IGNORED

John and Alyssa Webster 13: The Blessed Boy Arrived

Coconut Flan

I have a really bad memory! I have three kids who are now in their 20s. I don’t remember if my husband stayed overnight at the hospital or not. I don’t think he did. I think I wanted him to go home to sleep, shower and eat so he’d be more useful to me during the day. I’ll ask him tonight if he stayed or not.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

As someone who ended up being alone after my daughter arrived, as my husband went home to check on the dog and sleep (I gave birth at 4am), I do not blame John at all for being there to support Alyssa. I'd even venture to say that's a good move on his part. Nurses have to take care of multiple patients, they cant always be there if you need some support. I remember one night when I was in the hospital, I ended up with zero support as the nurse had much more urgent patients to take care of and my husband went home to sleep. 

I think having an adult stay with you when you’ve just had a baby, and for most women are not necessarily “sick”, is a very nice luxury. The Websters have 4 other young children at home, and are very fortunate that Alyssa’s family is willing to fly in to help and provide childcare. Most families do not have that luxury. Sure, it’s nice for the mom to have her partner at the facility after birth, but it is a luxury.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • I Agree 8

With my second, I went home the day he was born as a I had a midwife and she did homecare for the post-birth checkups. 

My third was a premature c-section. I was in the hospital for 4 nights total, two before birth and two after. My husband stayed with me for the first 3 and then I finally sent him home to get a good night's sleep and reassure our older children.. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

On 3/21/2023 at 9:30 PM, Coconut Flan said:

The old fashioned cloth diapers are great both for diaper changes and burp cloths.  Toss one of those over the baby and you're safe.  I usually fold them in thirds.  Daughter wanted to know how I was always avoided being showered by the babies so she picked up the habit of using them, too.  

My lovely old fashioned midwife showed me that trick after son 2 peed all over her when she was checking his Rummy button. He could pee yards away!!!!

• Upvote 2

I once saw a Peepee Tepee. Yes, I’m serious. You would put it over the penis during diaper changes. I rolled my eyes so hard. I was like, a dry wash cloth or burp cloth can do the same damn thing 🙄

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I once saw a Peepee Tepee. Yes, I’m serious. You would put it over the penis during diaper changes. I rolled my eyes so hard. I was like, a dry wash cloth or burp cloth can do the same damn thing 🙄

So, I got a set as a baby shower gift. It made a very nice pee-soaked projectile. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 21

I had a little girl, six months later my (not that much younger than me) niece had a little boy.
Changing his nappy a boy novice, then a little bit later and pee is shooting out the top of his nappy. She was like oh no you forgot to tuck his penis in the down position. Ahhh nope, I didn’t know I had too. Lol 
My daughter never projectile pooped, my only noteworthy poop story is, one morning about 6 months old she was off her food, by the arvo I was a little bit concerned.
I was out of town with a friend at a museum at the time and noticed she did a poop. She was getting stinky.  

My friend was taking her daughter to the loo and said she would change my daughter for me. My Friend and her daughter came back traumatised. 
My friend said she had never seen so much poop come out of a little baby. Her daughter had been heaving but had been trying to help her mum handing her struggling mum wipes and stuff, a few other people had came into the bathroom and noped right out of there.
She handed my fresh and clean baby back to me, I was like “oh my god she weighs less”. My friend’s jaw dropped, that was exactly what she had said to her daughter when she had picked her up after it was all over. Neither of us could believe that a baby could poop so much it made a noticeable difference in their weight.
Needless to say she was ravenous after that and was only off her food because she was so blocked up. 

• Haha 15

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I had a little girl, six months later my (not that much younger than me) niece had a little boy.
Changing his nappy a boy novice, then a little bit later and pee is shooting out the top of his nappy. She was like oh no you forgot to tuck his penis in the down position. Ahhh nope, I didn’t know I had too. Lol 
My daughter never projectile pooped, my only noteworthy poop story is, one morning about 6 months old she was off her food, by the arvo I was a little bit concerned.
I was out of town with a friend at a museum at the time and noticed she did a poop. She was getting stinky.  

My friend was taking her daughter to the loo and said she would change my daughter for me. My Friend and her daughter came back traumatised. 
My friend said she had never seen so much poop come out of a little baby. Her daughter had been heaving but had been trying to help her mum handing her struggling mum wipes and stuff, a few other people had came into the bathroom and noped right out of there.
She handed my fresh and clean baby back to me, I was like “oh my god she weighs less”. My friend’s jaw dropped, that was exactly what she had said to her daughter when she had picked her up after it was all over. Neither of us could believe that a baby could poop so much it made a noticeable difference in their weight.
Needless to say she was ravenous after that and was only off her food because she was so blocked up. 

I would have been like, “oh my god let me buy you dinner! No let me buy you two dinners!” 😂 we had so many poop up the back stories with my boys I couldn’t name them all. 

• Haha 4

I feel like everyone warns you about boys peeing during nappy changes. My daughter is 10 months old and I wish someone had warned me about the sneaky nappy change pee’s they do that go unnoticed at first but then flood the changing mat and go all up their back. At least with boys it’s obvious 🙈

Edited by Alysabeth
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was given one of those! It was more of a joke gift, but the person that gave it me did use one, and so did we. 

• Upvote 1

A few years ago I got a girlfriend a gag gift for her bday. It was called a She-Wee. It was like a plastic. funnel-penis that you pee into so you can pee and aim away. She worked from home before it was so common and had marathon meetings and was always in need of a bathroom break. I gave it to her with a mason jar. 🤣 All in jest of course, she did NOT use it in meetings. Personally, I would've totally used that back in my younger hiking and camping days. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Alysabeth said:

I feel like everyone warns you about boys peeing during nappy changes. My daughter is 10 months old and I wish someone had warned me about the sneaky nappy change pee’s they do that go unnoticed at first but then flood the changing mat and go all up their back. At least with boys it’s obvious 🙈

Any bath floaters yet? lol I had a few sneaky ones of those, warm water opens up little bung holes lol 

• Haha 7

19 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Any bath floaters yet? lol I had a few sneaky ones of those, warm water opens up little bung holes lol 

My oldest pooped in the bath tub once when he was about 2. But when he saw it floating he screamed, “kitty poo! Kitty poo!” He thought the cat had somehow crapped in the bath tub and freaked out. No, that was you kid.

• Haha 19

Just saying, my due date is in less than a month (my first, a baby girl), and I am absolutely loving all of these stories :) Thanks everyone for brightening my days ❤️ 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 18

13 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

A few years ago I got a girlfriend a gag gift for her bday. It was called a She-Wee. It was like a plastic. funnel-penis that you pee into so you can pee and aim away. She worked from home before it was so common and had marathon meetings and was always in need of a bathroom break. I gave it to her with a mason jar. 🤣 All in jest of course, she did NOT use it in meetings. Personally, I would've totally used that back in my younger hiking and camping days. 

Mine is called a P-Style and they work. I bought one to keep in my car in case of a highway jam or other emergency. I practiced in my back yard until I could use it discreetly. There's a learning curve and I did have to wash a few pants, but if traffic was backed up I could totally stand outside my car and confidently use the P-Style.

• Upvote 6

I don't have any memories of my son peeing on us during diaper changes. It may have happened and likely did, but it was not memorable. I do know that we both had plenty of experience changing diapers for both boys and girls, so we always had a burp cloth or something similar ready. I do remember one time when my oldest pooped all over the place in the middle of a diaper change. I also remember my son peeing all over me while he was sitting on a toilet in a restaurant. He was early in potty training, maybe 2 1/2. It shocked me, and I didn't have a change of clothes. We were driving to my MIL's house so I ended up running into Target to get a new outfit. 

My husband didn't stay at the hospital with any of my kids. When my oldest was born, he wasn't allowed to stay the night since I had a roommate; it was a small hospital at an overseas military base. There were only 6 beds for maternity patients, and it was full. It worked out, though. He was able to get a good night's sleep all three nights I had to stay because of complications. So he was well-rested when we were released. With the other two kids, he went home so that he would be there in the morning when the older kid/s got up. They would make me breakfast at home and then come in to meet their new sibling. My MIL was staying with us both times so that he could have stayed with me, but it was important for us for him to be with the other kids. And selfishly, I enjoyed the time at the hospital by myself. With my second two children, I only had one night in the hospital, and I liked having that time with the baby all to myself. I pretty much just stared at them all night. If I did need help with something, I called for a nurse, but really there wasn't anything that I could handle on my own. I may have felt differently if I was in a lot of pain or had some other issue and needed more help .

• Love 1

Watching the birth vlog. Alyssa said "It's a good day, a very good day, and this is my final time and I never have to do this again. Praise Jesus!"

I want to believe her, but I don't. Rhett will need a buddy with a penis!

• Upvote 14
  • WTF 1

I believe her simply because John basically said in another video that he doesn't want to try again because what if it is another girl. 

Have I mentioned how much I dislike John?

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 11
  • WTF 4

Might as well get the girls used to being second-rank citizens early. Can't have them get any ideas about equality. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

I kind of appreciate in the birth vlog she didn't overshare the way some of her sisters did (cough Carlin cough) - it's clear there were some painful moments and she later mentioned puking a lot during labor, and there was maybe a 3-4 hr gap between her getting pitocin and then poof, the baby is here, no pushing shown either. She's definitely toned down the social media exhibitionism that her other sisters could learn from.

But boy, the stereotypical boy comments have started immediately. 

• Upvote 6

On 3/24/2023 at 6:49 PM, CanadianMamam said:

I believe her simply because John basically said in another video that he doesn't want to try again because what if it is another girl. 

Have I mentioned how much I dislike John?

John's gross.

I think they'll stop for a couple of years, while Rhett is a baby. However, when he's 2 and starts dragging Maci's dolls around or playing in their princess castle, John's going to start getting worried. His little boy, home all day long with four little girls he looks up to, surrounded by girl toys and girl clothes and play makeup and tons of ribbons and bows. . . I think John will be uncomfortable indeed. 

In an ordinary home, this might not be a problem. But the Websters have done nothing but enforce gender stereotypes with their girls. 

What is Rhett going to do when the girls play with their play makeup? He's going to want to join in! 

What about when the girls have a tea party for their stuffed animals?

What about when he covets Zoey's pink-and-purple umbrella? Or tries to wear one of the princess outfits or tiaras lying around the house? 

When this happens, I think the need for a little brother might be worth the "risk" of another girl.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2

If that is really John's real self, I think we should believe him. All this "oh I am so happy to be a girls dad" was just a facade? Probably all fundie men think like him but it is more obvious in his case  because the different reaction between 4 girls and than one boy is more visible. I mean you can be a proud dad and than you can act like John. 

• Upvote 12

So the girls match each other + Alyssa and John and Rhett are in blue, I am sure this is how it will go from now on.

Screenshot_20230329-214927.thumb.png.89c42b3c94e81a93d8dc521087ca7855.pngalso, I hate Alyssa's photo shoot style. Those dresses are awful, but the ones she picks for family pictures always are. 

Oh, it looks like Alyssa has two dresses for the shoot. White to match her daughters for the family group shot  and blue for the long awaited boy (interesting she wore that one in her solo pic with the girls)Screenshot_20230329-215202.thumb.png.49db541dcfc7e357cf2ed515dad09691.png

• Upvote 7

Is it normal for people in that age group to wear wedding dresses for family photos? I admit I am older, but is that really the norm???? ETA It literally reminds me of Tori's wedding dress. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic