IGNORED

Arndts (Safe at Home) 7: Waiting on Wedding Photos

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Bassett Lady said:

I am happy for Jacob and Jo. Their engagement picture is sweet and their affection for each other is genuine. 
The picture, however, brought to mind another picture, especially because of their familial obsession with penguins 🐧.

When a boy penguin and a girl penguin love each other very much, the boy penguin...

How that woman had 12 children and shows no signs of varicose veins is beyond me. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

11 minutes ago, Howl said:

When a boy penguin and a girl penguin love each other very much, the boy penguin...

How that woman had 12 children and shows no signs of varicose veins is beyond me. 

14 children, and yes I agree.  I'm a few years younger than Mama Arndt, have zero kids, but sadly do not rock my short, shorts the way she can!!😅

• Upvote 10

They grew the Arndt boys tall.  Jo is wearing heels and is still a head shorter than Jacob.

Not a dis as I'm 10 inches shorter than Mr. Dress, a foot shorter when he's wearing his boots

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

They grew the Arndt boys tall.  Jo is wearing heels and is still a head shorter than Jacob.

Not a dis as I'm 10 inches shorter than Mr. Dress, a foot shorter when he's wearing his boots

Although I'm sure the man-boys are tall Jo is Asian-Indian, she may be quite petite, perhaps about 5 feet.  I see on her Facebook page she is  in a biology Masters program, wonder how Rick feels about that.  Imagine that Rick, one can be safe, and  "good Christian" even when not at home!

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, Howl said:

I keep comparing this to the now largely irrelevant and curmudgeonly Stevehovah, who couldn't really be bothered to celebrate his daughters' marriages. 

He could've changed out of his track pants for an official pic but I agree they at least all put on a friendly face. I hope that the fact Jo is between her fiancé and his mom means she understands the family dynamic and is putting down boundaries.

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, MariaariaM said:

He could've changed out of his track pants for an official pic but I agree they at least all put on a friendly face.

He looks like a friendly neighbour who walked past a photo shoot and wanted a picture taken with the happy couple since he has known the groom since he was a small kid. Rick's attire here actually reminds me of Pa Niednagel (father of Jeremy and Jordan) who always, always wore ill-fitting track suit in official family photos where everyone else was wearing carefully coordinated clothes. However, as far as we know he was pretty sick so maybe those were the only clothes he felt comfortable in.

At least Rick and Cathy look genuinely happy for the couple. And good for Jo for standing between Jacob and his mother's hand!

Edited by LurkerOverThePond
  • Upvote 9

I want to say there’s a full ten year age gap between James and Paige. They are getting married to dat at 25 and 35 years old. I’m guessing there’s a similar age gap between Luke and Catie. 

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Two down, 12 to go.  Any bets on when the first grandchild will make an appearance? 😜

Judging by the gleam in his eye,  about 9 months  after they get some alone time. 

Edited by Bassett Lady
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, hollyandivy said:

She is very pretty and they look genuinely happy. And 9 months would be my guess as well....

All of the 4 girls in relationships with Arndt boys are pretty. I have a feeling all of these brides will always be conventionally beautiful. I can’t help but assume the immature Arndt males are at least a bit superficial. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Hopefully I'm just reading too much into this. I'm uncomfortable how young all the women are in relation to the men! I get they probably want children but it squicks me out that each of them have found someone significantly younger. 

(post that not actually knowing the age difference of all of them so maybe I'm making more of it than there is)

• Upvote 6

Luke- 38 (don’t know, but would say Catie is 10 years younger as a guess)

James- 35 (wife is 25)

Jacob- 30 (fiancé could be 24 based on FB)

Nathan- 28 (so he may not be much older than Courtney) 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 15

Ten years isn’t too much of a gap as long as the younger person is at least 22-25. That’s especially true when they want multiple kids, with the man old enough to provide for the family and the woman young enough to bear the children.

• Upvote 9

My husband and I are 9 years apart. It works fine for us. Probably because when we met, I was in grad school at age 24 and he was 33. But if we had met when I was 18 and he was 27, it wouldn’t have worked at all. I think you have to be in similar places in life. I also think the Arndt guys might not be as mature as their actual age. So they might be on similar levels as their younger girlfriends. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Nothing to see here. I tried to link a Tik Tok from Suzy Dent here and failed miserably.

Edited by Katzchen24
  • Upvote 1

The Arndts did make a very professional looking ball field on their property. And a real pickle ball court. If you build it, they will come (potential mates). 

1DD82D97-BFBD-4D9D-A83B-B2B0B6F6A2CB.jpeg

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 8

It looks like Mama Arndt has traded in her daisy dukes for a tennis pickleball skort. Her legs still look great, though.

Spoiler

image.png.c6780bdfbb6de8140f045e3c7bba248b.png

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

38 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

It looks like Mama Arndt has traded in her daisy dukes for a tennis pickleball skort. Her legs still look great, though.

Hide contents

image.png.c6780bdfbb6de8140f045e3c7bba248b.png

I bet they built the pickleball court for her and Wizzy since I don’t think they play softball with the boys. 

It’s interesting how they all got engaged in order of age. Oldest to youngest. I’m sure they will stick to that pattern when the last two get married. Once these four are married, I’ll be wondering who will be next to show up with a girlfriend. 

• Upvote 4