IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 11: Get Your Christofascism Here Folks!

nelliebelle1197

20 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

That's true. And actually, looking at the fundie wiki, their sister Lydia only has 1 child,  born about 2 years after she was married, and she's been married for about 10 years. I doubt either Praise or Lydia would be preventing, at least for this long, so it's possible their are fertility issues among the sisters. Only the oldest, Ana, seems to have had "normal" fertility, and she "only" has 5 after 13 years of marriage. 

Also interesting, but Ana and Lydia seem to be married to brothers; both men have the last name Hardy. 

Yes, I believe the Hardy Boys are brothers. They look like brothers to me. The Helferiches will have 5 children married to siblings and the Bontragers will have 5 children married to siblings. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2

Poor Alison -Less companionship from sisters in law as yet another Helferich daughter leaves and cleaves and joins the Bontragers

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Poor Alison -Less companionship from sisters in law as yet another Helferich daughter leaves and cleaves and joins the Bontragers

Yeah I assume Susanna will go live near the Bontrager farm. But I guess Allison will enjoy when Denver/Praise and Lincoln/Susanna come to the Helferich compound. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

I want to list all the Christian heroes the Bontragers named their boys after. I think they’ve mentioned some in passing but I’ll list them anyway:

Mitchell Joe: named after the ultimate Christian hero in the Bontrager family, Marlin Joe. And Mitchell’s first son is Micah Joe. 

Carson Wayne: I believe they’ve said he was named after Ben Carson.

Joshua Maxwell: my guess is John C Maxwell. But maybe also James Clerk Maxwell.

Denver Elliot: very likely after Jim Elliot.

Lincoln Taylor: probably named after James Hudson Taylor. And probably not Abraham Lincoln. 

Hudson Reed: probably after James Hudson Taylor again. They were probably running out of Christian heroes by their 6th son. 

Notice the girls don’t get Christian hero names. Because they had the audacity to be born female. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I want to list all the Christian heroes the Bontragers named their boys after. I think they’ve mentioned some in passing but I’ll list them anyway:

Mitchell Joe: named after the ultimate Christian hero in the Bontrager family, Marlin Joe. And Mitchell’s first son is Micah Joe. 

Carson Wayne: I believe they’ve said he was named after Ben Carson.

Joshua Maxwell: my guess is John C Maxwell. But maybe also James Clerk Maxwell.

Denver Elliot: very likely after Jim Elliot.

Lincoln Taylor: probably named after James Hudson Taylor. And probably not Abraham Lincoln. 

Hudson Reed: probably after James Hudson Taylor again. They were probably running out of Christian heroes by their 6th son. 

Notice the girls don’t get Christian hero names. Because they had the audacity to be born female. 

Both Denver Elliot Bontrager and Elliot Rex Maxwell are named after Jim Elliot. Chelsy said so when Elliot was born. 

Rebecca Bontrager is named after her mother. 

• Upvote 5

Just now, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Both Denver Elliot Bontrager and Elliot Rex Maxwell are named after Jim Elliot. Chelsy said so when Elliot was born. 

Rebecca Bontrager is named after her mother. 

But Becky can’t be a Christian hero! She’s a silly girl! 

-I’m being very sarcastic here. 

• Upvote 5

On 5/28/2023 at 2:06 AM, Shannonsnarks said:

Allison looks miserable tbh 

She and her husband look to be a terrible match. No chemistry there whatsoever.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

She and her husband look to be a terrible match. No chemistry there whatsoever.

Which is so weird because the chemistry of her brother and his sister at their wedding was off the charts. You could tell they were in their own little world and couldn’t wait to be married. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Which is so weird because the chemistry of her brother and his sister at their wedding was off the charts. You could tell they were in their own little world and couldn’t wait to be married. 

I mean, but Praise grew up in a super repressive environment without much fun (it appears) and was marrying into a less-repressive environment. Denver on the other hand was getting a super pretty girl with all of his same toxic views. It was a dream come true for both of them.

On the other hand... Jeremiah grew up in a super repressive environment and as a male has been bred to create that culture in his own home and doesn't seem to think enough to want to do anything outside of it, so Allison lost a bunch of freedom while marrying a very meh looking guy IMO.

• Upvote 8

Quick question: are the Bowers IBLP? I know that Carver has denied a relationship with Johannah Duggar, but she turns 18 this year, so JB May try to sell her off. I just think that after Derick and Jeremy, JB won't go off the IBLP reservation to find husbands for the remaining daughters. Maybe he'll make an exception for Carver, who has been a regular at the TTH?

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Quick question: are the Bowers IBLP? I know that Carver has denied a relationship with Johannah Duggar, but she turns 18 this year, so JB May try to sell her off. I just think that after Derick and Jeremy, JB won't go off the IBLP reservation to find husbands for the remaining daughters. Maybe he'll make an exception for Carver, who has been a regular at the TTH?

I think JB would approve of Carver Bowers. However I have a feeling that Carver may look elsewhere. He seems to think pretty highly of himself and seems to have big music dreams. I don’t know if he would want to publicly get involved with a Duggar now. He probably has a wide range of sweet pretty fundie females to choose from. 

• Upvote 4

Is Lincoln Taylor the one with all the sweet Bible Bee $$?

Meanwhile, confirmation of the Bontrager grandchild total of 14:

image.png.2f0e2bc9bca964f22496ec863d170849.png

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Is Lincoln Taylor the one with all the sweet Bible Bee $$?

Meanwhile, confirmation of the Bontrager grandchild total of 14:

image.png.2f0e2bc9bca964f22496ec863d170849.png

Yes, he won Bible bee money a few years back. If he put it in savings, he will have a huge down payment for a house.

• Upvote 3

On 6/3/2023 at 7:20 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think JB would approve of Carver Bowers. However I have a feeling that Carver may look elsewhere. He seems to think pretty highly of himself and seems to have big music dreams. I don’t know if he would want to publicly get involved with a Duggar now. He probably has a wide range of sweet pretty fundie females to choose from. 

Carver gives me “second coming of the wannabe fundie country singer” vibes after Lawson Bates. He’s even got a ripped skinny jeans picture up on his Instagram and sang the national anthem at a Savannah Bananas game (which bummed me out, the baseball fan that I am, I can only hope that they had no idea of his beliefs when he got invited to sing).

Would not put it past Liberty University in the least to bring him out to sing the national anthem at a football game.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Instead of linking, could you post a pic of its public? Thanks

Sure thing.  And it is public.

IMG_0696.jpeg

IMG_0697.jpeg

IMG_0698.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 12

Too bad we couldn’t see if Carolina’s 3rd is a boy or girl. It definitely looks like Cass has a girl. So Josh has 2 boys then a girl, Chelsy has 2 boys then a girl, Mitch has 2 boys and then a girl. If Carolina has a boy now, she would follow the pattern of 2 then 1 of the opposite sex. 

• Upvote 6

Hopefully we'll get a full family pick from the wedding and can see what Carolina's third is. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Taylor and Susanna are getting married on August 12, according to this registry (link).

The Bontragers are taking a tour break from Aug 7 to Aug 31: https://bontragerfamilysingers.com/tour but their Aug 7 performance is in Mountain Lake, MN, home of the Helferichs who didn't move to Missouri. So I guess they will just hang out for a week until the wedding.

They will be performing at this Hutterite Colony in Mtn Lake: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmendorf_Christian_Community

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The Bontragers are taking a tour break from Aug 7 to Aug 31: https://bontragerfamilysingers.com/tour but their Aug 7 performance is in Mountain Lake, MN, home of the Helferichs who didn't move to Missouri. So I guess they will just hang out for a week until the wedding.

They will be performing at this Hutterite Colony in Mtn Lake: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmendorf_Christian_Community

They seem to pitch in when it comes to weddings. So they might spend the week baking, making decorations, and cleaning for the big day. In Amish culture, lots of people help with weddings. Not just the immediate family. 

• Upvote 4

Is there any other family that obsesses over "sibling relationships" more than the Bontragers??

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

27 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Is there any other family that obsesses over "sibling relationships" more than the Bontragers??

No. The Wissmanns are a close second. And then the Rods are third. 

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic