IGNORED

Josh and Anna 55: Settling in at Seagoville

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, amster said:

I understand that, and I was referring to the mods on the subreddit. 

My bad. Please accept my apologies.

• Upvote 1

Oh the AMA is fake. The poster contradicts themselves. They claim to have never seen the show, yet knew Josh proposed with balloons. I guess Anna could've told them, but I'm skeptical. They also claim Anna was bossy from having to boss a ton of little kids around in her family--um, she was 5 of 8, closer to being one of the little kids herself than one raising them. Aside from that I blatantly don't believe Anna didn't know where babies came from, given how sex obsessed the cult is, how the Dugger girls saw Michelle's cycle on the fridge, and how Anna took pregnancy tests immediately. 

Its all snarky stuff that anyone following the subreddit would say. The mods even pinned a comment not to questioncthe validity of the ama, which sure does inspire confidence. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, BernRul said:

Oh the AMA is fake. The poster contradicts themselves. They claim to have never seen the show, yet knew Josh proposed with balloons. I guess Anna could've told them, but I'm skeptical. They also claim Anna was bossy from having to boss a ton of little kids around in her family--um, she was 5 of 8, closer to being one of the little kids herself than one raising them. Aside from that I blatantly don't believe Anna didn't know where babies came from, given how sex obsessed the cult is, how the Dugger girls saw Michelle's cycle on the fridge, and how Anna took pregnancy tests immediately. 

Its all snarky stuff that anyone following the subreddit would say. The mods even pinned a comment not to questioncthe validity of the ama, which sure does inspire confidence. 

I'm not sure the bolded is a contradiction. I didn't see if they point out if they were at Anna's wedding or not, but from the episode, we see the Duggars re-enact the proposal in detail during the rehearsal dinner because they have the raw footage from TLC. I get the sense that because this was the Big Duggar Wedding, which was Big Social News for their circles, that every part of this became a sort of Love Story Folklore for the teens in the cult. 

On the actual poster, my opinions are;

a) I think Reddit mods tend to discourage the questioning of validity because it can muck up a thread on a system that is already relatively hard to navigate and it doesn't really add a ton to the conversation as it is happening. And, even if they get swindled...well, the best way to catch somebody lying it to keep encouraging them to talk. Questioning post-verification serves no purpose on either side of this.
b) Assuming this is real...Josh and Anna were married 14 years ago and the post claims they not only have they left the cult but that Anna was isolated after marriage (which rings as realistic). I think a this happens a lot with AMAs where somebody knew somebody famous or noteworthy or terrible many years ago but...after 14 years, what is there to say? A lot of those things tend to fade and I'm thinking like, even if one of my best friends in high school was on the news for something heinous (hasn't happened), there would be nothing of substance I could really say about it. It would end up being filler. (This also kind of comes up in The Gift of Fear where de Becker discusses how the news and the public will crowd the friends of a criminal for every detail, as if sifting enough might reveal some secret to why somebody is some way, and it all comes out as filler that gives us the "such a normal guy" serial killer character-type in fiction.) 

(Actually, I think the closest thing is that a local hero of my small town was fired by the school board under mysterious circumstances. Nobody still really knows why, certainly not me who moved away long ago, but there are rumors. Not of them are Josh-level heinous, at all, but they are like...small town big drama. Possible alcoholism, secrets, money changing hands, etc.  In any case, this was a guy that I saw all the time, everyday, at school, after school, in the community, and none of those interactions would be illuminating to that situation, but they might be something twistable if one was sufficiently invested in whatever happened there.)

If this poster is real and deconstructed, I do hope they end up reaching out to Leaving Eden because they specifically talk about how they have thought about talking a little bit more publicly about their deconstruction and I think Sadie would both be a better interviewer than the Reddit Collective and would be willing to platform but protect them. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

Remember the fiction that through repetition got repeated "as fact" that Ben and Jessa went off to a side room between wedding and reception to in 15 minutes or less consummate the marriage?  That fairy tale has now made to the Josh and Anna wedding via this AMA.  ::smh::

Carry on here:

• Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic