IGNORED

Josh and Anna 56: AMA and Stuck in Duggarville?

Coconut Flan

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Does JB have a healthy work ethic? He is a scam artist and grifter who lacks shame- I am embarrassed for him!

I was being sarcastic. JB is an entitled grifter and Josh is a chip off the old block head. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 10

17 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Does JB have a healthy work ethic? He is a scam artist and grifter who lacks shame- I am embarrassed for him!

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm!

Edited because Jermajesty's post  wasn't showing up when I was reading the thread. 😀

Edited by marmalade

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

He seems to be pretty computer savvy.  Maybe he was giving instruction on how to set up a partition?

“Partition goes here, prayer requests go there.”

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 21

On 10/11/2022 at 6:37 AM, libgirl2 said:

I went to Catholic school and I just remember the teacher rather matter of factly saying "the penis is inserted into the vagina". No one asked any questions. I had a zillion, like exactly how do these fit together? Is it only to make a baby? Inserted? Like a tab?  My world wise friend clued me in. 

That’s what I said to my daughter the other day, and she didn’t ask questions either, she just crinkled her nose and said “yuck”. But she’s six, I expect there’ll be more questions in time.

Pa Keller sounds like an even worse asshole than JB. Regarding tech-savviness, I avoid Reddit for the most part but when I have ventured over there it didn’t take too long to figure out. I’m about Anna’s age and most people I know are aware of it and may have dabbled a couple of times, only a handful are on it regularly. Plus we know quite a lot of tech savvy fundies and ex-fundies, lots had blogs, some run IT services, the Anderson boys got caught up in that texting scandal…

Now if we could get an AMA from someone Arndt-adjacent I would clear my schedule.

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

All the comments here about the Reddit AMA are interesting. I don’t believe there was any quickie in a side room of the church after Josh and Anna said their vows. I’m not sure how Anna could grow up in a trailer and have no clue about sex if her mom had sixteen pregnancies? Ma and Pa Keller made no noise while doing it? However, lots of Reddit users on the AMA who suffered through purity culture talked about marital rape and how traumatized they were on their honeymoon. So who knows. And of corse there are the haunting photos of Anna the day after her wedding. 

There was also some mention that Lauren was also traumatized on her honeymoon after marrying Josiah? But here’s a young woman with a love of horses so wouldn’t she have learned something of the birds and the bees spending time around them?

The OK magazine article claims Josh looked “unrecognizable” in the jail photo. Huh? It’s a weird comment. He looks just like himself. Yeah, I also commented that he may have been in on the photo to get some cash. But does he need it? I thought his dad funded his jail account. 

• Upvote 9

I assume the only two ways Josh will keep a job is if no one adds to his commissary funds or if, by not working, they don’t allow him access to his funds. Even if he keeps a job though he’s paid so little he probably figures it’s better to not bother keeping one. As I understand it the stuff in the commissary sells at normal (or even higher than normal) prices. So even if he had a job he still could only afford a candy bar every couple weeks.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

I assume the only two ways Josh will keep a job is if no one adds to his commissary funds or if, by not working, they don’t allow him access to his funds. Even if he keeps a job though he’s paid so little he probably figures it’s better to not bother keeping one. As I understand it the stuff in the commissary sells at normal (or even higher than normal) prices. So even if he had a job he still could only afford a candy bar every couple weeks.

Commissary markup is extremely high, as are phone calls from prison. At least in America. None of the Duggars really seem to have a work ethic so I’m guessing someone just puts money on his books and he sits around all day. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I'm interested in the idea that Josh may actually be relieved to be living in prison. I can see this in theory for a lot of people---anyone have any experience with this? Or has this ever been studied? Genuinely curious.

• Upvote 1

I just want to ask Rufus to bless @formergothardite for posting that photo of John and Esther - I have never seen it before and it truly is one of the funniest photos I have ever seen. I cringed so hard I almost turned inside out!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 3

With how incompetent John is at counting pregnancy weeks, perhaps they did think Esther got pregnant two weeks after Enoch was born.  She just went like 5 months overdue.

• Upvote 2

On 10/11/2022 at 2:42 AM, marmalade said:

I am dubious. How on earth would s/he know that Smuganna slipped into a little side room for the quickie that took Anna's virginity? And one of Anna's siblings stood sentinel? Sorry, but that just didn't happen.

Too many people watching them to ensure something like this didn’t happen. JB knew his son was sleazy. He would have had spies everywhere. 

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Too many people watching them to ensure something like this didn’t happen. JB knew his son was sleazy. He would have had spies everywhere. 

I doubt this was the case for Josh. He was still the golden child and JB & Michelle were complicit in covering up his crimes. Plus other Duggar children had already discovered what happens when they told the truth so I doubt even the most outspoken child would’ve said anything by that point. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

Dubiousness of the claim and Josh's golden child status aside, it wouldn't have mattered. This would have been A-OK in their belief system because they had been married. We've seen Jim Bob hump Michelle on TV on a mini golf course. As long as the vows are done, this is allowed as long as it doesn't outwardly 'corrupt' any of the other children and if the guarding sibling doesn't know what is happening in a broom closet, then it doesn't matter to them. 

The only thing I can't think might matter is the disrespect for the location but to the best of my recollection, the wedding party was relatively disrespectful of the space at the Josh and Anna Wedding anyway. Didn't like, a decoration piece rip a bit of dry wall out of the wall and they all laughed? 

Also, in Jim Bob logic this happening is the answer to all of his problems. Josh can be out of the house and all the problems are Anna's. Wedding's over, lust isn't sin anymore. This isn't inconsistent with their beliefs even if there are other issues that make it unlikely. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

On 10/12/2022 at 6:36 AM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I was raised dysfunctional, I get so angry when people tell me I can’t do this or that. I’ve already survived the hardest thing in my life, I’ve got this 

Scream that war chant Sister.. (or mr) us on fj will run behind you waving banners!!!!!!! 

• Upvote 4

When Jessa and Ben ran off to have their first kiss in private after the wedding, I figured it was a full on make out session. Not some quick kiss at the alter everyone expects. Like I said before, I bet Josh wanted more than just their kiss at the alter right away. I’m guessing he wanted to make out like teenagers in mainstream families do with their first girlfriend when they are still in jr high or high school. I can’t help but assume a lot of fundies want to do that since they were made to wait to even kiss until they were pronounced man and wife. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, Cam said:

However, lots of Reddit users on the AMA who suffered through purity culture talked about marital rape and how traumatized they were on their honeymoon. So who knows. And of corse there are the haunting photos of Anna the day after her wedding. 

What are these photos the day after her wedding?

7 hours ago, displayname said:

I wonder if he's a commissary queen, using his money for protection.

Is there a way to find out?

37 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Scream that war chant Sister.. (or mr) us on fj will run behind you waving banners!!!!!!! 

Sister, and thank you! It’s usually with a social worker who’s trying to get me to limit myself because I might achieve too much for a mentally ill person, or what they feel uncomfortable with. Then they turn around and try to deny me services because I’m “high functioning.” 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

20 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I'm interested in the idea that Josh may actually be relieved to be living in prison. I can see this in theory for a lot of people---anyone have any experience with this? Or has this ever been studied? Genuinely curious.

My son the inmate is a model prisoner whenever he is in jail. As a child, he was diagnosed with "the worst case of ADHD" his psychiatrist had ever seen.  when he is in jail or prison, (yes, there's a difference) he knows what to expect. He's on a schedule. He knows what is expected of him. He knows where his next meal is coming from. He knows when he's going to bed. If he runs out of soap or deodorant, and has no commissary money, these items will be given to him. 

He has "cell buddies" and they teach each other how to game the system. They look at new inmates and call people, me included, to look them up to find out the charges new people have against them. There's a definite hierarchy.

To me, this would seem a small world over which I have no control whatsoever. He sees it as liberating. He has absolutely no worries. I have no doubt he's relieved to be in jail right now, He'd never admit it, but he thrives in jail.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 30

The first photo is Anna on her wedding day. The following two photos are after her honeymoon night. Look at the third photo. She’s already making herself smaller to fit into Joshy boy’s world.

96716498-E59D-422C-A25C-18DA425FE6F4.jpeg

CE47F70F-1494-470E-AAEA-D87E1DED1574.jpeg

A2220076-6994-4E3D-AD28-B6EC5F230734.jpeg

58FF183B-CC69-455D-9CC3-167C200C1DFC.jpeg

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 9
  • Thank You 5

Jiggling Joshy does not like he is into Anna at all in the post wedding pictures.

I would not be surprised at all if Jiggling Joshy was not a virgin on his wedding night. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Tatar-tot said:

I would not be surprised at all if Jiggling Joshy was not a virgin on his wedding night. 

Nah, I feel like that would have come out already if that was the case. 

• Eyeroll 2

This is where discussions around virginity get truly bizarre. I am guessing the question is did he have penis-in-vagina sex versus, what…fingers in unconsenting vaginas?

Clearly he had sexual experiences prior to marriage and Anna likely did not.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

On 10/12/2022 at 9:17 AM, Satan'sFortress said:

I have (very limited) experience working in reentry and recidivism reduction, but at the state level. Recidivism has been studied quite a bit - why offenders reoffend, why people go back to jail, why some people get caught intentionally so they can go back to jail.

The rest of this is my speculation based on nothing.

Josh might might do well in jail, as he was basically raised in an institution. He won't be bothered by the lack of privacy, it will be like his childhood. The routine, very similar to his childhood. Having access to things other inmates don't have access to due to his money/family/fame allows him to feel some power that he doesn't really deserve, just like when he was a kid who got special privileges for being first born. 

He doesn't seem to really care about his family, so he won't miss them. There won't be little kids around annoying him as they have his entire life. The food won't be a huge change for him, and it is served at regular, predictable intervals. There are classes (sometimes), and books (sometimes). 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Jiggling Joshy does not like he is into Anna at all in the post wedding pictures.

He wasn’t, he’d already sexually assaulted 4 sisters and a baby sitter, that we know of. 

3 hours ago, Cam said:

The first photo is Anna on her wedding day. The following two photos are after her honeymoon night. Look at the third photo. She’s already making herself smaller to fit into Joshy boy’s world.

96716498-E59D-422C-A25C-18DA425FE6F4.jpeg

CE47F70F-1494-470E-AAEA-D87E1DED1574.jpeg

A2220076-6994-4E3D-AD28-B6EC5F230734.jpeg

58FF183B-CC69-455D-9CC3-167C200C1DFC.jpeg

These photos are haunting! I never thought I’d feel sorry for Anna but I do.

• Upvote 4
  • Angry 1
  • I Agree 2

His upbringing is actually going to help him in his current situation. He was raised to follow rules and is not intellectually curious or inquisitive. Incarceration seems mind-numbingly boring to me, but if you're already comfortable living with your brain turned off, then it seems like prison would be much easier. I don't see his current situation being any great burden for Josh.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic