IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 16

Coconut Flan

If she had continued in the RF that spendiness would probably have eventually stopped if her father in law was fitting the bill. He advocates quality over quantity and investing in  expensive  tailored pieces that can be reworn for years in some cases. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

Meghan definitely loves the pricey clothes.  She seems to associate high price with looking good.  I could probably have easily found two dozen dresses that would have looked better on Meghan for that intervview and not a one would have cost more than $1000.  I appreciated that Kate had a maternity dress that was the same as one of my daughter's dresses.  

Meghan does love expensive clothes, but at least she’s paying for them with her own money. If you’re going to bring Kate into this, then she’s going to win every time when it comes to clothes. Her spending habits are far more outrageous. She might have a handful of maternity clothes or clothes in general that the average person can afford to buy but her closets are ridiculous. Majority of her items are high end custom designer and she has 283747284 coats in the same colour. Both of these women need a reality check when it comes to shopping. 

• Upvote 3
  • Move Along 1

Trying to decide which I would hate more to spend a day at: horse race or car race? Two of the most boring things I could ever think of. Meghan is probably with me on that.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, viii said:

Both of these women need a reality check when it comes to shopping. 

Indeed.  They could take lessons from Anne.  However, Meghan outspent Kate during her time with the BRF.  

• Upvote 7

Kate has to have appropriate “work clothes”  both for everyday and events and also be a patron of British fashion and British designers. But she also re wears and sticks to classics that work for her not trends. 

• Upvote 4

All of this talk of nannies has me thinking "but what does the nanny DO?".  In Christine's voice from Sister Wives. 

(not really a serious question because I realize everyone in the BRF and wealthy people just have them because well, they do.)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Kate has to have appropriate “work clothes”  both for everyday and events and also be a patron of British fashion and British designers. But she also re wears and sticks to classics that work for her not trends. 

LOL no. There's no defending Kate when it comes to her wardrobe. It's excessive and out of control and one of the main critiques against Kate. Anyone sensible is able to realize that she overspends by a lot and buys a ridiculous amount of similar looking clothing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, viii said:

LOL no. There's no defending Kate when it comes to her wardrobe. It's excessive and out of control and one of the main critiques against Kate. Anyone sensible is able to realize that she overspends by a lot and buys a ridiculous amount of similar looking clothing. 

When you are a die-hard fan of Kate, it doesn't matter that she overspends. She looks good and that's all that matters. 

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Indeed.  They could take lessons from Anne.  However, Meghan outspent Kate during her time with the BRF.  

If you believe the British tabloids, that is. 

If you believe the British tabloids, Meghan also touched her bump too much, ate too many avocados, and looked in the camera too often.

Just an all-around baddie! You'd think they'd be happy she's thousands of miles away, but they still continue to churn out stories about her. She gets way more coverage than Kate and Wills ever do! 

Meghan pays for her own clothes. If you work for money, you can spend it how you like. Kate has never worn an outfit that she paid for herself. Her clothes are paid for by store clerks working 12-hour shifts, and waitresses in chippies who are on their feet frying fish all day. She's spending their money.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TN-peach said:

All of this talk of nannies has me thinking "but what does the nanny DO?".  In Christine's voice from Sister Wives. 

(not really a serious question because I realize everyone in the BRF and wealthy people just have them because well, they do.)

I love my one and only child to pieces... AND I would hire a nanny in an instant if I could afford one. Parents, spend time  away from your kids as long as they are lovingly looked after and enjoy it!

As for Kate‘s wardrobe, I do think her royal duties put a few demands on it but she would be fine for any event in the next five years without buying one new piece - except in case of her own coronation.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I have a very good friend who grew up with nannies and later went to boarding school. His mom is delight, and his dad ensured he wanted for nothing, but he is almost 40 and still struggles with abandonment issues.  It deeply affected him, and not for the best, and I find it fascinating to watch him with his own kids.  He is so involved in their lives and super hands on. I sometimes think he and Harry could commiserate on a few things…

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

I think having a nanny is a fine balance. There's nothing wrong with having one, especially if you don't have a lot of family nearby or don't expect your family to pitch in and help. It takes a village to raise a child though, and if you can afford the help, then more power to you. But I do think it's a fine line between having someone help out with your children and having someone essentially raise your children for you. Luckily, we don't see this in the BRF in this generation, everyone seems to be pretty hands-on parenting from what we see. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

Wow.  They really can’t let it go.  That’s recycling an awful lot of material.  It was what, 5 years ago now? It’s a pity the only thing they seem to feel makes them at all relevant or interesting is their ties to the BRF.  Family drama is fun for the public once, but I think it gets old after a while.  

Also, I feel like the W&K and H&M threads got mixed up somehow.  

• Upvote 5

Per multiple sources Meghan Markle will be writing her own tell all memoir. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/meghan-markle-bombshell-revelations-kate-195129764.html

There's also a rumor that the first three drafts were rejected as nothing new or relevant.  

2 hours ago, treehugger said:

Also, I feel like the W&K and H&M threads got mixed up somehow.  

I just moved some of the posts to the opposite thread so hopeully they are now in the right one.

• Upvote 4

On 10/23/2023 at 7:49 AM, TN-peach said:

Christine is my favorite part of Sister Wives and she had a very good point. Not too many stay at home mothers have nannies. 😄

That being said, I totally get why celebrities, royals and other wealthy and high profile people have them even if they don't really need full time care. It's not like you can get the teenaged neighbor to babysit for you. It's a security and privacy issue for them. Also they may need overnight care etc. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

15 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

So she’s actually not that much smarter than Harry. Pity. 

Just imagine the advance she'd get.  My goodness, it would be huge.

I guess making millions on a book, like Harry did, is now considered a "dumb" thing to do. Same with making millions by the time you are 35. It's also dumb to attend Northwesten, which has an acceptance rate of 7%. 

Can't think of a single royal who has done any of these things! But ok, they're the smart ones.

However, this news is  likely just tabloid fodder--nothing makes them money like a H&M story.

(But H&M are irrelevant.)

6 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

There's also a rumor that the first three drafts were rejected as nothing new or relevant.  

9 hours ago, treehugger said:

What's the end game here? Bully her until what happens? What's your goal?

I'm glad it makes you happy that some slight bit of bad news made her feel bad. I think it's all fiction, though.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1

Anything we've heard and seen suggests that Mike and Carole (Kate's parents) are a lot more hands-on with the Wales children than Doria is with the Sussex children. There have been multiple times when Harry and Meghan have been out of town and Doria has been photographed in LA doing her own thing (which she is entitled to). So I would say that yes, both children are being raised somewhat by nannies and parents alike. 

• Upvote 5

It’s so weird to me that we must constantly compare the Sussexes and the PPoW. Like if Harry and Meghan get criticized for something there is an immediate comparison to Will and Kate about that same thing, and vice versa.  It’s just so weird! I’m younger than both of them, and if someone constantly compared my to my siblings, I’d hate it. We are not the same people.

And frankly, it’s bizzare to have drag the dregs of gossip mags to find articles from years ago showing that Kate/Meghan also has the same problem. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

On 10/23/2023 at 10:44 PM, prayawaythefundie said:

Trying to decide which I would hate more to spend a day at: horse race or car race? Two of the most boring things I could ever think of. Meghan is probably with me on that.

I used to think the same thing, especially watching on TV. I actually used F1 races to curb my insomnia when I was working late hours in hospitality. Then the racing season finished and I found a new series that was actually interesting. Went to 2 race events over the years and it is so, so much more fun than watching on TV. Still not a petrol head and still only enjoy very select series.

On the other hand, I’m scared of horses, so nothing about a day at a racetrack appeals to me.

• Upvote 2

On 10/22/2023 at 9:51 PM, tabitha2 said:

If she had continued in the RF that spendiness would probably have eventually stopped if her father in law was fitting the bill. He advocates quality over quantity and investing in  expensive  tailored pieces that can be reworn for years in some cases. 

He hasn't stopped Kate.  

I'd never want my FIL telling me how much I can buy. I can understand the urge to flee and be your own boss. Who wants to beg a 74 year old man for clothing money? No grown adult with any self-respect would want to do that.

Charles is frugal when he comes to paying his servants. He has no trouble flaunting his own wealth around people who earn $20,000 a year and live in dilapidated servants quarters.

Released tomorrow, a mindblowing story by the Byline Times about Megxit. This is the site that revealed Dan Wootton's nefarious activities. It looks like terrible, terrible PR for the palace.

https://bylinetimes.com/2023/10/25/exploding-megxit-how-dan-wootton-and-a-cash-for-leaks-scandal-split-the-monarchy/

It's a pretty ugly story.

The "claims about Wootton" they're talking about? 

Dan paid Will's press secretary thousands of pounds, for information on Archie's nannies, and stuff like that.

The press secretary gave this information to his partner, who sold it to Dan for thousands of pounds.

Someone tipped Harry off, and he filed a lawsuit. When he wouldn't remove the press secretary's name, Charles cut him off. The Byline Times has emails documenting it all.

ScreenShot2023-10-25at7_57_22PM.png.053a7190372e9ce92b50ca419e678ece.png

Edited by Destiny

Harry in Family Guy: "I shouldn't have left the made up nonsense"

the clip is in the beginning, you can skip the talking heads in the end, they're not saying anything interesting

• Haha 2
  • Thank You 3

On 10/26/2023 at 1:06 AM, AmazonGrace said:

Harry in Family Guy: "I shouldn't have left the made up nonsense"

the clip is in the beginning, you can skip the talking heads in the end, they're not saying anything interesting

Thank you for posting this!

It's much more fun to bully a young family than to read about how William leaked stories to the press about them.

He bullied them, you bullied them. . . it's like a game. A fun one!

Wow, Prince Harry has been chosen to be a Board Member of African Parks Network. He won this honor because of his conservation work with this group. By "work", I don't mean cutting ribbons and shaking hands.

Didn't William want Africa to "be his"? (He seemed to believe Africa was a thing you could own).  He must be annoyed. I imagine there are plates smashing in KP today!

https://www.africanparks.org/about-us/our-people/prince-harry-duke-sussex#:~:text=In 2023%2C after serving six,Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic