IGNORED

John and Alyssa Webster 13: The Blessed Boy Arrived

Coconut Flan

"Also, as I mentioned before when Alyssa stayed with John while he was recently hospitalized, I don’t support John parking himself at the hospital, leaving Alyssa’s sister to care for his other children. If you have a large family, providing care for that family is your primary responsibility. When an adult partner is hospitalized and not critically ill, the hospital is responsible for providing care for that adult. There was zero reason for John to park himself . . ."

I don't understand all this talk about "parking yourself." When I visit a sick family member in that hospital, that's not how I view it at all. I view myself as "visiting them" not "parking myself."

In any event, John has a job with the family business. His job is not at risk. Even his income is probably not at risk, he has an excellent excuse for taking time off. For all we know, Alyssa may need support, the type of support a hospital cannot give.

• Upvote 2

BEC: I would have thought Erin was Alyssa's mother in that photo. All 3 girls in the picture are beautiful, but Erin ages herself so much.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

BEC: I would have thought Erin was Alyssa's mother in that photo. All 3 girls in the picture are beautiful, but Erin ages herself so much.

It’s pretty amazing how hair and makeup can age a person. I was watching something on YouTube and they were looking at old pictures from the 80s. And guessing the age of the women. The big permed hair, make up and clothing made them look older. But when they photoshopped different hair and toned down the makeup, those same people looked way younger. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

@HermioneSparrow posted the picture on the last thread that has the caption saying "Everything I ever dreamed and more..." makes me think of people I've known who've had a baby after a long battle with infertility. Their poor daughters!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s pretty amazing how hair and makeup can age a person. I was watching something on YouTube and they were looking at old pictures from the 80s. And guessing the age of the women. The big permed hair, make up and clothing made them look older. But when they photoshopped different hair and toned down the makeup, those same people looked way younger. 

All over Insta I’m seeing women doing those colour sheets over their chests and becoming “cool summers” or whatever. low key love watching them. But all I can think is Erin needs that. Her 80s pastel colours are not for her. She ages herself with her big hair and frosted 80s look. I bitch cause I ain’t half as pretty as her even with her daggy ways. Lol 

• Upvote 10

Here’s the thing. How is giving birth to a boy different from her girls? How is having a newborn boy different from a girl? The biggest difference is circumcision. I bet they circumcise. So did she dream if that? I’m just annoyed because there’s not going to be much of a difference between boys and girls when you have a newborn. Most newborns no matter their sex act pretty similar. It’s not like he came out of the womb throwing a football. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 17
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

45 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Here’s the thing. How is giving birth to a boy different from her girls? How is having a newborn boy different from a girl? The biggest difference is circumcision. I bet they circumcise. So did she dream if that? I’m just annoyed because there’s not going to be much of a difference between boys and girls when you have a newborn. Most newborns no matter their sex act pretty similar. It’s not like he came out of the womb throwing a football. 

I mean the biggest difference between a boy and girl is how much you get peed on. My baby boys got me all the time at diaper changes, girls don't do that as much. I'm kind of chuckling at the idea of how often Alyssa's golden penis is going to pee on her on the next few weeks. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I mean the biggest difference between a boy and girl is how much you get peed on. My baby boys got me all the time at diaper changes, girls don't do that as much. I'm kind of chuckling at the idea of how often Alyssa's golden penis is going to pee on her on the next few weeks. 

I’m wondering if it’s worse for circumcised penises because I was rarely peed on and my kids are intact. I’ve been shit on though. Like a lot. But that was because my newborns shat all day long. Including during diaper changes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m wondering if it’s worse for circumcised penises because I was rarely peed on and my kids are intact. I’ve been shit on though. Like a lot. But that was because my newborns shat all day long. Including during diaper changes. 

My kids were intact. But my oldest was worse than my middle child. I swear the second that diaper went off the pee shot everywhere. I might have had better reflexes by the second but he also might not have had that same "I'm free" instinct. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

My daughter was definitely peeing on us a lot more and much more spectacular in the first weeks. My son didn’t do that as much as sneakily letting it leek while you changed him. Pulling his tights up or jumper down and wondering why it’s wet. We also had way more wet nappy accidents at night with him when he was still under 1. No idea why- but using panties at night made a big difference.

Edited by just_ordinary

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I had to catch poop with my hand once. That was traumatic. 

I'm still torn between horrified and hysterical at the time the poop ended up on the wall. (Interestingly, that happened once to my husband with #1, a boy, and once to me with #3, a girl. I thought there was some humor to it both times. He did NOT.)

But yeah, those first few months? About the only differences are the name and/or clothes if you don't go gender-neutral, the increased risk of dramatic pees for boys, and wound care if you circumcise. Otherwise it's all feeding, diaper changes, and wishing you both spoke the same language when they're howling at 3 AM. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My daughter shat on me all the time, lmao.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

That was my first thought too 😆. It was such a relief after my son to have a girl because it seemed like he peed during every diaper change. I started keeping a stack of baby face clothes at the change table to cover him up until just before I did up the diaper. Otherwise, pee everywhere!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I saw a couple pictures with Erin. She actually looked like she had less make-up than usual. I think it's that she's under a particular light that makes her look like that. She looked fine in the other picture. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I had to catch poop with my hand once. That was traumatic. 

I once had a preemie patient shoot poop that landed in my pocket. It was on Thanksgiving Day! Thanks be to God.

• Haha 17

The old fashioned cloth diapers are great both for diaper changes and burp cloths.  Toss one of those over the baby and you're safe.  I usually fold them in thirds.  Daughter wanted to know how I was always avoided being showered by the babies so she picked up the habit of using them, too.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

36 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I once had a preemie patient shoot poop that landed in my pocket. It was on Thanksgiving Day! Thanks be to God.

I swear sometimes newborns will squirt a shart out like a plastic Heinz ketchup bottle! No one warns you about this phenomenon either! People need to warn first time moms 😂

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I used to place a small baby washcloth over my son's penis during diaper changes. I kept them by the changing table and had a few of them designated for that one specific purpose.  That way if he peed while I was in the middle of changing him, it went directly into the cloth, which was then promptly rinsed out in the sink and placed in the wash.   Always worked for us.   

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

The old fashioned cloth diapers are great both for diaper changes and burp cloths.  Toss one of those over the baby and you're safe.  I usually fold them in thirds.  Daughter wanted to know how I was always avoided being showered by the babies so she picked up the habit of using them, too.  

We use these as burp cloths too! I used to lay one under her head during tummy time. And tmi but I still put one under my chest in bed for boob leakage overnight lol. They’re super handy. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 3/21/2023 at 8:03 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Exactly!  I mean I know they are super excited to have a little boy, but they've (IMO) been a lil OTT on this pregnancy & birth.  I've watched the little girls' expressions when she is gushing about it & I noticed little Zoey especially.  I think they all share in the excitement and that's fine, I just can't help but think about how they must feel at times.  Hopefully, this will be the last one, but like some folks have already predicted, she may want one more to have a brother for Rhett. A few years ago she said she'd love to have six kids.  

• Upvote 1

On 3/22/2023 at 7:46 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I swear sometimes newborns will squirt a shart out like a plastic Heinz ketchup bottle! No one warns you about this phenomenon either! People need to warn first time moms 😂

This is so true!! When my son was tiny, he PROJECTILE shat and I was very unprepared. I made a snort laugh/scream noise, husband came in from the next room and saw what happened and started retching (weak stomach) hahahaha. I'd forgotten about that until reading your comment.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

As someone who ended up being alone after my daughter arrived, as my husband went home to check on the dog and sleep (I gave birth at 4am), I do not blame John at all for being there to support Alyssa. I'd even venture to say that's a good move on his part. Nurses have to take care of multiple patients, they cant always be there if you need some support. I remember one night when I was in the hospital, I ended up with zero support as the nurse had much more urgent patients to take care of and my husband went home to sleep. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic