IGNORED

Arndts (Safe at Home) 7: Waiting on Wedding Photos

Coconut Flan

On 12/28/2023 at 10:07 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s funny because I think she and Rick always wanted grandkids. But the whole getting married thing is the problem, lol. 

Same here.  I think Rich/Cathy always envisioned having grandchildren but didn't seem to think that the whole "safe at home" idea would cause a bit of an obstacle to that. 

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 5:29 AM, AmazonGrace said:

naming your twins Heaven and Nevaeh sound like the perfect set up for a good twin and a bad twin story

"yeah, her name is Heaven, and hers is too but  backward."

Well, there's always Nevaeh and Natasha. Nevaeh spelled backwards is "Heaven". Natasha spelled backwards is "Ah Satan". :giggle:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 33
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...

I dislike giving kids the same name because I think it indicates that parents don’t necessarily see them as individuals. Similar names, fine but not basically identical. I have a set of twins in my school with basically identical names (think Danielle and Daniella, not their actual names) and both have the middle name Summer. Their clothes and backpacks also match. Poor kids are being set up for identity crises. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 3

On 1/4/2024 at 9:10 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I don't think this has been addressed here:

Did the married boys (sorry but they are still boys) move out of the mothership into their own homes with their wives?

I think the more important question is:  do the married couples have penguin sheets?  It would  be mega adorbs if they had penguin sheets with matching penguin lamps, with fluffy  penguin slippers, with a penguin theme bedside rug. Of course there is a penguin-theme bedroom account on Pinterest.  I  hope Rick did have The Talk with the soon to be married boys; otherwise one of them might be googling "cloaca" and waiting for his wife to lay an egg.  

I'll leave you with this: 

Screenshot 2024-02-17 6.22.36 AM.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 21

Luke and Catherine are having a baby. Due August 2024. First pregnancy ended in miscarriage in Sept they named Baby Hope

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 24

I just looked up the registry for Nathan and Courtney. Their wedding is July 27.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 11

• 3 weeks later...

I can’t decide if Jeanne is seeing one of the brothers or is she’s just BFFs with her sister and Wizzy. Because she’s always at the Arndt Home. There are plenty of guys for her to choose from. And she’s beautiful. The Arndt boys seem to only go for the most beautiful of fundie girls. 

7341F3DE-D580-4B0F-8D1A-53C2EF31AC66.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

Jumpsuit Sunday? Is this actually a thing where they live or is it just an Arndt thing? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

6 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

Jumpsuit Sunday? Is this actually a thing where they live or is it just an Arndt thing? 

It’s got to be an Arndt thing. Even Jeanne and Wizzy are wearing the exact same jumpsuit. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Another Arndt wedding to plan. This is #5. But I’m guessing this might be a different kind of engagement since she lives overseas. 

669194C9-3995-473B-89CC-422FBB8B585C.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 13

Wonder if there is any hope that the oldest three (Paul, John, and Mark) will find spouses, they're all in their early to mid-forties now. I know Luke is the 4th son, and I think James is son number 5, does anyone know the birth order of the three currently engaged sons?

• Upvote 5

#4 Luke married first 

#6 James married second

#7 Philip just got engaged 

#9 Jacob got engaged third so he will probably marry third.

#10 Nathan got engaged fourth so he will probably marry fourth. However their registry says July 27 and Jacob doesn’t have a registry yet so maybe they are next. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 15

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

#4 Luke married first 

#6 James married second

#7 Philip just got engaged 

#9 Jacob got engaged third so he will probably marry third.

#10 Nathan got engaged fourth so he will probably marry fourth. However their registry says July 27 and Jacob doesn’t have a registry yet so maybe they are next. 

Is Jude older than James? Who's number 5?

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Is Jude older than James? Who's number 5?

Jude is #5.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

I felt kinda let down when the Arndts began to demystify by a few of them getting married.  Now they are ALL getting married and it's just as weird, maybe even weirder because you know all of these brides have to be intensely religious, purity zealots like the boys. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

It’s amazing to me how many of the Arndt’s sons are getting married. I honestly thought none of them would have married. 

• Upvote 7

This relationship has been know since November. Or at least I have known anyway

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 3

5 hours ago, RebeccaRay said:

This relationship has been know since November. Or at least I have known anyway

Yes, but the engagement is new. 

6 hours ago, Howl said:

I felt kinda let down when the Arndts began to demystify by a few of them getting married.  Now they are ALL getting married and it's just as weird, maybe even weirder because you know all of these brides have to be intensely religious, purity zealots like the boys. 

My guess is that fear of the unknown likely got to them. They didn’t know how mom and dad would react. They only knew what their normal was. And for many many years, normal was living at home, playing softball, working as photographers and stenographers, and being single. Luke is likely one of the bravest of the bunch because he was the first. He took the plunge. Once the brothers saw that it wasn’t a disaster and it was a positive experience, they wanted to get a girlfriend too. The thing is, single fundie women outnumber single fundie men by a lot. Ask any fundie woman in fundieland and they will tell you the same. So I’m sure the Arndts had plenty of godly young ladies to choose from. They question is just that they might not have the exact fundie flavor as weird Rick. That would be the biggest issue. But the girls are all young enough to bend some of their beliefs to the Arndt way. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 14

Yes, but the engagement is new. 

Maybe to you. Like I said I've known about this relationship and engagement  since November. He's posted about it in his fb that they were engaged a long time ago before these most recent posts 

• Fuck You 1
  • Eyeroll 6

40 minutes ago, RebeccaRay said:

Maybe to you. Like I said I've known about this relationship and engagement  since November. He's posted about it in his fb that they were engaged a long time ago before these most recent posts 

Yes, I remember when you posted private pictures in November and had to take them down. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

There is a kind of "dam wall breaking" aspect to it that I find fascinating from an anthropological perspective (because the Arndts are a culture unto themselves). From 0 engaged/married to 5 in 18 months. For the longest time they were this weird all-single co-dependent amorphous blob, and I thought Luke was going to be a lone wolf breaking free, but then it turned out he just sparked a different kind of groupthink where it's like a decree of "It's Time" and now they're all trying to move into the next phase of their lives together. As jermajesty said, there was a sense that they were all afraid until one paved the way and showed them how.

But also, maybe that's just because I'm watching from the outside and we had expectations based on all the other fundie families that stay home until they marry young. Realistically, five men in their 30s choosing to get married one by one isn't odd. A lot of same-age friendship groups seem to go through "wedding season" and "baby season" (and divorce season...). A lot of big families have several weddings in a row once their kids are of age. The weirdest part to me remains the fact that none of them moved out before now; being 35 and unmarried isn't weird, but being 40 and still living in your parents' house with 13 other adult siblings is. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Smee said:

There is a kind of "dam wall breaking" aspect to it that I find fascinating from an anthropological perspective (because the Arndts are a culture unto themselves). From 0 engaged/married to 5 in 18 months. For the longest time they were this weird all-single co-dependent amorphous blob, and I thought Luke was going to be a lone wolf breaking free, but then it turned out he just sparked a different kind of groupthink where it's like a decree of "It's Time" and now they're all trying to move into the next phase of their lives together. As jermajesty said, there was a sense that they were all afraid until one paved the way and showed them how.

But also, maybe that's just because I'm watching from the outside and we had expectations based on all the other fundie families that stay home until they marry young. Realistically, five men in their 30s choosing to get married one by one isn't odd. A lot of same-age friendship groups seem to go through "wedding season" and "baby season" (and divorce season...). A lot of big families have several weddings in a row once their kids are of age. The weirdest part to me remains the fact that none of them moved out before now; being 35 and unmarried isn't weird, but being 40 and still living in your parents' house with 13 other adult siblings is. 

They sort of moved out. Some of the guys bought a nearby property years ago and lived there. I also want to add that Jacob just turned 30 last year and Nathan is still in his 20s. And the 3 brothers in their 40s are still single. 

• Upvote 6

So if Philip did have a quick small wedding recently and then will have a reception later on, the order of marriages so far goes son #4, #6, #7. But Nathan might get married before Jacob. And that would throw it out of order because Jacob is #9 and Nathan is #10. 

I would love to know what the oldest three really think of all their younger brothers marrying before them. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

So if Philip did have a quick small wedding recently and then will have a reception later on, the order of marriages so far goes son #4, #6, #7. But Nathan might get married before Jacob. And that would throw it out of order because Jacob is #9 and Nathan is #10. 

I would love to know what the oldest three really think of all their younger brothers marrying before them. 

Thank you so much for keeping all these guys straight with birth order and engagement.

I have never kept the big families in order. I usually the older kids and the youngest then the middle are all just a group in my brain. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Thank you so much for keeping all these guys straight with birth order and engagement.

I have never kept the big families in order. I usually the older kids and the youngest then the middle are all just a group in my brain. 

Fundie wiki is my bff when it comes to the Arndts. It’s so helpful because 13 single fundies are really hard to keep straight.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1