IGNORED

Jinger Duggar Vuolo 60

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, medimus said:

Oh, would she not be starting kindergarten this year then, usually. I think the cutoff in California is in September or October (? not entirely sure).

I don’t live in California but from my experience, all districts seem to have a different cut off date. But usually a July birthday is before most cut offs. The earliest cut offs are often August 1. So I imagine she would make a lot of the cut offs depending on the district. However they might “red shirt” her. Meaning she stays in preschool another year because the parents don’t think she’s ready yet. 

California is September 1 to start K or 1 in public school.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

In California it's September 1st, but many families choose to wait another year if their kids have summer birthdays, or even spring birthdays. A lot of people don't want their child to be the youngest in the class.

• Upvote 3

I think they're done having kids. In my opinion, Jinger would have gotten pregnant by now if they wanted a third. I also think they realize that having three kids with the cost of living in California would cramp their lifestyle more than they'd like.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I think they're done having kids. In my opinion, Jinger would have gotten pregnant by now if they wanted a third. I also think they realize that having three kids with the cost of living in California would cramp their lifestyle more than they'd like.

I think so too. If they have a third I tend to think it wont be for a few years, and possibly paired with a 4th. But more likely to just keep it at the 2 girls. They make really good money now, but hopefully are sharp enough to know influencing isn’t likely to be a consistent money stream forever. And if they want the kids  in private school and sports and  want to keep having nice clothes and all the treats — 2 children is already going to be very pricey. 

I think they could go either home school or Private for younger grades. There are so many public charter school and independent study / co-op options I could see them potentially going that route for older kids,  but just a  regular Christian Private High School with sports leagues seems more likely if they can swing it.  

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 1

I don’t know. I could see number three happening once the girls are both school age. Like in 2.5 years when Evie is 5. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, indianabones said:

A lot of the second gen have miscarried. It’s possible they want a third (and fourth, fifth…) but she’s had miscarriages and not shared it. 

• Upvote 8

Isn’t there a school affiliated to the college Jeremy attends? I can see him trying to get taken on as academic staff and getting a discount for the school fees.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

A lot of the second gen have miscarried. It’s possible they want a third (and fourth, fifth…) but she’s had miscarriages and not shared it. 

True- I didn't consider that. I'm so used to fundies getting pregnant right after having a miscarriage that I didn't even think about the possibility of secondary infertility.

• Upvote 1

I will say this, Jinger may not have left fundamentalism but by limiting her family size and sending kids to school for a quality education she is helping the next generation overcome fundamentalism and its limits. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

It’s crazy to me that parents can hold their students back. In my school division, your child is put into a specific grade based off the year they were born, whether it was January 1st or December 31st. There’s no delaying here except in special circumstances. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, viii said:

It’s crazy to me that parents can hold their students back. In my school division, your child is put into a specific grade based off the year they were born, whether it was January 1st or December 31st. There’s no delaying here except in special circumstances. 

It’s a very common practice in most of the US. Especially with boys. There’s a strange bias that boys must be red shirted if they have a summer birthday. But I think it should just be a case by case basis. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

It certainly happens in Canada too. I know several people whose kids had end of the year birthdays and they held their kids back a year. I also know other people who thought they would probably hold their kids back because of a December birthday but the kid really wanted to go to school so they decided to send them. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Baxter said:

It certainly happens in Canada too. I know several people whose kids had end of the year birthdays and they held their kids back a year. I also know other people who thought they would probably hold their kids back because of a December birthday but the kid really wanted to go to school so they decided to send them. 

It’s also a privilege thing. Because people who are lower middle class, working class, or living in poverty can’t afford to hold a kid back a year and keep paying for daycare. So it’s more middle class, upper middle class and wealthier folks who can afford to do it. 

• Upvote 11

Felicity is in (presumably pre-) school. Jinger said so on Mayim Bialk’s podcast. She only shared that she never would have thought that she would send her child to this school.

Also, her favorite TV show is Seinfeld, and she loves Kanye’s music.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

On 8/20/2023 at 8:40 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s a very common practice in most of the US. Especially with boys. There’s a strange bias that boys must be red shirted if they have a summer birthday. But I think it should just be a case by case basis. 

In the US some parents hold their kids back so they they will be bigger/stronger/faster than their classmates in sports.  High school sports are based on grade level- not age.  
So an 18 year old (12th grader) against a 13 year old (9th grade) can happen on the pitch, pool, court, track, etc.  

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Felicity is in (presumably pre-) school. Jinger said so on Mayim Bialk’s podcast. She only shared that she never would have thought that she would send her child to this school.

Also, her favorite TV show is Seinfeld, and she loves Kanye’s music.

I find it sort of weird her favorite show is Seinfeld. I don’t know why figured it would be some other show like The Office. Don’t get me wrong, I have watched Seinfeld since it first aired. I just figured it wouldn’t be Jinger’s humor.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I find it sort of weird her favorite show is Seinfeld. I don’t know why figured it would be some other show like The Office. Don’t get me wrong, I have watched Seinfeld since it first aired. I just figured it wouldn’t be Jinger’s humor.

It's probably more like Jeremy likes Seinfeld, so Jinger likes Seinfeld. She's used this tactic before. 

Kanye doesn't seem to be her jam, either, but we know Jeremy hero worshipped the guy a few years back. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

Still she’s getting exposed to stuff she’d never see if she had stayed in the TTH or married an ATI fundie. It positive but there’s more work to do deconstruction wise. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

she loves Kanye’s music.

Ew. I just can’t with anyone who supports him. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I read it thinking that it was Felicity who was into Seinfeld and Kanye.  

• Haha 5

If Felicity is in kindergarten now, I could see them trying for another kid in a few months. Then Jinger would only have Evangeline and the baby at home once Felicity’s in 1st grade. A lot of littles would cramp their style but they could think 2 at home is reasonable. 

I think Jinger has exchanged one cult for another, but her daughters getting to go to school instead of being sister moms will make a big difference for them. They’ll have a real childhood at least. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

For the life of me, I can’t find a healthy or appropriate reason why Jeremy would have been attracted to Jinger, as a potential partner. They seem to have nothing in common.I could see him lusting for the perceived name recognition, but that’s about it. 

Ben’s parents should have stopped their minor, teenaged son from pursuing Jessa. That couple is also poorly matched.

Jill and DD and Austin and Joy seem like much better matches-

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

For the record, she said Seinfeld and The Office are her two favorite shows. She doesn't watch a movie more than once, but said she will watch Office re-runs all day. When it came to the music discussion, Mayim was asking more "have you heard this music, have you heard that music".... Beatles: Yes; Spice Girls: No; Kanye: Yes, and has gone to a Sunday session or whatever they were called a few years back. I was more surprised that it was Mayim who brought up Kanye considering what an anti-Semite he is.

Only listened because I could NOT fall asleep last night. Our AC stopped working in FL yesterday and I'm 7 months pregnant. Rufus bless we can get this sorted out today 🥵

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Love 7

21 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

For the record, she said Seinfeld and The Office are her two favorite shows. She doesn't watch a movie more than once, but said she will watch Office re-runs all day. When it came to the music discussion, Mayim was asking more "have you heard this music, have you heard that music".... Beatles: Yes; Spice Girls: No; Kanye: Yes, and has gone to a Sunday session or whatever they were called a few years back. I was more surprised that it was Mayim who brought up Kanye considering what an anti-Semite he is.

Only listened because I could NOT fall asleep last night. Our AC stopped working in FL yesterday and I'm 7 months pregnant. Rufus bless we can get this sorted out today 🥵

I swear I didn’t even listen to the podcast when I said she seems like the type to like The Office over Seinfeld. Nailed it! 

• Upvote 3