IGNORED

John and Alyssa Webster 13: The Blessed Boy Arrived

Coconut Flan

On 4/25/2023 at 10:30 AM, SassyPants said:

One of my chief complaints about these folks with a bajillion kids is they do not raise their offspring to be part of and function in society. These are the folks out reproducing everyone else and they refuse to prepare those children to be functional adults within societal norms. The Duggars are the worst. Does any adult born to JB/M Duggar functional adequately within society? Where would any of those adults (most with families) be without JB’s money? Austin, Derick and Justin seemingly have some financial independence, but the rest?????? And I’m sure JB has provided a financial boast to A,D and Justin too. Yes, I am well aware that the kids did enrich JB’s coffers along the way. 

Ben has a job as a pastor and last I knew they live in a house that is connected to his church. Jeremy and Jinger made some money on television, she wrote several books, and Jeremy is getting his Phd. at University. He will either teaach or preach when that's done (at least a plan). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I named the Webster thread on Primetimer "Lunch with Lurch." This goes back to the early days of their marriage when they took selfies all dressed up going out to lunch after church. 😉

Love it! I was sure I wasn't the first person to notice!

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2023 at 11:03 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Ben has a job as a pastor and last I knew they live in a house that is connected to his church. Jeremy and Jinger made some money on television, she wrote several books, and Jeremy is getting his Phd. at University. He will either teaach or preach when that's done (at least a plan). 

Get back to me when it actually happens. For all the misogyny in this cult, the woman sure contribute most of the earnings. Even Joy works with Austin. Dillard is the only Duggar SIL mostly supporting his family on his own and it took close to a decade of marriage to pull that off. 

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 2

Has Alyssa been reading here? Lots of photos of the girls at the playground on her Instagram today! It was whilst they watched John play softball but at least they got to have some fun too. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Alysabeth said:

Has Alyssa been reading here? Lots of photos of the girls at the playground on her Instagram today! It was whilst they watched John play softball but at least they got to have some fun too. 

I’m trying to remember when Alyssa stopped posting on IG. Did it coincide with her last pregnancy or was it the year before that? Anyhow, something has changed (may be they need the money) because she is posting on IG, daily again. She is also prompting to their YT channel. 

They are clearly thrived to finally have a son. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Alysabeth said:

She said it’s the only reason they want to go to his games. It’s likely the only time they ever get to a playground. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I’m trying to remember when Alyssa stopped posting on IG. Did it coincide with her last pregnancy or was it the year before that? Anyhow, something has changed (may be they need the money) because she is posting on IG, daily again. She is also prompting to their YT channel. 

They are clearly thrived to finally have a son. 

It was spring of 2022. She said she got shadow-banmed after the post of Maci from her friend's wedding but the speculation was that she actually got nailed for not properly reporting sponsorships and got her tools taken away. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

It was spring of 2022. She said she got shadow-banmed after the post of Maci from her friend's wedding but the speculation was that she actually got nailed for not properly reporting sponsorships and got her tools taken away. 

She was definitely not shadowbanned. Searching her did not change. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She said it’s the only reason they want to go to his games. It’s likely the only time they ever get to a playground. 

My kids for completely unknown reasons like a really crappy playground close to where we live that I try to avoid like the plague, but otherwise they talk about particularly cool playgrounds. Is the one they go to on the cooler/more interesting side for American playgrounds? 
What beige lives those poor kids live!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Alysabeth said:

It's not the first time. They do it sometimes. But these girls can stay MONTHS without playground. Of course one may think that they do outdoor activties and just not post about it, but Alyssa confessed she basically never take them to parks. I wonder if they can play on the "wild" when they do their outdoor photoshots... But with the hairdos and dresses, I bet no.

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

She was definitely not shadowbanned. Searching her did not change. 

Yes, I know, but that is what she claimed happened. She didn't want to admit she got punished for breaking the rules. 

On 5/2/2023 at 10:00 PM, Melissa1977 said:

It's not the first time. They do it sometimes. But these girls can stay MONTHS without playground. Of course one may think that they do outdoor activties and just not post about it, but Alyssa confessed she basically never take them to parks. I wonder if they can play on the "wild" when they do their outdoor photoshots... But with the hairdos and dresses, I bet no.

We have no way of knowing whether they go MONTHS without a playground visit.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if it is also a money thing? They wear those crappy ugly dresses they get for free. I am sure Alyssa is not blind and dying inside. 
I have no problem when parents decide not to sign up children with extra curricular activities but instead have them play at home (inside/outside). But those children would go to school. 
And absolutely NO excuses for John. His job might be hard, but staying home with 5 children? That’s not easy as well (even if you do the bare minimum). So both pretty much work full time, but her job doesn’t end at 5pm. My husband and I both took parental leave and for some time worked part time. The one that had a work day always took over the children when he came home, so while the other did chores it was still a different kind of job and gave a break. Sorry, no rest for either one. Mowing the lawn was such a treat some days. I hate it when some men act as if they are “helping” so much (hate the word) but the woman is still stuck in a never ending 24/h job. And from personal experience- going to work can be a real treat compared to staying at home. Not for everyone of course. But even if you like staying at home, it’s nice to get a break. And it helps to prevent “helpless fathers”. Nothing funny or cutesy about a father incapable of doing the job (and I don’t talk about perfectly dressed children, but rather fathers needing to be told what to do with their own offspring or not able to put them to bed).

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

I hate it when some men act as if they are “helping” so much (hate the word) but the woman is still stuck in a never ending 24/h job. And from personal experience- going to work can be a real treat compared to staying at home

The cleaning job was kinda "treat" for Alyssa when she did it part-time. She seemed to love it. 

I agree mothering 5 kids is 24/h, but do not forget Alyssa seriously trains children to sleep long periods of time in order to have plenty child-free time.  She has stated several times that they go to bed at 5PM (maybe they go later now that Allie is older) because parents want alone time. At mornings, girls wake up alone, dress, eat and start homeschooling while parents sleep. 

Of course, each new baby makes it more difficult. But she has more alone time that most mothers I know. I have 2 and never ever had that amount of daily free time!

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

On 5/11/2023 at 10:52 AM, just_ordinary said:

I wonder if it is also a money thing? They wear those crappy ugly dresses they get for free. I am sure Alyssa is not blind and dying inside. 
I have no problem when parents decide not to sign up children with extra curricular activities but instead have them play at home (inside/outside). But those children would go to school. 
And absolutely NO excuses for John. His job might be hard, but staying home with 5 children? That’s not easy as well (even if you do the bare minimum). So both pretty much work full time, but her job doesn’t end at 5pm. My husband and I both took parental leave and for some time worked part time. The one that had a work day always took over the children when he came home, so while the other did chores it was still a different kind of job and gave a break. Sorry, no rest for either one. Mowing the lawn was such a treat some days. I hate it when some men act as if they are “helping” so much (hate the word) but the woman is still stuck in a never ending 24/h job. And from personal experience- going to work can be a real treat compared to staying at home. Not for everyone of course. But even if you like staying at home, it’s nice to get a break. And it helps to prevent “helpless fathers”. Nothing funny or cutesy about a father incapable of doing the job (and I don’t talk about perfectly dressed children, but rather fathers needing to be told what to do with their own offspring or not able to put them to bed).

Yep. When mine were little I worked PT and my husband worked FT +. So naturally, I did more at home. My neighbors were appalled that I worked AND mowed the lawn. Well, I had more free time, and the lawns in this particularly home weren’t all that big. These same people were in awe of my husband who did our daughter’s hair for dance and shuttled them both to piano recitals on weekends, alone, while I was at work. Parenting is a 24/7 job, and other chores/jobs don’t end when children are born. 

• Upvote 5

This week's vlog was a "kid takeover" vlog. They got surprised to pick up Callie from the airport (Kelly Jo popped to say hi at the airport curb and left... I don't know if she just chaperoned Callie on the flight or something?). The older 3 got to go to dinner with Callie while John stayed home with Maci and Rhett. They had Little Caesars and Bruester's Ice Cream. They said they will have lots of pool time while Callie visits. 

• Upvote 1

Are the Websters ever without additional help? That does make having lots of little kids a bit easier !

What’s weird is that Michael and Brandon went down to FL and took a ton of pics doing activities with Erin’s kids. But she didn’t have any pics with Alyssa’s kids. It would be kind of weird to go all the way to FL and only spend time with Erin’s family. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What’s weird is that Michael and Brandon went down to FL and took a ton of pics doing activities with Erin’s kids. But she didn’t have any pics with Alyssa’s kids. It would be kind of weird to go all the way to FL and only spend time with Erin’s family. 

Michael said the pictures with Alyssa's kids are coming up.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

20 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Michael said the pictures with Alyssa's kids are coming up.

Thanks. It really surprised me because Michael has always seemed like the sister who tries to get along with everyone. Probably because she was the second mom. And moms don’t want to play favorites. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Yep. When mine were little I worked PT and my husband worked FT +. So naturally, I did more at home. My neighbors were appalled that I worked AND mowed the lawn. Well, I had more free time, and the lawns in this particularly home weren’t all that big. These same people were in awe of my husband who did our daughter’s hair for dance and shuttled them both to piano recitals on weekends, alone, while I was at work. Parenting is a 24/7 job, and other chores/jobs don’t end when children are born. 

I worked one shift and Grampwych worked a different one.  When Wychling was young enough to need supervision for the hour or so before one of us parents got home, I had two sets of relatives close by.  All chores were divvied up according to aptitude and time available.

17 hours ago, gobucks said:

This week's vlog was a "kid takeover" vlog. They got surprised to pick up Callie from the airport (Kelly Jo popped to say hi at the airport curb and left... I don't know if she just chaperoned Callie on the flight or something?). The older 3 got to go to dinner with Callie while John stayed home with Maci and Rhett. They had Little Caesars and Bruester's Ice Cream. They said they will have lots of pool time while Callie visits. 

I interpreted it as Kelly Jo was there to visit Erin/Chad and the crew or maybe even Jackson (wedding planning?). I'm not 100% convinced of that but it was just a gut reaction. I think Kelly Jo and Callie flew down to Florida and then split between the two places. Callie would be more comfy in the Websters' house with a guest room versus Erin's house or wherever Jackson is living. If it was just a chaperone thing, they probably would have sent Addallee or Ellie with Callie. 

That whole thing where they tried to pick restaurants was painfully long. I deal with that all the time with my kids. I don't need to watch it play out on screen.

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Now that we know Erin is pregnant again, Kelly is likely there to see her and sent Callie to Alyssa. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

That whole thing where they tried to pick restaurants was painfully long. I deal with that all the time with my kids. I don't need to watch it play out on screen.

YUP!

I would find it funny if Alyssa's long-awaited boy kicked off a boy streak. They have never had more than one boy in a calendar year until now (Rhett and Ryker). 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic