IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 11: Get Your Christofascism Here Folks!

nelliebelle1197

On 6/5/2023 at 10:22 PM, SwimmerBoy29 said:

Carver gives me “second coming of the wannabe fundie country singer” vibes after Lawson Bates. He’s even got a ripped skinny jeans picture up on his Instagram and sang the national anthem at a Savannah Bananas game (which bummed me out, the baseball fan that I am, I can only hope that they had no idea of his beliefs when he got invited to sing).

Would not put it past Liberty University in the least to bring him out to sing the national anthem at a football game.

It kills me to say it, but he really is super talented. 

Blech.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Too bad we couldn’t see if Carolina’s 3rd is a boy or girl. It definitely looks like Cass has a girl. So Josh has 2 boys then a girl, Chelsy has 2 boys then a girl, Mitch has 2 boys and then a girl. If Carolina has a boy now, she would follow the pattern of 2 then 1 of the opposite sex. 

Based on this pic I’m guessing it’s a boy. No hair bow and a dark pacifier.

IMG_5206.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

IMG_5206.jpeg

And a blue onesie. Definitely a boy. 

And Elizabeth, lots of people are friends with their brothers. You’re neither different nor better than the unwashed heathens. 

• Upvote 11

23 minutes ago, postscript said:

And a blue onesie. Definitely a boy. 

And Elizabeth, lots of people are friends with their brothers. You’re neither different nor better than the unwashed heathens. 

But do they date their brothers!? That’s what’s so creepy about the single Bontragers. They want to go out on dates with their single brothers. It’s so damn weird. 

3 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

It kills me to say it, but he really is super talented. 

Blech.

I do think he’s better than Lawson.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I do think he’s better than Lawson.

That bar is so low it's on the ground. 

• Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

Damn, I think I'm an unwashed heathen and my brother lives a mile down the road and we're great friends.  I've also had close friend who were guys and it wasn't romantic and nobody was threatened by our friendship but the Bontragers.

• Upvote 2

On 5/30/2023 at 9:30 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Notice the girls don’t get Christian hero names. Because they had the audacity to be born female. 

We used to attend a church that on the face of it didn't seem super-fundie but had a pastor who had a bunch of kids (8, I think?) I actually heard him in a Sunday school class one day say that he and his wife had chosen very strong, meaningful names for their sons, because that was important, but that when they had daughters, they just picked names that sounded pretty.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 2

38 minutes ago, Bethy said:

We used to attend a church that on the face of it didn't seem super-fundie but had a pastor who had a bunch of kids (8, I think?) I actually heard him in a Sunday school class one day say that he and his wife had chosen very strong, meaningful names for their sons, because that was important, but that when they had daughters, they just picked names that sounded pretty.

It’s so common in fundie families. Look at the Bateses. They have kids named Isaiah Courage and Warden Justice. But then they have cutesy girl names that sound like nicknames. Like Ellie, Katie, and Josie. There are multiple fundie families like this. Jill Rod names her boys strong biblical names. But her girls get cute names like Tessie. The Duggars gave many of their boys Biblical names. But not the girls. I know they had a J theme so there are few female J names in the Bible, but even the girls didn’t get many biblical middle names. But lots of the boys did. 

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

IMG_5206.jpeg

The resemblance between Carolina and her mom is striking in this picture.

I also usually don't see the resemblance between Cass and Lina, but in this picture Lina looks a lot like Cassidy.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Rachel Raylyanu and Matt Reith are getting married 8/5/23

Sorry, posted in the wrong thread

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s so common in fundie families. Look at the Bateses. They have kids named Isaiah Courage and Warden Justice. But then they have cutesy girl names that sound like nicknames. Like Ellie, Katie, and Josie. There are multiple fundie families like this. Jill Rod names her boys strong biblical names. But her girls get cute names like Tessie. The Duggars gave many of their boys Biblical names. But not the girls. I know they had a J theme so there are few female J names in the Bible, but even the girls didn’t get many biblical middle names. But lots of the boys did. 

Not saying it doesn't happen a lot, I was just really surprised to hear the dad announce so openly that they valued strong names/meanings for the boys because that was important for their lives but just went for "cute-sounding" for the girls.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Bethy said:

Not saying it doesn't happen a lot, I was just really surprised to hear the dad announce so openly that they valued strong names/meanings for the boys because that was important for their lives but just went for "cute-sounding" for the girls.

Yes, I doubt they would see it as something negative so they probably are more open about it. They are so entrenched in patriarchy that a man has to be strong. He has to be a leader. And the women have to be meek, sweet, and submissive. And many fundie naming choices reflect that. 

• Upvote 3

We have names for the mysterious Bon-Bowers babies! Carson&Lina have Spurgeon, and Josh&Cass have Lillian. Answered in a story on Liz's insta. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 13

9 minutes ago, WannabeHistorian said:

We have names for the mysterious Bon-Bowers babies! Carson&Lina have Spurgeon, and Josh&Cass have Lillian. Answered in a story on Liz's insta. 

I couldn’t listen but I honestly can’t believe there could be another Spurgeon in the world. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 12

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I couldn’t listen but I honestly can’t believe there could be another Spurgeon in the world. 

Only in Fundieland. But now we hace two Duggar-Bontrager crossover names. And why are they the two worst???

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Only in Fundieland. But now we hace two Duggar-Bontrager crossover names. And why are they the two worst???

It really is funny how they both chose Brynley Noelle but there just spelled it differently. 

I guess if there was another family to use Spurgeon, it would be the Bonts. They are obsessed with naming their boys after great Christian heroes. 

• Upvote 11

52 minutes ago, WannabeHistorian said:

I bet Joshua Bontrager is fuming that he won’t be able to use Spurgeon for his next male child. After all, he made multiple self-righteous posts about the honorable men he named his sons after. 

Seriously, the world does not need another child named Spurgeon. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, postscript said:

I bet Joshua Bontrager is fuming that he won’t be able to use Spurgeon for his next male child. After all, he made multiple self-righteous posts about the honorable men he named his sons after. 

Seriously, the world does not need another child named Spurgeon. 

Nah, they seem to be using letter themes, and Joshua and Cass are using W for their boys it looks like. They'll use something like Wesley or Warfield or Wycliff or Wyatt.

• Upvote 5

I could see Grace and Josiah Moffitt using Spurgeon for a boy. The Mallys always liked meaningful names and the girls are Hosanna and Maranatha. 

15 hours ago, postscript said:

Seriously, the world does not need another child with the last name Bontrager Spurgeon

FIFY

• Upvote 7

On 6/26/2023 at 4:38 PM, marmalade said:

That bar is so low it's on the ground. 

No, that would be TiTRod.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lydia Hardy updated her profile picture. This is the first picture of her baby boy. She struggled with infertility.

IMG_0713.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Allison posted this and I’m trying to figure out the point of it. I’m all for giving children their privacy. I’m glad some fundies do this. I think more people need to give their children privacy on SM. But I don’t get why she is posting this picture when every single face is covered. It just seems pointless. 

BA63FFD4-7283-4FF1-A276-030500C00820.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

As someone who gets very little out of faces, I find the photo cute with all of the colors on top of the colors. Sure, it would be better if we saw the babies heads, but their identity isn't totally necessary to me. It does make me a bit confused, because wouldn't they all be her nieces, not her cousins?

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic