IGNORED

Josh and Anna 56: AMA and Stuck in Duggarville?

Coconut Flan

The story of Esther and John basically having an arranged marriage has been around for awhile. So I totally could see her crying. It has also been known that they couldn't touch before marriage. Which is how they ended up with this weird photo.

Spoiler

tgeihpvcqhx81.thumb.jpg.b13c485dcf39f9a7b909f23877c8d7e3.jpg

Didn't Anna's brother in law admit years ago the whole Josh Lego sex talk was staged and the couple knew about sex? 

My guess is the person knew Anna years ago and has a lot right, but not everything. 

• Upvote 14
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 4

I knew someone who was impregnated ridiculously soon after birth and she did have a miscarriage. Of course in my mind I was thinking her body just wasn’t ready to have another baby. But that was just my guess. I don’t know if that was the truth. But she did get pregnant again with a longer period between and that baby was born healthy. 

• Upvote 6

The math for this mysterious pregnancy does check out, if we assume she had a miscarriage. Per the wiki, Enoch was born 1/17/03 and Alatheia was 3/13/04. That gives us a mid-June concept date for Alatheia. Plenty of time for Esther to get pregnant (early Feb conception), suffer a miscarriage (Mar-May), and get pregnant again in June. We've seen other fundies get pregnant again immediately after a miscarriage before. And if any fundie was a big enough scumbag to impregnate his freshly postpartum wife, it's John. As heartbreaking as this story is, I am not the least bit surprised. 

What I found more shocking was that Ma Keller allegedly had 16 pregnancies. She apparently had a stillbirth with a full term baby between Anna and Susanna, which explains the weird gap. 

• Upvote 13

9 minutes ago, WannabeHistorian said:

The math for this mysterious pregnancy does check out, if we assume she had a miscarriage. Per the wiki, Enoch was born 1/17/03 and Alatheia was 3/13/04. That gives us a mid-June concept date for Alatheia. Plenty of time for Esther to get pregnant (early Feb conception), suffer a miscarriage (Mar-May), and get pregnant again in June. We've seen other fundies get pregnant again immediately after a miscarriage before. And if any fundie was a big enough scumbag to impregnate his freshly postpartum wife, it's John. As heartbreaking as this story is, I am not the least bit surprised. 

What I found more shocking was that Ma Keller allegedly had 16 pregnancies. She apparently had a stillbirth with a full term baby between Anna and Susanna, which explains the weird gap. 

Actually Jill spilled that online a few years ago. Because women are only good for making babies. So when mentioning Ma Keller, she had to also mention her 9 miscarriages. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Didn't Anna's brother in law admit years ago the whole Josh Lego sex talk was staged and the couple knew about sex? 

No, he said it wa staged and Josh (obviously!) knew better. But not Anna.

• Upvote 9

35 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

No, he said it wa staged and Josh (obviously!) knew better. But not Anna.

It never occurred to me that the man might be given information but not the woman. Wow. It fits with their attitudes but still. Wow. 

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 3

Something about this just doesn't sit right with me. I've been on the internet since I was a teenager and I STILL find reddit confusing. Has this person confirmed how many years they've been out of ATI? I just find it odd that they've picked up such slang like 'sus' and whatnot. Interesting to read, at any rate, but I feel like a handful of people here on this board that have followed the Duggars long enough could to an AMA. A lot of time you say an assumption is correct and people will run with it because it's what they've suspected for years. Maybe I'm just skeptical but I'm not a believer. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

It never occurred to me that the man might be given information but not the woman. Wow. It fits with their attitudes but still. Wow. 

It is disgusting. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

20 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

I can definitely see this happening in fundie circles men given information & not the women. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

40 minutes ago, viii said:

Something about this just doesn't sit right with me. I've been on the internet since I was a teenager and I STILL find reddit confusing. Has this person confirmed how many years they've been out of ATI? I just find it odd that they've picked up such slang like 'sus' and whatnot. Interesting to read, at any rate, but I feel like a handful of people here on this board that have followed the Duggars long enough could to an AMA. A lot of time you say an assumption is correct and people will run with it because it's what they've suspected for years. Maybe I'm just skeptical but I'm not a believer. 

My 9 and 7 year old kids say sus. They got it from a game called “Among Us.” Sus is all over the internet now. It’s not just Reddit.

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2

Yes, I know. I also play Among Us and work at a school. I just have a hard time believing someone extremely sheltered and raised in a cult is now using such slang, unless they've been out for a while which was my original question. Has the person said how long they've been out? Their timeline doesn't add up for me, personally. 

• Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, viii said:

Yes, I know. I also play Among Us and work at a school. I just have a hard time believing someone extremely sheltered and raised in a cult is now using such slang, unless they've been out for a while which was my original question. Has the person said how long they've been out? Their timeline doesn't add up for me, personally. 

I don’t have a strong opinion about this person one way or the other. I don’t feel like there is enough information to vet one way or the other.

But I am realizing that I have a strong reaction when people say someone from a cultish or otherwise dysfunctional childhood would not be able to do xyz as an adult.

That they couldn’t learn slang or develop tech skills or function at a job or effectively educate their children or manage finances or whatever.

The truth is, people from neglectful and abusive and isolated backgrounds do manage those things.

Some don’t.

But those with the cognitive flexibility and confidence to get out—that is already serious skills right there and proof that they can and do learn.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, noseybutt said:

But I am realizing that I have a strong reaction when people say someone from a cultish or otherwise dysfunctional childhood would not be able to do xyz as an adult.

Well, I was also raised in a cult my entire childhood, so I have a little more understanding on what I personally find believable or not, based off personal experience. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, viii said:

Well, I was also raised in a cult my entire childhood, so I have a little more understanding on what I personally find believable or not, based off personal experience. 

A lot if us were. It doesn’t automatically preclude us from learning about things after we’ve left. I get your experience has been different but it doesn’t mean it’s everyone’s experience. 

• Upvote 21

Obviously. I'm just saying for THIS particular person, I doubt their validity for a number of reasons, this only being one of them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

19 minutes ago, viii said:

Well, I am guessing you don’t easily trust people who are both anonymous and claiming special insight. That would be a healthy way to vet the world.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, noseybutt said:

I don’t have a strong opinion about this person one way or the other. I don’t feel like there is enough information to vet one way or the other.

That they couldn’t learn slang or develop tech skills or function at a job or effectively educate their children or manage finances or whatever.

The truth is, people from neglectful and abusive and isolated backgrounds do manage those things.

Some don’t.

But those with the cognitive flexibility and confidence to get out—that is already serious skills right there and proof that they can and do learn.

I was raised dysfunctional, I get so angry when people tell me I can’t do this or that. I’ve already survived the hardest thing in my life, I’ve got this 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 21

The way she talked made me think she’s been out for awhile. 

I want to add, the internet is incredibly helpful in catching people up on pop culture type stuff. I think people leaving cults 20 years ago had a steep learning curve. And it probably took awhile to catch up on pop culture. But nowadays, I think you can Google just about any weird phrase and get the answer. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

I assume she is about Anna's age and she said that she never married in the cult (she got out while still unmarried). Given that girls are married off early in their peer group, (though there are exceptions of course), i assume she must have been out for 10+ years. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Esther courtship story is tragic. And thinking how her married life has gone, makes me feel for her. 

On the other side, Anna had an arranged marriage but she was thrilled and I see a sense of superiority in the courtship/early marriage episodes. She liked Josh, she liked the money and "fame", she felt godlier than others and she obviously wanted many babies. Maybe her pride is what keeps her pretending all is ok.

• Upvote 19

49 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

For what it's worth gossip site reports Josh lost his prison job after two weeks.

https://okmagazine.com/p/josh-duggar-fired-from-prison-job-arrogant-attitude/

Was he really given a tutoring job? (CSAM prisoners tend to be an educated lot relative to general prison population and I can't imagine he is one of the better educated ones.)

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, noseybutt said:

Was he really given a tutoring job? (CSAM prisoners tend to be an educated lot relative to general prison population and I can't imagine he is one of the better educated ones.)

He seems to be pretty computer savvy.  Maybe he was giving instruction on how to set up a partition?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 25

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Dude can’t even keep a job in prison. JB sure passed on his healthy work ethic and attitudes. 

Does JB have a healthy work ethic? He is a scam artist and grifter who lacks shame- I am embarrassed for him!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic