IGNORED

Arndts (Safe at Home) 7: Waiting on Wedding Photos

Coconut Flan

I’m surprised they went all the way to Azerbaijan. 

E78F05CA-49ED-4C39-A39D-A9461F122496.jpeg

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m surprised they went all the way to Azerbaijan.

Whoa. That's a high level of commitment! :shock:

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Whoa. That's a high level of commitment! :shock:

Mail order bride found on internet???

• Upvote 9

32 minutes ago, gustava said:

I was thinking that also. 

• Upvote 5

36 minutes ago, gustava said:

Online dating apparently 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

They would be good candidates for 90 Day Fiancé 😬

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

They would get SO MANY views. But of course every episode would take 20 years to film.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 25

Whatever happened to Vine Valley, and more importantly what do the new wives and finances think about it? Inquiring minds want to know!🤔😂

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 8

So their engagement day looks very much like a wedding day. This is very confusing. Especially since that’s Philips left hand with a ring on his ring finger. Just say they got married overseas and will have the big wedding later. People won’t be mad.

BAFF4481-40E2-4EDB-A7A8-FEEDE07AE36A.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

On 3/15/2024 at 9:44 AM, gustava said:

I am very curious how a Christian fundy US male can determine that his future bride in a country that is 97% Muslim is really his compatible flavor of Christian fundamentalism, and isn't just catfishing him. I guess he would just need to ask her lots of theological verses and she would need to recite lots of (King James) version) Bible Verses to him?  How does he determine she was attending the appropriation kind of church?  What if Aynur's dad isn't Christian fundy too?

I hope that they honeymooned in one of several valleys in Azerbaijan that are famous for wine. A Vine Valley, as it were.

And finally: image.thumb.png.c8dfccdb7c93cf60cf03d1b5556de3a7.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1

On 2/17/2024 at 4:16 AM, Expectopatronus said:

I dislike giving kids the same name because I think it indicates that parents don’t necessarily see them as individuals. Similar names, fine but not basically identical. I have a set of twins in my school with basically identical names (think Danielle and Daniella, not their actual names) and both have the middle name Summer. Their clothes and backpacks also match. Poor kids are being set up for identity crises. 

My boys playgroup had an Olivia who had twin brothers Oliver and Laurence. I often wondered if the parents were secretly theatrical. 

• Haha 8

Re wedding speculation: I‘m wondering if it‘s easier for Aynur to get the spousal CR1 visa than the K1 fiancée one to immigrate into the US?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I am very curious how a Christian fundy US male can determine that his future bride in a country that is 97% Muslim is really his compatible flavor of Christian fundamentalism, and isn't just catfishing him

Yeah, this. Not so much catfishing I guess as opening up options. Either way it's a different meeting, and not at all a country I would have expected him to meet someone in. (Then again I read a book about Kazakhstan which opened with a 60-something American man moving to Kazakhstan to be with the woman he'd met through online dating, so possibly more common than I realise.)

• Upvote 7

RECKLESSLY DRIVING THE ISB/IBS

She pops out an anchor  baby or two, divorces him in less than 5 years, starts her own business.....

• Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 4

17 hours ago, gustava said:

RACISTLY

FTFY.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

FTFY.

Would it be racist if she were British or German or Polish or Russian?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, gustava said:

Would it be racist if she were British or German or Polish or Russian?

"anchor baby" is considered by many to be a racist term, and is usually applied to undocumented immigrants. We have no evidence that Aynur is coming to the US illegally.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 3/23/2024 at 9:05 AM, gustava said:

She pops out an anchor  baby or two, divorces him in less than 5 years, starts her own business.....

Anchor babies were never a thing. It’s a myth that needs to die. It makes no difference if Aynur somehow illegally enters the US and gives birth. That baby will not change her documentation status. And anchor baby is a racist term. It’s racist because it's been historically used by the white American majority to describe undocumented black and brown immigrants who entered America and gave birth. 

Edited by Pancakes@Tiffany's
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

I thought there was a travel advisory against Azerbaijan due to the ongoing conflicts in the region. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I thought there was a travel advisory against Azerbaijan due to the ongoing conflicts in the region. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/azerbajian-travel-advisory.html  Yes, but their pictures were from downtown Baku, which is a long ways away from the problem areas in the advisory.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

Anchor babies were never a thing. It’s a myth that needs to die. It makes no difference if Aynur somehow illegally enters the US and gives birth. That baby will not change her documentation status. And anchor baby is a racist term. It’s racist because it's been historically used by the white American majority to describe undocumented black and brown immigrants who entered America and gave birth. 

I’ve never heard the term before; what does it mean? 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

I’ve never heard the term before; what does it mean? 

It's used to describe a baby born on American soil to an undocumented mother for the soul purpose of the mother remaining in America. All babies born in America automatically become US citizens, so the baby is said to become the "anchor" holding the undocumented mother in America. I have to repeat that it's a myth. The mother will be deported if she's undocumented, regardless of a baby. The baby can stay in America as a citizen, but not the mother if she's undocumented.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

7 minutes ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

It's used to describe a baby born on American soil to an undocumented mother for the soul purpose of the mother remaining in America. All babies born in America automatically become US citizens, so the baby is said to become the "anchor" holding the undocumented mother in America. I have to repeat that it's a myth. The mother will be deported if she's undocumented, regardless of a baby. The baby can stay in America as a citizen, but not the mother if she's undocumented.

Unless your name is Lydia Bates, and your family has some power backing it. 🙄

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Unless your name is Lydia Bates, and your family has some power backing it. 🙄

That will continue to anger me. But I bet you can’t use the words white privilege around that family. 😒

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Totally off topic question regarding the thread title (because I keep seeing that and have been wondering about it for a while): I thought “waiting on” someone meant like bringing food at a restaurant, and if you are waiting for someone or something to happen it’s “waiting for”. But I keep seeing the term “waiting on” in the context of waiting (rather than being served). Can you simply use both interchangeably?

I am not a native speaker, so maybe that’s why I am confused.