IGNORED

John and Alyssa Webster 13: The Blessed Boy Arrived

Coconut Flan

On 4/1/2023 at 9:00 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t take these two anymore. What if he hates playing softball/baseball? My family was always into sports yet my kids aren’t. I’m not going to force them. But John will force Rhett. 

B0655744-C198-4EFC-BD79-0BB4E40DC496.jpeg

When son #1 was about two months old, his father looked on at him sitting in his little baby seat and asked, “What if he doesn’t like to read books?” His eyes widened in horror as the details of this newly imagined future filled in. “What if he likes football?”

We all have to reconcile the child we—perhaps unconsciously—expected with the one we get, though it helps if the expectations aren’t too rigid or god-ordained. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • Love 9

23 minutes ago, Bastet said:

When son #1 was about two months old, his father looked on at him sitting in his little baby seat and asked, “What if he doesn’t like to read books?” His eyes widened in horror as the details of this newly imagined future filled in. “What if he likes football?”

We all have to reconcile the child we—perhaps unconsciously—expected with the one we get, though it helps if the expectations aren’t too rigid or god-ordained. 

Yes, I said this as a parent with children who are not sporty. And I grew up in an athletic family. At every family reunion there will be at least one serious game of volleyball played. Actually probably more than one. Everyone played at least one sport in my family. Many played multiple sports. Yet my kids just aren’t into it. And that’s ok. But I will say my older son is into drama and theater and I was too. So I love that. I may not get to watch him on the ball field but I’ll watch him on the stage. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 11

Maci is clearly team I’ll take the dog over a baby brother.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Maci is clearly team I’ll take the dog over a baby brother.

Maci cracks me up. Screenshot_20230409-112020.thumb.png.c88fdc01376e157554f3a2a2351476d2.png

• Upvote 7

I made the mistake of watching the latest video. A couple minutes in, Alyssa is like „last night, I did not even put him in the crib, I just held him.“ what was John, father of the years comments? „oh no, you’ve fallen for it, now you’re gonna be so attached, you’re just gonna spoil him rotten.“ I never had kids, but their son is maybe 2 weeks, right? Shouldn’t they be attached? 

edited to say: he’s three days old at this point. WTF?

Edited by tanba
  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 1

I hate these dresses. Alyssa has the worst taste in kids formal clothes. Her dress is cute and so is Zoey's but WTF are Allie and Maci wearing? 

Screenshot_20230409-151615.thumb.png.732f7adcca1c1654f3655c78341f44c3.png

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 7

20 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I hate these dresses. Alyssa has the worst taste in kids formal clothes. Her dress is cute and so is Zoey's but WTF are Allie and Maci wearing? 

Free clothing that Tikki P. gifts-

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Free clothing that Tikki P. gifts-

Tikki has terrible taste 😂

Also I know Alyssa can't win with me. I hate the matching outfits and the unmatchibg ones 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

I have seen all sorts of women/girls in the style of dress that Ally and Maci have on. And I hate all of them.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Why didn’t she put them in the white dresses from the picture? They look much better. I think her styling of the girls has gown down rapidly. It started out rather cute. Now they look as if she raided some thrift shops but not the nice ones or someone’s dress up trunk. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

16 hours ago, tanba said:

I made the mistake of watching the latest video. A couple minutes in, Alyssa is like „last night, I did not even put him in the crib, I just held him.“ what was John, father of the years comments? „oh no, you’ve fallen for it, now you’re gonna be so attached, you’re just gonna spoil him rotten.“ I never had kids, but their son is maybe 2 weeks, right? Shouldn’t they be attached? 

edited to say: he’s three days old at this point. WTF?

I'm sure Alyssa said similar things with every baby. She was "obsessed" (her words) with Maci... But when her babies are a few weeks, she starts sleeptraining them with the horrible Ezzo method. I'm sure Rhett won't be different...

13 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

hate these dresses. Alyssa has the worst taste in kids formal clothes. Her dress is cute and so is Zoey's but WTF are Allie and Maci wearing?

The dresses fabric look like 80's kitchen curtains (same ruffles, too). There are better looking dresses in every low cost store. Those girls were very nice dressed in the past... 

• Upvote 4

Clearly John and Alyssa can’t put their combined three brain cells together to realize that you can’t spoil a baby. And a baby can’t manipulate you. Honestly those people are so damn stupid. Free Rhett and his sisters! 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I hope the dresses weren't grifted and that the girls had some say in what they are wearing. I don't think the dresses are bad, although most of them aren't my style. 

I don't mind Lexi's and Zoey's as much, I think Lexi's is sort of cute, but they all give me an 80s or 90s bridesmaid dress vibe, something I would wear for the part, but pray I wouldn't have to wear ever again.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

. Now they look as if she raided some thrift shops but not the nice ones or someone’s dress up trunk. 

Exactly! Those dresses look like my mom's old "peignoirs" that lived in my dress up box as a kid.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

21 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Formal wear? To church? Do children really wear long frilly gowns to church in Florida? That is really different from other areas of the country. A light cotton summer dress is what I'd expect on Easter morning, assuming it's hot there.

All the dresses are bad, but Maci's is the worst. I wonder how many times she tripped on that dress while trying to climb the stairs, or just running about afterwards. A simple dress would have shown off her 2-year old cuteness far more.

I really do wonder if the other parishoners laugh at the Websters and make jokes about the clothing. They seem like they are trying to attract attention, which is odd enough in a place of worship.

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2023 at 11:21 AM, CanadianMamam said:

Maci cracks me up. Screenshot_20230409-112020.thumb.png.c88fdc01376e157554f3a2a2351476d2.png

The button down and bowtie with those tiny newborn chicken legs looks so absurd. He’s what, a few days old? Put him in something specifically for babies. A soft onesie, a bubble suit, a sleeper. He has the rest of his life to wear button downs and ties if he wants.

I think to some extent the adult attire and sports equipment is a reflection of their obsession with hyper masculinity. God forbid the child sit next to a plush toy or wear age appropriate clothing. Not manly enough for a peanut sized human. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 4/10/2023 at 12:47 PM, Jackie3 said:

Formal wear? To church? Do children really wear long frilly gowns to church in Florida? That is really different from other areas of the country. A light cotton summer dress is what I'd expect on Easter morning, assuming it's hot there.

I mean, I think the dresses are ugly but you absolutely wear party dresses to church where I am, especially on Easter. Zoey's dress is exactly what little girls here wear on Easter. 

• Upvote 4

Carlin sent Allie ballet stuff for her birthday (they're birthday twins). Pity that John will never a!low her to get lessons. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Carlin sent Allie ballet stuff for her birthday (they're birthday twins). Pity that John will never a!low her to get lessons. 

I don't think Websters have any problem with ballet, except the fact that they are too busy/lazy to take the kids to activities. Bates are not against dancing anymore and there are "Christian" ballet schools.

• Upvote 6

The Smith/Morton/Campanas do ballet. I could see Alyssa loving the aesthetic of ballet. She would take the girls if it meant cute pictures. But not much else. 

• Upvote 8

On 4/9/2023 at 5:43 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, I said this as a parent with children who are not sporty. And I grew up in an athletic family. At every family reunion there will be at least one serious game of volleyball played. Actually probably more than one. Everyone played at least one sport in my family. Many played multiple sports. Yet my kids just aren’t into it. And that’s ok. But I will say my older son is into drama and theater and I was too. So I love that. I may not get to watch him on the ball field but I’ll watch him on the stage. 

I suffered trauma from family volleyball games at reunions. It is still a source of contention.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic