IGNORED

Josh and Anna 55: Settling in at Seagoville

Coconut Flan

49 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

I hope if she ends up in Texas that Mac (how is her name spelled?!) stays on at the main Duggar compound most of the time. I doubt that’s what will happen, but she seems sooooo close to the girls, and fits right in with everything they do age wise. Being dragged to Texas to be a parentified helper to her -clearly- delusional mother and a gaggle of younger siblings seems just awful. 

When I read your first sentence I was rolling my eyes because wtf, but as I read the rest I get where you’re coming from and now I’m actually hoping Mac would be given the option of staying in Arkansas if she wants. Moving to Texas would potentially add an additional layer of trauma for Mac. The Duggars & Anna never seem to care what’s best for their kids so Mac probably won’t have the option. (Tbf if I were a parent I probably would insist all my kids come with me, too, so as many things as I fault Anna for I would understand that one even if it’s hard on Mac)

• Upvote 10

On 7/11/2022 at 5:10 PM, mango_fandango said:

I am so grateful to live in a country where I don’t have to worry about health insurance covering or not covering medication. You do have to pay a prescription fee for many things, but there are ways of getting prescriptions for a reduced fee or for free. 

I think the exact same thing almost every time I visit FJ. We are so fortunate to get healthcare free (at the point of delivery) and I would rather pay inflated National Insurance contributions than for anyone to go without heath care because they can't afford it. 

I get free prescriptions too as I am over 60.

Edited by DottyC
None, I changed my mind as it was getting too rambly!
  • Upvote 15
  • Bless Your Heart 1

Don't forget that Mac is a few older than Pris's oldest girl.

If Anna moves to Texas then Anna will use Pris and Pecan for adult time and childcare.  Pris will use Mac.

Mac will go from having similar aged aunts to play with and to help with littles, to no one her age and extra littles.

I'm sure Anna would like to move to Texas and would argue that the kids being closer to Dad is what's best for them.  If she does it will be because JB/Pecan can make in work cheaply and free labour from Anna/Mac to help Pecans family.

It will be a financial/service decision made between two men not related to Anna (her father in law and a different brother in law).  It won't be based on best interests of Anna/her kids or even Josh.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 7

11 minutes ago, imokit said:

Don't forget that Mac is a few older than Pris's oldest girl.

If Anna moves to Texas then Anna will use Pris and Pecan for adult time and childcare.  Pris will use Mac.

Mac will go from having similar aged aunts to play with and to help with littles, to no one her age and extra littles.

I'm sure Anna would like to move to Texas and would argue that the kids being closer to Dad is what's best for them.  If she does it will be because JB/Pecan can make in work cheaply and free labour from Anna/Mac to help Pecans family.

It will be a financial/service decision made between two men not related to Anna (her father in law and a different brother in law).  It won't be based on best interests of Anna/her kids or even Josh.

There is no good outcome here for Mac.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 13

8 minutes ago, imokit said:

Don't forget that Mac is a few older than Pris's oldest girl...Pris will use Mac.

These two sentences have me convinced Anna’s going to move to Texas. Poor Mac. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3

Josh now has his "official" release date. 

JOSHUA JAMES DUGGAR

Register Number: 42501-509

Race: White

Sex: Male

Located at: Seagoville FCI

Release Date: 08/12/2032

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 14

The release date should be based on him serving 85% of the sentence.  He starts with presumed good behavior.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Thank You 11

5 minutes ago, viii said:

I thought he got 12 years? 

Maybe they use the earliest possible release date?

12.5.  Time served since the December verdict counts and the projected release date considers the 15% assumed reduction. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

He did. But he does 85% in the federal system, plus credit for time served. I don’t think that includes the pre-trial time at the Reber’s ( although really, dislike for Josh aside, it should ) 

• Upvote 2

Time with the Rebers was not confinement it was within the terms of pre-trial release.  I'm not sure but the night or two in jail after his arrest might count.  The time in the jail awaiting sentencing and assignment definitely count.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 10

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

Maybe they use the earliest possible release date?

Even the feds don’t want that animal around a day longer than necessary.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Giraffe said:

(Tbf if I were a parent I probably would insist all my kids come with me, too, so as many things as I fault Anna for I would understand that one even if it’s hard on Mac)

But you would probably want all your children with you in order to stay close as a family, right? Anna and PRiscilla probably both see Mac (bad spelling of name) as a work horse to take the burden of younger children off them. I agree with others. There is no good outcome for Mac here.

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

But you would probably want all your children with you in order to stay close as a family, right? Anna and PRiscilla probably both see Mac (bad spelling of name) as a work horse to take the burden of younger children off them. I agree with others. There is no good outcome for Mac here.

Yes, we’re in agreement. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

The release date should be based on him serving 85% of the sentence.  He starts with presumed good behavior.

Yup- look at Jack Schaap. He got out early and he DIDN'T behave himself in prison.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1

3 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

There is no good outcome for Mac here.

Still better, I imagine, than growing up in direct proximity to her father.  I agree she's in a hardworking spot as eldest daughter.

I continue to wonder what it was about Josh's "data" that motivated the judge to impose the restrictions he did for post-release (and I'm glad he did).  

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

There really isn’t. Maybe whichever situation presents better opportunities to run away, which brings a host of its own problems

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Giraffe said:

These two sentences have me convinced Anna’s going to move to Texas. Poor Mac. 

She can probably kiss any real education good bye. Between the piss poor wisdom booklets, Anna’s crappy schooling, and being a full time mother to all the littles she is shit out of luck. 
This cult doesn’t put any value to educate girls anyway. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 2

On 7/13/2022 at 5:36 PM, onekidanddone said:

She can probably kiss any real education good bye. Between the piss poor wisdom booklets, Anna’s crappy schooling, and being a full time mother to all the littles she is shit out of luck. 
This cult doesn’t put any value to educate girls anyway. 

I think any real education has long since been kissed goodbye, she certainly didn’t save that kiss for her marriage.

• Upvote 6

Chiming in on a few of the topics being discussed (haven't visited this thread for a while) 

Release date: Is that 12th of August or the 8th of December? (The youngest M will be just about 10/11...)

Healthcare: We are so fortunate to have it! And so many people don't appreciate it. I had a patient the other day who complained about having to pay 20€ herself for her physical therapy prescription. She said as she pays her insurance every month she shouldn't have to pay for anything herself. I tried to explain to her why she had to pay and that it was a great social system thanks to which nobody is slapped with a bill for thousands of euros even if they have to stay in the hospital for a longer amount of time, which would then amount to more than you have ever payed in. She said as She had never had to go to hospital she shouldn't have to pay for anybody else either.... I gave up.... 

Sister moms: My 13-year old niece doesn't want to go on holiday with my brother and ex-stepmom (he is only going on holiday with his Ex so he can take my youngest nephew (19 months) with him, which she wouldn't allow if she weren't there) I wouldn't want my 19-month old going anywhere without me either so I can understand her. But she does like to use my oldest niece as sister mom to the three younger ones (7, 5, 19 months). So my poor niece is dreading it. My brother is dreading it as well, as he knows there will be trouble. The older two kids (from his first marriage) can't stand the mom of his younger two (Ex girlfriend) So a fine time will be had by all. 

• Sad 4

Definitely an improvement over the pop up provided to her sister Esther and her brood while on 'deputation' before descending like locusts on Zambia.  Guess god prefers Anna to Esther.

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2022 at 5:05 PM, Hazelbunny said:

he is only going on holiday with his Ex so he can take my youngest nephew (19 months) with him, which she wouldn't allow if she weren't there

Is your brother not fit to be a parent? 
Otherwise I think this is crazy behavior, it is his child too! Is she ‘allowed’ to take them on holiday ‘by herself’?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

13 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Is your brother not fit to be a parent? 
Otherwise I think this is crazy behavior, it is his child too! Is she ‘allowed’ to take them on holiday ‘by herself’?

That is an interesting way of putting it! Thanks! I think my brother is a very good father (but I might be biased), the children are very obviously happy with him. they all start crying when they go back to their mothers (which I think is so sad - they ought to look forward to seeing mum again after being away for 5 days (my brother has the kids every other week Wed to Sun).  The little one screams his head off for at least 2 hours every time... sometimes my bother has to go over to her place, because he wont calm down. :( 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 8

1 hour ago, Hazelbunny said:

That is an interesting way of putting it! Thanks! I think my brother is a very good father (but I might be biased), the children are very obviously happy with him. they all start crying when they go back to their mothers (which I think is so sad - they ought to look forward to seeing mum again after being away for 5 days (my brother has the kids every other week Wed to Sun).  The little one screams his head off for at least 2 hours every time... sometimes my bother has to go over to her place, because he wont calm down. :( 

So hard on kids. To be fair though, children that young often have natural separation anxiety, and split time custody with toddlers can be extra challenging. They are just too young to understand time and that the missing parent will return. And with older children the parents who has them the lesser amount of time is frequently the favored “fun” parent. — less of the normal nagging and scolding and general annoyance of homework, getting ready for school etc… that parent is often also more naturally relaxed because kids 10 days in a row is more stressful than having them 5 days. 

Not commenting on this particular family dynamic or capabilities - just some general observations from having worked with kids, and having a blended family

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic