IGNORED

Arndts (Safe at Home) 7: Waiting on Wedding Photos

Coconut Flan

On 11/6/2023 at 12:15 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Arndts sure do come across as likable fundies. I feel like we are the only ones that see the weirdness. 

Mike Johnson syndrome. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s interesting how they all got engaged in order of age. Oldest to youngest. I’m sure they will stick to that pattern when the last two get married. Once these four are married, I’ll be wondering who will be next to show up with a girlfriend. 

I hope it's Wizzy

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s interesting how they all got engaged in order of age. Oldest to youngest. I’m sure they will stick to that pattern when the last two get married. Once these four are married, I’ll be wondering who will be next to show up with a girlfriend. 

They’ll probably have kids in age order too. 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

They’ll probably have kids in age order too. 

Since it’s harder to plan that, they might not fall in line perfectly. Someone might deal with some infertility. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AverageGiraffe said:

I hope it's Wizzy

Those Arndt brides would surely have a lot of brothers!   

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Those Arndt brides would surely have a lot of brothers!   

Most seem to come from average sized families. Wizzy might only have a couple to choose from. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2023 at 12:54 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Traditionally the mother of the groom wears beige and keeps her mouth shut. I guess Kathy is traditional. 

Obligatory "late to the comment party" disclaimer ....

During my 20+ years as a wedding planner, my motto for mothers of the groom was:
     "Show up. Shut up. Sit down. Wear beige."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

Just now, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Obligatory "late to the comment party" disclaimer ....

During my 20+ years as a wedding planner, my motto for mothers of the groom was:

As a mother of two sons, I guess I should be glad I hate being the center of attention in large groups. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

I look ghastly in beige. I wore peach to one son’s wedding and planning to wear a soft gold to the next. 

Am I in good graces with the wedding planner code of ethics and conduct? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Bassett Lady said:

I look ghastly in beige. I wore peach to one son’s wedding and planning to wear a soft gold to the next. 

Am I in good graces with the wedding planner code of ethics and conduct? 

I prefer dark colors. I would probably choose a navy or deep plum for myself. My mom wore navy to my wedding and it looked really nice. 

• Upvote 2

Could we be in for an Arndt double wedding?

Now that 30% of the siblings will be married it may make it easier for the rest to find mates. They'll no longer be the giant family with all the single brothers.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, justmy2cents said:

Could we be in for an Arndt double wedding?

Now that 30% of the siblings will be married it may make it easier for the rest to find mates. They'll no longer be the giant family with all the single brothers.

One of the fiancées is Indian so she might want to include some Indian wedding traditions Courtney may not want. I bet they stay separate. 

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

One of the fiancées is Indian so she might want to include some Indian wedding traditions Courtney may not want. I bet they stay separate. 

You have a good point. I was just thinking with the engagements being so close it might be a thought.

On 11/14/2023 at 12:17 PM, AverageGiraffe said:

I hope it's Wizzy

She's about 26, right? 2015 thread she turned 18 that year). 

Maybe she can find a husband from this group of brothers in this Michigan family. However, they are Catholic so that might upset the Arndt parents.

www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2020/06/michigan-family-with-14-sons-to-be-featured-on-outdoor-lifestyle-show.html%3foutputType=amp

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Maybe she can find a husband from this group of brothers in this Michigan family. However, they are Catholic so that might upset the Arndt parents.

www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2020/06/michigan-family-with-14-sons-to-be-featured-on-outdoor-lifestyle-show.html%3foutputType=amp

Weren't the Arendt's orginially Catholic?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 11/21/2023 at 6:00 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

Interesting.  They got married right out of high school but they did go to college.   She has a master's degree in social work, he's a lawyer.  

They look like they have more fun than the Arndts, because the dad probably isn't crazily obsessed with keeping the boys "safe at home". 

• Upvote 4

On 11/22/2023 at 1:00 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

Their first daughter was born in 2020. Poor girl.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else find it a bit strange that after years of no girls suddenly multiple of them are married/engaged/dating? Do you think that they did some sort of Christian Mingle group deal?

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JMO said:

Anyone else find it a bit strange that after years of no girls suddenly multiple of them are married/engaged/dating? Do you think that they did some sort of Christian Mingle group deal?

I admit that a long time ago, I said that once one starts in a serious relationship, the rest will follow. And I said it because I think humans are predisposed to that kind of thing. It’s like divorce in a friend group. They say if one couple divorces in a group of friends, it more likely another will follow. As if it’s contagious. But of course thats not true. You don’t catch divorce. It’s normal human behavior to be much more open about a new life change if you see someone you are close to go through it. Luke Arndt was the first. All the boys watched as it developed. They saw how mom and dad reacted. They saw how he interacted with her. They saw how happy they seemed. So now they had a template. They knew how to go about it in the weird Arndt family. They had an idea of what mom and dad approved of. So it seemed easier and less anxiety producing. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, JMO said:

Anyone else find it a bit strange that after years of no girls suddenly multiple of them are married/engaged/dating?

and 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Luke Arndt was the first. All the boys watched as it developed. They saw how mom and dad reacted. They saw how he interacted with her. They saw how happy they seemed. So now they had a template. They knew how to go about it in the weird Arndt family.

It's simultaneously completely normal and totally weird/creepy, which summarizes the entire Arndt paradox for me. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

and 

It's simultaneously completely normal and totally weird/creepy, which summarizes the entire Arndt paradox for me. 

If you look at all the big fundie families, it seems to happen similarly when it comes to breaking rules. Zach was the first to kiss before marriage. Sure he got some shit for it. But his parents didn’t disown him or anything. And all of his brothers have seemed to follow. They know they won’t get in trouble for it thanks to Zach. Jill Duggar was the first to wear pants publicly. She got major shit for it from JB, but she still paved the way for the others. And now all the adult sisters wear pants publicly. 

• Upvote 7

So do we think all these men had secret crushes that they felt unempowered to do anything about until the first one broke the streak?  It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Cathy decided that she was ready for grandchildren and she and Rick told the boys to go forth and find brides. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, JMO said:

So do we think all these men had secret crushes that they felt unempowered to do anything about until the first one broke the streak?  It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Cathy decided that she was ready for grandchildren and she and Rick told the boys to go forth and find brides. 

Oh I’m sure they had plenty of crushes. And to be honest, I always figured there were girls they were interested in and might have lightly pursued. I say that because they were not completely isolated. They traveled for work and met new people all the time. They are not extreme introverts. They are generally friendly and approachable. And none of them are unattractive looking. Plus they all seem to have some sort of job and aren’t shiftless losers. It was only a matter of time before one married and they all followed. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7