IGNORED

Josh and Anna 56: AMA and Stuck in Duggarville?

Coconut Flan

Just now, SassyPants said:

I’ve known families with generational wealth and there were always a handful of people in every generation that were very money smart, hardworking, educated and forward thinking. Of course, the balance were generally rather average…same thing was present where the smart ones in charge  dole out money for small businesses that the balance at least in name and for tax purposes, own. Unfortunately, in the Duggar group there is no smart, educated, forward thinking, hardworking crew. JB eff’d up when he denied and mocked education. 

Exactly. He could have done so much more for all of those kids, especially ensuring they all got appropriate levels of education. He's left with a bunch of uneducated bumpkins many of whom will not make it when Daddy transitions into Hell. 

• Upvote 12

On 3/15/2023 at 11:24 PM, marmalade said:

Sorry, FJ doesn't take me to the last post I read. I have to kind of guess, and as a result I miss posts. I have complained about this, but this is apparently unique to me and the two devices I use to view this site. 

Not unique to you. This has been my way of FJ life since the update. 😫

• I Agree 5

According to the tabloids and tiktokers who seem to have inside the prison sources, Anna knew about the phone but didn’t turn him in.  They were calling each other on it.

I think the only surprise of the whole thing is that Josh actually called his wife.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Exactly. He could have done so much more for all of those kids, especially ensuring they all got appropriate levels of education. He's left with a bunch of uneducated bumpkins many of whom will not make it when Daddy transitions into Hell. 

And maybe not all of them, but at least some of the more motivated kids- JB’s ego got in his way. He didn’t want his kids to live independent lives, or do better than he has done. Plus he’s cheap, AF.

• Upvote 7

I can totally see Anna (and Josh) thinking their need to speak to one another overrides any rules - theirs is a godly ordained marriage, not subject to state rules etc etc. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 10

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I can totally see Anna (and Josh) thinking their need to speak to one another overrides any rules - theirs is a godly ordained marriage, not subject to state rules etc etc. 

Absolutely. Besides, he's innocent so of course it's good he has a phone! Only those who've been justly convicted are supposed to follow the law. /s 🤢

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

There are about 50 kids and grandkids with more grandkids being added every year and this will accelerate for another 25 or so years with the youngest daughter only about 13 now. No way will there be multi-generational wealth here, no matter how much JB has now. 

I wasn’t trying to claim that the Duggars are the next Walton family that will never have to work again for generations to come. I was predicting that the 19 Kids shouldn’t have financial difficulties raising their own families since none of them really live extravagant lifestyles. It would be a horrible look for the whole Duggar family to turn their backs on Anna and allow her and her kids to live in poverty. I think they’ll be taken care of.

• Upvote 1

And I’m just over here forgetting the Walton Family that owns Walmart and trying to figure out why you thought the TV Walton Family was rich?😂

• Haha 14
  • I Agree 12

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Or working from home. Are there no school buses in AR? The youngest kids could be part of the pre school. Didn’t Anna have some rudimentary education background? 

Preschool might not be an option. My daughter got her rejection letter from pre-k Friday. She’s three (Dec birthday) and they screened her in February for a September start. They think she’s not smart enough to start on time. My mom heart is breaking because she was so excited at the open house and really wanted to go to school. 

• Sad 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • Love 11

I wouldn't expect Josh to learn from this, but I really hope Anna does. 

I suspect this next year is going to be especially hard on her. If Josh weren't in prison, she'd be easily be pregnant with #8 about now, given her pattern. But instead, she's going to have to watch her sister Priscilla catch up to her in number of kids (Pris is also due for a baby later this year, or very early next years). And with her sister catching up comes the prospect that Priscilla will have more kids than her. I don't think Anna will take that well. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic