IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 11: Get Your Christofascism Here Folks!

nelliebelle1197

These families are still freaking me out...

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Taylor posted a poorly-formatted, poorly argued thesis on the blog about…..how the Bible is infallible? I honestly can’t tell. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

Taylor posted a poorly-formatted, poorly argued thesis on the blog about…..how the Bible is infallible? I honestly can’t tell. 

I think it was supposed to be an argument about how the KJV is the only 100% accurate version, but since he never seems to mention the KJV, I dunno. Its a huge overstuffed grab-bag of Bible quotes and taglines, thrown together in a homeschool blender. 

I seem to remember one of his old brothers (Carson?) briefly tried make himself a fundy blogger/aspiring politician, but then seemed to disappear after the Jan. 6 insurrection.

I personally think the Bontrager/Bowers/Helferich boys are floating around the Nazi-infested cesspools of GETTR, Truth Social, and other semi-underground  fundy MAGA sites. And I bet they've got some big caches of automatic weapons too.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I think it was supposed to be an argument about how the KJV is the only 100% accurate version, but since he never seems to mention the KJV, I dunno. Its a huge overstuffed grab-bag of Bible quotes and taglines, thrown together in a homeschool blender. 

I seem to remember one of his old brothers (Carson?) briefly tried make himself a fundy blogger/aspiring politician, but then seemed to disappear after the Jan. 6 insurrection.

I personally think the Bontrager/Bowers/Helferich boys are floating around the Nazi-infested cesspools of GETTR, Truth Social, and other semi-underground  fundy MAGA sites. And I bet they've got some big caches of automatic weapons too.

Not  Carson, Joshua.

https://joshuabontrager.com/

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

43 minutes ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

"For centuries,
men have tried to twist and pervert the written word of God. "

well, thank god I'm a woman and not implicated here!

46 minutes ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

"If God’s word isn’t 100% accurate, then it obviously contains errors." Well yes, young scholar, well, yes! I'd give you a cookie, but I don't remember if your family eats them or not...

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5

Joshua tried to be the intellectual of the family. He failed in my opinion. He will just ride his father in law’s coattails as long as he can. How does he even make money? I guess I just assume he “works” for his father in law kissing ass. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Joshua appears on Curtis Bowers' podcast. CB is a scary, right wing lunatic, hip-deep in conspiracy theories and MAGA wing-nuttery. He intersects with Alex Jones in a lot of his ideas. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

27 minutes ago, postscript said:

Is Taylor the one who won the Bible Bee? 

Yes. So he’s obviously very good at memorization. But that’s just one thing. I would guess he’s not as good at critical thinking. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I wonder if Becky and Marlin ever think about why so many of their kids have moved away. I hope the next ones to get married also move far away. 

• Upvote 7

I'm furious that some ultraorthodox Jewish asshat has brought polio back to the United States after visiting other ultraorthodox anti-vaxxed folks in Europe. Unvaxxed people should be allowed on airplanes, and especially not into other countries.

Anyway, we know the Bontragers (and many of their Mennonite relatives) are anti-vax. I wonder if that includes polio vaccinations?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm furious that some ultraorthodox Jewish asshat has brought polio back to the United States after visiting other ultraorthodox anti-vaxxed folks in Europe. Unvaxxed people should be allowed on airplanes, and especially not into other countries.

Anyway, we know the Bontragers (and many of their Mennonite relatives) are anti-vax. I wonder if that includes polio vaccinations?

Oh I’m sure being anti vax means all of them. Maybe even tetanus. Which is crazy since they are farmers. 

• Upvote 9

Does the US even routinely vaccinate for polio anymore?  I thought it was eradicated-ish to the point where they stopped vaccinating for it. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Does the US even routinely vaccinate for polio anymore?  I thought it was eradicated-ish to the point where they stopped vaccinating for it. 

We still do it, as a shot/jab, not an oral dose. Polio is part of the combined 7-vaccine series (see below), so I think many folks aren't even aware its in the mix.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/immunize.htm#:~:text=Data are for the U.S.,(3%2B doses)%3A 92.6% Immunization
Data are for the U.S.

Percent of children vaccinated by age 24 months:
Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (4+ doses DTP, DT, or DTaP): 80.7%
Polio (3+ doses): 92.6%
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) (1+ doses): 90.8%
Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) (primary series + booster dose): 79.6%
Hepatitis B (Hep B) (3+ doses): 90.6%
Chickenpox (Varicella) (1+ doses): 90.2%
Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) (4+ doses): 81.0%
Combined 7-vaccine series: 68.3%
Source: Health, United States, 2019, table 31 pdf icon

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

16 hours ago, Giraffe said:

It was never eradicated; it was just controlled by vaccine! That is why I get so damn mad at anti-vaxxers of any stripe. 

If you can control an illness with a vaccination and you do not vaccinate your child (with the obvious exceptions for allergy, chronic illness etc) then I don’t see how that is much different than child abuse/neglect.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 2

I really wonder if Chelsey and John's kids are vaccinated. Her family is anti-vax, but I am pretty sure the Maxwells vaccinate their kids. 

• Upvote 9

11 hours ago, ElizaB said:

I really wonder if Chelsey and John's kids are vaccinated. Her family is anti-vax, but I am pretty sure the Maxwells vaccinate their kids. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Chelsy made those decisions and they aren’t vaccinated. However it’s possible they did change their mind when Maddie was born premature. It’s possible the doctors talked her into some vaccines. But before Maddie, I guarantee the two boys weren’t vaccinated. I would bet money on it.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

If she's exactly 27 weeks today, then she's due October 25. That's 16.7 months after Malachi's birth. Not surprising amount of time, given that Chelsy had 16.8 months between Axton and Elliot. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 1

Oh great, either another boy to bring up as a misogynist, homophobic extremist; or a girl, to be brought up as a domestic servant and broodmare. I can't ever be happy when another fundie pregnancy is announced. Well, good luck, little one. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

On 7/22/2022 at 12:21 PM, Giraffe said:

Thanks. Is a booster ever recommended for it? 

I believe so. I got one a few years ago when I traveled to a country where polio is endemic. 

• Thank You 1

I had to redo my childhood vaccines as an adult, and we definitely still vaccinate for polio with a booster. I recall it on my paperwork.

If you were born in the 80’s or later you have not had a smallpox vaccine (unless military). 

Chelsy strikes me as the type to take her kids to chicken pox parties. So stupid.  Shingles is miserable.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I've had shingles 3 times as an adult, it is misery, and I'm still too young to get the shingles vaccine.  I wish the chicken pox vaccine had been a thing when I was a kid. 

• Sad 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic