IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 16

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

No but he (and you) might want to stop acting like he was her only son and the only one traumatized.

Both were traumatized, of course. William’s temper and infidelities may be an unhealthy coping mechanism. He’d be far better off sharing his truth, I hope he does, maybe to Rose.

On 9/9/2023 at 3:12 PM, tabitha2 said:

She gonna let him sink or swim on his own.

Didn’t happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, viii said:

Yes - Beyonce, Katie Holmes, Benedict Cumberbatch and his wife... Meghan isn't the first one to fall victim to these ridiculous conspiracies and she unfortunately won't be the last. 

Boris and Carrie Johnson's children are apparently surrogates or dolls or whatever ridiculousness suits the detractor's priors. Any parents who take care to guard their children's privacy (by limiting the number of photos released, only releasing photos that don't show the child's face, or whatever), get accused of faking their children. It's ridiculous whoever they level the accusation at and could really mess up a child.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I don't know where it came from that Meghan wasn't going to Invictus, but she did. She was scheduled to go later and that's what she did.

So much for the "brand speration". I think the tabloids are very desperate for content on these two and create their own narratives.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I think the tabloids are very desperate for content on these two and create their own narratives.

Ding ding ding. 

H & M have been laying low, which is what people claim they want (make them go away!!!!) but then people complain when the media invents stories about them because they know stories about H & M are surefire click bait. MESS. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Stories about Harry & Meghan are clickbait. Stories about William & Kate are gospel. Got it.

Who said that?? Don’t be putting words in my mouth. 

W & K get a shit ton of click bait articles as well, usually about a fourth baby from what I see. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, viii said:

Who said that?? Don’t be putting words in my mouth. 

W & K get a shit ton of click bait articles as well, usually about a fourth baby from what I see. 

I was actually referencing our resident troll and her friend with their love for the Rose rumor.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I was actually referencing our resident troll and her friend with their love for the Rose rumor.

Actually, I hope the Rose rumor is untrue. It certainly wouldn't be good for the Wales children. 

On 8/31/2023 at 10:36 AM, Jackie3 said:

Well, he's done a heck of a lot more for veterans than his brother, or his father, or any of us, for that matter. 

Military partnership | Armed Forces support | The Prince's Trust (princes-trust.org.uk)

Build more than business. Build a network. (princestrust.ca)

Defence Members & Their Families (princes-trust.org.au)

Maybe Charles isn't/wasn't holding hands but his Prince's trust does provide resources for veterans.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

They provide resources and a big name and face then let the various charities, trusts, foundations Eta do what they need to do to assist Veterans. As they should do. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Military partnership | Armed Forces support | The Prince's Trust (princes-trust.org.uk)

Build more than business. Build a network. (princestrust.ca)

Defence Members & Their Families (princes-trust.org.au)

Maybe Charles isn't/wasn't holding hands but his Prince's trust does provide resources for veterans.

Harry puts in the hours and genuinely seems to care. The other royals give their names, which takes very little effort on their part.

William couldn't even be bothered to support the women's team that made it to the World Cup. When real effort was required, he bailed. And it was a once-in-a-lifetime event!

In contrast, Harry flew all the way to Germany for an annual event.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

They provide resources and a big name and face then let the various charities, trusts, foundations Eta do what they need to do to assist Veterans. As they should do. 

They might be providing resources but are they actually a big name and face? Majority of people don't even know their input exists. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Guess I'm reading the wrong tabloids. Who is Rose?

Oh please no.  If you must take it to the Willaim and Catherine thread.  It was something someone posted on Twitter (?) and almost immediately took down and recanted..

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Hmm, the tabloids now saying William and Harry are in a PR war. William stole Harry's thunder by appearing on Mike Tindall's podcast the day Invictus started. Harry meeting with a NATO delegation to Invictus is stealing William's thunder ahead of William speaking at the UN next week.

Really, why do they assume everything these people do is to piss off the others?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

They make it sound like it's so rare that any of these princes do anything that if they both happen to have an activity during the same month or so, it can't be a coincidence.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Hmm, the tabloids now saying William and Harry are in a PR war. William stole Harry's thunder by appearing on Mike Tindall's podcast the day Invictus started. Harry meeting with a NATO delegation to Invictus is stealing William's thunder ahead of William speaking at the UN next week.

Really, why do they assume everything these people do is to piss off the others?

The tabloids need drama to write about so they create it.

I personally think the podcast/relatively last minute decision to hop over to France & watch Rugby was in reaction to the bad press William got for not supporting the women’s team in Australia https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12481589/Kate-Middleton-Prince-William-set-attend-Rugby-World-Cup-matches-France-row-Princes-decision-snub-Lionesses-World-Cup-final.html.
But if the plan is to try to steal the Sussexes thunder by scheduling competing events (something Diana actually did do back in the day) they need a plan B because as Tindall’s podcast demonstrates the Wales just aren’t very charismatic & the very nature of the role they play dictates that they not be controversial & thus by definition they will always be less ‘newsworthy’ than the rogue couple who escaped the gilded cage.

Did you watch Tindall’s podcast? Anne was her usual bitchy but interesting self - her comment to Kate about how easy it was to watch Wimbledon depending on who you sat next to was probably a dig at Meghan & if so, it’s a good thing Harry & Meghan decamped rather than be surrounded by that kind of petty bs, William was his usual boring self, & public speaking is still not Kate’s strong suit.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

They make it sound like it's so rare that any of these princes do anything that if they both happen to have an activity during the same month or so, it can't be a coincidence.

I mean, it is actually rare that William does anything 😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, sndral said:

Anne was her usual bitchy but interesting self - her comment to Kate about how easy it was to watch Wimbledon depending on who you sat next to was probably a dig at Meghan

I took that to mean you can‘t cheer for the Spanish finalist‘s opponent too loudly while sitting next to the king of Spain. 😄

Anne can be bitchy but I don‘t believe Meghan to be on her mind a lot these days and Meghan hasn‘t been to Wimbledon in quite a while.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I took that to mean you can‘t cheer for the Spanish finalist‘s opponent too loudly while sitting next to the king of Spain. 😄

Anne can be bitchy but I don‘t believe Meghan to be on her mind a lot these days and Meghan hasn‘t been to Wimbledon in quite a while.

I’d forgotten about that, I hope that’s what Anne was referring to. I wouldn’t have thought anything about it, but Kate’s reaction to the remark caught my attention.

I like Anne’s direct, no nonsense, at times bitchy approach over the passive aggressive sweet to your face while they stab you in the back types.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, viii said:

I mean, it is actually rare that William does anything 😂

Just using your post as a jumping point @viii. But both the Court Circular and the Royal Diaries are published and updated on a daily basis. Most of these events aren't televised outside the local BBC/ITV areas because they are of limited interest to the general public.  

• Thank You 2
  • Love 1

On 9/14/2023 at 4:57 PM, Jackie3 said:

Harry puts in the hours and genuinely seems to care. The other royals give their names, which takes very little effort on their part.

William couldn't even be bothered to support the women's team that made it to the World Cup. When real effort was required, he bailed. And it was a once-in-a-lifetime event!

In contrast, Harry flew all the way to Germany for an annual event.

I wouldn't have known about the Invictus Games if several sub-reddits weren't talking about it. As such, given the limited and often short snippets of video material I am not in a position to fairly judge if he does care or not. 

Should William have attended to World Cup final? I'm not sure. Protocol issues aside, i.e. can't go until the king makes his first official tour, IMHO a stupid rule, he was in one of those "Damned if you do and damned if you don't" positions.

Fly commercial or private? Carbon footprint issues given Earthshot trips to New York and Singapore coming up soon.

A better compromise would have been watching in a public space either as a couple or family but I'm not sure if there were anything like this happening at the time.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Just using your post as a jumping point @viii. But both the Court Circular and the Royal Diaries are published and updated on a daily basis. Most of these events aren't televised outside the local BBC/ITV areas because they are of limited interest to the general public.  

Apart from that, just a quick count on the Wales‘ official instagram will tell you that William had 9 public engagements since September 7th. That does not include any team meetings or desk work. 

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic