IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 11: Get Your Christofascism Here Folks!

nelliebelle1197

Liz posted this on Instagram. It’s a birthday chart. That’s a lot of July birthdays. I’m guessing at least one of the secret Bontrager Bowers babies was born in July. I can’t read them unfortunately. Maybe someone else can. ETA: the heart shapes are probably anniversaries.

ETA AGAIN: Nevermind. 🙄 It’s an old pic since Brynleigh’s bday and Gemma’s birthday are not on it. So the secret babies wouldn’t be on it either. 

495C03F7-47F8-478B-BC89-2E03CE3E418E.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

On 3/14/2023 at 3:56 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

They both seem to be popular retreats. Although I guess I can kind of see why. A bunch of homeschooled SAHDs are probably always looking for an excuse to get away from their home for a few days and hang out with friends. The numbers for the manly retreat is smaller, but I’m guessing that’s because the young fundie males have work schedules they have to deal with. Otherwise more might attend. 

The retreats should be held at neighboring boys and girls camps.  The subversive fundie boys and girls can sneak out and do a little late-night before-marriage side-hugging!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Liz posted this on Instagram. It’s a birthday chart. That’s a lot of July birthdays. I’m guessing at least one of the secret Bontrager Bowers babies was born in July. I can’t read them unfortunately. Maybe someone else can. ETA: the heart shapes are probably anniversaries.

ETA AGAIN: Nevermind. 🙄 It’s an old pic since Brynleigh’s bday and Gemma’s birthday are not on it. So the secret babies wouldn’t be on it either. 

495C03F7-47F8-478B-BC89-2E03CE3E418E.jpeg

That is actually a really cute way to keep track of birthdays and anniversaries in a big family.

Now I feel weird because I said something nice about the Bonts.

• Upvote 12

On 3/31/2023 at 3:15 AM, ophelia said:

That is actually a really cute way to keep track of birthdays and anniversaries in a big family.

Now I feel weird because I said something nice about the Bonts.

the Bonts post lots of “cute” things- good food, beautiful tables, decorations. And this is what makes them frightening. Someone could easily get sucked in by these things and then start believing in some pretty dangerous  ideas. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

the Bonts post lots of “cute” things- good food, beautiful tables, decorations. And this is what makes them frightening. Someone could easily get sucked in by these things and then start believing in some pretty dangerous  ideas. 

I’m sort of glad Marlin Bont basically has verbal diarrhea when it comes to his ridiculous beliefs. Sometimes at his own daughter’s wedding and sometimes at their family performances. I’m glad they were all happy to post pics of them at the insurrection before they took them all down when people got arrested for being there. They definitely look nice in some aspects. But they do show their asses at times. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 10:18 PM, hollyfeller said:

The retreats should be held at neighboring boys and girls camps.  The subversive fundie boys and girls can sneak out and do a little late-night before-marriage side-hugging!

Maybe the godly maidens could sit and sip fancy coffee drinks while watching the godly young men do a pushups contest or something else manly.  Who knows how many marriages might arise from such an event.

By the way, I had no idea that the Bontrager swine operation was so big--looks like over 1,000 pigs: https://facilityexplorer.iowadnr.gov/FacilityExplorer/SiteDetail.aspx?facID=310724124 

• Upvote 6

20 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Maybe I missed it here but Allison had her baby.  Check her Instagram 

Allison Helferich? She had her baby back in November. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Liz chiming in with yet another reminder to worship your brothers  with the obligatory picture that looks like a courtship announcement:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cq8p2H8uQZB/ 

image.thumb.png.0bc07f08b1123a9b110b199b28791d75.png

So does she let little brothers lead? Should a 5 year old brother lead his 16 year old sister? What a pathetic way to look at the world and family.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 15

Isn't Lincoln in a courtship? Shouldn't he be focusing on his relationship with his siblings' sister-in-law?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Isn't Lincoln in a courtship? Shouldn't he be focusing on his relationship with his siblings' sister-in-law?

It’s crazy because these Bont girls seem to get jealous when their boyfriend/brother gets married and no longer pays attention to them. It’s all so creepy and gross. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

It makes me wonder how hands on Marlin is as a dad. It almost seems like she is desperately trying to get a father figure. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

28 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

It makes me wonder how hands on Marlin is as a dad. It almost seems like she is desperately trying to get a father figure. 

I think Marlin is probably much more hands on with his boys because they work and do chores with him. The girls are stuck with Cold Becky. Teen girls tend to think a lot about romantic relationships so I think they are trying to practice with their brothers (and dad) because they aren’t allowed to date. Which is disturbing.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Eating soup while driving? :my_confused:image.png.24f847d55a260f13508825e9a717570e.png

Eating soup while driving, while also taking pictures of it! 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 3

Hang on, does she just mean soup made with stock? Or is bone broth something even nastier than I thought? 

And maybe she's safely parked in the middle of an airstrip. That could be an airstrip......

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Eating soup while driving? :my_confused:image.png.24f847d55a260f13508825e9a717570e.png

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

Hang on, does she just mean soup made with stock? Or is bone broth something even nastier than I thought? 

And maybe she's safely parked in the middle of an airstrip. That could be an airstrip......

Bone broth is very in with the health food crowd these days. The Bontragers are very into the essential oils and trendy health foods. I’m not against eating healthy but I swear these types think it cures all. Which is ridiculous. 

Also, bone broth is the same thing as stock except it’s cooked a lot longer. Like for 24 hours. While stock is only a few hours. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

There are soups you can sip out of thermos. Eating with a spoon while driving sounds dangerous.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Bone broth is very in with the health food crowd these days. The Bontragers are very into the essential oils and trendy health foods. I’m not against eating healthy but I swear these types think it cures all. Which is ridiculous. 

Also, bone broth is the same thing as stock except it’s cooked a lot longer. Like for 24 hours. While stock is only a few hours. 

Every once in a while I crave some bone broth. Especially after being sick for a few days or postpartum. When I first breastfed my son I was desperate for it and was so glad when my mother made it.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Liz just posted she had a stomach ache yesterday and she rubbed the essential oil blend “digize” on her belly and it helped so much. Lololol. She’s not the first essential oil hun to claim this bullshit. Rubbing something on your stomach skin won’t magically fix your stomach ache. That’s like saying rubbing some oil blend on your chest will fix your heart problems or rubbing it on your leg will fix a broken leg. These snake oil saleswomen are nuts. 

• Upvote 11

• 2 weeks later...

I used to love making bone broth in my instant pot when I was eating low carb.  I would take whole chicken wings and carrots/onions/celery/garlic and cook them for like 6 hours with pressure, then strain it and debone the chicken for other recipes.  It had all the collagen and gelatin and whatever else in it and was so filling and delicious.

But I never ate it with a spoon while driving and photographing myself.  I'm not that extra.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

According to Liz's public instagram stories, they visited Chelsy's family last weekend. There were some cute pics of Chelsy's two boys.

• Upvote 2

I have one brother; he's younger than me.  We are very close, but I don't worship him (which is such a weird bizarre fundie thing),

He certainly doesn't lead me. He wouldn't dare, Bur we are best friends, respect each other and support each other when needed. We also sometimes argue, and don't agree on everything all the time.  

Pictures of us do not look like engagement announcements (creeeeeppppy to the max)

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic