in, statistically, out of 15 random people, it's not a given that at least one is gay. 

Still, it would be interesting to see how it plays out (though I wouldn't wish the struggle of wanting to come out in the face of a traditional and conservative institution upon anyone). Also, I assume some royal houses/countries might make it easier for an hair to the throne to be openly gay than others. Without background knowledge, the Swedish or Norwegian monarchies don't seem as suffovatingly strict. Not sure what the pleight of the Spanish crown princess would be, on the other hand, with the Spanish monarchy being very catholic. (I'm not saying the girl is gay, just as an example). 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

Possibly, but there is only a small number of direct heirs to European thrones at the moment. I suppose I couldn't name all but it can't be more than 10 or 15 people at present. So it is possible that none of them are LGBTQ. As in, statistically, out of 15 random people, it's not a given that at least one is gay. 

Still, it would be interesting to see how it plays out (though I wouldn't wish the struggle of wanting to come out in the face of a traditional and conservative institution upon anyone). Also, I assume some royal houses/countries might make it easier for an hair to the throne to be openly gay than others. Without background knowledge, the Swedish or Norwegian monarchies don't seem as suffovatingly strict. Not sure what the pleight of the Spanish crown princess would be, on the other hand, with the Spanish monarchy being very catholic. (I'm not saying the girl is gay, just as an example). 

I was considering the various siblings as well. If your heiress wants to take a wife esp if the Queen or King has not married or cannot produce biological children then change must take place. Also IMO The governments/Royal houses  even the very liberal Norwegians* and  Swedes are not going to amend the No IVF, no adoption, no surrogacy, and definitely no illegitimate children dictums anytime soon. 

So two Queens or Two Kings will eventually happen sooner rather than later probably but the line will pass down to the next eldest in time. 

For no particular reason here is the Position of the Norwegian monarchy: 

“Norwegians are girls who love girls, boys who love boys, and boys and girls who love each other. Norwegians believe in God, Allah, everything and nothing,” says King Harald V

I thought one of the Danish royals recently had a baby via surrogacy. I think their new son is still eligible to inherit whatever titles the dad has. 

36 minutes ago, viii said:

I thought one of the Danish royals recently had a baby via surrogacy. I think their new son is still eligible to inherit whatever titles the dad has. 

Prince Gustav. He is a German  Noble and head of his Branch of the family through his father even though his mother is the Queens  sister. He is not considered Royal. 

Anyway.  it’s complicated but it boils down to the fact that it’s a German title and for the boy to inherit his fathers title he must be recognized as as the biological child of both his parents and Germany does not recognize such surrogacy arraignments as the child was born in California. 

Per the German Federal Foreign Office:

“Therefore, the recognition of a commissioning mother as the legal mother would as a rule lead to an outcome which is incompatible with essential principles of German law insofar as the case has a link to Germany. For this reason, German authorities cannot recognize the maternity of a commissioning mother even if a foreign birth certificate confirms her as the ostensible mother. The husband of the commissioning mother cannot claim paternity based on his marriage because he is not married to the mother of the child.

As the children of surrogate mothers are not in the cited cases related to the commissioning parents in the legal sense, they do not attain German citizenship through birth. In such cases, the foreign missions are unable to issue the children with German passports!

So The boy can be left whatever personal wealth or goods  his parents decide but no title for him. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 11/6/2023 at 11:49 PM, tabitha2 said:

I hope he at least teaches them something of their heritage and  Royal family traditions  other than how supposedly awful and stuffy and old fashioned and cold his family are, how they were always mean to dad and mom, Etc.  Because poisoning their minds against his family before they are old enough to form their own opinion by would be a real shame 

It really doesn't matter what Harry teaches him.

Archie will go online, and see all the ugliness written about his parents, the claims his mother was never pregnant, the silly mocking names for himself and his sister, the journalist who called him a chimp, the one who suggested he get held over the balcony, the guy who wanted his. mother smeared with excrement. . . 

The internet is forever. Archie will be biased against the royal family without his parents's input at all. 

21 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

So The boy can be left whatever personal wealth or goods  his parents decide but no title for him. 

Then he dodged a bullet. He gets the wealth without the title. Lucky boy!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, rosamundi said:

I was thinking further back than that, Mrs Fitzherbert and George IV, for example.

Which would be absolutely irrelevant to the hypothetical future marriage of the little prince of California 

• Upvote 1

We were on a semi-private tour of Buckingham Palace many years ago, and there was a very astute 10 year old girl, who took in every word.  The subject of Mrs. Fitzherbert came up, and she immediately wanted to know why Mrs. H couldn't move into the Palace with George (or something like that, it's been  a while).  The guide did some stuttering and stammering and managed to move the group on to the next subject.

• Haha 1

Oh for Dogs sake! A King who could be nearing a hundred or a late middle aged verging on elderly King is going to have a whole lot more on his plate and mind concerning his own children and country to give a thought about who a very very minor young Prince or Princess in another country marries.  

• Upvote 1

If Archie has any love for his mother at all, the last thing he'd ever do would ask the UK King for anything. Whether that King is William or Charles--they both participated in evildoing against his mom.  

He doesn't need to. hear this from his parents. Five minutes online will tell him all he needs to know. The headlines will still be there.

• Upvote 1

Haven‘t the Netherlands already started updating their rules? Maybe I don‘t remember it correctly but I think there was an official statement a while ago that said princess Catherina-Amalia would be allowed to marry a woman and still be queen. I don‘t think the issue of possible children via surrogacy or adoption was addressed though. 

• Upvote 2

If it’s legal in the country the government or reigning  monarch can warn, advise against and hate it but can’t legally stop a Royal heir  from marrying who they choose within reason. They can even adopt or have a child through alternative means it’s Simply that child cannot succeed to any titles much less a throne . The monarchy will just have to be passed to next in line. 

That said in a Catholic country that  already   Has a shaky monarchy like Spain I don’t think the Royals would  risk it even if  same sex  marriage is legal.  

Edited by tabitha2

Wow. I wouldn’t want to be an adopted child growing up in these royal families.

Imagine if a royal couple has biological and adoptive children. The adopted kids have no royal titles, while their older sister or younger brother is a “princess” or “duke.” Not to mention your cousins!

That would be so destructive to the adopted child.

• Upvote 1

On 11/5/2023 at 6:28 PM, tabitha2 said:

It’s just clickbait. Any inane, random or irrelevant article about the Sussex children will  get attention and comments. The Windsor children, namely Charlotte, as well. It’s like Royal catnip to lots of people. 

I am one of those people who loves royal kids. I really want Princess Charlotte to become queen, but not her as an adult. I want 2 year old Princess Charlotte who sticks her tongue out at the media to be queen. 

On 11/6/2023 at 11:10 AM, viii said:

I hope they do care. After everything with Harry and Meghan leaving, it would be kind of funny if one of their kids wanted to return to Britain and take their place within the royal family. 

"But I'm a prince!!!"

Archie will still be in the Line of Succession, he just won't have to ask permission before he weds. 

On 11/6/2023 at 10:33 PM, DalmatianCat said:

That’s the movie I want to see! 🤣

”Dad! You’re keeping me from my destiny!”

Murthy’s law dictates that’s exactly what will happen 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

I don’t think the rules regarding the LoS will change quickly. Probably not even in my lifetime. Maybe in regards to a biological child of the monarch. But we still have male premogeniture in effect in some countries and the exclusion of illegitimate children. For a gay monarch- the crown will just move to the next eligible heir. I think rules will only change when actually met with this situation. Definitely not if it’s not regarding the monarch. And this might not happen for a long time. It wouldn’t be weird or a statistical anomaly to not see a gay or otherwise affected monarch/spouse for decades/centuries. Monarchies move slowly. Which, if your perspective is centuries rather than decades, makes sense.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

I know it is a Daily Mail article but it just made me laugh.  She does not help herself and her reputation when she attends these events and she stands a foot in front of everyone else and next to the speaker. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12728623/meghan-markle-prince-harry-camp-pendleton-veterans-day.html

Exactly! She lives how she wants to live, without worrying about "reputation" or what you think. 

Which is actually how we all should live.

Tyler Perry said Meghan Markle used him like a therapist when she left the royal family. 

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/when-tyler-perry-became-meghan-markle-s-therapist-after-prince-harry-s-wife-left-royal-duties-11700119832485.html

If she actually used him like a therapist that’s not appropriate; she should be using an actual therapist. But if what he means is she leaned on him as a friend I don’t think he should go around saying that. 

Do we think they’ll have a falling out over this?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Tyler Perry has been there a lot for Meghan, but I could see comments like this being enough for her to end their friendship. 

You shouldn't trauma dump on your friends, unless they've consented to it. And they definitely shouldn't be running around telling people that you did. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

It doesn't sound like he minded. He called it "a great conversation."

“She called months later and just talked to me like I was a therapist and we just had a great conversation," the Daily Mail quoted him as saying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic