IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs 11: Get Your Christofascism Here Folks!

nelliebelle1197

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think the other one looks like Alyssa.

A mix of Alyssa and Michael. 

• Upvote 2

The Bontragers are on a southern tour and performed in Andersonville, TM just a few miles from the Bates yesterday.

Next month they are taking their unvaccinated selves down to Mexico, all the down way to Belize, to perform at various Mennonite communities:  https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn7fTTJun7F/ 

As their band gets smaller, and the kids get older,  surely their appeal is shrinking. Until the grandkids get old enough to perform.

• Upvote 8

29 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The Bontragers are on a southern tour and performed in Andersonville, TM just a few miles from the Bates yesterday.

Next month they are taking their unvaccinated selves down to Mexico, all the down way to Belize, to perform at various Mennonite communities:  https://www.instagram.com/p/Cn7fTTJun7F/ 

As their band gets smaller, and the kids get older,  surely their appeal is shrinking. Until the grandkids get old enough to perform.

They were actually scheduled at Gil’s church on Sunday morning. And then a different church Sunday night. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They were actually scheduled at Gil’s church on Sunday morning. And then a different church Sunday night. 

That would explain the pictures of Bontrager teens and Bates teens together. I don’t recall them ever posting Bates bestie pictures before. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, postscript said:

That would explain the pictures of Bontrager teens and Bates teens together. I don’t recall them ever posting Bates bestie pictures before. 

Since Liz seems to be so close with Johannah Duggar, it’s not too surprising they are friends with the Bates girls too. They all run in the same circles and the Bontragers have sung at Gil’s church before. 

Liz just makes me sad though. She’s such a Bontrager robot. She sounds just like her older sisters. I often call them the Bonts but I think I should call them the Bots. 

D5547A26-0E1B-44B0-9233-0A09A08D35F7.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 12

Sigh. Such a robot. Loving her "season of singleness" I guess. She didn't even tell us she loves coffee.

• Upvote 13

So sad to see her parroting the family line. Nothing about learning new ideas/skills, taking college or vocational courses, hanging out with non-family friends, developing creativity. What I loved most about that age was having my horizons expanded on a weekly basis by a college lecture, a new book, a concert, or a late-night talk session in someone’s dorm room. 

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since Liz seems to be so close with Johannah Duggar, it’s not too surprising they are friends with the Bates girls too. They all run in the same circles and the Bontragers have sung at Gil’s church before. 

Liz just makes me sad though. She’s such a Bontrager robot. She sounds just like her older sisters. I often call them the Bonts but I think I should call them the Bots. 

LIz: Show, don't tell. What kind of 'visions', ideas and dreams do you have? If they're the usual courtship, marriage, and babies, that's not so visionary. Not in your circle anyway.  So, so boring. I would have been suicidal living that prescribed life. Ugh.

• Upvote 13

Liz actually bakes a lot and she sells her sour dough bread around holidays. I really wish her parents would let her actually start her own business. But for now it’s just a little side job. Because she has no choice but to “work for her dad” and travel around to sing. 

• Upvote 10

On 1/21/2023 at 2:44 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think this is a recent picture from when they were together in AR to celebrate Christmas. Which means Chelsy isn’t showing. Therefore unless she had a secret baby, she still only has 3 kids and isn’t obviously pregnant. 

Chelsy has not had a secret baby as Liz just said she has 14 nieces and nephews. That's 2 for Allison and 3 for everyone else.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

I can't believe they're already up to 14 grandchildren in less than five years. That's gotta be a fundie record- even the Bates family had only gotten to 10 grandkids within the same period of time. The Mortons had 12.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, indianabones said:

I can't believe they're already up to 14 grandchildren in less than five years. That's gotta be a fundie record- even the Bates family had only gotten to 10 grandkids within the same period of time. The Mortons had 12.

Yeah the 4 couples that got married in a 4 month period all got pregnant pretty soon and then just kept having them at regular intervals. Allison may catch up to the others pretty quickly. 

• Upvote 9

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

. Because she has no choice but to “work for her dad” and travel around to sing. 

"Work for her Dad"-- as if Becky has no role in running the family businesses & the band tours.  F**k this fundy patriarchy.  Its a family business, not just Daddy's.

• Upvote 13

15 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

"Work for her Dad"-- as if Becky has no role in running the family businesses & the band tours.  F**k this fundy patriarchy.  Its a family business, not just Daddy's.

The Bontrager male worship is probably the worst I’ve seen in fundie families. It’s intense. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

This sounds so strange. He’s a brother, not an ex boyfriend. Are her brothers making any effort? Or is it just the sister’s job?

8834B829-92D6-4F2F-93F3-B051122B5634.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 7

20 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Sigh. Such a robot. Loving her "season of singleness" I guess. She didn't even tell us she loves coffee.

Maybe holding out and not sharing how much she loves coffee is her way of developing mystery and allure to her story.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

I wonder if Gil and Kelly made Isaiah go along as his sister’s chaperone. Since single boys would be there. Or if Isaiah wanted to go because a single girl would be there. He seems to be the only adult bates boy without a girlfriend now. 

D79BCF28-B56C-4331-8F1F-6597C54957A8.jpeg

• Upvote 5

On 1/30/2023 at 3:26 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

"Kinda visionary." Sure, Jan.

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, indianabones said:

There'd be more, I bet, if Denver and Praise weren't either waiting or having fertility issues, and if Chelsy hadn't had health issues. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

There'd be more, I bet, if Denver and Praise weren't either waiting or having fertility issues, and if Chelsy hadn't had health issues. 

Definitely. In these huge families, there’s always one with some sort of fertility issue. Which makes sense because infertility happens to 1 in 10 couples. In the Bates family it’s Michael. In the Wissmann family it’s Kori and Rachel. In the Morton family it’s Martha. In the Bontrager family I wouldn’t be surprised if Denver and Praise were dealing with infertility. Because the Bonts are very gung-ho about being fruitful and multiply. Praise has an older sister with two children very far apart in age. I wouldn’t be surprised if she dealt with secondary infertility. 

• Upvote 10

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Definitely. In these huge families, there’s always one with some sort of fertility issue. Which makes sense because infertility happens to 1 in 10 couples. In the Bates family it’s Michael. In the Wissmann family it’s Kori and Rachel. In the Morton family it’s Martha. In the Bontrager family I wouldn’t be surprised if Denver and Praise were dealing with infertility. Because the Bonts are very gung-ho about being fruitful and multiply. Praise has an older sister with two children very far apart in age. I wouldn’t be surprised if she dealt with secondary infertility. 

Praise's sister Lydia has issues with infertility so it's likely that Praise could too.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

I really really hate this. Some crappy mlm essential oils won’t cure your hormone problems. I’m so tired of oil shillers telling people they cure just about everything under the sun. Modern day snake oil.

01F99F7E-CECE-4208-B0FB-C5CCAF682938.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 8
  • I Agree 9

Lol I would love someone to tell Allison, “you know what’s really good at regulating periods? Birth control.”

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, FundeyMonkey said:

Dear me. Liz sounds like a mini-Allison 🤦

Because they are all indoctrinated with the same bs.

And daddy Bont is now asking everyone to pray with them for the nation, quoting some bible verse. What stood out to me: it says God will listen to those that humble themselves - so that automatically excludes daddy Bont's pompous ass!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic