IGNORED

Arndts (Safe at Home) 7: Waiting on Wedding Photos

Coconut Flan

On 11/23/2023 at 8:30 AM, MariaariaM said:

Their first daughter was born in 2020. Poor girl.

I meant the age of Wizzy. Several of the michigan family brothers have already moved out, gone to college and married. This girl will still have a lot of brothers but a more normal upbringing and maybe neices and nephews close to her age (i hope neices). 

On 11/22/2023 at 9:38 PM, Howl said:

Interesting.  They got married right out of high school but they did go to college.   She has a master's degree in social work, he's a lawyer.  

They look like they have more fun than the Arndts, because the dad probably isn't crazily obsessed with keeping the boys "safe at home". 

I know someone that knows them and they are involved in the church, kids go to school, college, have jobs, etc. Normal family in activities just a lot of kids. 

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, JMO said:

Anyone else find it a bit strange that after years of no girls suddenly multiple of them are married/engaged/dating? Do you think that they did some sort of Christian Mingle group deal?

Yes. I get the whole "one does it and the rest follow" in regards to many things. This is not one of those times. The oldest Arndts are my age - meaning they could have friends who are already grandparents. I want to know what magic Rick and Kathy have held over them for so long. This isn't one or two grown children in a family with so many children, this is every single one of them! They come across as this close-knit family but when you have that many "boys" still at home in their 30s when they have jobs and live in a low cost of living area it's weird in a "I don't even want to know what skelatons are in their closet" kind of way!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, JMO said:

So if Philip is also in a relationship, how many is that in one year, 6? 

No, it’s only 5. And Luke actually dated last year too. We first saw he and Catie sitting together a while ago. Before the other guys started dating.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

I looked at the Facebook page for the woman that Philip is in a relationship with. She is an anti-LGBTQ, anti-abortion Christian from Azerbaijan. If it’s real, it seems like a scam where she’s looking for an American husband.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, JMO said:

So if Philip is also in a relationship, how many is that in one year, 6? 

Paul is the Arndt standing next to the girl I pictured. 

8 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I looked at the Facebook page for the woman that Philip is in a relationship with. She is an anti-LGBTQ, anti-abortion Christian from Azerbaijan. If it’s real, it seems like a scam where she’s looking for an American husband.

Who are you referencing? Can you give a name? 

Just now, anjulibai said:

Joan and Jeanne? Very imaginitive parents. 

I have twin aunts Jean and Joan. The story is that the nurse at the hospital tried to talk my grandma into Jeanine and Joanne, but my grandma wasn’t having it.

11 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I believe their son is Joshua. So they went with a letter theme like so many fundies. 

I will add that I believe Joan is pronounced like Joanne based on the way it’s phonetically spelled out on her fb page. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

4 hours ago, JDuggs said:

It's not a scam. He's been traveling alot. She's from turkey and he was traveling in Turkey for the pat few months

• Thank You 1

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I once read a very touching piece in my local paper by a mom reminiscing about the lives of her much-loved twin daughters—whom she named Lynn and Linda. I also know a woman whose kids are named Ryan and Brian.

17 minutes ago, Hane said:

I once read a very touching piece in my local paper by a mom reminiscing about the lives of her much-loved twin daughters—whom she named Lynn and Linda. I also know a woman whose kids are named Ryan and Brian.

People love to match twin names. The SSA baby name list used to include the most popular twin names. I don’t know why they don’t seem to anymore. Anyway, here is an article of the list of most popular twin names from 10 years ago and most of the names are matchy. Some are way too matchy. 

https://cafemom.com/parenting/137750-150_most_popular_names_for

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Thank You 4

Some of the worst on the list are name combos like Jayda and Jayden, Oliver and Olivia, Nevaeh and Heaven, London and Paris, Jayden and Kayden, Christian and Christopher.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

Not that I want any of the man boys to procreate,  but I really hope the older three find wives, especially Mark, from the articles he used to post on the Famteam website he always sounded so desperate for a wife.

• Upvote 1

I went to school with a set of identical twins named Lori & Teri. My mother’s best friend has non-identical twin grandsons named Jacob & Jared. The boys have “J” names because their mother has a “J” name. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/25/2023 at 3:00 PM, RebeccaRay said:

It's not a scam. He's been traveling alot. She's from turkey and he was traveling in Turkey for the pat few months

I am crawling out on a limb here:  How did they meet?  Did he meet her while traveling or did he travel over there because they had connected online or some other way.  That photo of her would cause me some concern if I were the mother of the potential groom.  A definite come hither look, with kiss me lips.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, gustava said:

I am crawling out on a limb here:  How did they meet?  Did he meet her while traveling or did he travel over there because they had connected online or some other way.  That photo of her would cause me some concern if I were the mother of the potential groom.  A definite come hither look, with kiss me lips.

He was traveling. And then they started talking on video chat. And then she came here. 

12 hours ago, RebeccaRay said:

He was traveling. And then they started talking on video chat. And then she came here. 

Do you know how they connected in order to video chat?

• Confused 1

On 11/25/2023 at 4:21 PM, Hane said:

My step mom's sibling group is: Michelle, Michael, Daniel, Danielle, Robert Richard 🤨 The last two were unplanned and were referred to as Oops and Oops Brother for a long time. Sheesh. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

On 11/25/2023 at 7:46 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Twin sisters of a HS friend:  Lana and Dana (pronounced Layna and Dayna)

The name "Dana" has caused me no amount of trouble.  It is variously pronounced "Dayna" or "Dan-uh" and those named Dana WANT YOU TO GET IT RIGHT - always. 

• Upvote 1

I think the Dayna vs. Dan-uh problem is up there with the 17 ways to spell Vicky and Becky and Debby. 

From my HS (absolutely true, hand to Rufus)

Vicky, Vickie, Vicki,  Viky, Viki, Vicy, Vici, Vicie, Vickey, Vikky, Vikkie, Vikey, Vicci, Vicey, 

Becky, Beckie, Beckey, Bekkey, Bekkie, Beccie, Beky, Bekie, Beccy, Beccey, Becci, Bekki 

Debby, Debbie, Debbey, Debey, Debi, Debie, Debee, 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9

• 5 weeks later...

Mama Arndt explained the new stocking decisions, lol. Now that there are in laws, they now share a stocking with their spouse. And when babies come along, she’s going to attach little stockings to the big stocking of the parents. It’s kind of hilarious how much thought she’s put into it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 10
  • Thank You 1