IGNORED

(CW&CSA) Josh & Anna 52: Sweeping Crackers for a Lower Sentence

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Same... is this a summer look in the south?  I don't think I've seen men around here dress like that... ever.  Although to be fair people around here dress super-casually all of the time.

He could have gone full-on old Southern with a seersucker suit and white wingtips...

Edited by Alisamer
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

Jason (?) looks like he has what could be a mask crumpled in his right hand too.

Quoting myself to say that upon closer inspection, it looks like the color of the van behind him. But he could easily have a mask in his back pocket.

2 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

It's after Easter, so white shoes aren't verboten. 

But for court? Eh... IDK.

But really they are about to watch their brother go down for (please!) hopefully a very long time so be comfy, Duggarlings.

For me, it's not the color white but the casualness.

Courts vary from location to location, but federal courts do not vary all that much. Dress code is similar to a very formal funeral.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, noseybutt said:

Courts vary from location to location, but federal courts do not vary all that much. Dress code is similar to a very formal funeral.

Last time I had jury duty I was the only one not wearing jeans.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, noseybutt said:

You would expect the Duggars of all people to have appropriate church attire, since they seem the sort to oppose casual dress in church. 

But at least his shoes are clean and he looks like he made an effort on his appearance. My standards are pretty low for these people.

• Upvote 8

Just now, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

Last time I had jury duty I was the only one not wearing jeans.

For jury, yes. 

For defendant and supporters--casual is never recommended.

1 minute ago, Alisamer said:

You would expect the Duggars of all people to have appropriate church attire, since they seem the sort to oppose casual dress in church. 

But at least his shoes are clean and he looks like he made an effort on his appearance. My standards are pretty low for these people.

This. They know how to dress up for church and do so because it is seen as a sign of respect.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

It sucks that the innocent are photgraphed and the perp gets the protected side entrance.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

3 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I think his outfit is snappy but probably not appropriate for court.

It is kind of "first date at a craft brewery", isn't it?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 29

Just now, Alisamer said:

Exactly. Or casual wedding guest attire, like to a backyard BBQ wedding. 

• Upvote 4

Omg. I hope he gets the max. No amount of time will be enough time to me, but at least it’s the legal maximum. 

• I Agree 1

I disagree about the Duggars knowing about a church dress code. The Duggars, IMO, have never been good/succesful at matching attire to venue. They show up to do farm work in flip flops and weddings looking like they just rolled out of bed. I always blamed their attire issues on their thriftiness.

• Upvote 14

Have to say I'm surprised by the siblings.  Joy with random little brother and no Austin was not what I was expecting.  Also Jason is still unmarried living under JB's roof and attending with a sibling who clearly stated they agreed with the verdict and that Josh was guilty.  How is that going to fly with his parents?  

4 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

For jury, yes. 

For defendant and supporters--casual is never recommended.

This. They know how to dress up for church and do so because it is seen as a sign of respect.

Joy isn't a supporter.   She's made that clear from the beginning. 

• Upvote 10

His brother is going to prison for committing a horrific crime. Now is not the time to dress as if he is attending a garden party.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

I disagree about the Duggars knowing about a church dress code. The Duggars, IMO, have never been good/succesful at matching attire to venue. They show up to do farm work in flip flops and weddings looking like they just rolled out of bed. I always blamed their attire issues on their thriftiness.

Will I be tossed off the boards if I admit to never watching the show?

I assumed they understood church dress code from having lived in that region once upon a time. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, imokit said:

Have to say I'm surprised by the siblings.  Joy with random little brother and no Austin was not what I was expecting.  Also Jason is still unmarried living under JB's roof and attending with a sibling who clearly stated they agreed with the verdict and that Josh was guilty.  How is that going to fly with his parents?  

Is he the one who made the tree house his "pad"? Maybe that's how they deal with it. "Get out of the house! Oh, but wait, you are not married so you have to still be under our control. But, we don't want you around to badly influence the little ones. Go live in the tree house where we can keep an eye on you but you aren't close enough to talk to a younger sibling about your evil ways". 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, imokit said:

Joy isn't a supporter.   She's made that clear from the beginning. 

I wonder if Austin is just parking the car or something, surely after being there the entire trial he'll be there for sentencing. In my imagination they dropped kids at the TTH and picked up a howler before heading to the courthouse.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Will I be tossed off the boards if I admit to never watching the show?

I assumed they understood church dress code from having lived in that region once upon a time. 

Nah- I stopped watching after Jill’s wedding, and still feel the need to comment.

• Upvote 5

I live in the south and tbh, what they are wearing wouldn't be looked down upon in many churches. Actually, a lot of people may even be like "oh they are dressed up today" 

Minus the howler, I dont care enough to scroll up lol. That outfit is a little.. interesting. But I know other pictures have shown him wearing that '70s chic before.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Is it really important, what J'Brother is wearing? He's not the accused one and he made an effort to show up. For me, that's enough. 

GuineaPigCourtship, Sorry for the quote. I can't delete it and I don't know, where it came from. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

10 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Exactly. Or casual wedding guest attire, like to a backyard BBQ wedding. 

Thank you for the laugh amidst the anxiety ❤️

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic