IGNORED

Maxwell 57: Planning Mary's Wedding

Coconut Flan

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My guess is that these schools care most about their image. And would only enforce rules that give them a bad image. I honestly can’t imagine Anna or Mary doing something to hurt their image. I highly doubt they ever get in trouble. 

Sometimes those are the wildest ones.  I was friends with a girl in high school who was an Orthodox Jew.  She couldn't go to McDonalds, couldn't eat over anyone's house, forbidden to do anything Halloween related, or anything non Jewish related for that matter.  She could go out with other Jewish kids if her mother approved of the activity, but non Jews could do things at her house.  When she snuck out of the house for a party...  Ooof.  She put us all to shame.  She was a wild child.  

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Johannah said:

I guess that’s the nature of belonging to a religious cult. You hand over control of every aspect of your life. It’s just so creepy to see it in writing as official policy at an educational institution. 

This also allows an out to the "bad" people. The school wasn't strict enough, the school should have watched them closer. And you can change school to parents or church also.

By having all these rules and being told over and over you aren't worthy and the devil is always out get you and your are bad lustful people with no control over yourselves, it allows all who follow to never take responsibility over their actions. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I agree with all the takes on ABC's struct rules, but no matter how strict they are, Anna and Mary have more freedom now than they ever did in Stevehovah Land.

My concern is that once Mary marries, Anna will be guilted/ forced to return home to become Stevehovah' and Terified's companion and caregiver as they age.

I firmly believe Sarah was expected (maybe even groomed) to fill this role. Now that she's married and Mary will be, Anna will be expected to be the "good daughter" and step into that caregiver role.

I seriously hope that the freedom and friendships Anna has found at ABC have shown her that there is a life for her far away from Stevehovah Land.

Stay away Anna. Stay far away from Stevehovah Land

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 18

Jesse is a deacon at his church, and his Anna is having a baby  

Anna’s Baby Shower

The Countryside Women’s Ministry invites you to join us in The Commons on Saturday, April 29th at 10 AM to celebrate with Anna as she anticipates the birth of her and Jesse’s first child!

You can access their registry at Gift Giver Page (target.com) and Amazon: Baby Registry  .

Those who would like to contribute to a group gift can contact Danielle Criss by April 22nd.

Showers are a ministry intended to bless the women who are members of Countryside as they enter into this new season of life through their first marriage or first child.  (We invite ALL women of ALL ages to join us, regardless if you know Anna to “rejoice with those who rejoice” as she enters this exciting season of life.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 28
  • Love 2

I don't think Anna will return to Leavenworth when she graduates.  She's clearly enjoying herself and I'm guessing has found some career-type things she really loves to do.  Steve and Teri don't need caregivers now, so she doesn't need to feel guilted into returning for that.  I think it's far more likely that Melanie and Anna Marie will take on the caregiving roles, since they both live so close and have bunches of kids to help out.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I seriously hope that the freedom and friendships Anna has found at ABC have shown her that there is a life for her far away from Stevehovah Land.

Stay away Anna. Stay far away from Stevehovah Land

We are of one mind on this, my friend. It’s why I hope Anna gets engaged, if not promptly married. Since Mary’n’Sam have 3 years in W. Va. ahead of them, I hope they’ll provide a cover for her to stay east. Cover, not covering. Ha ha ha

The particularity of the rules governing man-woman interaction at ABC, and y’all’s’ comments on preserving the reputation, took me right back to the hypocrisy of my family of origin. 

My folks were not overly hysterical about appearances but lawd, some of my aunts and uncles were VICIOUS. SEVERELY so.  I had to leave my wedding reception early because there was decidedly unfunny talk going around that “Junebug and her husband aren’t in any hurry to leave. Aren’t they going to consummate? Or - [SEVERE sneer] - is that nothing new for them?”

My dad got flustered and hastened our exit. 

A year later, that uncle’s daughter brazenly brought home her live-in. He was no prize, but the worst thing was, Uncle half-shouted, “June? Your cousin and her guy aren’t married. But THAT’S ok, now, isn’t it?” Followed by big, unpleasant laughter  

I wasn’t one for snappy retorts to begin with, but to say I was 1,000% confused was off by 10,000%  I looked at my dad with a puzzled expression  He looked miserably embarrassed snd just gave me a shrug.

I’m so grateful I didn’t have any more contact with Uncle, et.al., than I did  Steve & Teri have reminded me of that side of my ancestry for a long time  A big part of the reason I can’t help but take it personally that they hobbled their kids. And why I exult beyond all apparent reason when I hear the kids are FREE!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 10

I’m hoping that Jesse and Anna used some sort of prevention and chose what timing was best for their family. 

Steve and Teri still have Nathan, Melanie, Chris, Anna and any of the unmarried granddaughters to help take care of them in their old age. They live so close already.  Anna won’t need to move back. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

Showers are a ministry intended to bless the women who are members of Countryside as they enter into this new season of life through their first marriage or first child.  

Guess marriage isn’t eternal after all. Who knew a Maxwell was attending such a progressive church… ;)

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Johannah said:

Guess marriage isn’t eternal after all. Who knew a Maxwell was attending such a progressive church… ;)

I wouldn’t read too much into it. By first they’re probably insinuating a person could marry a second time if they were widowed. 

• Upvote 11

Looks like Jesse and 3nna's church is fun too.  They entice you with steak!  Doesn't Joe and his family attend the same church as Jesse?  As for someone taking care of Steve and Teri sure as hell better not be Anna.  She's done enough shit for them.  Out of the three Max DILs most likely it will be Melanie, I'm sure she's done having kids plus she has three daughters over the age of 10 to help her.  NR Anna who knows what is going on with her  cancer.  Chelsey is determined to keep popping out kids until it kills her.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 8

The Bible quote on the church website is from the ESV! So it’s not a KJV-only church!! :mindblowing:

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Chelsey is determined to keep popping out kids until it kills her.

Wait is Chelsy pregnant again, with #4?

I can't keep up without their blog, I miss it!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, theologygeek said:

Joseph and Jesse play the guitar at church.  It's a big church  

Jesse is playing bass. Isn't that what Steve made him quit because he enjoyed it too much? Glad to see it.

30 minutes ago, freethemall said:

I don't know that we know that. Some conjectured that the fit of her clothes in some pics seen a few months ago looked like her past early pregnancies, but the truth is, her belly has housed three kiddos by now, and things are going to shift and sag a bit, plus her heart issues may keep her less active than she is used to. So I'm not going to believe it until I see it announced somewhere official. I also don't really believe she and John will listen to the doctors and close up shop forever. And I also don't know Scamaritan's stance on getting pregnant when you were told not to. Other issues that are deemed "your fault" like obesity and high cholesterol don't get covered, so I'm really not sure what they'd do with the expenses a high-risk pregnancy that the couple was told not to attempt. Does "pro-life" mean "risk the mom's life, it's cool, we'll cover that" where Scamaritan is concerned?

• Upvote 7

35 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Not that I know of.  She has stated she wants a large family though.  

• Upvote 5

I hope Anna leaves the college after graduation and doesn't get married immediately out of college. I think there is very little chance she will move in with Steve and Teri. I think it would be nice for her to live on her own and hopefully leave fundamentalism.

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

On 4/9/2023 at 3:54 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m hoping that Jesse and Anna used some sort of prevention and chose what timing was best for their family. 

My thoughts as well. They looked very content in the pictures during the years after their wedding so hopefully waiting before having kids was all their planning. Do we know if they still live in the sinful city apartment or did they buy their own debt free house?

• Upvote 9

On 4/9/2023 at 4:04 AM, theologygeek said:

Joseph and Jesse play the guitar at church.  It's a big church  

That is a nice arrangement of Joyful Joyful. Very joyful. Stevehova must hate it. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

My thoughts as well. They looked very content in the pictures during the years after their wedding so hopefully waiting before having kids was all their planning. Do we know if they still live in the sinful city apartment or did they buy their own debt free house?

They lived in the apartment for the first year of marriage and then moved into their house in late spring of 2021. It was the subject of a blog post and it was the first time we might have spotted Anna and Mary in pants (they were hidden behind counters and boxes, so it was hard to be sure, but given that Chelsy, Mel, and the ABC girls were all in pants that day, and given that we saw Anna and Mary at college in pants and even shorts that following fall, in hindsight I'm not surprised.) Also surprising was the fact that in one pic, non-Maxwells are pictured helping load the moving van and one of the guys is heavily tattooed - not really the Maxwell image, but neither is apartment dwelling.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Bethy said:

They lived in the apartment for the first year of marriage and then moved into their house in late spring of 2021. It was the subject of a blog post and it was the first time we might have spotted Anna and Mary in pants (they were hidden behind counters and boxes, so it was hard to be sure, but given that Chelsy, Mel, and the ABC girls were all in pants that day, and given that we saw Anna and Mary at college in pants and even shorts that following fall, in hindsight I'm not surprised.) Also surprising was the fact that in one pic, non-Maxwells are pictured helping load the moving van and one of the guys is heavily tattooed - not really the Maxwell image, but neither is apartment dwelling.

Oh yes, now I remember this, especially the tattooed guy!

• Upvote 2

If Anna gets through that college without a husband .....No won't happen. They all get married! lol

• Upvote 3
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

If Anna gets through that college without a husband .....No won't happen. They all get married! lol

As Long as it’s somebody with whom she shares real love, fine with old Auntie J-bug, over here. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 6

I honestly just cannot imagine or even fathom being bound to all those rules at college…..who you can date, staff approval for dating and marriage…..I honestly just can’t believe these institutions exist. 
Just imagining myself at 18…..an adult, a legal adult, with those rules….no. No way.

I guess they are designed to accommodate people who have no idea or realisation of their rights at 18 years old and that you don’t have to be dictated to in this manner.

Scary.

On the plus side, good job Anna and Jesse for having a quality amount of time as a couple before reproducing. So much healthier and good for the, for living their life, even if it isn’t the choice of many, they’ve done their own thing.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

I was just telling my niece not to consider certain Christian colleges because they have rules about boyfriends staying in dorms. She has a serious boyfriend and I’m sure she would want him to visit her on weekends. She’s a good girl who almost never gets in trouble. She doesn’t need a bunch of ridiculous rules in college. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic