IGNORED

Lori Alexander 81: It's All the Fault of Women

On 7/9/2022 at 2:46 PM, Loveday said:

Lori herself says she gained 5 pounds somewhat recently, and has struggled mightily to subdue her fleshly desires so as to lose it again. The way she goes on about it you'd think she had 105 pounds to lose, not 5. (And yes, I know how hard it can be to lose a small amount when you only HAVE a small amount to lose. Not that I've had that problem, the amount I've always had to lose is a lot more than 5 pounds! LOL)

Lori could have stood to gain a few pounds, frankly. 5 pounds is very little, and probably helped her look less decrepit. Someone else must have cooked for a week or two, so she was eating more than slime salad. 

On 7/14/2022 at 8:34 PM, HoneyBunny said:

This is very rich coming from someone who stayed in Door County while her mother was dying in California. 

6EA33919-6721-4093-84B7-9038B13B26FD.png

*your. Wow, Lori. I thought you were the voice of God but I'm sure he knows the difference between "you're" and "your". 

Also, this is either a dig at her father, a backhanded manipulation toward her children, flat lack of self-awareness, or all those things combined. 

Lori, when you are older, I hope your children remember the hours and hours of spanking over some spilled "raisans". And the lovely Christmas morning you chased them screaming trying to smack them with your slipper and then locked them out of the house, which you say is one of your fond Christmas memories. And how you napped on the couch while the nanny held them. How they had to beg Ken for some of his food because you refused to make food they liked and that was filling enough for a growing child. How you publically denigrate every choice they make that you disagreed with. How you always say you had to "learn" to love them. How cold you are, and how you turn on a dime if someone does something you don't like. And most of all how you sat in Door County on vacation while your mother was dying. 

Remember, we reap what we sow!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

14 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Lori could have stood to gain a few pounds, frankly. 5 pounds is very little, and probably helped her look less decrepit. Someone else must have cooked for a week or two, so she was eating more than slime salad. 

I thought the same thing. Five 'extra' pounds on Lori would be barely, if at all, noticeable in her clothes, but would likely make a definite difference in her usually haggard look!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On FB today Lori tells her fangirl/ leghumpers to marry a believer.

No matter how many times I read or hear this, the ignorance/ stupidity/ smugness/ condescension infuriates me.  I feel like punching them. (Bolding mine)

My grandmother married an unbeliever. He was raised catholic, I believe. He did come to Christ and was a great man. 

I can't even .... I just cannot with this. Lori encourages this nonsense by not calling it out as nonsense,

I've mentioned this before, but I can't count the number of people who told me they were 'oh so so sorry my daddy was burning in Hell because he wasn't born again and hadn't accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior."

All this because he was/ we are Catholic.

This was usually followed up with "I'm praying for you that you'll accept Jesus and not go to Hell like your daddy.'

Did I mention these were people who knew him and knew what a wonderful, kind, loving, social justice practicing (without showing off) Christian he was? 

He just wasn't the right kind of "Christian"- according to them.

Not to be a BEC, but I know these people. I know how they live, doing performative Christianity, giving mere lip service to their church.  If I were some of them, I'd be a little mite careful talking about who is burning in Hell.  Imma just sayin'

Sorry FJ, that comment set me off. Rant over

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

No need to apologise. As a Catholic myself, the 'Catholics aren't Christians'  trope that fundies love to perpetuate infuriates me to no end. 🤬

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

13 hours ago, Loveday said:

No need to apologise. As a Catholic myself, the 'Catholics aren't Christians'  trope that fundies love to perpetuate infuriates me to no end. 🤬

Yeah that's one thing I really don't get. Although I do think it's one thing that may eventually be a good thing since all the various fundie groups can't agree on anything. If they continue to try and grab power like they are they'll eventually start splintering.

The church I occasionally attend is pretty live and let live about that sort of thing. They have a big emphasis on your personal relationship with God being yours, personally, and everyone is welcome. It's a baptist church, but they frequently work together with the lutheran, presbyterian, and methodist churches that are all also on Main Street, and we've attended concerts at the nearby Basilica and done some work with a Catholic based center that works with people with disabilities, including very severe ones. (Not "witnessing" either, just assisting them to set up a music program at one point.) Most of the people at my church are like "believe in God? Good! Let's work together for the community. No? Ok. Want to come to the Thanksgiving feast anyway? We have turkey! We'll be saying a prayer but you can just sit quietly during that, no biggie." 

There are more fundamentalist churches in my area, but they are small and never seem to work together with any other church for any reason. And they occasionally split into even smaller congregations when there's a disagreement in the church. 

Fundies wonder why people are falling away from the church. It's at least partly the insular nature of their faith. They are so focused on the minor details that they refuse to follow any of the examples given to them of how to live. They pick out the rules that allow them to judge others, ignoring the beams in their own eyes. To the point you end up with Lori, switching churches every time the pastor allows something Lori disapproves of; and Steve Maxwell, who ended up preaching in a nursing home to keep his kids from learning anything with even the slightest variation from his specific rules. The Duggars, with their "home church" earlier on. Bro Gary, who can't agree with anyone enough to even HAVE a church, so he travels around shit stirring in other pastor's churches constantly. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

21 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I've mentioned this before, but I can't count the number of people who told me they were 'oh so so sorry my daddy was burning in Hell because he wasn't born again and hadn't accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior."

What? That's insane. People really say that?

I've often wondered what it's like if you truly believe a loved one is in Hell. And everyone around you agrees.

What if you have a brother who was gay? Or a parent who left your church? What if these were good, kind people that you loved?

I don't know how you could live your life knowing they are suffering for eternity. It would create a deep depression for me.  It would be like a living Hell. I'd have to leave that religion because I couldn't accept that. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

On FB today Lori tells her fangirl/ leghumpers to marry a believer.

No matter how many times I read or hear this, the ignorance/ stupidity/ smugness/ condescension infuriates me.  I feel like punching them. (Bolding mine)

I can't even .... I just cannot with this. Lori encourages this nonsense by not calling it out as nonsense,

All this because he was/ we are Catholic.

This was usually followed up with "I'm praying for you that you'll accept Jesus and not go to Hell like your daddy.'

Did I mention these were people who knew him and knew what a wonderful, kind, loving, social justice practicing (without showing off) Christian he was? 

He just wasn't the right kind of "Christian"- according to them.

Not to be a BEC, but I know these people. I know how they live, doing performative Christianity, giving mere lip service to their church.  If I were some of them, I'd be a little mite careful talking about who is burning in Hell.  Imma just sayin'

Yeah, it’s really inexcusable. Apparently Catholics “don’t have a personal relationship with Christ” that Fundies claim to have. Right….. Tell that to my mother who leads a rosary group in her assisted living facility and even walks down to another building to say rosary with someone who is now in a different level of care, says two rosaries a day, watches daily Mass on TV and sets up for the communion service on Sundays.  Fundies would claim that since she hasn’t been born again she’s not a real Christian.  I like to think she didn’t need to be. The first time stuck.  

OTOH, the Catholic Church added to the pain and suffering of a lot of families for centuries by not allowing people who committed suicide to have a funeral Mass. I remember as a kid that two men (unrelated) that were friends of the family were killed while “cleaning their guns”, and my 7th grade classmate was just “playing” with that belt on his bunk bed when he killed himself.  They were all allowed funeral Masses as a result of these “accidents”. 

• Love 10

Yes it is insane. Yes people really do say that.  To your face. 

They are not trying to be hateful. mean, and ugly.  They are just letting you know they're sorry your loved one is in Hell and expressing regret that somehow the loved one never got with the born again program. Also warning you that you need to get with the program so you won't burn in Hell.

It's the fundie "christian" version of "sorry for your loss",

The unspoken message is always that they won't burn in Hell because they got with the 'born-again Jesus is my Lord and Savior' program.

The first time someone said that to me I replied that my loved one of course accepted Christ as his Savior and lived his life accordingly. So yeah not in Hell

I was told "Oh no, if he wasn't born again, convicted by the Word and accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior then he was in Hell". I walked away at that point

I think the fundie "christians" mean that unless you "got saved", then declared in front of the Church you were "born-again"  and then loudly proclaimed your "believer" status to one and all everywhere all the time. -- your belief in Christ wasn't real and didn't count. Hence burning in Hell.  Performative Christianity

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I was reading through some recent comments on Lori's fb.  Some of the leghumpers were gushing about their husbands being providers and protectors.  I get the provider thing, but protector?  I'm sure my husband would do his best to protect me if we were being robbed or if a burglar broke in the house, but I don't get the harping on protector.  I go about my daily business and use my head to keep myself out of bad situations.  How often do these women need to be protected?  Are they being robbed daily or something?

One woman commented about she was glad her husband was there to keep the "riff raff" away.  Umm, if you have that many questionable characters coming on your property, you have a serious problem. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6

If Lori's grandmother married a Catholic, the Catholic Church would have been just cruel about grandma as Lori is about her grandmother's husband.

Prior to Vatican II, the Catholic Church often told non-believers they were going to hell. They certainly weren't welcomed into the church unless they converted. There were elaborate rules for Catholic marrying non-Catholics. Even then there could be prejudice.

Even now there are plenty of Catholics who want to go back to the good old days. I saw a tweet from Pope Francis recently where in the replies someone asked to the pope "if Catholics could go back to trying to convert Jewish people." 🤬 (I don't believe in Catholics/Christians trying to convert Jews.)

I don't think it's fair to say Catholics aren't Christians, but Catholics should acknowledge the Church's history of just as judgmental.

• Move Along 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 3

13 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

If Lori's grandmother married a Catholic, the Catholic Church would have been just cruel about grandma as Lori is about her grandmother's husband.

Prior to Vatican II, the Catholic Church often told non-believers they were going to hell. They certainly weren't welcomed into the church unless they converted. There were elaborate rules for Catholic marrying non-Catholics. Even then there could be prejudice.

Even now there are plenty of Catholics who want to go back to the good old days. I saw a tweet from Pope Francis recently where in the replies someone asked to the pope "if Catholics could go back to trying to convert Jewish people." 🤬 (I don't believe in Catholics/Christians trying to convert Jews.)

I don't think it's fair to say Catholics aren't Christians, but Catholics should acknowledge the Church's history of just as judgmental.

The rules were not always applied, though. My Irish Catholic grandmother married a non-Catholic in 1941 in a double wedding with her sister who also married a non-Catholic. A priest officiated at the rectory and  both husbands were simply required to promise any children would be raised Catholic and the marriages were sacramental and blessed by the church. Her sister's kids were not raised Catholic and that marriage ended in divorce around 1947. My grandmother's four kids were all baptized and the oldest two confirmed. Then she got mad at a priest and decided to be Lutheran. My grandfather never attended church at all. 

As a Catholic, what am I supposed to say to the second part? "Yes, dear fundie at my door (yes that happens here), you can say I am not a Christian because before anyone in my household was born, the Catholic catechism sort of said that you weren't (it didn't condemn anyone to hell, FTR, as the Church has always maintained that only God can judge and condemn) So come on in and condemn me and mine to hell?" 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

The rules were not always applied, though. My Irish Catholic grandmother married a non-Catholic in 1941 in a double wedding with her sister who also married a non-Catholic. A priest officiated at the rectory and  both husbands were simply required to promise any children would be raised Catholic and the marriages were sacramental and blessed by the church. Her sister's kids were not raised Catholic and that marriage ended in divorce around 1947. My grandmother's four kids were all baptized and the oldest two confirmed. Then she got mad at a priest and decided to be Lutheran. My grandfather never attended church at all. 

As a Catholic, what am I supposed to say to the second part? "Yes, dear fundie at my door (yes that happens here), you can say I am not a Christian because before anyone in my household was born, the Catholic catechism sort of said that you weren't (it didn't condemn anyone to hell, FTR, as the Church has always maintained that only God can judge and condemn) So come on in and condemn me and mine to hell?" 

Getting married at the rectory wasn't against the rules, it was an unfair rule! Why not have a church wedding or outdoor wedding etc.? Normally Catholics get married in the church. I know the reasoning behind marriage at the rectory and it's discrimination. 

I don't believe in that Catholics can't object to people saying they're not real Christians. I just think they should acknowledge the bigotry by Catholics and their church, especially in period where that bigotry was more prevalent like with Lori's grandmother.

• Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Getting married at the rectory wasn't against the rules, it was an unfair rule! Why not have a church wedding or outdoor wedding etc.? Normally Catholics get married in the church. I know the reasoning behind marriage at the rectory and it's discrimination. 

I don't believe in that Catholics can't object to people saying they're not real Christians. I just think they should acknowledge the bigotry by Catholics and their church, especially in period where that bigotry was more prevalent like with Lori's grandmother.

Well, then let me personally apologize to every former friend and family member who has endlessly harassed me for converting. Should I start with the evangelical relative who followed me around my parents’ house preaching at me about the evils of my church WHEN MY FATHER WAS DYING or do you have a list of people that come before her? 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6

45 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Well, then let me personally apologize to every former friend and family member who has endlessly harassed me for converting. Should I start with the evangelical relative who followed me around my parents’ house preaching at me about the evils of my church WHEN MY FATHER WAS DYING or do you have a list of people that come before her? 

I'm sorry you went though that. I've never had that happen to me.

My point was just that the Catholic Church used to be far more discriminatory and there are still plenty of Catholics who discriminate against others and use their faith to discriminate. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

My late MIL was from a large Irish Catholic family.  There was a relative a couple of generations older than her that married a non-Catholic, and her family shunned her for the rest of her life.  I've been told that many years later, someone passed away and they needed that shunned relative to sign a probate document, and she wouldn't do it because she was (understandably) bitter.  

My MIL's mother almost became a nun.  She and one of her sisters went to the place to formalize her joining the convent, but the sister chickened out, and she didn't want to join without her, so she declined as well.  She still went to daily Mass for the rest of her life.

My MIL constantly pushed Catholicism on my husband while he was growing up, and as a result, he got sick of it and doesn't want anything to do with it (or any religious denomination) anymore.  However, I'm not Catholic, and my MIL was ok with it.  We got married on a beach and not in a church.

• Upvote 3

On 7/22/2022 at 4:44 PM, Free Jana Duggar said:

I was reading through some recent comments on Lori's fb.  Some of the leghumpers were gushing about their husbands being providers and protectors.  I get the provider thing, but protector?  I'm sure my husband would do his best to protect me if we were being robbed or if a burglar broke in the house, but I don't get the harping on protector.  I go about my daily business and use my head to keep myself out of bad situations.  How often do these women need to be protected?  Are they being robbed daily or something?

One woman commented about she was glad her husband was there to keep the "riff raff" away.  Umm, if you have that many questionable characters coming on your property, you have a serious problem. 

These followers detest the idea of a strong, confident woman who carries pepper spray as her protector. Lori seems to, at least. They love the narrative of the fragile, delicate woman who needs her husband to escort her places and make sure she's OK. In Lori's defense, this WAS the theme of many TV shows and movies while she was growing up. Strong, confident women were not the norm in media back then, although they did exist (they still always seemed to end up with a man, though)

I mean, from time to time, my husband will do a protector-type thing.  But mostly I take pride in being able to manage life by myself. My daughters are the same way--they do all sorts of "scary" things without a man to protect them. But they were raised with a different narrative.

I agree, Lori's idea of needing a "protector" always seemed so antiquated to me.  How much protection does she need while shopping in suburban San Diego, visiting her sisters, bringing Big Salads to her dad? Maybe she lacks self-esteem, and the idea of a man caring for her makes her feel special. In books and movies, it was always the desirable women who got this great honor. 

Either way, the man seems to be getting the easier job. "Sure, I'll protect you, hun, if a gang of roaming bandits break in. In return, you do all the cooking, cleaning, child rearing, laundry and be joyfully available at all times." 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

My parents got married by a priest in the rectory. My dad was Episcopalian and divorced. I did 12 years of Catholic schools, tried to hang with it as an adult and just couldn't. I found what works for me and I have no real desire to even explain myself anymore. 

Lori can fuck right off. I have yet to see ANY church step up and take care of "widows and orphans". Either we figure out a way to survive or we end up on the streets. 

• Upvote 6

On 7/23/2022 at 11:25 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm sorry you went though that. I've never had that happen to me.

My point was just that the Catholic Church used to be far more discriminatory and there are still plenty of Catholics who discriminate against others and use their faith to discriminate. 

You do know that the evangelical harassment and discrimination against Catholics has nothing to do with that, right? It's all about massive disinformation that they have been taught about Catholicism. And none of that has anything to do with any of the Church's now historic positions about Protestantism. In my experience within my own parish and at the Catholic school I taught at, most Catholics (including many priests) think that evangelicals are good Christians but a bit misguided theologically. Meanwhile, evangelicals are sending "mission teams" to Central and South America, the Philipines and Ireland to convert Catholics and often focus college/university ministries on doing the same here at home. 

But clearly that's okay because the Catholic church wasn't overjoyed by the Reformation, I guess??? 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

On 7/22/2022 at 7:44 PM, Free Jana Duggar said:

This is just another way to push the “women really can’t handle being alone” narrative that fundies often cling to. Also, I’m sure it makes the Fundie men feel big, and powerful and strong and all that traditionally “masculine” stuff. Because fundies love that too. I’ve lived alone for eight years and in that time I’ve maybe had a handful of suspicious incidents, odd people etc, but I’ve never been physically harmed, had anyone break into my house, or anything like that. So how often do these people really need protecting?

• I Agree 5

5 hours ago, louisa05 said:

You do know that the evangelical harassment and discrimination against Catholics has nothing to do with that, right? It's all about massive disinformation that they have been taught about Catholicism. And none of that has anything to do with any of the Church's now historic positions about Protestantism. In my experience within my own parish and at the Catholic school I taught at, most Catholics (including many priests) think that evangelicals are good Christians but a bit misguided theologically. Meanwhile, evangelicals are sending "mission teams" to Central and South America, the Philipines and Ireland to convert Catholics and often focus college/university ministries on doing the same here at home. 

But clearly that's okay because the Catholic church wasn't overjoyed by the Reformation, I guess??? 

The Reformation!!?? There has clearly been discrimination since 1520. 

People in the Catholic church were saying non-Catholics were going to hell in the 1960s. Up until Vatican II and there is still a vocal contingent who doesn't agree with it and still thinks non-Catholics go to hell.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Move Along 1

52 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

People in the Catholic church were saying non-Catholics were going to hell in the 1960s. Up until Vatican II and there is still a vocal contingent who doesn't agree with it and still thinks non-Catholics go to hell.

I went to a Catholic school 1955-1969. Vatican II clarified what most Catholics already thought: non Catholics can most certainly go to heaven.  The infamous Father Feeney had Catholics sufficiently upset when he said otherwise in the 1940’s that the Holy Office sent a letter to Cardinal Cushing —that he then made public—stating that a kind of baptism of desire applied to anyone who led a good life. The Holy Office! Were there Catholics who agreed with Feeney? Sure, but the nuns I knew didn’t, and the convent was hardly a bastion of modernism.  As for now, I’m sure some trad Catholics do, but they are a distinct minority, though I agree that they are certainly vocal. 
  I don’t believe that the Catholic Church is a force for good and it certainly had a negative effect on my childhood, but its attitude toward non Catholics has been more accepting for the past eighty years or so. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 7/23/2022 at 3:14 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

You know,  everyone has a point and everyone can share various stories about how one denomination has been bigoted towards another. 

But honestly, I believe no one denomination has the corner on bigotry.  I've attended/been a member of a variety of protestant denominations (Methodist, Wesleyan, Baptist, Presbyterian, Non denominational) as well as (and currently a member) a Catholic church. I've seen religious bigotry and discrimination among all of them. 

But that is also why I (a professing, believing Christian) believe that God is WAY BIGGER than the name on the door of the church where I worship/attend. Despite many declaring that their church is the "right" church,  I've seen good, wonderful, loving Christians along with seeing hypocritical, bigoted, "Christians in name only" in every single denomination.  

In her stories yesterday, Lori said something like she couldn't believe the "separating of the wheat from the chaff" would come down to beliefs on women preaching in church.  It doesn't. I believe it's Jesus command to love others. There are tons and tons of verses that say you can be holiest of holiest falling all the rules (I'm paraphrasing obviously) but if one doesn't have LOVE it is nothing. 

Lori is good at following a whole bunch of rules. I don't see evidence of love. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

On 7/22/2022 at 7:44 PM, Free Jana Duggar said:

Maybe that's what happens when the wife is too "Godly" to work or use birth control (reminder - Lori DID use birth control, when she wasn't sabotaging it), and you're stuck with one income to support an ever growing family? You can't necessarily afford to live in the nice parts of town.

27 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

You know,  everyone has a point and everyone can share various stories about how one denomination has been bigoted towards another. 

But honestly, I believe no one denomination has the corner on bigotry.  I've attended/been a member of a variety of protestant denominations (Methodist, Wesleyan, Baptist, Presbyterian, Non denominational) as well as (and currently a member) a Catholic church. I've seen religious bigotry and discrimination among all of them. 

But that is also why I (a professing, believing Christian) believe that God is WAY BIGGER than the name on the door of the church where I worship/attend. Despite many declaring that their church is the "right" church,  I've seen good, wonderful, loving Christians along with seeing hypocritical, bigoted, "Christians in name only" in every single denomination.  

In her stories yesterday, Lori said something like she couldn't believe the "separating of the wheat from the chaff" would come down to beliefs on women preaching in church.  It doesn't. I believe it's Jesus command to love others. There are tons and tons of verses that say you can be holiest of holiest falling all the rules (I'm paraphrasing obviously) but if one doesn't have LOVE it is nothing. 

Lori is good at following a whole bunch of rules. I don't see evidence of love. 

I agree completely. And it seems to just be a human thing, not just in churches. 

It doesn't matter what you believe, you'll never be "Godly" enough. There's always someone more extreme than you, more strict than you, who believes differently than you, etc. It doesn't even matter what the base religion is, really. Or even if it's a hobby or something.

There are gatekeepers everywhere. You're a fan of a band? There's somebody out there with their 5th grade basement talent show rehearsal tapes who thinks you're not a REAL fan. Like a TV show? There's somebody out there who's memorized every line of every episode and managed to buy some real props from the production. You can't be a REAL fan like they are. If you're vegetarian, there are vegans who will scoff at you. If you are vegan, there are more extreme vegans who will claim you aren't a real vegan because you didn't realize that the factory that made the thread to stitch your vegan leather jacket together once had a mouse infestation and used non-humane traps and chemicals. (I'm making that up, but I've seen similarly ridiculous stuff.)

Lori has decided she's a gatekeeper, and therefore better than everyone else. And always right, all the time, even when she changes her mind. It sounds like an awful exhausting life to me. 

Jesus spoke about love, showed love with most of his actions, and the Bible they worship says "the greatest of these is love." Lori seems to have forgotten that part.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

On 7/24/2022 at 1:53 PM, feministxtian said:

My parents got married by a priest in the rectory. My dad was Episcopalian and divorced. I did 12 years of Catholic schools, tried to hang with it as an adult and just couldn't. I found what works for me and I have no real desire to even explain myself anymore. 

Lori can fuck right off. I have yet to see ANY church step up and take care of "widows and orphans". Either we figure out a way to survive or we end up on the streets. 

I can't stand it when Lori mentions churches taking care of widows and orphans. I remember one of her dumb ass videos a few years back she claimed John MacArthur's church had some kind of program to assist widows or single moms.  There was a woman on Lori's Facebook page who claimed that her church in the UK would pay off mortgages for people in need. In the past some of her fangirls made similar claims, but they never provide real proof of it.

Some churches do have benevolence programs in which they help out people in need on a short term basis. What really pisses me off about Lori and her attitude that churches should support widows and their kids--is that Lori also admitted that she and Ken don't tithe to their church.  It's funny how she expects churches to step in to help widows, but yet she's not contributing to help churches do that even if it's on a short term basis. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

• samurai_sarah locked this topic