IGNORED

Jinger Duggar Vuolo 60

samurai_sarah

The headline of this Jinger article made me laugh, though there’s no real substance in the article. I’d be more excited about Jinger’s short shorts if she wasn’t also carrying a big bag of Chick-Fil-A. 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/9387421/counting-on-jinger-duggar-shortest-shorts-jim-bob/

Someone clear this up for me, is it pronounced chick-fillet, chick-fill-ah or chick-fil-uh?

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

The headline of this Jinger article made me laugh, though there’s no real substance in the article. I’d be more excited about Jinger’s short shorts if she wasn’t also carrying a big bag of Chick-Fil-A. 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/9387421/counting-on-jinger-duggar-shortest-shorts-jim-bob/

Someone clear this up for me, is it pronounced chick-fillet, chick-fill-ah or chick-fil-uh?

It’s supposed to sound like chick fillet. But it’s spelled in a very annoying way in my opinion. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s supposed to sound like chick fillet. But it’s spelled in a very annoying way in my opinion. 

Pronounced the French way (fil-ay). I understand some Brits still pronounce it fill-et?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Pronounced the French way (fil-ay). I understand some Brits still pronounce it fill-et?

Oh those crazy Brits! With their aluminum and fillets! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

It's chick fill ay (long a).  It smells so tempting when driving by, but I don't tolerate the taste.  I'm guessing the Vuolos know the corporate history, but the average consumer in the US does not.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Wait, what - aren’t they supposed to be boycotting Chick-fil-A? We don’t have one near my ‘woke’ smallish left coast town so I’ve never sampled their fare.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/02/business/chick-fil-a-fake-controversy/index.html

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sndral said:

Wait, what - aren’t they supposed to be boycotting Chick-fil-A? We don’t have one near my ‘woke’ smallish left coast town so I’ve never sampled their fare.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/02/business/chick-fil-a-fake-controversy/index.html

All the Fundies I follow still seem to love Chick-fil-a, just as much as they love Hobby Lobby!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

CFAa is the perfect starter job for young Christian conservatives and fundies who are allowed to work. Because they are closed on Sundays. Which means they always have that day off for going to church. Plus the owner is very openly Christian which means a lot of Christian’s tend to work there. And Christians seem to love to work with other Christians.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

CFAa is the perfect starter job for young Christian conservatives and fundies who are allowed to work. Because they are closed on Sundays. Which means they always have that day off for going to church. Plus the owner is very openly Christian which means a lot of Christian’s tend to work there. And Christians seem to love to work with other Christians.

As a parent, I find teen jobs frustrating because many (restaurants and retail) want the kids working Saturday and Sunday which means, essentially, no days off if they are also in school Monday-Friday.

I dislike Chick-Fil-A politics but I have to say their closed-Sunday policy is a good one for teens who are working during the school year.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

4 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

As a parent, I find teen jobs frustrating because many (restaurants and retail) want the kids working Saturday and Sunday which means, essentially, no days off if they are also in school Monday-Friday.

I dislike Chick-Fil-A politics but I have to say their closed-Sunday policy is a good one for teens who are working during the school year.

Luckily I worked at a locally owned bakery in high school. They have always been closed on Sundays. But that meant I always worked Saturdays. Because that was a very busy day for a bakery. It was nice to always have a good idea of my schedule because of that. 

• Upvote 5

On 11/16/2023 at 4:51 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Luckily I worked at a locally owned bakery in high school. They have always been closed on Sundays. But that meant I always worked Saturdays. Because that was a very busy day for a bakery. It was nice to always have a good idea of my schedule because of that. 

I worked at various Pizza Huts in high school and to put myself through college. I wasn't savvy enough at the time to think about politics, if Za Hut even had any, other than grotesque capitalism. It paid the bills, though, and I made it through.

• Upvote 8

Okay, from the headline, I expected Jinger to be wearing booty baring short-shorts hot pants. Those shorts are tame and on par with what I see moms around my area wear all the time. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Hera said:

Okay, from the headline, I expected Jinger to be wearing booty baring short-shorts hot pants. Those shorts are tame and on par with what I see moms around my area wear all the time. 

I agree, the shorts aren’t a big deal. But the line about them driving Jim Bob into “an early grave” is funny. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

J&J did a Q&A. Among other things, she talks about how her book got the title "Becoming free indeed". And yes, it's a nod to this community. She's very well aware of it, and so is a lot of people around her. 

Spoiler

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

@xenobia Thank you for sharing that. I try to avoid watching the YouTube stuff, but I did find this interesting. Jinger kind of made Free Jinger sound like a group that has meetings dedicated solely to freeing Jinger rather than basically a snark site with a mission to educate, but it was still interesting that she acknowledged it. I felt she has seriously reflected on what it means to her to be free. Jinger is somewhat of an engaging personality if she could only get past the sweet season of using the words sweet and season. Although I just assume that Jeremy is a pompous ass in general, he was toned down and somewhat likable here, probably because he was interviewing Jinger and just letting her talk.

• Upvote 17

While Free Jinger does engage in snark, I think most of us have come to deeply care for the children being raised in stifling fundamentalist homes which aim to limit and hobble them. 

I am thrilled to see Jinger dressing for the weather, comfort, personal preference, and planned activities.  I am happy her children have arrived when she felt ready to have them. It seems her daughters are getting a much better education than she received. 

Is there more I wish for her? Yes

However, she has come so far. I am happy to take a moment and celebrate how far she has come. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 2

And who knows where she’ll be in another 7 years (I’m starting the clock from her marrying Jeremy). Once a person starts working on themselves you never know where you’ll end up. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Paint me unsurprised that the book title was a nod to FJ- I recall mentioning my thoughts in this forum when the book was released. It’s just could not be a coincidence. It’s too bad that Jinger didn’t marry someone with DD’s approach to untangling or deprogramming from the message endorsed at the TTH. IDK, I just find Jeremy less than genuine and more interested in Jeremy’s wellbeing than he is in making sure his family and wife are living an all around (mind, body, spirit) healthy life- I hope that Jinger can lead the life that JINGER wants to lead, and has all the support and help that SHE needs to live that life and to formulate and achieve HER OWN goals.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jinger and Jeremy are going to put out a video tomorrow of them reacting the Shiny Happy People. 

Took them long enough🙄

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

It will be interesting to see what she confirms.

She'll probably say that it wasn't like that, her parents loved her, yadda yadda. Jeremy might lean cult, but not to the point where he pisses off his in-laws. He'll probably acknowledge that he wasn't raised the same, and that he had doctrinal issues with JB. 

• Upvote 2

I'm curious if they'll throw Jill under the bus. My guess is they'll paint the Duggars as innocent pawns Gothard manipulated into doing his bidding. Duggars are just poor little victims who got suckered in and who never would've handled Joshyboy the way they did if it weren't for Mr Gothard using his sway over them to do the show. 

I just threw up a little in my mouth. 

• Upvote 4