IGNORED

John and Alyssa Webster 13: The Blessed Boy Arrived

Coconut Flan

Just now, rebeccawriter01 said:

I suffered trauma from family volleyball games at reunions. It is still a source of contention.

I actually refuse to play a lot of the time. Because it’s just too intense. I come from a very competitive family. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

I actually refuse to play a lot of the time. Because it’s just too intense. I come from a very competitive family. 

Same here. Someone always ended up in the ER. I refused to play from a young age and am still ridiculed for it. I wasn't ever athletic or good at that game at all. In middle school this one rude little you know what bullied me mercilessly over it to the point that I begged to be sent to another class on another schedule to avoid her. 

My uncle always organizes the game and thinks he is the world's best coach. Another uncle heads up the other team. I told both of my daughters if they want to play they can, but that they need to know my uncles and cousins can be very rough and their value to me isn't based on their ability or inability to spike a ball.

• Love 10

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Anyone else thinking of Ross and Monica and the thanksgiving football play? 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Flossie said:

I've always loathed dodge ball.  If ever there was a game set up to encourage bullying, it's that.

The only one worse is "Red Rover.". At least dodge ball allows for some skill in aim and control over the ball when you throw it, Red Rover is just a way to hurt people's arms (yes, I am still traumatized by that game 40 years later).

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

On 4/13/2023 at 3:40 AM, Flossie said:

I've always loathed dodge ball.  If ever there was a game set up to encourage bullying, it's that.

In middle school our PE teachers made us play this horrific game that is a cross between kickball and dodgeball played in the gym. A child would kick the ball and run to first base. You could have as many people on a base as possible and had to move as a group. If the child kicking the ball could ask for the super ball and that was this giant heavy ball out of the same material. Essentially they got you out by knocking you down with that or the smaller balls. I would fake getting hit so I could sit back down.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

On 4/13/2023 at 6:40 AM, Flossie said:

I actually loved dodge ball because when we played on gym, if you got hit you had to go take a timeout on the gym stage. I enjoyed anything that got me out of participating in gym. 

I also loved capture the flag for that reason. Great I can get caught and chill in jail. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Oh my god, that all just looks SO uncomfortable. Poor baby. My kids lived in sleepers and onesies until they started crawling. The softer the better. Babies are supposed to look soft and cute and cuddly, not stuffed into a straight jacket. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

17 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

In middle school our PE teachers made us play this horrific game that is a cross between kickball and dodgeball played in the gym. A child would kick the ball and run to first base. You could have as many people on a base as possible and had to move as a group. If the child kicking the ball could ask for the super ball and that was this giant heavy ball out of the same material. Essentially they got you out by knocking you down with that or the smaller balls. I would fake getting hit so I could sit back down.

You just brought back a core memory. We had only one of those very large kickballs on the playground and once it was broken, it was done for the year. But I remember one year someone kicked that huge ball and it hit me right in the head and knocked me over. That thing was heavy! 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You just brought back a core memory. We had only one of those very large kickballs on the playground and once it was broken, it was done for the year. But I remember one year someone kicked that huge ball and it hit me right in the head and knocked me over. That thing was heavy! 

When I was on the PTA in my kids elementary school, we had extra money one year and asked all the extra-curricular teachers (art, music, gym, etc) for a wish list, since they always seemed to miss out on our funding. I remember so well the gym teacher asking for a ball like that and I was like nope. I remembered the pain of getting hit with those all too well. We bought the jump ropes she asked for instead. 🤣

Edited by fluffernutter
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/15/2023 at 5:48 AM, CarrotCake said:

Why is she trying to dress him like a miniature adult? This is the equivalent of putting a newborn daughter in a tiny evening gown. There are many many many cute clothes for baby boys. Clothes for babies are cute in general, but if Alyssa wants to lean into the “look! My baby is a boy!” theme of dressing, there are a lot of adorable options that don’t look like men’s office or formalwear. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Johannah said:

Why is she trying to dress him like a miniature adult? This is the equivalent of putting a newborn daughter in a tiny evening gown. There are many many many cute clothes for baby boys. Clothes for babies are cute in general, but if Alyssa wants to lean into the “look! My baby is a boy!” theme of dressing, there are a lot of adorable options that don’t look like men’s office or formalwear. 

Navy blue and hunter green. They were my mom's favorite colors, early 90's, and she got me a couple of super comfy baby outfits in those colors. I put my baby girl in them and got the "your son is so cute!" so many times I just smiled and nodded. I didn't care because they were sooooo soft. Or stripes or browns or teddy bears or turtles or dinosaurs etc etc. You can dress a boy in a "masculine" 🙄 way without making him look like Wilford Brimley. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

I “compromised” with a basic solid colour onesie and some shorts or pants that looked enough like denim/dress pants/cargo shorts but were super comfy and then a (soft) shirt with buttons that was needed for an extra layer anyway because of the weather. And various hats (sun hats or warmer ones) that looked cute, but were functional and comfy. 

If she wants the bow tie/tie look, I REALLY hope she goes for a shirt or onesie with one printed or sewn on and not an actual strangulation hazard!

Oh shit, I just followed the link that CarrotCake posted. WHY? 

Edited by Mrs Ms
  • Upvote 5

This is why I hate suits in any configuration for small children. The average adult male finds suits and ties uncomfortable. Why would you want to subject a baby or toddler to a vest, coat and tie?

Also, why is Alyssa using the exact same pose for all of her pregnancy pictures? 

• Upvote 1

I’m sort of surprised Alyssa doesn’t put him in those smocked jumpers that southern women seem to like. She lives in Florida now so I’m sure she’s seen some baby boys in them. 

• Upvote 6

I confess that my son wore a little white suit-type garment at 6 weeks old when he was baptized in the Catholic church.  It was more like a white formal onesie with a bow tie and a matching hat that tied under the chin. It had a faux vest built into the garment.   It certainly didn't come with a separate vest or felt scratchy.   That hot mess Rhett is wearing looks positively constricting.  Especially when it's April in Florida.  

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 hour ago, HeartsAFundie said:

I confess that my son wore a little white suit-type garment at 6 weeks old when he was baptized in the Catholic church.  It was more like a white formal onesie with a bow tie and a matching hat that tied under the chin. It had a faux vest built into the garment.   It certainly didn't come with a separate vest or felt scratchy.   That hot mess Rhett is wearing looks positively constricting.  Especially when it's April in Florida.  

That was a once and done occasion, and a baptism no less. Not the same thing at all. ❤️ 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sort of surprised Alyssa doesn’t put him in those smocked jumpers that southern women seem to like. She lives in Florida now so I’m sure she’s seen some baby boys in them. 

Too feminine for the Websters. Plus that type of clothing looks expensive ( or higher quality). I don’t think many of these folks go for higher end stuff, which is probably wise. Kids are so hard on clothes. 

• Upvote 2

Oh my golly she did a one month post on instagram. She dressed the poor kid in khakis with anchors on them, shirtless, with suspenders. 🤦‍♀️ 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 1

I saw this on Zillowtastrophies and decided Alyssa will probably do this to Rhett’s room. It’s a dugout bed. Because Rhett must love baseball no matter what.

F7CB0C2A-B989-4E87-A609-EFE041882C4A.jpeg

• Haha 10
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I saw this on Zillowtastrophies and decided Alyssa will probably do this to Rhett’s room. It’s a dugout bed. Because Rhett must love baseball no matter what.

that looks like a bloody dog house or chicken coop or kiddy gaol, that is freakin awful 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

18 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

that looks like a bloody dog house or chicken coop or kiddy gaol, that is freakin awful 

I bet it’s hard to get the fitted sheet on. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Looks like something the Rods would shove about 4 kids into. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic