IGNORED

Josh and Anna 56: AMA and Stuck in Duggarville?

Coconut Flan

On 10/13/2022 at 1:59 PM, SorenaJ said:

Does the prison have heating? I imagine winter nights can still be cold, even though it’s Texas.

Yes, the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex can have some cold winter weather, but it's not relentless.  Dallas is the same latitude as Tel Aviv, for example, and northern Alabama. 

On 10/13/2022 at 7:53 PM, monkeyrocks71 said:

...when I was a kid in upstate NY, it was known that some of the homeless people in the area would commit lesser crimes in order to spend the winter (or at least part of it)  in jail.  They'd have shelter, warm meals, etc.

Also known as three hots and a flop, referring to three hot meals and a bed.  This phrase may have come from the Depression.

• Upvote 8

On 10/14/2022 at 1:53 AM, Melissa1977 said:

They were 20 year old. All floors are comfortable at that age, haha.

Anna was thrilled about sex, it was so evident. I may have been an arranged marriage but in no way it was a forced marriage or a traumatizing wedding. The courtship, honeymoon and newlyweds videos showed an amazed, proud Anna.

I remember Anna talking about how people think that fundies (not her word) wouldn't be enthusiastic about "the physical side of marriage," but they would be wrong. This was probably like a week after the honeymoon.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 10/15/2022 at 2:13 AM, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I wonder if Josh would engage in gay sex and if he did what would be the response from the Duggar borg. 

I think that Josh is so entirely power/admiration motivated that he'd give anything a go. I don't think he'd balk at sexual activity with men if he were in control of the situation. Obviously he'd still consider/present himself as straight.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

I think that Josh is so entirely power/admiration motivated that he'd give anything a go. I don't think he'd balk at sexual activity with men if he were in control of the situation. Obviously he'd still consider/present himself as straight.

Yes. I agree he is power and admiration focused. He’s also focused on the forbidden.

It’s a combination destined for trouble unless the person is seriously grounded.

Edited by noseybutt
  • Upvote 4

I don't think prison will be too hard for Josh.

He's used to arbitrary rules & communal living with lots of oversight.  He's shared essentially a large dorm room with multiple people until he married Anna.  Both JB and the reformers place he went to after Ashley Madison had stupid rules.

He also knows how to charm and suck up to the right people.

Prison - no kids running around, plenty of food, not doing hard labour (like he had to do post scandal) and able to have a wank without being told he's going to hell.  Also allowed to do things previously forbidden, like swear and make dirty jokes.

• Upvote 17

Take with grain of salt if you choose

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2022/10/17/exclusive-prison-source-tells-all-on-anna-duggars-frequent-visits-with-josh-duggar-anna-planning-to-relocate-to-texas-sending-josh-relationship-books-more/

Josh Duggar has been in a Texas prison for a few months now, but The Ashley hears that his devoted wife Anna is doing everything she can to keep their marriage going— despite Josh being sentenced to 12.5 years in prison for receiving child sex abuse materials (CSAM).

According to The Ashley‘s behind-the-bars sources, Anna has been visiting Josh faithfully every other weekend, despite the nearly six-hour drive from her home in Arkansas to the Federal Correctional Institute (FCI) Seagoville where Josh is housed.

While Anna continues to visit Josh faithfully (even recently visiting on back-to-back weekends earlier this month, due to the fact that Anna was nearby attending an event in Texas), The Ashley’s sources tell her that the couple is actually at odds over one topic: whether or not Anna and their seven kids should move to Texas.

“Don’t bother, Anna! My dad is gonna get me out soon. Yup…any minute now…”

According to The Ashley’s source, Anna is currently looking for a home for her and the kids that is close to the prison. However, Josh— who recently filed an appeal— is unhappy that Anna is planning a move to Texas.

“He thinks he is going to beat his appeal and feels his wife’s move is unnecessary. He tends to think they are going to reverse his case,” the source tells The Ashley, adding that this has caused some tension for the couple.

“Josh and Anna had a dispute on the phone and Josh went two days without talking to her, which is big because he calls every day.”

The source claimed that Josh currently has 500 phone minutes a month, but he doesn’t have access to email “due to his charge.” 

“An inmate with a sex offender charge doesn’t [get email privileges],” the source tells The Ashley. “An inmate with a sex charge must prove himself with no trouble and time under his belt. Josh applied to the warden for email [privileges], but was quickly denied.”

“But…but…did you tell them you are a DUGGAR?!”

The source goes on to claim that Anna seems “tired, broken and worn out” during her visits with Josh. 

“His actions appear to have really affected her,” the source said.

In fact, The Ashley can reveal that Anna recently sent Josh some faith-based books that she feels will help their relationship. 

“She sent him the book Draw Close: A Devotional for Couples,” the source tells The Ashley. 

According to the book’s listing on Amazon, this book— which is authored by Willard F. Harley and his wife Joyce—brings “readers devotions to help them increase their intimacy with God and each other.” 

“Each devotion begins with a story and includes a brief meditation, a relevant Scripture passage, and application questions to help make the principles a reality,” the listing reads.

Anna reportedly also sent Josh the book Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires, The Respect He Desperately Needs by Dr. Emerson Eggerich. 

While both men and women deserve both love and respect, in the midst of conflict the driving need for a woman is love and the driving need for a man is respect,” the book’s Amazon listing reads. ” When either of these needs isn’t met, things get crazy….If you want to feel peace, closeness, value, and to experience marriage the way God intended, this book will help you get there.”

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 11

That book "Love and Respect" is the biggest piece of shit on the planet. My pastor said he read it and I sat with him and pointed out the bullshit in it. The book went in the trash and he never recommended it again. Before you crap on my pastor, think about this...a woman w/o any sort of theology degree was able to teach him something. Its funny because now he'll ask me if I've read this book or that book. We had a great discussion on DuMez' book, among others. 

Anna still smells desperate. She is not going to get her fairy tale ending. The sooner she gets her head out of her ass and realizes this, the sooner she'll be able to figure out her future. 

• Upvote 30

Who knows. All if that’s plausible, though. I mean, except for the part where Josh gets out soon. 

I’m curious about the visiting times. I thought they were more limited due to covid. 

Edited by Giraffe
Unredundancing my redundancy
  • Upvote 4

15 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Take with grain of salt if you choose

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2022/10/17/exclusive-prison-source-tells-all-on-anna-duggars-frequent-visits-with-josh-duggar-anna-planning-to-relocate-to-texas-sending-josh-relationship-books-more/

Josh Duggar has been in a Texas prison for a few months now, but The Ashley hears that his devoted wife Anna is doing everything she can to keep their marriage going— despite Josh being sentenced to 12.5 years in prison for receiving child sex abuse materials (CSAM).

According to The Ashley‘s behind-the-bars sources, Anna has been visiting Josh faithfully every other weekend, despite the nearly six-hour drive from her home in Arkansas to the Federal Correctional Institute (FCI) Seagoville where Josh is housed.

Is it terrible that I thought, "Well, at least every other weekend instead of every?". It's really unclear from the website but if Seagoville has gone to bare minimum re: COVID, that's 4hrs/month, though, and then choosing two two-hour visits instead of four one-hour visits seems logical, and not as hopeful. 

On one hand, moving to Texas to be near Josh...ew.
On the other, moving away from Arkansas and away from Jim Bob to a husband in prison who is clearly not that into her...maybe good for her, if not painful at first. 

• Upvote 5

Assuming even a small portion of that article is true, they both sound delusional in different ways. If Josh truly believes his conviction will be reversed on appeal, he is an idiot. You did it, Josh. Admit it, take your medicine, and move on. You received a fair trial with adequate representation by counsel, which is more than some of your fellow inmates probably got. There aren’t sufficient grounds to reverse the conviction, no matter how much money Jim Bob throws at your problems. 

If Anna is visiting and talking to Josh regularly and sending him devotionals for them to work through together, she is going to push him away. There will come a time when he throws those marriage devotionals at the wall and tells her to lay off. Let him deal with his own problems and focus on your kids, Anna. They need you far worse than Josh does at the moment. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 12

2 hours ago, sndral said:

Exactly how does Anna plan to house, clothe, & feed herself & her 7 children if she moves to Texas? 

Davilla 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I know it’s not a funny topic, but the idea of being in prison, for a decade, dealing with all that prison is, hours  away from the spouse you clearly aren’t all that into — and still being nagged to work on relationship goals, and probably show your homework,  is just hilarious to me.  Couldn’t happen to a more worthy a**ole. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 25
  • I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

I know it’s not a funny topic, but the idea of being in prison, for a decade, dealing with all that prison is, hours  away from the spouse you clearly aren’t all that into — and still being nagged to work on relationship goals, and probably show your homework,  is just hilarious to me.  Couldn’t happen to a more worthy a**ole. 

Right? Can they judge add devotional torture to his sentence? 

Anna, way to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 2

Does he really believe the appeal will be successful? (Or does he really, really want to keep Anna six hours away?) 
  Why would JB support her move to Texas? 

Edited by Bastet
  • Upvote 8

34 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Does he really believe the appeal will be successful? (Or does he really, really want to keep Anna six hours away?) 
  Why would JB support her move to Texas? 

I'm sure the TTH occupants would miss the M-kids - they've grown up together and the kids seem secure and happy there. The Duggars have undoubtedly provided support and manpower helping Anna manage her 7 kids.

I don't think Anna has exactly been experienced as a ray of sunshine since entering the Duggar orbit (and vice versa). She apparently has lingering frustrations and hostilities related to the Duggars and Josh's trial. I am sure she would like to beat feet out of Duggarville but it would likely traumatize her kids.

If Anna moved, her new headship would be David Pecanthief, who already has his hands full of his own responsibilities.

It's a big decision, with pros and cons, probably good for her but bad for the kids?.

• Upvote 9

I don't see how she could support herself if she moved, unless jimbob paid her to live off location

Tight arse jimboob is gunna make her stay on the compound because it is the cheaper of the two devils

As much as I cant stand TFDW he should not have to pay to support anna to the possible detriment of his own family even christian charity and family responsibilities should only stretch so far and a useless adult and 7 minors in addition to your own family is to much. 

I am hopeful that the prison josh is in does not allow minors to visit sex offenders so there is no reason for the minors to be there 

I am so sad that if they do allow it anna will traipse those kids in there, just like her father did to her. 

• Upvote 5

Kids are allowed in federal prison, but there's a minimum age limit. I don't recall what that is, but I don't think Anna could bring most of her kids, even if they were allowed to visit a convicted child sex abuser. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Kids are allowed in federal prison, but there's a minimum age limit. I don't recall what that is, but I don't think Anna could bring most of her kids, even if they were allowed to visit a convicted child sex abuser. 

Kids of any age can visit, those under 16 have to be put on the approved visitor list by their parent or guardian. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

I don't think Anna has exactly been experienced as a ray of sunshine since entering the Duggar orbit (and vice versa). She apparently has lingering frustrations and hostilities related to the Duggars and Josh's trial. I am sure she would like to beat feet out of Duggarville but it would likely traumatize her kids.

I imagine that the steady stream of Duggar grandchildren currently being produced are a sad reminder to Anna of what she has lost.  She might have been pregnant herself now.  As things are, even if Anna does become pregnant after Josh gets out she'll then have to spend the next 18 years supervising that child's interactions with its own father.  Moving to Texas, IMO, would be a similar situation though she'd get to spend more time with Josh.  I can see her holding a disproportionate amount of hope that Josh will be released upon appeal, since it appears the only way her life might go back to "normal".

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Moving to Texas, IMO, would be a similar situation though she'd get to spend more time with Josh.

He gets 4 hours a month of visitation time. There is no "spending more time with Josh". 

• Upvote 4

David Waller was very much Team Josh- perhaps if he had counselled Josh and Anna to accept his guilt and negotiate a sentence deal, things could have been different. He has a smattering of education, perhaps he should have foreseen this.

• Upvote 2

I wouldn’t put it past JB to pay for rent of a home near the prison. Hell, he’s into real estate right? Well he could buy a property for Anna. Then when Josh gets out, he could sell it. Nothing surprises me about JB anymore. I think if Anna is willing to stay with Josh, support him, and keep the kids in communication with Josh, he will give Anna money. 

• Upvote 7

I see Anna staying put for the time being.  If Josh doesn't want her living close to the prison, he'll put the word out to JB.  She can't move without total financial support. 

Speaking of financial support -- what would y'all estimate to be the minimum monthly burn rate for an adult and 7 kids?  Rent, groceries, health insurance, activities, misc, car insurance, gas, renters insurance and so on?  $3,000 to $4,000/month? More?

A 3-bedroom house would be the minimum, 4-bedroom house preferable.  And knowing how that works, an extra room for visiting whoever, or someone's spare daughter sent to help Anna with the kids. 

If a move does take place, would she relocate down the block from the Pecan Thief and Pris?  Would a member of the Pecan Thief's congregation take pity on Anna and offer a house?  And who the heck would want to rent a house to someone with 7 kids? 

Is Josh's appeal in the works right now?  If so, what's the date of the judges's decision. 

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic