IGNORED

Josh and Anna 55: Settling in at Seagoville

Coconut Flan

Don't forget Mack is sister mom age.  Davia isn't quite sister mom age, though can be deputised to be helpful but at 13 Mack is prime babysitting age.

Most of Anna's visits, the kids will officially be left with Pris but with Mack responsible for Anna's kids and also helping with Pris'.

The only silver lining for Mack is that if Anna tries to bring her and she hates it, she'll be best placed of all the kids to beg off by offering to help with littles - making herself look like a good helper/martyr while not going. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, waltraute said:

Presumably you would not choose supporting a pedophile over protecting your children either, but Anna is that kind of mom.

Good point. It’s sickening to think Anna would insist her children bear the brunt of her crappy life along with her. Although as they say, misery loves company. Many parents want to give their kids a better life than they had. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Cam said:

Good point. It’s sickening to think Anna would insist her children bear the brunt of her crappy life along with her. Although as they say, misery loves company. Many parents want to give their kids a better life than they had. 

Many but sadly not all of them.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 7/22/2022 at 2:19 PM, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Davia must be old enough to sister mom by now.  What is she, like 8 now? 

I wouldn't be surprised if Anna hardly ever brings the youngest two girls to see him.  He doesn't know the baby at all and I think number 6 was born just as his major troubles were beginning. I'll bet he barely even asks about them.

On the other hand, I can see her forcing the older ones to routinely visit, whether it traumatizes them or not.   

I don’t think she’s going to force the kids, especially the older kids, to visit - because she’s going to prefer being able to look all adoringly at Josh-u-a and talk about all the things,  without the kids butting in and distracting them. I think she’ll go alone whenever she can, and bring a lap baby, and/or a middle child every other visit ish. The ones least likely to understand the lovey talk. She won’t totally exclude  the big kids, but I doubt it will be frequent.

• Upvote 8

Would the kids be allowed to visit (especially the younger ones), due to the nature of Josh's crimes? And does he have to have been in prison for a certain amount of time until he is allowed visitors?

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Hazelbunny said:

Would the kids be allowed to visit (especially the younger ones), due to the nature of Josh's crimes? And does he have to have been in prison for a certain amount of time until he is allowed visitors?

He was allowed to see his children if Anna was there to supervise when he was waiting trial so I imagine they’ll be able to visit him in prison. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 7/21/2022 at 6:05 PM, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Yeah, I actually think his returning home in 10 years will be harder for him than the acclimating to prison is right now. No no kids, no clingy wife, no demanding parents, probably minimal cracker-sweeping in the dorm...The thing he misses most is probably his phone.

If he had his cell phone in prison he would never want to leave.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Hazelbunny said:

Yes, all of his kids can visit and he's probably able to have visitors now if he's completed his visitor's list and that's been processed.

Personally, I wouldn't want my kids to spend any time in a visiting room of a prison with a very high pedophile population.  But Anna probably won't let that trouble her.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

On 7/22/2022 at 8:57 AM, imokit said:

So according to those visiting rules, Josh is allowed 2 adult visitors or 1 adult and 1 child over 5.  Any adult can have a child under 5 on their lap, but if the child gets up or objects to being on a lap for a whole visit the visit will be terminated.

I don't know what counts as an adult for having a lap child, but I suspect 13yo Mack won't count.  So the most kids Anna can bring at once is 2.  1 over 5 plus 1 under 5 or 2 under 5s if Anna brings another adult.

With their brand of discipline, getting a lap child to sit still wouldn't normally be a problem, but even a beaten child may react abnormally to the unfamiliar environment of prison and all the tensions around them.  I'm not sure how easy it would be to beat your kids in front of prison officers.    Where I am, CPS would be very aware of parents in prison and the thresholds for reporting mishandling children in a jail would be very low.

Added to that they currently only have 3 under 5s, which goes down to 2 in September when a kid turns 5.

So even if Anna goes to max visits and takes the kids each time, he won't actually see his children that much.  That's assuming that Anna won't want some adult only visits or doesn't decide that there are too many unsavories around to take the kids.

I can’t imagine that Josh will care a lot about seeing the kids. I suspect he will want visitors, but more as a new audience than because he is attached to them.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I can’t imagine that Josh will care a lot about seeing the kids. I suspect he will want visitors, but more as a new audience than because he is attached to them.

Good point. 

• Upvote 4

If Josh strikes up a friendship with someone previously unknown to him, like a pen pal, would they be able to visit him?  Would Anna be told?

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Flossie said:

If Josh strikes up a friendship with someone previously unknown to him, like a pen pal, would they be able to visit him?  Would Anna be told?

Don't know about federal prison, but when my kid was in prison, he controlled the visitor list. There was a limit as to how many people could be on the list at any given time, (6? 10?) and it could be changed every 90 days. Same for the phone list. He had a short list of people he could call. So if the federal system is the same, Josh would be able to put names on the list that Anna didn't know about.

Since visiting is usually scheduled, and only so many are permitted at a time, It is possible that Josh could have visitors that she didn't see or know.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 5

3 hours ago, Flossie said:

Anna would only know if she was the one bumped off the list to make room for Josh's new friend.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Anna would only know if she was the one bumped off the list to make room for Josh's new friend.

And wouldn't that set the cat among the pigeons. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1

On 7/23/2022 at 8:42 PM, Tatar-tot said:

If he had his cell phone in prison he would never want to leave.

And his fast food. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Flossie said:

This would not surprise me at all and Anna would have no idea 

• Upvote 4

On 7/24/2022 at 3:48 AM, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Yes, all of his kids can visit and he's probably able to have visitors now if he's completed his visitor's list and that's been processed.

Personally, I wouldn't want my kids to spend any time in a visiting room of a prison with a very high pedophile population.  But Anna probably won't let that trouble her.

Well if you're used to living with your own resident sex offender it may feel like home.  😬

• Upvote 3

We know that she has been convinced by Josh that he is innocent. But does she believe all the other inmates are also wrongly imprisoned innocent victims? No way would I want my kids ANYWHERE near that group of people, even if I had a scum bag husband who I stupidly stuck by.
“Pro-Life”, “protect the children” my ass! 🤬

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mrs Ms said:

“Pro-Life”, "Pro-birth" protect the children” "a cluster of cells", and only until they are born, then conveniently forget all about them.

Fixed that for ya ;) 

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

On 7/24/2022 at 6:26 AM, Four is Enough said:

Don't know about federal prison, but when my kid was in prison, he controlled the visitor list. There was a limit as to how many people could be on the list at any given time, (6? 10?) and it could be changed every 90 days. Same for the phone list. He had a short list of people he could call. So if the federal system is the same, Josh would be able to put names on the list that Anna didn't know about.

Since visiting is usually scheduled, and only so many are permitted at a time, It is possible that Josh could have visitors that she didn't see or know.

It is the same way in Fed. He submits a list, if I remember correctly he can only have 10 names on it, they are vetted by FBOP. Then they have to complete a form after that they are approved for the list. Every time you go to visit you must complete a form and have a photo ID to get in. His phone list is much bigger, but all those people are also vetted before their number is programmed in to match Josh’s account. However he has limited access to the phone and if someone in his pod abuses their privileges, phones are cut off for everyone. By the way the CorrLink (email) is free to use for both prisoner and family. Those people also have to be vetted to have access.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

23 minutes ago, countressrascal said:

It is the same way in Fed. He submits a list, if I remember correctly he can only have 10 names on it, they are vetted by FBOP.

If the list includes Anna and the M's he has only 2 spots left on his list.  Pecan?  Pa Keller?  Pen pal?

• Upvote 1

But if there is a limited amount of visiting moments and Anna would like to come the majority of them, she could be alerted when she wants to visit on a specific moment and there is already another visitor registered. Josh would have some explaining to do.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

17 hours ago, Dandruff said:

If the list includes Anna and the M's he has only 2 spots left on his list.  Pecan?  Pa Keller?  Pen pal?

The info I’m finding states kids under 16 don’t count toward the total of approved visitors list, that 20 total is allowed on the list (not counting kids) but no more than 10 friends/associates. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

I would guess that any list of approved visitors would include Anna, Jim Bob, Pecan (acting as Josh’s pastor/spiritual advisor), and at least one of his attorneys. I don’t think Michelle will care to visit, though she might be on an approved calling list.

I think Anna will push the kids to visit. She’s going to want them to maintain a relationship with their father. However, as they hit their teens, the older kids will probably figure out exactly what he did, get mad at him, and balk at visiting. Open question then if Anna and Jim Bob will force them to go or if the kids will be allowed some distance. 

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic