IGNORED

Jinger Duggar Vuolo 60

samurai_sarah

On 7/12/2023 at 6:33 AM, xenobia said:

This is a screenshot from the vlog. She has what looks like jeans shorts and a t-shirt. 

9DB4C35E-8C61-4C96-9AB8-93252998366C_1_201_a.jpeg

Are those kids running ahead Seewalds? And why are they all crossing on a red light? 

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Are those kids running ahead Seewalds? And why are they all crossing on a red light? 

Based on my quick watch of the video, I think the girl in the white shirt and dark skirt is Felicity and the boy in the overalls is Henry. 

Fern and Ivy are in the stroller Ben is pushing, Evangeline is in the stroller Jinger is pushing, and Spurgeon is in front of Jessa and Ben.

The light is actually flashing, the screenshot just caught it on solid red. The streets are closed for a parade and they ran across the street while there was a gap between some motorcycle cops and some people carrying flags in the parade. . 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

• 1 month later...

I just watched Jinger's interview on "Mayim's Breakdiwn." It was the best interview I've ever seen Jinger give. Mayim's questions were well thought out and  created a lot of thoughtful responses. Jinger was articulate and continuing to mature and evolve. I'd like Mayim to interview Jill after her book is released. 

Edited by Markie
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

Is that truly 1.5 hours?  I *might* listen on my next drive to LA or to put myself to sleep for a week or two.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry I could never listen to 90 minutes of those two. I have always had mixed feelings about Mayim Bialik and of course the same goes for Jinger.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Not going to listen to Jinger nattering on for an hour and a half. 

I'm glad she's finally growing up. 

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sorry I could never listen to 90 minutes of those two. I have always had mixed feelings about Mayim Bialik and of course the same goes for Jinger.

Oh I am interested in your mixed opinions, I have always liked her....

Anyone wanna take one for the team and summarise please?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Anyone wanna take one for the team and summarise please?

I know this is old, but she does stuff like this, and I guess I just roll my eyes. And when she’s called out for it she’s like, “lighten up!” I just find it annoying. I don’t hate her at all. But I don’t love her either. https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/mayim-bialik-criticizes-racy-billboard-ad-featuring-ariana-grande/

She was also a vaccine skeptic back when her kids were little. But she’s not anymore. And she acts like it’s no big deal. I’m the type of person who would prefer her to say, “yeah I used to be a vaccine skeptic but I’ve learned more and realized that was a mistake.” But it’s like she has a hard time admitting to being wrong. Which is foreign to me. Because I admit to being wrong all the damn time 😝

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I can’t go as far as to say I like her now because of that Harvey Weinstein op-Ed she wrote where she came off as Jill Rodrigues-lite, saying women should dress modestly to avoid turning men on and becoming the victim of sexual assault. It might be me misconstruing, but it felt like she was bragging about being protected from sexual assault because she isn't "a perfect10.” Her quotes in spoiler.

Spoiler

"...experienced the upside of not being a ‘perfect 10.’ 

"As a proud feminist with little desire to diet, get plastic surgery or hire a personal trainer, I have almost no personal experience with men asking me to meetings in their hotel rooms. Those of us in Hollywood who don’t represent an impossible standard of beauty have the ‘luxury’ of being overlooked and, in many cases, ignored by men in power unless we can make them money.

"I have decided that my sexual self is best reserved for private situations with those I am most intimate with. I dress modestly. I don’t act flirtatiously with men as a policy."

In all fairness, she did apologize twice, but the fact that she even said it in the first place is why I can't go so far as to say I like her. But I certainly don't hate her or anything that strongly. The second apology in spoiler.

Spoiler

35E2A70E-FB62-4808-8B2F-3036B2E44B5A.thumb.jpeg.f914cd17636be2373255e671f7ce80d1.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

2 minutes ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

I can’t go as far as to say I like her now because of that Harvey Weinstein op-Ed she wrote where she came off as Jill Rodrigues-lite, saying women should dress modestly to avoid turning men on and becoming the victim of sexual assault. It might be me misconstruing, but it felt like she was bragging about being protected from sexual assault because she isn't "a perfect10.” Her quotes in spoiler.

Hide contents

"As a proud feminist with little desire to diet, get plastic surgery or hire a personal trainer, I have almost no personal experience with men asking me to meetings in their hotel rooms. Those of us in Hollywood who don’t represent an impossible standard of beauty have the ‘luxury’ of being overlooked and, in many cases, ignored by men in power unless we can make them money.

"I have decided that my sexual self is best reserved for private situations with those I am most intimate with. I dress modestly. I don’t act flirtatiously with men as a policy."

In all fairness, she did apologize twice, but the fact that she even said it in the first place is why I can't go so far as to say I like her. But I certainly don't hate her or anything that strongly. The second apology in spoiler.

Hide contents

35E2A70E-FB62-4808-8B2F-3036B2E44B5A.thumb.jpeg.f914cd17636be2373255e671f7ce80d1.jpeg

It’s funny because I’m not attractive either. I would say she’s probably much more attractive than me. But I never once thought it would protect me from being sexually assaulted. Actually one time when I was a tween, there was talk of a child predator in the neighborhood and one boy joked that no perv would try to kidnap me because I was so ugly. I knew then that was bullshit even though I was a kid. I knew even as a kid that anyone could be sexually assaulted. She prides herself on being so smart but damn, that op Ed was ignorant as fuck. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

It’s such a weird take. I’m fat now, but I have always been chubby, with a pretty big ass and chest. I was also a homeschooled MK who dressed extremely modestly. The amount of sexual harassment and abuse I received as a teen was unreal. In fact, I have a theory that men will flirt with and hit on women who are conventionally attractive, but will happily use and abuse women who aren’t with an ease that they don’t use as frequently with conventionally attractive women.  It was never safe being a woman. Fuck that noise. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

Hide contents

Nice take. I assure you, as a three year old I was not a perfect 10 either but that sure as shit didn’t keep me safe. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 33

10 hours ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

I did not know this about Mayim. Agreed that with her level of education, it’s amazing she could be this damned uniformed. I recall hearing about an exhibit “What Were You Wearing” that’s been shown at college campuses. Women have contributed the clothing they were wearing when they were raped. I just looked it up, the exhibit began in 2014. Seems astounding to me that Mayim is so out of touch in this day and age, especially since she refers to herself as a proud feminist. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/powerful-art-exhibit-powerfully-answers-the-question-what-were-you-wearing_n_59baddd2e4b02da0e1405d2a

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Were_You_Wearing%3F

I am so sorry for those of you who have been sexually assaulted.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 4

10 hours ago, treehugger said:

In fact, I have a theory that men will flirt with and hit on women who are conventionally attractive, but will happily use and abuse women who aren’t with an ease that they don’t use as frequently with conventionally attractive women.  It was never safe being a woman. Fuck that noise. 

I tend to agree. 

And I always remember this scene from When Harry Met Sally

Harry Burns:
No man can be friends with a woman he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.

Sally Albright:
So you are saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?

Harry Burns:
No, you pretty much want to nail them too

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2023 at 9:26 PM, treehugger said:

It’s such a weird take. I’m fat now, but I have always been chubby, with a pretty big ass and chest. I was also a homeschooled MK who dressed extremely modestly. The amount of sexual harassment and abuse I received as a teen was unreal. In fact, I have a theory that men will flirt with and hit on women who are conventionally attractive, but will happily use and abuse women who aren’t with an ease that they don’t use as frequently with conventionally attractive women.  It was never safe being a woman. Fuck that noise. 

I agree, and I think it's because sexual abuse is about power and not attraction.

What I'm going to say might be controversial, and I think most men do it unconsciously, but even ''common'' street harassment like whistling or insistent flirting is a way to show they still got power over women. And if a woman doesn't comply to society's beauty standards, well that is a big offense! How dare you live your life to the fullest while being fat for example? Sexual assault is still a way to control and put women in their place, even if men will say otherwise.

PS: I feel comfortable saying the word fat, because I'm fat. I truly do not mean to offend anyone. I read a lot of fat liberation blogs and it really has inspired me to use fat as a simply a descriptive word, just like tall or short would be used. It should not be synonymous with ugly or disgusting. It's just a word that describes me and other fat people, and is doesn't diminish our worth.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 4

23 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Nice take. I assure you, as a three year old I was not a perfect 10 either but that sure as shit didn’t keep me safe. 

I guarantee you that you were a perfect 10 as a three year old. Every toddler/preschooler is a perfect 10. And you along with every other child deserved safety, to be delighted in, encouraged to explore and celebrated. I am so sorry that the adults in your life failed to realize that! 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 28

The interview popped up on my youtube as a suggestion, so I listened to it while prepping dinner tonight. The thing that I thought was most interesting is that they have their kids in preschool, or at least are considering what school they should go to (around the 58 minute mark). I kind of assumed that Jeremy would want his daughters to go to a real school - no doubt a very christian one - but still a school. Good for them.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

3 minutes ago, xenobia said:

The interview popped up on my youtube as a suggestion, so I listened to it while prepping dinner tonight. The thing that I thought was most interesting is that they have their kids in preschool, or at least are considering what school they should go to (around the 58 minute mark). I kind of assumed that Jeremy would want his daughters to go to a real school - no doubt a very christian one - but still a school. Good for them.

Jinger has totally turned her back on the Duggar lifestyle and way of doing things. I would not be surprised if they didn’t have any more kids. Yes, she still has shitty thoughts on how society should function. No, she is not free indeed.

• Upvote 16

I think they’ll try for a boy a few more times. But I don’t see them with more than 4 kids. Jinger and Jill are the only Duggars I can really say that about. 

• Upvote 12

However more polished and cultured Jinger now appears, Jeremy knows her education was poor and given he appears to have ambitions as some sort of Christian academic/micro celebrity, I doubt he considers her capable of providing an adequate education for their children. Plus I think he will encourage his children to participate in sports- I can see him liking the idea of one of the girls becoming a tennis player or golfer.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

Jinger is still in down in the fundamentalist hole, but birth control is a huge improvement.  I think that If the girls finally go to a school, she would feel relieved. She would never succeed in homeschooling at the level Jeremy requires.

I doubt they will have many children, because Jeremy does not need many children to feel succesful (just the contrary of JB). I think that Jeremy prefers a few children in a private school and extracurricular activities and pretend he is an upper middle class dad tahn have 10 howler monkeys with a lousy homeschool education.

Felicity is 3 or 4 years old? Is she supposed to start preschool? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Idlewild said:

However more polished and cultured Jinger now appears, Jeremy knows her education was poor and given he appears to have ambitions as some sort of Christian academic/micro celebrity, I doubt he considers her capable of providing an adequate education for their children. Plus I think he will encourage his children to participate in sports- I can see him liking the idea of one of the girls becoming a tennis player or golfer.

Oh I bet he wants a daughter soccer star. I bet he would want to coach her too. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

22 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

She turned 5 in July.

Oh, would she not be starting kindergarten this year then, usually. I think the cutoff in California is in September or October (? not entirely sure).

• Upvote 3