IGNORED

John and Alyssa Webster 13: The Blessed Boy Arrived

Coconut Flan

All that effort--clothes, makeup, hair--to get pictures like this?

77916945_zoey2.png.bc5124f72467a1db16cbbe4475c75459.png    zoey.png.c2df0dd920680641e51275a56f0a505c.png

They should've taken pictures while the kids were running around in the park. You'd get better pics because the kids would be enjoying themselves, with open, natural smiles.

Why would anyone want to look back at Zoey looking tense and fake?

How many five year olds enjoy getting told to put on a particular dress, getting told to stand still while their hair is curled and makeup applied to their face, driving to a random field, being told to "smile" 17 times, and having a photographer trying to get you to laugh? Over and over again till the grownups are satisfied. "Zoey, look over here, SMILE! No, over here, Zoey. . . . "

Poor kid is doing the best she can. She's a cute child, but that's not a cute pic.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t take these two anymore. What if he hates playing softball/baseball? My family was always into sports yet my kids aren’t. I’m not going to force them. But John will force Rhett. 

B0655744-C198-4EFC-BD79-0BB4E40DC496.jpeg

What a pained expression he has! Poor kid. It’s no great thing to be a Golden Child, either. 

• Upvote 5

It's a really ugly picture. Rhett looks so tiny and exhausted and the baseball items looks so big... A baseball themed photoshot will be cute in maybe six months, with a smiley baby who can sit and interact. Now, it's ridiculous 

Poor Rhett, for whatever reason looks distressed in many pictures. Probably just need his milk and a good nap. Reminds me the Nurthan babies. 

He is not in a good position at all. Sisters will resent that he is the favourite, and at the same time he will resent all the pressure to be manly. And frankly, with Alyssa's lack of patience, I have my doubts that he will be treated that special. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t take these two anymore. What if he hates playing softball/baseball? My family was always into sports yet my kids aren’t. I’m not going to force them. But John will force Rhett. 

B0655744-C198-4EFC-BD79-0BB4E40DC496.jpeg

It's not even a well composed photo. I would not have propped up the bat. If you want to place the baby with baseball props, why not place the baby in a baseball glove? That would be a better composition and would include a way to admire how tiny the newborn is versus randomly placed items.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

I initially thought the blankets were baseball-themed until I zoomed in (the photo is really tiny on my phone); the white knitted one looked like pinstripes and the blue one looked like the words might have been baseball related.  If this had been the case, it would have been enough for a newborn; the props just look silly.

I have that same basket, but mine is currently full of Easter eggs waiting for next week’s hunt.

Edited by catlady
  • Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, catlady said:

I initially thought the blankets were baseball-themed until I zoomed in (the photo is really tiny on my phone); the white knitted one looked like pinstripes and the blue one looked like the words might have been baseball related.  If this had been the case, it would have been enough for a newborn; the props just look silly.

I have that same basket, but mine is currently full of Easter eggs waiting for next week’s hunt.

You mean you actually DO things for your kids rather than photographing them?? For shame!

• Love 5

12 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

You mean you actually DO things for your kids rather than photographing them?? For shame!

And they’re not even *my* kids 😀!  During Easter lockdown in 2020, there were three kids on our block and everyone’s plans were cancelled, so I picked up a few things from the dollar store (which was still open at the time), and surprised them with little egg hunts in their front yards; the Easter Bunny left baskets and notes at their front doors, and we waited for each family to discover them.  
we skipped 2021 because things were more normal that year, then did another one last year as there was a fourth child by then.  This year there are five kids, and we will go hide eggs around 5:30 am on Sunday.  They all had so much fun last year that we decided to do it again this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 30

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

He looks like Lexi. John

Fixed that because I'm sure you meant John. Yeah... he looks just exactly like John.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, catlady said:

And they’re not even *my* kids 😀!  During Easter lockdown in 2020, there were three kids on our block and everyone’s plans were cancelled, so I picked up a few things from the dollar store (which was still open at the time), and surprised them with little egg hunts in their front yards; the Easter Bunny left baskets and notes at their front doors, and we waited for each family to discover them.  
we skipped 2021 because things were more normal that year, then did another one last year as there was a fourth child by then.  This year there are five kids, and we will go hide eggs around 5:30 am on Sunday.  They all had so much fun last year that we decided to do it again this year.

That's really, really sweet. You're a good neighbor. ❤️

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

On 3/30/2023 at 1:12 AM, marmalade said:

Alyssa loves her some formal wear. 

Yes she does love chances to get all decked out for sure!  She even wore a floor length gown to a restaurant awhile back when Warden was over.  She'd have absolutely thrived at being a sorority girl & planning parties, etc.

On 4/2/2023 at 9:34 AM, rebeccawriter01 said:

It's not even a well composed photo. I would not have propped up the bat. If you want to place the baby with baseball props, why not place the baby in a baseball glove? That would be a better composition and would include a way to admire how tiny the newborn is versus randomly placed items.

Agreed that this isn't even a good pic of him. He's a cute baby but like someone else said, those items are WAY too big and poor child has no idea of all the photoshoots to come!  I thought a baseball glove might be cute as well.  I loved the pics Katie & Travis had made of their baby in her little dainty lace dress.  I think simple is the key when they are so tiny--but you know they HAD to get some 'boy' props in there to celebrate the beloved son!

• Upvote 2

I mentioned earlier that I had the same baby basket; here’s mine:

BAF44672-0B2C-4711-860B-F50A260C4A8F.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Love 27

I’m almost embarrassed to admit this but I put my 2 week old in a stocking her first Christmas Eve and took a picture. She truly was a much longed for miracle and the best gift ever. 

• Love 30

Just now, Expectopatronus said:

I’m almost embarrassed to admit this but I put my 2 week old in a stocking her first Christmas Eve and took a picture. She truly was a much longed for miracle and the best gift ever. 

Oh my, that sounds adorable! ❤️ Don't EVER feel bad about that! 

• I Agree 10
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

The babies born on Christmas were put in stockings at a hospital back in the 80s. I only knew this because someone I knew was born on Christmas and his stocking on the fireplace looked different from everyone else’s in the family. He said that’s the stocking he was sent home in from the hospital. It was rather large.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 3

23 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

That sounds really cute. Plus seasonal. Not some weird “prove the penis!” setting. 

• Upvote 8

On 4/2/2023 at 3:46 PM, fluffernutter said:

That's really, really sweet. You're a good neighbor. ❤️

We should all move to @catlady’s ‘hood!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Move on in!  We also give edible gifts to all of our neighbors at Christmas.  Pre-pandemic we gave out homemade cookies, but now we do candy.  And in the summer our end of the block does a pot-luck cookout.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 6

13 hours ago, catlady said:

Move on in!  We also give edible gifts to all of our neighbors at Christmas.  Pre-pandemic we gave out homemade cookies, but now we do candy.  And in the summer our end of the block does a pot-luck cookout.

I read this TWICE as "we also give edibles to all of our neighbors" and just about died 😂 I need more sleep or coffee or something!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 2

There was a couple in my province who decided to give out edibles for Halloween. They made the news on nearly every station. Memorable but for the wrong reason. Who the heck gives kids edibles?! Your treats would be a thousand times better!

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

A reminder John will finally have someone to play baseball/softball with, long awaited after the girls are stuck coming to watch his weekly games and not able to play themselves. What a stupid photo.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

I have always hated Alyssa's matchy-matchiness (and I say this as someone who co-ordinated my children's outfits) and now it feels so much worse. The four girls blending together while the blessed boy gets to stand on his own. 

Screenshot_20230409-064212.thumb.png.bbb0badd1ddc74eb6262d36bab8ca8cd.png

I went back and checked and Alyssa had Maci in matching clothes pretty much immediately. And I know she won:r stick Rhett in flowered pjs but it still makes me feel sad for the girls who aren't allowed to be individuals and are one collective while the baby brother is going to be doted on. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic